White House has settled in

680,262 Views | 4703 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by cbbass1
BearDevil
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Another Bear said:

Trump has started the search immediately. He called up Elite Models looking for a 20-something chick to be White House Communication Director. He made three requests: not so smart, hot, potentially bangable. They said they'll get back to him.

You greatly underestimate how difficult it is to Iron an Oompa Loompa's pants while they're still wearing them. Mad skillz.
iwantwinners
oski003 said:

It's odd that nobody has turned on Trump despite the ongoing investigations, and the fact so many think he is so obviously guilty.
It's "odd" to you? Really? When were you born?
oski003
iwantwinners
oski003 said:

did anybody turn on Obama? Bush Jr.? Clinton (Ok maybe after Lewinsky some did)? Bush Sr? Reagan for raising taxes like 78 times? I mean come on. Why would you? Why would a party turn on its own in public and give away free political equity to their enemies?
bearister
This is Beauregard's and Rosenstein's way of signaling that they have it on good information that the reign of the tRump Crime Family is in its death throes:

https://www.axios.com/scoop-jeff-sessions-dines-with-rod-rosenstein-1519865511-4afe726b-6642-4ca5-8ebf-e9f0600df79b.html

With Hope splitting, Jared losing security clearance, Mueller focusing on tRump now, etc, there are just too many leaks in the dike to plug. It is about to burst baby. Critical mass is shortly upon us.

At this point Pence, Kelly and Mattis are probably running a shadow government with the support of the military and the intelligence agencies. The cast and crew of The Apprentice will be allowed to be the figurehead government until Mueller can finish up and then in short order indictments, impeachment, trials, and incarcerations and, if applicable, executions pursuant to the treason statute. The Republic will be saved.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
BearChemist
iwantwinners said:

bearister said:

Ivanka and Huckabee are not competent to host a Tupperware party much less try to pass themselves as diplomats on the international stage at the Olympics. It is mortifying to see a great country like America shamed and humiliated like this.
You should feel ashamed, the Trump presidency is a product of the Left. But then again, if that's mortifying, you have bigger problems than a Trump presidency, let alone any concern about the First Lady and a politician passing themselves as diplomats at the Olympics.

And Michele Obama disagrees with you that America is a great country. She never felt proud to be an American until, like, 5 years ago or something...
Still waiting for your insights. Is Jared the de facto POTUS or Trump sleeps with......??
BearDevil
With Hope Hicks resigning, Dan Scavino, Trump's social media lackey and Javanka are the only people left from Trump's original campaign team. Miller, Kellyanne, and Huckabee joined later.

Scavino ran one of Trump's golf clubs. Trump wants his private pilot to run the FAA!?! Despite his promise to hire only the best people, Trump never had access to top tier talent, so he's had to turn to cronies and family. Most of them have already been fired or left. Scary who the next wave of Trump fkunkies will be.
B.A. Bearacus
BearDevil said:

Scavino ran one of Trump's golf clubs. Trump wants his private pilot to run the FAA!?! Despite his promise to hire only the best people, Trump never had access to top tier talent, so he's had to turn to cronies and family. Most of them have already been fired or left. Scary who the next wave of Trump fkunkies will be.

In many cases he is going for loyalty or the prospects thereof above all else, and by else I mean intelligence, experience, capability. Give someone an amazing job they didn't really earn? That's gonna be someone who will have reason to be awfully loyal to you!

Other nice-to-haves for Trump:
- They don't make him feel stupid for his lack of knowledge and capacity to learn.
- They don't make him feel like a crook for doing and having done things against the law to enrich himself.

So I guess Jared gets a crack now at fixing our prison system?
bearister
B.A. Bearacus said:

...So I guess Jared gets a crack now at fixing our prison system?

For some reason his first priority is to establish a zero tolerance for prisoner on prisoner rape ASAP. For some reason he is focusing on Attica, Sing Sing, and Leavenworth.
blungld
iwantwinners said:

oski003 said:

did anybody turn on Obama? Bush Jr.? Clinton (Ok maybe after Lewinsky some did)? Bush Sr? Reagan for raising taxes like 78 times? I mean come on. Why would you? Why would a party turn on its own in public and give away free political equity to their enemies?
There is an ocean's gap between policy issues that one might disagree with and hand's dirty politics, and this complete breakdown of our system of government; criminal nepotism and grift; and aiding and abetting foreign powers against our country through direct and/or indirect action. These are high crimes of treason--there is no equivalency. If you aren't outraged, then you're part of a very serious problem.

And before this becomes more partisan--both parties need to be held accountable and until money is removed from the political system then the needle will only move slightly more to justice with Democrats in charge. I don't know how you get power brokers to relinquish the ability to purchase policy unless all the misguided outrage on both sides gets directed at the real enemy: corruption. We need publicly funded elections, shortened election campaigns, serious caps on individual contributions, no contributions by organizations, a cap on total spending by a campaign, independent drawing of voting districts (no gerrymandering), and IMMEDIATE jail time for accepting money/gifts/favor while in office or deferred compensation after office. We need a return to public service by well-meaning people--not governance by sharks and elites doing the bidding of corporations and moneyed interest.

Liberals and Conservatives can surely agree with this and make this job number one. If you're not in favor with the above then you fundamentally don't believe in the true democratic ideals of America and are afraid that you will lose a voice/policy if you can't cheat the system to get it.

Most of us adhere to the principle of separation Church and State. It is time to move on a principle of separation of Lobby and State (a catchy turn of phrase needs to be coined: Purchase and State?).
dajo9
iwantwinners said:

oski003 said:

Lots of Republicans turned on Bush Sr for raising taxes

What I remember from the Bush Jr years is that toward the end people wouldn't admit to having ever supported him. It was like the 62 million votes he got were all from ghosts. I suspect that will be what happens to Trump as well. At the end, Republicans will say they "never really supported him, he was just better than Hillary, and he was a Democrat anyway - don't vote for Democrats because Trump"
iwantwinners
dajo9 said:

iwantwinners said:

oski003 said:

Lots of Republicans turned on Bush Sr for raising taxes

What I remember from the Bush Jr years is that toward the end people wouldn't admit to having ever supported him. It was like the 62 million votes he got were all from ghosts. I suspect that will be what happens to Trump as well. At the end, Republicans will say they "never really supported him, he was just better than Hillary, and he was a Democrat anyway - don't vote for Democrats because Trump"
yeah, after Bush Jr's re-election. They didn't have to worry about re-electing him, they could move on to another Republican by that point.
BearNIt
Can anybody say with 100% certainty that if Russia launched missiles against the U.S. that Trump would authorize an appropriate response?
Unit2Sucks
sycasey said:

As Jane's Addiction said better than I ever could, nothing is shocking but this is pretty good. There are a few odd things here - first why would you put Marge with Bart and Homer? Marge is basically Lisa if Lisa gave up on her principles 99% of the time in favor of family harmony. Okay, maybe that does describe some republican women but it's hardly a glowing endorsement. I can't fathom why any grown man would be proud to compare himself to Bart or Homer. Lisa may not be perfect, but she's intelligent, talented and thoughtful.

I think if we're being honest and limiting ourselves to Simpsons characters, the republican party is 1% Montgomery Burns, and then a mix of Ned Flanders, Cletus, Homer and Marge Simpson. Setting aside people like Ned and Marge, that's not something the republican party should be proud of.
BearDevil
Was surprised when Cohn and Mnuchin didn't both bail after Charlottesville. Trump had to shut down his corporate business council since every public CEO jumped ship over many fine Nazis and Klansmen. Will be extremely awkward when Cohn and Mnuchin move back to NYC and LA and go to Temple.

On the corporate side, they'll also become pariahs if they have to defend Trump's nutty tariffs. The party of Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, and Eisenhower is now unregonizable.
dajo9
BearDevil said:

Was surprised when Cohn and Mnuchin didn't both bail after Charlottesville. Trump had to shut down his corporate business council since every public CEO jumped ship over many fine Nazis and Klansmen. Will be extremely awkward when Cohn and Mnuchin move back to NYC and LA and go to Temple.

On the corporate side, they'll also become pariahs if they have to defend Trump's nutty tariffs. The party of Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, and Eisenhower is now unregonizable.
Teddy Roosevelt was progressive and so out of the mainstream of the Republican Party even back in his day that he left the party
bearister
BearNIt said:

Can anybody say with 100% certainty that if Russia launched missiles against the U.S. that Trump would authorize an appropriate response?

I am sure the generals have given tRump as much power in that area as Reagan had at the end of his term when he had Alzheimer's.
Another Bear
This a good read. Trade wars of course can lead to real wars. It gets to the complete incompetence of Dotard. He doesn't know *** he's doing.

This story about how Trump impulsively launched a trade war is shocking and shockingly unsurprising
[url=https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2018/03/02/this-story-about-how-trump-impulsively-launched-a-trade-war-is-shocking-and-shockingly-unsurprising/?utm_term=.396d9f27ab5e][/url]
BearNIt
Another Bear said:

This a good read. Trade wars of course can lead to real wars. It gets to the complete incompetence of Dotard. He doesn't know *** he's doing.

This story about how Trump impulsively launched a trade war is shocking and shockingly unsurprising
[url=https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2018/03/02/this-story-about-how-trump-impulsively-launched-a-trade-war-is-shocking-and-shockingly-unsurprising/?utm_term=.396d9f27ab5e][/url]
Apparently the Tariff talk has the ability to do away with the tax savings that the middle class just got, and the specter of a recession was made more probable. Our allies are loving the crap out of the Head Cheeto.
Another Bear
Jesus H. Christ...have you heard the latest on the tariff sh * t storm?

Quote:

Carl Icahn sold $31.3m of shares in a company dependent on steel imports days before the commerce department mooted stiff tariffs on imports

Ex-Trump adviser sold $31m in shares days before president announced steel tariffs
Another Bear
This reads a bit like the last days in the Nixon Admin but with dumber, meaner people.

'Pure madness': Dark days inside the White House as Trump shocks and rages
bearister
Another Bear said:

This reads a bit like the last days in the Nixon Admin but with dumber, meaner people.

'Pure madness': Dark days inside the White House as Trump shocks and rages

John Oliver calls it Stupid Watergate.
okaydo

Unit2Sucks
LOL at Trump being president for life. Keep your head down Donald and you have a pretty good chance of making it to the midterm elections before your wings are clipped. Republicans may have been dumb enough to choose him and elect him, but even they aren't dumb enough to want to give him that power, let alone be able to amend the constitution to enable it.
bearister
He is going to get life, but not in the White House.
mikecohen
bearister said:

Dumb as it is, I couldn't resist saying it: In the big house
B.A. Bearacus
mikecohen said:

bearister said:

Will he write a book from prison? By write I mean have someone write it for him because he's probably not capable of writing five pages on his own. He better hope there's a good editor also in jail who can create order from his ramblings without the use of a recorder.

We can all daydream.
Another Bear
I'm happy with how California Democratic House members have stepped up to challenge the Dotard. Adam Schiff, Eric Sawell and Ted Lieu have done great jobs back-trolling the Cheeto head, and keeping the laser pointer at the target. Schiff looks like he's half asleep but he's a great tactician who aims to corner his prey. Lieu has master the bounce back tweet to Dotard.

But sometimes it takes an old schooler to connect the fun and twist the blade just a bit:

Maxine Waters: Stormy Daniels should give her interpretation of Trump's mental health
bearister
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/04/opinion/trump-king-of-chaos.html
bearister
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/mar/06/nepotism-corruption-handmaiden-trump-presidency?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
blungld
B.A. Bearacus said:

mikecohen said:

bearister said:

Will he write a book from prison? By write I mean have someone write it for him because he's probably not capable of writing five pages on his own. He better hope there's a good editor also in jail who can create order from his ramblings without the use of a recorder.
I know a writer who spent many months with him and says he was the most insufferable person he ever had to interview and work with. No real deep thoughts of his own. Impatient. Self-centered and with literally no attention span. Treats people around him like crap. A full blown dick that we elected to lead our country after one of the brightest, classiest, and most erudite Presidents ever. His supporters accuse Obama (Liberals) of being out of touch with Red Staters, but have no problem with Red Staters themselves being out of touch with good judgement and human decency. It boggles the mind.
Unit2Sucks
And lest we forget the same people who complain about minor and/or debunked scandals like cattle futures, whitewater, uranium one, etc. have absolutely no issue with the level of corruption that has already been exposed just one year into Trump's regime. Not a peep about Flynn and the attempted Gulen extradition or Kushner and Ivanka attempting to profit from their administrative posts, let alone Trump himself funneling money into his properties.

On the one hand you have extreme outrage about five figure controversies and yet utter silence regarding nine figure ones. At least I can honestly say one thing: I'm not surprised by any of it. Not the corruption or the absence of reaction by conservatives.
blungld
It's because Truth isn't the point. Actual opinion, values, or ethics are not the point. It's just tribalism. They want the world to look and behave like them in familiar and understandable ways. And they want those things in the world that they do not understand to go away and to "lose".

Issues are simply the excuse to rage against a world they do not understand in a futile effort to go back in time. Lock her up is just a fun way to say, let's keep this a man's world. Build a wall is just a fun way of saying let's keep this a white world. And so on. Has nothing to do with actual facts or prudent policy.

In my life this is broadly true of the people I've met: Liberals are interested in learning about things different than themselves, and look to be challenged by life's experiences. Conservatives are interested in those things that are different learning to be like themselves, and look to be comforted by life's experiences.
Unit2Sucks
blungld said:

In my life this is broadly true of the people I've met: Liberals are interested in learning about things different than themselves, and look to be challenged by life's experiences. Conservatives are interested in those things that are different learning to be like themselves, and look to be comforted by life's experiences.

True story: I recently spoke to a conservative couple I know who is more or less obsessed with Disney (season passes to Disneyland, etc.) and who love Disney movies generally but said they didn't like the movie Coco. They specifically said that they couldn't really understand the culture in Coco because it was so different from theirs. And these are people who are actually quite familiar with Dia de los Muertos and have been to Mexico (and otherwise have pretty much never traveled outside the US). I would venture they are more familiar with Mexican culture than the average American (and I would concede more familiar than I am). They've never been to Scandinavia but had no trouble connecting with the Kingdom of Arendelle. Similarly they had no issues with Beauty and the Beast, Anastasia, Brave or any other number of Disney movies that were based on cultures quite different than the one they reside in, but apparently Coco was just too difficult conceptually for them to grasp. Their 4 year old granddaughter loved it however.
sycasey
Unit2Sucks said:

blungld said:

True story: I recently spoke to a conservative couple I know who is more or less obsessed with Disney (season passes to Disneyland, etc.) and who love Disney movies generally but said they didn't like the movie Coco. They specifically said that they couldn't really understand the culture in Coco because it was so different from theirs. And these are people who are actually quite familiar with Dia de los Muertos and have been to Mexico (and otherwise have pretty much never traveled outside the US). I would venture they are more familiar with Mexican culture than the average American (and I would concede more familiar than I am). They've never been to Scandinavia but had no trouble connecting with the Kingdom of Arendelle. Similarly they had no issues with Beauty and the Beast, Anastasia, Brave or any other number of Disney movies that were based on cultures quite different than the one they reside in, but apparently Coco was just too difficult conceptually for them to grasp. Their 4 year old granddaughter loved it however.
The movie completely holds your hand through all the conceptual ideas of Dia de los Muertos too. Anyone who can't understand it (and is older than 5) is probably being willfully dense.
First Page Last Page
Page 15 of 135

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.