White House has settled in

678,080 Views | 4703 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by cbbass1
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"Trump says he knows 'nothing' about Air Force crews staying at his Turnberry resort" CNN

Who knew tRump was a Hogan's Heroes fan?

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
B.A. Bearacus
T cost us a significant and probably irreplaceable intelligence asset.

calbearinamaze
bearister said:

"Trump says he knows 'nothing' about Air Force crews staying at his Turnberry resort" CNN

He carries a photo of Bob Crane around for inspiration.
If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there's a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they've got a hell of a band
bearister
B.A. Bearacus said:

T cost us a significant and probably irreplaceable intelligence asset.

In light of what this "asset" probably knows about the nature of the Putin/tRump relationship, he isn't going to fare any better than Jeffrey Epstein.
Another Bear
If that's the case, the CIA and FBI definitely aren't giving Trump any real info. Frankly that's remarkable, withholding info from a sitting POTUS but really they have no choice.
bearister
BEARUPINDC said:

bearister said:

Before or after Crane's run in with that camera tripod?
calbearinamaze
bearister said:

BEARUPINDC said:

bearister said:

Before or after Crane's run in with that camera tripod?
During.
oski003
C.I.A. officials worried about safety made the arduous decision in late 2016 to offer to extract the source from Russia. The situation grew more tense when the informant at first refused, citing family concerns prompting consternation at C.I.A. headquarters and sowing doubts among some American counterintelligence officials about the informant's trustworthiness. But the C.I.A. pressed again months later after more media inquiries. This time, the informant agreed.

The move brought to an end the career of one of the C.I.A.'s most important sources. It also effectively blinded American intelligence officials to the view from inside Russia as they sought clues about Kremlin interference in the 2018 midterm elections and next year's presidential contest.

CNN first reported the 2017 extraction on Monday. Other details including the source's history with the agency, the initial 2016 exfiltration offer and the cascade of doubts set off by the informant's subsequent refusal have not been previously reported. This article is based on interviews in recent months with current and former officials who spoke on the condition that their names not be used discussing classified information.

Even though the review passed muster, the source's rejection of the C.I.A.'s initial offer of exfiltration prompted doubts among some counterintelligence officials. They wondered whether the informant had been turned and had become a double agent, secretly betraying his American handlers. That would almost certainly mean that some of the information the informant provided about the Russian interference campaign or Mr. Putin's intentions would have been inaccurate.

Some operatives had other reasons to suspect the source could be a double agent, according to two former officials, but they declined to explain further.

The decision to extract the informant was driven "in part" because of concerns that Mr. Trump and his administration had mishandled delicate intelligence, CNN reported. But former intelligence officials said there was no public evidence that Mr. Trump directly endangered the source, and other current American officials insisted that media scrutiny of the agency's sources alone was the impetus for the extraction.

Mr. Trump was first briefed on the intelligence about Russian interference, including material from the prized informant, two weeks before his inauguration. A C.I.A. spokeswoman responding to the CNN report called the assertion that Mr. Trump's handling of intelligence drove the reported extraction "misguided speculation."

The news reporting in the spring and summer of 2017 convinced United States government officials that they had to update and revive their extraction plan, according to people familiar the matter.

The extraction ensured the informant was in a safer position and rewarded for a long career in service to the United States. But it came at a great cost: It left the C.I.A. struggling to understand what was going on inside the highest ranks of the Kremlin. -NYT
B.A. Bearacus
You should always attribute quotes or excerpted text.
oski003
Google was created on September 15, 1997. Try it.
B.A. Bearacus
oski003 said:

That is a straight-up bad citizen of an online community thing to say. Sure, I was able to attribute your quote by googling, but why would you choose to make each individual google this instead of just doing it the right way? You also force people to start reading the text without knowing what they are reading (is this you writing this, is this an excerpt?).
oski003
It was a straight-up bad citizen of an online community thing to say...

Freshman mistake not attributing quotes or text. You deserved the retort. Anyway, it it NYT.
oski003
B.A. Bearacus said:

Your edit is less adversarial.
B.A. Bearacus
T fires John Bolton.

Excerpts from CNN:

President Donald Trump said Tuesday that he has asked national security adviser John Bolton to resign, noting that he "strongly disagreed with many of his suggestions as did others in the administration."

Trump was irked by reports that he had faced internal pushback from Bolton over his decision to host leaders of the Taliban at Camp David, multiple people familiar with his frustration say. The President announced the plans for the meeting were canceled on Saturday.

CNN reported last week that tensions between top figures on Trump's national security team had devolved into all-out hostility, creating a deep disconnect between staffers on the National Security Council, led by Bolton, and the rest of the administration, six people familiar with the matter said.
B.A. Bearacus
oski003 said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

Hey Oski. Agreed that my original retort was unnecessarily snide. I quickly corrected that. Apologies.
Another Bear
B.A. Bearacus said:

oski003 said:

That is a straight-up bad citizen of an online community thing to say. Sure, I was able to attribute your quote by googling, but why would you choose to make each individual google this instead of just doing it the right way? You also force people to start reading the text without knowing what they are reading (is this you writing this, is this an excerpt?).
RWNJs, conservatives and the Trumpkins dislike facts or referencing a source. It's against their religion of lies, deceit and denial. Same as it ever were.
oski003
Thanks, I can be snide too
oski003
Another Bear said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

oski003 said:

RWNJs, conservatives and the Trumpkins dislike facts or referencing a source. It's against their religion of lies, deceit and denial. Same as it ever were.
OMG, sources are like the worst! It is soooooo against my religion. I had to confess after posting text from the New York Times.
bearister
B.A. Bearacus said:

oski003 said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

Hey Oski. Agreed that my original retort was unnecessarily snide. I quickly corrected that. Apologies.

* You didn't think you were going to let that word, which has previously only been used once in history, slide by me unnoticed, did you?
Another Bear

...wingnutz...
Yogi14
oski003 said:

F@uck you.
oski003
Th@ank$ Dude!
Unit2Sucks
Okay okay so Bolton is out. No big deal, next man up. Is it Steve Doocy or is there someone else on Fox who has captured Trump's fancy? Looking forward to season 5 of Trump's National Security Advisor but have also heard that this is just a stop gap until central casting can get the man he really wants which will have to wait until Season 6 in a few weeks or months. Look for someone with a strong chin who can really suck up to Trump on Fox News. Too bad sweeps week is so far away.
bearister
Professor Turgeson Bear said:

oski003 said:

F@uck you.

"I wasn't in a class room, hoping I was right, thinking about it. I was up to my knees in rice paddies, with guns that didn't work! Going in there, looking for Charlie, slugging it out with him; While PU$$IES like you were back here partying, putting headbands on, doing drugs, and listening to the G@ODDAMN BEATLE ALBUMS! OH! OH! OH!"
bearister
Who has left Trump's administration and orbit?

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2017/08/politics/trump-admin-departures-trnd/
B.A. Bearacus
As we commemorate 9/11, let's remember that the current president is the worst American alive.

B.A. Bearacus
Science has nothing on this man's obedience to T.

Another Bear

Getting back to Trump Core Values.
Unit2Sucks
Someone should do a Sharpie meme of Trump helping out at ground zero on 9/11. What a POS.

The bar has been moved so far, that I don't know how anyone will ever be able to criticize the behavior of a POTUS without acknowledging that the behavior is no longer unprecedented. It's hard to imagine anyone doing something bad that Trump hasn't already done.

In a similar vein, someone was telling me about Michelle Obama's book and how much pressure she felt to do all of these first lady duties like picking out china, entertaining, etc. and how she was uninterested in those things but feared criticism. My opinion is that Michelle is the last first lady who has to have those concerns. It would be pretty hard to take anyone seriously if they criticized the first lady or gentleman for deflecting all of that stuff to paid staff. That doesn't mean Fox News and the assorted cronies won't try, but I don't think they will get any traction.
B.A. Bearacus
Republicans: if you're not willing to assault democracy on 9/11 you're not trying.

B.A. Bearacus
Unit2Sucks
B.A. Bearacus said:

Republicans: if you're not willing to assault democracy on 9/11 you're not trying.

North Carolina seems to be winning the race for the worst Republican caucus. Kansas is so bad they can't even win this contest.
sycasey
Unit2Sucks said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

North Carolina seems to be winning the race for the worst Republican caucus. Kansas is so bad they can't even win this contest.
NC really seems to have a uniquely rough-and-tumble political culture, particularly the Republicans. There is zero shame out there.
calbearinamaze
sycasey said:

Unit2Sucks said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

NC really seems to have a uniquely rough-and-tumble political culture, particularly the Republicans. There is zero shame out there.
In-breeding does have its drawbacks.

Unit2Sucks
sycasey said:

Unit2Sucks said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

I think this is most likely a sign of desperation and a last gasp by Republicans before NC turns blue. If it doesn't happen in 2020 it's going to happen in the next one or two cycles after that.
First Page Last Page
Page 108 of 135

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.