White House has settled in

678,212 Views | 4703 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by cbbass1
sonofabear51
How long do you want to ignore this user?
OK, So?
Start Slowly and taper off
bearister
sonofabear51 said:

OK, So?

Interesting comment tRump made in light of the fact he is a hero to the Alt Right and KKK, two of the most violent groups in America.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
mikecohen
bearister said:

sonofabear51 said:

OK, So?

Interesting comment tRump made in light of the fact he is a hero to the Alt Right and KKK, two of the most violent groups in America.
Kind-of agreeing with sonofabear: Newsworthy would be if something Trump said was true.
Another Bear
This just in... Don McGahn, the WH counsel, is leaving after the midterm. There's the usual, tough job moving on stuff...but the real take away seems to be:

A) Trump is psssed off (and was unaware) McGahn covered his back and spoke with Mueller.
B) McGahn prevented Trump from firing Mueller, if he's gone a suck-up might okay it.
C) McGahn disagreed about pardoning Manafort, with McGahn gone, that can now happen.
okaydo
BearChemist

Could this be one of the BI posters? When was the last time we heard from iwantwinners?
bearister
Can we finally drive the last nail in the coffin of the argument that the tRump tax cuts for corporations ultimately trickle down to the benefit of the proletariat?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/aug/28/att-earns-record-profits-layoffs-outsourcing-continue?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
B.A. Bearacus
This is the book we will all be talking about in two weeks and Trump is talking about now.

"Senior officials, acting as lone wolves concerned with preserving their own reputations, spoke to Woodward on their own with some granting him hours of their time out of a fear of being the last person in the room to offer his or her viewpoint. As one former administration official put it: 'He hooked somebody, and that put the fear of God in everyone else.' Another former official added: 'It's gonna be killer. Everyone talked with Woodward.'" (Politico)

B.A. Bearacus
dajo9
B.A. Bearacus said:

This is the book we will all be talking about in two weeks and Trump is talking about now.

"Senior officials, acting as lone wolves concerned with preserving their own reputations, spoke to Woodward on their own with some granting him hours of their time out of a fear of being the last person in the room to offer his or her viewpoint. As one former administration official put it: 'He hooked somebody, and that put the fear of God in everyone else.' Another former official added: 'It's gonna be killer. Everyone talked with Woodward.'" (Politico)

I'm not interested in what Bob Woodward has to say. I don't remember the details but I remember being thoroughly disappointed in his many portrayals of George W. Bush. Access journalism. Blowing in the winds of public opinion. I'm just not interested.
American Vermin
B.A. Bearacus
B.A. Bearacus
bearister
"After his termination, Scaramucci, 54, walked into a "cubby-like office" and "started crying," according to Manigault Newman.
"One of the assistants saw and heard the whole thing," Manigault Newman writes. "She described it as 'a girly cry.' "

B.A. Bearacus
Great Obama eulogy for McCain. Here is the point at which he takes a minute to indirectly call out Golden One and Sonofoski's leader (it's worth rewinding to the beginning to watch the entire 19 minutes of his graceful, funny, and heartfelt eulogy):

B.A. Bearacus
Trump supporters, meet your new Google.

You will never be caught again in embarrassing situations like this:

bearister
When are they going to give an Urban Dictionary definition for tRump like they did for Santorum?
Anarchistbear

Uncle Joe worked closely with Barry on McCain's eulogy until overwhelmed by tears and too many Colt 45's he passed out and threw up on the " across the aisle" bistro service.
Another Bear
Nice one comrade!
B.A. Bearacus

TLDNR: Trump without a doubt called Sessions "mentally ******ed" and a "dumb southerner."

OBear073akaSMFan
Now an op ed piece from New York time. When are the Republicans going to get their spine back!

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/05/opinion/trump-white-house-anonymous-resistance.html
BearChemist
OBear073akaSMFan said:

Now an op ed piece from New York time. When are the Republicans going to get their spine back!

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/05/opinion/trump-white-house-anonymous-resistance.html
My guess is 1) Kavanaugh be confirmed into SCOTUS and 2) Democrates take control of House, then GOP establishment will suddenly turn into moral compass and start bringing up impeachment or 25th.
Eastern Oregon Bear
OBear073akaSMFan said:

That's one stunning and scary statement, yet somehow it's slightly reassuring at the same time. At least there's some chance Trump's worst impulses may not be acted upon.
bearister
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

OBear073akaSMFan said:

That's one stunning and scary statement, yet somehow it's slightly reassuring at the same time. At least there's some chance Trump's worst impulses may not be acted upon.

Anarchistbear
BearChemist said:

OBear073akaSMFan said:

My guess is 1) Kavanaugh be confirmed into SCOTUS and 2) Democrates take control of House, then GOP establishment will suddenly turn into moral compass and start bringing up impeachment or 25th.

The Dems take control of the House. Mueller tries to subpoena Trump. Kavanaugh and SCOTUS rules against it.
Another Bear
Sen. Leahy has hinted he has the smoking gun from the 42,000 page dump regarding Kavanaugh's alledged prejury. Not sure it's anything, or it can derail the appointment...but it could. Could be something.

p.s. the internal resistance...glad to know it.
bearister
The USS tRumptanic

BearChemist
I wonder if Sanders or Conway (the wife) is part of the "Deep State." They deserve some Oscars if true.
Unit2Sucks
OBear073akaSMFan said:

Great op-ed. I wonder if it's a publicly known person or more of a minion since senior official doesn't really mean much (they could number in the hundreds). Will be some great speculation on who it is. I hope the person is discovered and fired and goes public.

On the one hand it makes me happy that there are adults preventing him from doing more damage to the country and the world, while on the other hand the fact that we obviously have a Merkin Muffley/Bulworth situation and that 40% of the country pretends like Abraham Roosevelt Reagan is president is deeply and profoundly disappointing.
bearister
Another Bear
Besides the internal resistance, Woodward's book mentions senior staffers "stealing" letters and docs from Trump...TO PROTECT THE NATION. I'm truly glad there's some adults there.
BearChemist
Another Bear said:

Besides the internal resistance, Woodward's book mentions senior staffers "stealing" letters and docs from Trump...TO PROTECT THE NATION. I'm truly glad there's some adults there.
That is Gary Cohn but he is long gone from the Trump daycare.
bearister
OBear073akaSMFan said:

Comments to Daily Mail story on Op Ed piece in NY Times on tRump's competency:

"Just so you know leftie MSM and DM, we don't give a crap about your fake news. You're making fools of yourselves."

"Op Ed that hides the author....yea there's nothing to the fake news stuff is there? What will the people who can't accept election results do next? This is getting really old."

"Anonymous and New York Times in the same sentence equals fiction. That's all we need to know. This just shows how hysterically desperate the worms in the leftist media are. It's an attempt to bring hope to the demoralized Democrats after Trump wins again with a near term Supreme Court appointment. "

"It must be tiring have to make up new ways to criticise Trump every hour of the day. We all see through it, and it won't work. He's going to win again next time around and there's nothing you can do to stop it."

"They won't step up and give their names because they are seditionists and will be the first ones tied to a pole and shot."

"If Trump is ineffective, give me ineffective! Ineffective people cannot rattle the whole Democrat Party and follow through on threats to Russia and Syria, raise tariffs on friend and foe alike in order to get a better deal for Americans, create so many jobs, etc - all while doing things others either talked about or lacked the fortitude to go forward with."

golden sloth
OBear073akaSMFan said:

I'm calling BS on this op-ed.

This seems like typical conservative double-game. Calling for a return to civility and to view everyone as 'Americans', while the party in power continues to become more aggressive, more hostile, and more threatening to you. They are metaphorically pulling a gun on you and telling you to stay calm at the same time. As examples, see the threats to NBCs and CNNs licensces, the threats to youtube, twitter and facebook about censoring conservative voices, the false claims that the aforementioned companies are interfering with the election, and the withholding of information on supreme court nominees (which breaks from decades of tradition). Yet, it is those being attacked and marginalized, constantly and without prejudice that are uncivil and need to change their tone, that is BS. How about this, liberals will start civilly engaging with conservatives, once they alienate and expel the crazy-conspiracy theory subsection of conservatives that constantly lie and attack both the left and the middle (a subsection which I believe is small but loud as hell), and start adhering to the previously accepted norms and traditions of governance.
Anarchistbear
Only days after the embarrassing slobber fest for the awful McCain, things are back to normal.
Quote:

e

Another Bear
I agree with the double talk aspect because the GOP still got the tax cut and the SCOTUS pick. Basically while there was an adult watching...the GOP are still a bunch of motherfcckers. Prime example: Dubya's people dumped 42k pages of docs on Monday, for a hearing that started yesterday.

If there's an upside, some are suggesting Sen. Patrick Leahy has found the smoking gun on the Kavanaugh prejury deal.
First Page Last Page
Page 50 of 135

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.