Breaking News

978,336 Views | 11764 Replies | Last: 15 min ago by movielover
movielover
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearister
movielover said:

Boer lives didn't matter during the Boer War. British command verbally instructed the officers of the Bushveldt Carbineers to execute Boer guerrilla prisoners in the northern Transvaal, and then later denied giving said order and later tried and executed Australian officers for war crimes for carrying out the orders.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Biden Sucks 3

Biden Sucks 3
Unit2Sucks said:

If anyone cared about the twitter files, they could be considered a hoax. I don't follow the dude but from what I hear Taibbi is having a meltdown because he got smoked for his shoddy "reporting".

Cal88
Early start to winter in Europe.

bear2034
"I taught at the University of Pennsylvania for 4 years and I also taught at the law school." - Joe Biden

In reality, Joe Biden hid stolen classified documents near UPenn.
Cal88
AunBear89
Some morons are challenged by global climate change, so they call it global warming when it is cold and think they've scored points.

Morons and the morons who post their tweets.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
movielover
Some self-proclaimed Global Warmists previously peddled Global Cooling.

Some also believed the Ozone Hole would fry us, before Y2K would reek havoc.
AunBear89
Yup. Everything is a hoax

Do you pick cherries for a living, or only when your argument is weak and you need to pretend you have evidence?
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
bear2034
Even the Pac-12 conference dissolved due to climate change.
bearister
"The long-lamented hole in the ozone layer is slowly mending itself, thanks to the success of an international agreement that banned chemicals that eat away at it, according to a new report from the United Nations (U.N.)."

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/hole-in-ozone-layer-on-track-to-mend-itself-over-antarctica-by-2066-180981421/
Unit2Sucks
bearister said:

"The long-lamented hole in the ozone layer is slowly mending itself, thanks to the success of an international agreement that banned chemicals that eat away at it, according to a new report from the United Nations (U.N.)."

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/hole-in-ozone-layer-on-track-to-mend-itself-over-antarctica-by-2066-180981421/

The worldwide effort in the 80's/90's was a tremendous proof point that with collective and concerted effort, we can impact climate change. We saw something similar with smog from cars, led by California. Most people here remember how bad SMOG used to be but to kids these days, like the ozone hole, it's ancient history.

I laugh when I see people essentially claim that any time you solve a problem it means the problem never existed in the first place. Imagine having a bullet proof vest stop a bullet and then claiming you didn't need the vest in the first place because you didn't die from the bullet. That's the level of argument we are talking about with these people and you see it time and time again. It happens with healthcare (vaccines, therapeutics, etc.), it happens with natural disasters (storm preparation), and on and on.

The human race is capable of minimizing the damage we due to our planet but unfortunately we have to grapple with malign influences who either don't understand what's going on or are working against the greater good for one reason or another.
Cal88
^ What we've learned in the recent crises is that a large proportion of the human race is not capable of processing information and facts that go against their fundamental belief system.
movielover
See Covid and vaxx hysteria.

The ozone hole is an interesting phenomenon. How do we know this isn't a naturally occurring event? Same for Global Warming / Cooling.
bear2034

John Fetterman keeps racking up wins.
dajo9
The Senate is completely useless but the people of New Jersey will get rid of Menendez.
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
sycasey
No argument, Menendez should go.
AunBear89
Yeah, even Yogi Zombie Sock Puppet, just off a one year ban, by the looks of it, is right once in a decade.

Blind squirrel. Nut.
bear2034
I hope Menendez stays just to show how lame the Republicans in Congress are.
Biden Sucks 4
Unit2Sucks said:

James Lindsay lol. Sounds like a host on antique roadshow.

I have trouble keeping all of these bigots apart. It looks like the dude is a conspiracy theorist who makes a living as a white grievance mercenary by pushing idiotic theories like cultural marxism. So I guess he gets bonus points for anti-semitism on that one.

I suppose he's found a captive audience if he can convince people that DEI is "poisonous made up jargon" while pushing the ridiculous and idiotic "cultural marxism".

movielover
I guess Santa can skip Canada this year.

Biden Sucks 5

bearister
Seven years ago today, Klay Thompson had just about the most efficient night imaginable in the Warriors' 142-106 route of the Pacers,

60 points

29 minutes

11 dribbles

-Yahoo Sports AM

movielover
movielover
bearister
movielover said:

Cute political opinion cartoon, now back to reality:

You can't say Donald Trump didn't warn us.

"Trump and his think tank loyalists are collecting the ingredients and refining the recipe for an authoritarian regime should he win the 2024 presidential election.

1. Trump plans on the first day of his new administration to invoke the Insurrection Act so he can dispatch the military to counter any demonstrations that might resist his policies;

2. Trump intends to turbo-politicize the Department of Justice and order prosecutions of his former aides and officials who have criticized him (former chief of staff John F. Kelly, former attorney general William Barr, his ex-attorney Ty Cobb, and former Joint Chiefs of Staff Chair Mark A. Milley, FBI Director James Comey, former special counsel Robert Mueller, Steele dossier author Christopher Steele, Bill and Hillary Clinton, former national security adviser John Bolton President Biden and family);*

4. Leading Trump's Insurrection Act initiative is Jeffrey Clark, a Trump-era Department of Justice official currently being prosecuted for his part in an alleged scheme to overturn Georgia's 2020 election results. According to the Post piece, Trump intends to leaven the entire federal bureaucracy with appointees like Clark who are willing to do his bidding."

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2023/11/07/trump-power-grab-00125767

*tRump's plans to prosecute his enemies, at present, will fail because of the jury system. Since his enemies have not committed crimes, unlike Republican defendants, they won't plead guilty or be convicted at trial. They will most likely be acquitted, or in the worst case scenario, a hung jury. Therefore, to implement his plan, tRump will have to eliminate trial by jury and appoint tribunals loyal to him.

oski003
bearister said:

movielover said:

Cute political opinion cartoon, now back to reality:

You can't say Donald Trump didn't warn us.

"Trump and his think tank loyalists are collecting the ingredients and refining the recipe for an authoritarian regime should he win the 2024 presidential election.

1. Trump plans on the first day of his new administration to invoke the Insurrection Act so he can dispatch the military to counter any demonstrations that might resist his policies;

2. Trump intends to turbo-politicize the Department of Justice and order prosecutions of his former aides and officials who have criticized him (former chief of staff John F. Kelly, former attorney general William Barr, his ex-attorney Ty Cobb, and former Joint Chiefs of Staff Chair Mark A. Milley, FBI Director James Comey, former special counsel Robert Mueller, Steele dossier author Christopher Steele, Bill and Hillary Clinton, former national security adviser John Bolton President Biden and family);*

4. Leading Trump's Insurrection Act initiative is Jeffrey Clark, a Trump-era Department of Justice official currently being prosecuted for his part in an alleged scheme to overturn Georgia's 2020 election results. According to the Post piece, Trump intends to leaven the entire federal bureaucracy with appointees like Clark who are willing to do his bidding."

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2023/11/07/trump-power-grab-00125767

*tRump's plans to prosecute his enemies, at present, will fail because of the jury system. Since his enemies have not committed crimes, unlike Republican defendants, they won't plead guilty or be convicted at trial. They will most likely be acquitted, or in the worst case scenario, a hung jury. Therefore to implement his plan, tRump will have to eliminate trial by jury and appoint tribunals loyal to him.

I am going to prepare myself for this by watching Star Wars 1-3.
movielover
Paul Sperry: BREAKING: Hunter Biden made direct monthly payments in the 1,000s to Joe Biden through a shell company, Owasco PC, the Chinese used to wire payments & the same firm the IRS/DOJ investigated for tax evasion,according to newly subpoenaed bank records obtained by impeachment probers
bear2034
Joe might forget to pardon Hunter.
Eastern Oregon Bear
bear2034 said:

Joe might forget to pardon Hunter.
I could bring up the 116 people Trump pardoned in January 2021, but I'm kind of busy right now.
bearister
movielover said:

Paul Sperry: BREAKING: Hunter Biden made direct monthly payments in the 1,000s to Joe Biden through a shell company, Owasco PC, the Chinese used to wire payments & the same firm the IRS/DOJ investigated for tax evasion,according to newly subpoenaed bank records obtained by impeachment probers

Well, you guys can do us a real favor by creating a big enough scandal so that Joe announces a la LBJ, " I shall not seek, and I will not accept, the nomination of my party for another term as your president."

We will then get Gav-a-nator in there to Thump tRump in '24, and the Deplorables can have kittens and be treated for GDS when the G Man is sworn in as POTUS.

Unit2Sucks
bearister said:

Well, you guys can do us a real favor by creating a big enough scandal so that Joe announces a la LBJ, " I shall not seek, and I will not accept, the nomination of my party for another term as your president."

We will then get Gav-a-nator in there to Thump tRump in '24, and the Deplorables can have kittens and be treated for GDS when the G Man is sworn in as POTUS.

This just speaks to the level of GOP desperation. They keep trotting out rehashed years' old stories with BREAKING NEWS or ALARM headlines hoping that it will somehow convince enough maroons that there is actual wrongdoing.

This strategy started well before November 2020 because a few of the more clued in realized Trump never had a shot against Biden. Hilariously, it took most conservatives by surprise - if you want a good laugh you can see their ridiculous predictions in the 2020 election thread.

Despite all of their shenanigans and dirty tricks, they weren't even close to moving the needle far enough for Trump to have a shot at winning. His fluke win in 2016 was the perfect storm for the GOP but they won't catch democrats sleeping again so soon. Biden won in 2020 by 7m votes so Trump has quite an uphill battle.

The GOP has got to do a lot more cheating than just weaponizing congress to investigate Joe's family nonstop. All that's done is turn Hunter into a folk hero among loser GOP men and GOP congress people who are apparently obsessed enough with his hog to parade it about in public hearings.

As David Frum said, "If conservatives become convinced that they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will reject democracy." That's where we are right now.

bearister
"His fluke win in 2016."

No fluke. Rigged election. 2020 was rigged too but tRump underestimated the number of votes he needed to win. In 2024 he will get more "votes" than there are voters.
bear2034

no evidence = there's a huge pile of evidence
conspiracy theory = the stone cold truth
baseless claims = legitimate concerns
election denier = reasonably suspects 2020 election fraud
election denier fringe = majority (62%) of all likely voters
First Page Last Page
Page 251 of 337

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.