White House has settled in

678,253 Views | 4703 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by cbbass1
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?

mikecohen
Another Bear said:

Trump's wins in three battleground rustbelt states were aided by the Russkies. Without Russian help, I doubt Trump can get reelected...if he survives the corruption charges. It's telling Trump has delayed election security funding. Regardless, shut down the Russkies and a conduct a fair election...and I doubt very much Trump can win.
Easier said: According to Facebook's recent head of security, any hope of avoiding the 2016 election problems in 2018 is already lost - especially since the President is in fact, actually, no-kidding, blocking all legislative and administrative attempts at reform.
bearister
tRump's wish list for our legal system:

"Trump tweets reflect his parallel legal universe:

March 30, 2017: "The failing nytimes has disgraced the media world. Gotten me wrong for two solid years. Change libel laws?"

June 4, 2018: "The appointment of the Special Counsel is totally UNCONSTITUTIONAL!"

Same day: "I have the absolute right to PARDON myself."

June 24, 2018: "We cannot allow all of these people to invade our Country. When somebody comes in, we must immediately, with no Judges or Court Cases, bring them back from where they came."

Specifically with regard to the Justice Department, he believes two things:
1. These people work for me. Why should I not expect personal loyalty from the people who work for me? And

2. This is how the world works, so everyone should quit pretending otherwise." Axios
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
okaydo

concordtom
sycasey said:

OneKeg said:

With 35-40% of the electorate (well situated elecoral college-wise) blindly supporting him and most of 1 major political party sycophantically trudging along behind him for fear of getting primaried by this voter base, there's a decent chance we get at least 6 more years of Trump.
IMO this is overstated. Trump held an Electoral College advantage in 2016, yes. But his margins in swing states were extremely slim. It wouldn't have taken more than a 2% shift against him to generate a loss. No reason to think that can't happen next time, even if his "base" remains supportive.
And by "base", you are actually meaning to say idiot ostriches, like my step-brother-in-law Barry, and all other FoxNews brainswashees, right?
concordtom
bearister said:

I think he actually wasn't drinking from the bottle, rather spitting something back into it?

He's always looking to deceive, and he's actually excellent at it, no?
bearister
Now that he can't play Stones or Aerosmith at his rallies, tRump's new theme song:

*stole song idea from Morning Joe
concordtom
Dude on tv, morning joe, who was spiro Agnes's lawyer says it doesn't matter if trump pardons manifort, because the same violations that he was just found guilty of occurred in NY and the state can prosecute similarly and the federal pardon does nothing for state convictions.

Thus, pressure will be on manifort to flip, or spend the rest of his life in jail.

That made me happy. Gives me hope.

Yet, then again, I'm actually surprised that dead bodies of somebody's relative(s) haven't started popping up.
Like, a tragic accident. A heart attack. Anything to sew doubt in the mind of the flippers.
That is stronger than anything else, and it's a tool for Trump/Putin to use. Why I previously said Cohen et al wouldn't flip.
concordtom
bearister said:

Now that he can't play Stones or Aerosmith at his rallies, tRump's new theme song:

*stole song idea from Morning Joe
Yeah, I'm watching that extended hour long segment on YouTube replay right now.
They opened their show with it.
concordtom
But the song I have had going thru my mind is Aerosmith's Love In An Elevator.
The part in the middle where instruments stop and Steven Tyler says
"Go-Ing Dooooowwwwwwnnnnnn".

At 3:12

Methinks Aerosmith would allow Never Trumpers to play that at their rallies.
I'd pay money for it.
concordtom
Speaking of paying money for anti trump entertainment, where are the comedians during this time?

Someone from DC showed this to me last weekend. Definitely worth watching!

Oh, my! "There's a HORSE in the hospital!"

https://vimeo.com/268233557
sycasey
concordtom said:

sycasey said:

OneKeg said:

With 35-40% of the electorate (well situated elecoral college-wise) blindly supporting him and most of 1 major political party sycophantically trudging along behind him for fear of getting primaried by this voter base, there's a decent chance we get at least 6 more years of Trump.
IMO this is overstated. Trump held an Electoral College advantage in 2016, yes. But his margins in swing states were extremely slim. It wouldn't have taken more than a 2% shift against him to generate a loss. No reason to think that can't happen next time, even if his "base" remains supportive.
And by "base", you are actually meaning to say idiot ostriches, like my step-brother-in-law Barry, and all other FoxNews brainswashees, right?
There's always at least 25% of the population who is like this. Probably a bit higher with Trump.
bearister
I wonder if God has been whispering "25th Amendment" into the ear of Mike "The Man from Glad" Pence? All it would take is one order from General Kelly to the palace guards.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twenty-fifth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

I do think he is very close to trying to grab the miniature pink Pterodactylus out of the air he sees flying around him.

okaydo

Another Bear
B.A. Bearacus
I don't have the exact quote of what I just saw on CNN, but Pence just told people not to trust the news (not surprising), but instead, to trust what he thinks folks know is the best source of information, "word of mouth."

Word of freaking mouth? Um, ok.
bearister
President tRump met with one of the leading promoters of the "QAnon" conspiracy theory in the Oval Office on Thursday.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/403549-trump-meets-with-promoter-of-qanon-conspiracy-theory-in-oval

Another Bear
Is that Kellyane's mom on the left?
bearister
Another Bear said:

Is that Kellyane's mom on the left?

Could be, but it is the second photo I have seen in my life that looks like a Welcoming Committee at an event I don't think you want to go into. The first such photo:

Another Bear

Yeah well...it ain't no sideshow bub.
bearister
Bill Maher:
"If they keep locking up Republicans there won't be anyone left to lock up Hillary."

"If they keep locking up White Republicans White NFL players are going to start taking a knee."
sonofabear51
These are scary people, and it ain't even close to Halloween yet. Wow!
Start Slowly and taper off
dajo9
Another Bear said:

Trump's wins in three battleground rustbelt states were aided by the Russkies. Without Russian help, I doubt Trump can get reelected...if he survives the corruption charges. It's telling Trump has delayed election security funding. Regardless, shut down the Russkies and a conduct a fair election...and I doubt very much Trump can win.

That's before Trump's DOJ, with Rudy Giuliani as Attorney General, arrests the Democratic candidate for pedophilia.

The 2018 election is the most important election in our lifetime.
American Vermin
bearister
Someone leaked that Republican Congressman have prepared a spread sheet of investigations they fear will go forward if the Democrats manage to flip Congress in November:

Here are some of the probes it predicts:

President Trump's tax returns
Trump family businesses and whether they comply with the Constitution's emoluments clause, including the Chinese trademark grant to the Trump Organization
Trump's dealings with Russia, including the president's preparation for his meeting with Vladimir Putin
The payment to Stephanie Clifford a.k.a. Stormy Daniels
James Comey's firing
Trump's firing of U.S. attorneys
Trump's proposed transgender ban for the military
Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin's business dealings
White House staff's personal email use
Cabinet secretary travel, office expenses, and other misused perks
Discussion of classified information at Mar-a-Lago
Jared Kushner's ethics law compliance
Dismissal of members of the EPA board of scientific counselors
The travel ban
Family separation policy
Hurricane response in Puerto Rico
Election security and hacking attempts
White House security clearances
-Axios
Another Bear
Scoop: the Republicans Secretly Study Their Upcoming Hell

I just read that...amazing list really. Da shtt hit the fan and now the GOP will tell us it's fake shtt and a fake fan...but that list sure looks real.

Another Bear

Picture of Trump glowering at a small child becomes a meme
bearister
bearister
"The U.S. will be paying up to $4.7 billion to help farmers dealing with trade war pains, including $3.6 billion is earmarked for soybean farmers." Axios
Another Bear
W.T.F. ...an intervention? The S.S. Orange Puke Small Hands is taking on water.

"TRUMP IS NUTS. THIS TIME REALLY FEELS DIFFERENT": TRUMP REJECTS "WAR COUNCIL" INTERVENTION, GOES IT ALONE

Quote:

With his closest allies defecting, the president increasingly trusts only his instincts. He "got joy" from stripping former C.I.A. director John Brennan's security clearance. And after betrayals by Allen Weisselberg and David Pecker, a former White House official says, Trump "spent the weekend calling people and screaming."
bearister
"Shunned at two funerals and one (royal) wedding so far, President Trump may be well on his way to becoming president non grata." Ashley Parker, Washington Post
BearNIt
The man who currently occupies the White House is a small, evil minded, wretch of a human being. Watching him sit with his arms folded like a petulant two year-old confirmed yet again who this moron is. Not only will he pay the price, so will the evil spawn he calls his children. Mueller has more information than Trump realizes and he will use what he has to hurt Trump to his core and that will be watching his children sentenced to prison for lying to federal investigators and Congress.

The Republican Party should be ashamed of itself for sitting on their hands and not standing up for someone who fought for this country, became a prisoner of war in defense of this country, and served his country faithfully as a Senator in the Congress of the United States of America. There is something that is just wrong about how certain parties handled the death of John McCain
okaydo

golden sloth
If Trump wants to die to receive more attention than John McCain, I am all for it.
bearister

What if Trump Did Actually Shoot Someone on Fifth Avenue? By Thomas F'ing Friedman

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/28/opinion/trump-midterms-shoot-fifth-avenue.html
bearister
tRump to Evangelical ministers:
"If Republicans lose Congress, "they will end everything immediately", the president said, seemingly referring to Congressional Democrats.
He went on: "They will overturn everything that we've done and they'll do it quickly and violently. And violently. There's violence. When you look at antifa, and you look at some of these groups, these are violent people." The Guardian
First Page Last Page
Page 49 of 135

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.