White House has settled in

678,357 Views | 4703 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by cbbass1
Another Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yogi58
bearister said:

"The Republican Party looks like a criminal enterprise."
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck . . .
Another Bear
So if Trump's kowtow BJ of Putin, aka the Helsinki Humiliation, was the tipping point. I think yesterday, the Manafort conviction and Cohen implicating Trump in a crime, would be the TRIPPING point where Trump falls down and the whole ball of Russkie Pee and collusion, unfettered greed, corruption and sleaze by the GOP (Duncan Hunter and Chris Collins indicted, both Trump peg boys) and Dotard Trump's background finally catch up and engulf the GOP in a burning pile of shtt.

Next up...looking for the Trump FULL FACE PLANT...after the tripping point. Stock up popcorn lads...the show is going to continue for a while. Anyone care to guess the finale?

bearister
Another Bear said:

...Anyone care to guess the finale

tRump resigns. POTUS Pence pardons ( alliteration?) tRump Crime Family that then goes on to make the most popular reality TV show in history. tRump dies and ends up sitting at the right hand of God.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Anarchistbear
The end is the same-the possibility of impeachment but nothing happens until after the mid terms and he won't be convicted without a lot of Republicans. It still seems a long shot but yesterday ramped those odds up not the least because the Republicans have to be wondering about their future with the Great Helmsmen leading them down the whitewater rapids. The good news is that come November-when the Dems win- the Trump era is on life support.
Another Bear
I think Trump resigning and Pence taking over is a real possibility. Seems logical and seems like a GOP play to keep power.

That said, Trump and company are too incompetent and stupid for this to die "naturally". My guess...Trump does something way beyond the Helsinki Humilitation...something truly backwards and dumb. I have no idea what, or how but given what we've witnessed so far and given Trump...it has to end badly, tremendously bad, Bigly BAD...ugly bad.

I don't think the Russkies will off Dotard (too risky/obvious) but something bad will happen. Total guess...Mueller gets Trump Jr...and then Trump.

Or there's a massive, ginormus October surprise.
sycasey
Another Bear said:

I think Trump resigning and Pence taking over is a real possibility. Seems logical and seems like a GOP play to keep power.

The other thing is that Pence is also terrible. At governing, I mean. He exited as a very unpopular governor in Indiana. If he's the President he probably won't be popular either. He'd be less of a lightning rod for criticism, but also wouldn't excite the base like Trump does. Probably not a real improvement.
B.A. Bearacus
bearister
sycasey said:

...., but also wouldn't excite the base like Trump does.....

...but he is a real chick magnet, however. His wife and daughter have to beat them off with a stick. We know he will be an infallible POTUS because every night he will get his governing instructions direct from God.
blungld
I don't think Pence survives either. There are many Republicans about to resign or be impeached.
mikecohen
blungld said:

I don't think Pence survives either. There are many Republicans about to resign or be impeached.
If your thought is correct, what is the mechanism of how that non-survival is achieved?
concordtom
This Trump fiasco makes me think we should instill an examine to grant people voter rights.
Sorry, but true. Worth considering, discussing.
Anyone who can be so easily hoodwinked should not get a second chance at it.
I hate Trump's guts.
He is a terrible food, idiot, jerk.
I look forward to spitting on his grave one day.
I will print out a photo of him tomorrow and burn it in a metal trash bin.
I will defecate and urinate on the name trump.
Okay, that was fun hyperbolic humor. Now back to the "I hate Trump" channel - all of them!
Another Bear
Agree, Pence is Manafort's guy. They're connected, Manafort brought Pence in.

Manafort of course is bad news for the GOP, and he has another trial in D.C. on Sept. 17. That's prime time run up to the midterm elections. It's also more exposure to corruption. The question is if/how Pence is exposed from the Mueller investigation, Manafort 2.0 trial, etc.

So...who's third in line? Hahahaha...now that could be a karmic reverse burn on the GOP.
B.A. Bearacus
mikecohen
Another Bear said:

Manafort of course is bad news for the GOP, and he has another trial in D.C. on Sept. 17. That's prime time run up to the midterm elections. It's also more exposure to corruption. The question is if/how Pence is exposed from the Mueller investigation, Manafort 2.0 trial, etc.

So...who's third in line? Hahahaha...now that could be a karmic reverse burn on the GOP.
I cannot hide my glee just at the mere thought of President Nancy Pelosi.
B.A. Bearacus
He tweeted the following at 1:10am.

Trump is basically the guy driving the truck in this video:
prospeCt
NO CONCUSSION - THATCHED OUTRIGGER

resign now, no hard feelings, keep one Scots links course, play nice maybe a Mt Rushmore II coming down the road

"Give to Cal Legends! https://calegends.com/donation/ Do it ", if so inclined, & beneficent 🙏🏼
concordtom
mikecohen said:

Another Bear said:

I cannot hide my glee just at the mere thought of President Nancy Pelosi.
Funny, but no way.
concordtom
Another Bear said:

In this case, I couldn't agree with Lindsay Graham more.
But truth be told, I've always thought he was the biggest puss in the senate.
concordtom
blungld said:

I must have missed some things here on BI or in real life because I think you guys have leaped 5 stages ahead without cause.
Care to explain?
bearister
bearister
"Since leaving office, the former vice president has maintained quiet contact with a range of former people he served with who have been dismayed by what they are seeing out there, according to someone close to Biden.
Biden's rough message to McRaven: "It is presumptuous of me to say, but I'm so incredibly proud of you. I saw up close your physical courage, including your incredible calm during planning for the Bin Laden raid. As RFK said: 'Moral courage is the rarer commodity than bravery in battle.'"
"I have never met anybody whose moral courage equaled their physical courage in your category. I'm proud to know you and be associated with you." Axios
sycasey
concordtom said:

Another Bear said:

In this case, I couldn't agree with Lindsay Graham more.
But truth be told, I've always thought he was the biggest puss in the senate.
I would say that, but Marco Rubio also exists.
OneKeg
Call me crazy and I hope I'm wrong. But nothing major will come of even this.

Some guy tweeted that this has all revealed to what extent the US political system with its checks and balances was really just based on the honors system. With 35-40% of the electorate (well situated elecoral college-wise) blindly supporting him and most of 1 major political party sycophantically trudging along behind him for fear of getting primaried by this voter base, there's a decent chance we get at least 6 more years of Trump. And that's even without massive gerrymandering and voter suppression helping him and Rebublican legislators. None of these indictments matter to his base except to rile them up even more at liberals/Democrats and anyone else in the out group.

It's up to all of us across the US to rise up and overcome these obstacles to vote him out. Easier said than done though.
bearister

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DlS2GpzU4AEVB9-?format=jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DlS2Ca5V4AAY-wp?format=jpg
Another Bear
B.A. Bearacus said:

He tweeted the following at 1:10am.

Trump is basically the guy driving the truck in this video:
Just read a headline, Trump's "No collusion, rigged witch hunt" = Nixon's "I'm not a crook". Seems spot on.
concordtom
bearister said:

Reminds me of this good family (older kids) movie, Stardust.

Trump = Septimus

concordtom
OneKeg said:

What my wife says.

I dunno. I think there will come a point of no return. Republicans will have to cave. This is the beginning of the end. (It's been a long opening act!!!)
sycasey
OneKeg said:

With 35-40% of the electorate (well situated elecoral college-wise) blindly supporting him and most of 1 major political party sycophantically trudging along behind him for fear of getting primaried by this voter base, there's a decent chance we get at least 6 more years of Trump.
IMO this is overstated. Trump held an Electoral College advantage in 2016, yes. But his margins in swing states were extremely slim. It wouldn't have taken more than a 2% shift against him to generate a loss. No reason to think that can't happen next time, even if his "base" remains supportive.
Another Bear
Trump's wins in three battleground rustbelt states were aided by the Russkies. Without Russian help, I doubt Trump can get reelected...if he survives the corruption charges. It's telling Trump has delayed election security funding. Regardless, shut down the Russkies and a conduct a fair election...and I doubt very much Trump can win.
bearister
concordtom said:

OneKeg said:

What my wife says.

I dunno. I think there will come a point of no return. Republicans will have to cave. This is the beginning of the end. (It's been a long opening act!!!)

Until the Manafort guilty verdict, I agreed with OneKeg's wife. Now that we know there were a few tRumptists on the jury and all but one voted guilty on 18 counts, I think tRump and his Crime Family have BIG F'IN PROBLEMS. It is really snowballing and the dike is springing too many leaks for his doll fingers to plug. It is a real dangerous time to be a moron that thinks he is the smartest guy in the room when Captain Mueller, USMC is in the room.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/aug/23/paul-manafort-juror-says-one-holdout-kept-jury-from-convicting-on-all-counts?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
Another Bear

Watch it lads...she's about to blow...
bearister
Another Bear

If it quacks like a duck...it must be a GOP Nazi who use to work for Trump...and oh yes, Gorker murdered irony right there by talking about American values. What a motherfccker. For god fccking sake, the stooge is taken straight from central casting to play the ambiguous Euro villain...and yes HE IS A NAZI.
Another Bear
Yes the mere idea has me smiling. Don't want to jinx anything...but man that would be stupendously hilarious and painful (for the GOP).
First Page Last Page
Page 48 of 135

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.