White House has settled in

678,360 Views | 4703 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by cbbass1
oski003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
B.A. Bearacus said:

Some of you are and will be this dad.

Trump gets reelected and ConcordTom ends it all, sitting on his couch angry, bitter, and full of anti-Republican hate, watching CNN. This post is 100% based on CT's recent post that he would want the firing squad turned on him if Trump was reelected. This post also acknowledges that CT used to be Republican.
B.A. Bearacus
Watch till end.
GBear4Life
Another Bear said:

My guess is impeachment is coming.
Shocker...
bearister
"The best way to keep Donald Trump's presidency in perspective isn't to go down the rabbit hole with every fight he picks or statement that mangles reality, but instead to realize the sheer volume, Axios managing editor David Nather writes.

We looked through his public comments and tweets for this week, and found an avalanche of personal attacks and statements at odds with reality.
Why it matters: For history's sake, let's not lose sight of how unusual this is.
The list includes:

He heckled Robert Mueller, both before his testimony and after: "Robert Mueller did a horrible job."
He attacked reporters who asked him to respond to Mueller's testimony, calling one "fake news" and another "untruthful."
He infuriated the leaders of Afghanistan after noting that "if I wanted to win that war, Afghanistan would be wiped off the face of the Earth." Afghanistan officials demanded a clarification.
He suggested investigating President Obama's book deal: "Let's look into Obama the way they've looked at me ... Let's subpoena all of his records."
He kept attacking four Democratic congresswomen of color, tweeting that the group was "a very Racist group of troublemakers."
He denied a WashPost report that he had talking points on the lawmakers, even though there's a photo of them.
He claimed with no evidence that undocumented immigrants "vote many times, not just twice, not just three times."
He claimed that Article 2 of the Constitution gives him "the right to do whatever I want as President." (It doesn't.)
He accused the news media of inventing sources: "There are no seven sources. They make them up." (We don't.)
He charged that social media companies "censor opinions" and "decide what information citizens are going to be given," and claimed his supporters have told him "they make it so hard to follow you." (Go to Twitter, look up @realDonaldTrump, and see if it's hard to follow him.)
Breaking ... Trump this morning attacks House Oversight Chairman Elijah Cummings of Baltimore:

"[T]he Border is clean, efficient & well run, just very crowded. Cumming District is a disgusting, rat and rodent infested mess. If he spent more time in Baltimore, maybe he could help clean up this very dangerous & filthy place."Axios
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
BearForce2
bearister said:

"The best way to keep Donald Trump's presidency in perspective isn't to go down the rabbit hole with every fight he picks or statement that mangles reality, but instead to realize the sheer volume, Axios managing editor David Nather writes.

We looked through his public comments and tweets for this week, and found an avalanche of personal attacks and statements at odds with reality.
Why it matters: For history's sake, let's not lose sight of how unusual this is.
The list includes:

He heckled Robert Mueller, both before his testimony and after: "Robert Mueller did a horrible job."
He attacked reporters who asked him to respond to Mueller's testimony, calling one "fake news" and another "untruthful."
He infuriated the leaders of Afghanistan after noting that "if I wanted to win that war, Afghanistan would be wiped off the face of the Earth." Afghanistan officials demanded a clarification.
He suggested investigating President Obama's book deal: "Let's look into Obama the way they've looked at me ... Let's subpoena all of his records."
He kept attacking four Democratic congresswomen of color, tweeting that the group was "a very Racist group of troublemakers."
He denied a WashPost report that he had talking points on the lawmakers, even though there's a photo of them.
He claimed with no evidence that undocumented immigrants "vote many times, not just twice, not just three times."
He claimed that Article 2 of the Constitution gives him "the right to do whatever I want as President." (It doesn't.)
He accused the news media of inventing sources: "There are no seven sources. They make them up." (We don't.)
He charged that social media companies "censor opinions" and "decide what information citizens are going to be given," and claimed his supporters have told him "they make it so hard to follow you." (Go to Twitter, look up @realDonaldTrump, and see if it's hard to follow him.)
Breaking ... Trump this morning attacks House Oversight Chairman Elijah Cummings of Baltimore:

"[T]he Border is clean, efficient & well run, just very crowded. Cumming District is a disgusting, rat and rodent infested mess. If he spent more time in Baltimore, maybe he could help clean up this very dangerous & filthy place."Axios
True but Trump is attacked every day from the left and the leftist media. Obama didn't get the same treatment. Conservatives feel like their values have been under attack for a long time and they see Trump as the only one capable of punching back. As Ben Shapiro said, he's a hammer in search of nail and he'll miss sometimes. Your list should be longer.
sycasey
BearForce2 said:

True but Trump is attacked every day from the left and the leftist media. Obama didn't get the same treatment.

Why would he? Obama was relatively scandal-free and rarely said anything as controversial as Trump does.

Sometimes people get attacked less because they are actually better at their job.
BearForce2
sycasey said:

BearForce2 said:

True but Trump is attacked every day from the left and the leftist media. Obama didn't get the same treatment.

Why would he? Obama was relatively scandal-free and rarely said anything as controversial as Trump does.

Sometimes people get attacked less because they are actually better at their job.
Because he won the election. The electoral college system is broken, elections were rigged, etc...Trump had no chance with the leftist media before he even set foot in the White House. Let's separate character and policy., I'd rather have a beer with Obama but support Trump's policies over Obama's.
bearister
"True but Trump is attacked every day from the left and the leftist media."

True, but he also is attacked every day by people of good will and conscience, Republicans, former Republicans, moderates, and basically everyone that isn't bat guano cray cray.*

*I am a moderate Democrat and I believe reasonable minds can differ with regard to which path is superior, Democrat or Republican. However, I do not think reasonable minds can differ with regard to whether tRump's flaws disqualify him. He is immoral, unethical, lacks courtesy, respect, a sense of honor and duty, good judgment, common sense and the intellectual capacity to perform the job of POTUS. Anyone that supports him is an enabler putting the Republic at risk.
sycasey
BearForce2 said:

sycasey said:

BearForce2 said:

Because he won the election. The electoral college system is broken, elections were rigged, etc...Trump had no chance with the leftist media before he even set foot in the White House. Let's separate character and policy., I'd rather have a beer with Obama but support Trump's policies over Obama's.

Trump gets more criticism because of his own behavior. When did conservatives stop believing in personal responsibility?
bearister

B.A. Bearacus
Man who is completely unfit to be president clarifies to 9-11 first responders that he was not a first responder on that day, despite outward appearances.

bearister
"President Trump implausibly claimed today, signing the 9/11 first responders extension:

"I was down there also, but I'm not considering myself a first responder. But I was down there. I spent a lot of time down there with you." Axios

As we know, this is typical tRump horse turd, but if it isn't, I hope he took real deep breaths when he was down there.
bearister
Did Jim Jordan sustain brain damage from wrestling or is it attributable to PTSD from enabling molestation in the locker room?

dajo9
bearister said:

Did Jim Jordan sustain brain damage from wrestling or is it attributable to PTSD from enabling molestation in the locker room?

I believe that is a fake quote. As much I dislike Gym Jordan, I dislike false propaganda even more. I don't want to be like the Republicans.
American Vermin
B.A. Bearacus
Dan Lyons, writer for Silicon Valley, must have been riffing on that theme yesterday of T being present and helpful at historic events (like 9-11, Titanic sinking, etc). Might be obvious to his followers, but could easily get misconstrued as an actual quote when untethered from that following (and because Republicans say actual insanely hypocritical or untrue things to lift up T and make his lies seem less insane).
bearister
dajo9 said:

bearister said:

I believe that is a fake quote. As much I dislike Gym Jordan, I dislike false propaganda even more. I don't want to be like the Republicans.

My bad. This hit 6 minutes ago:*

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/jim-jordan-911-tweet/

*This will mark one the few times that Republicans will accept Snopes as a legitimate fact checker.
Another Bear
If something like 9/11 happens again, where the protocol is to secure POTUS and VEEP for national security...I think they leave Trump behind to fight the baddies just like he would at ground zero on 9/11. Gym Jordan and Trump's bonespurs would be right there in the fight.
BearNIt
The Idiot in Chief points out to the press that African Americans especially those in Baltimore are just thrilled with his pointing out how corrupt and wasteful the leaders of Baltimore are. How thrilled they are with all the programs he has gifted them with and that the moon is made of cheese.
bearister
I hope this makes up for my Jim Jordan f up. At least I know for sure that it is true:

...and I assume this is true, he said sheepishly:

B.A. Bearacus
bearister said:

I hope this makes up for my Jim Jordan f up.
bearister
B.A. Bearacus said:

bearister said:

I hope this makes up for my Jim Jordan f up.

A variation of the famous break up line, "It's not you, it's me. You're too good for me."
Another Bear
Speaking of infestations...bugs are colonizing the golden sprouts.

Unit2Sucks
Finally some truth from Trump - and he couldn't have described his presidency better even if he tried:

Quote:

"There's no strategy. I have no strategy. There's zero strategy," Trump said upon returning to the White House from a trip to Jamestown, Va.

B.A. Bearacus

Quote:

The new category is different in that it focuses not on racial motivations, but on violence based specifically on beliefs that, in the words of the FBI document, "attempt to explain events or circumstances as the result of a group of actors working in secret to benefit themselves at the expense of others" and are "usually at odds with official or prevailing explanations of events."

The FBI said another factor driving the intensity of this threat is "the uncovering of real conspiracies or cover-ups involving illegal, harmful, or unconstitutional activities by government officials or leading political figures." The FBI does not specify which political leaders or which cover-ups it was referring to.

Unit2Sucks
These conspiracy theorists aren't too far removed from people who yell fire in a crowded theater. I think there is a lot of truth to the "stochastic terrorism" theory and that people should be held accountable for intentionally inciting terrorism, even if there is not necessarily a 1 to 1 correlation. The problem is how you balance free speech principals with this new threat.
B.A. Bearacus
T saying that Russia is NOT currently trying to interfere with our elections.

bearister

How can Nancy speak so cruelly of Jerry the Kush, the man about to make the lion lay down with the lamb in the Middle East and establish a Pax Americana that will last a 1000 years?

B.A. Bearacus

Bret Stephens:
Quote:

To adapt a line from Huey Lewis, I want a new party one that won't make me sick.

I have written so often (and so recently) about the ways Donald Trump's G.O.P. makes me sick that I won't repeat myself here. It's enough to say that when the president calls for four elected members of Congress to "go back" to their supposed countries of origin and neither the Senate majority leader nor the House minority leader can bring themselves to condemn it, you know you are dealing with a party that lacks brain, heart, spine, and vital parts further south.
B.A. Bearacus
Anytime someone considers saying "he's better than this" they should pause because he's not.

B.A. Bearacus
Everyone saying that others are playing chess while T is playing checkers. Enough -- checkers is too advanced a game to describe what T is doing. T is playing that game where he watches a grownup do a simple magic trick and asks them repeatedly to do it again. Kim has a vision to continue being a cruel dictator and the US president says that he has "a great and beautiful vision for his country." Dude can go to hell.

chazzed
C'mon, we don't want the idiot in chief to offend his new soulmate. I agree that we should just trust the murderous dictator to do the right thing, in the end.
B.A. Bearacus
Ok now, let's begin.

B.A. Bearacus
Republican from IL commenting on the president rejoicing that a felony was committed against Congressman Cummings:

Another Bear

B.A. Bearacus
I'm probably in the top 15 of people on here who hate T (ConcordTom, then 14 tied for 2nd), but I disagree that's what T is doing here. It will surprise no one, however, if/when he actually does do that gesture in public.
First Page Last Page
Page 98 of 135

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.