Breaking News

999,713 Views | 11818 Replies | Last: 37 min ago by bear2034
B.A. Bearacus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearister
Musk now third richest in world.

Why do I find that disconcerting?

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
smh
bearister said:

TZ starring Bill Mumy as Jeffrey..
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0734580/fullcredits

BM on imdb..
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0612621

> danger, danger Will Robinson

concordtom
MCCONNELL MET WITH GRASSLEY THE DAY BEFORE GRASSLEY ANNOUNCED HE WAS IN QUARANTINE. IT HAS NOW COME OUT THAT GRASSLEY, 87, IOWA, HAS TESTED POSITIVE.

(The Governor of Kentucky is a Democrat.)

concordtom
Grassley also attended a meeting with Senate Republican leadership on Monday, which includes Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell. And he was seen on the Senate floor patting the back of U.S. Sen. Joe Manchin of West Virginia. Both senators were wearing masks.

It was not immediately clear whether any others senators might quarantine as a result of Grassley's diagnosis.
concordtom
It can take 5 days from exposure to illness.
McConnell should immediately place himself in quarantine and wait - and pray.

If we don't have a McConnell Positive test by Saturday, I suppose he's in the clear.
But, it wouldn't be surprising at all to have some more from that meeting test positive in the next few days.
bearister
tRump will have this televangelist say an incantation in tongues for Mitch.

concordtom
Good!
We know how that often turns out!

Yes, I too am praying!
Go, Mitch, Go!!

bearister
He looks like he is starting to ripen.
concordtom
Oh, Snap!
Zoom in and look at Mitch's lower teeth. He's got some lunch in there.
If you are a public figure, you should carry a little toothbrush with you and use it often each day.
hahaha

But I posted that to show his bruising is not only on his hands but on his face. I bet he's on thinners and has heart congestion issues. That's a big comorbidity factor, you know. Along with his age. Along with his being a bad guy.
concordtom
ha ha ha ha...

I usually don't laugh at other people's demise. Truly, I don't.

But maybe Lindsay Graham can go visit him at the Grassley home to get some more strategy down pat!
okaydo
smh
warning: nypost catholic content ahead..
https://nypost.com/2020/11/18/vatican-probing-pope-francis-instagram-liking-natalia-garibotto-photo

sycasey
okaydo said:

Coolest Pope ever.
bearister
I agree, but it does bring to mind an old Sam Kinison bit.
FuzzyWuzzy
concordtom said:

Oh, Snap!
If you are a public figure, you should carry a little toothbrush with you and use it often each day.
hahaha

But I posted that to show his bruising is not only on his hands but on his face. I bet he's on thinners and has heart congestion issues. That's a big comorbidity factor, you know. Along with his age. Along with his being a bad guy.

He looks terrible. Any medical professionals here care to be professionally irresponsible and weigh in?
FuzzyWuzzy
FuzzyWuzzy said:

concordtom said:

Oh, Snap!
hahaha

He looks terrible. Any medical professionals here care to be professionally irresponsible and weigh in?
It is, after all, a matter of great public importance. Anyone who chooses to become a national politician understands they give up a degree of privacy.
bearister
This should make tRump throw a clot the size of an apple fritter:

"President Obama's "A Promised Land" (list price: $45) sold nearly 890,000 copies in the U.S. and Canada in its first 24 hours, putting it on track to be the best selling presidential memoir in modern history, AP's Hillel Italie writes." Axios

Photo: Charles Guerin/Abaca Press via Reuters
AunBear89
Here's an early look at the first draft of Trump's memoir:

I think it's a self portrait...
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
BearChemist
I'm sorry, Lara who?

bearister
The next generation of the tRump Crime Family all have to look South for political careers where the people are unsophisticated enough to view the tRumps' lack of refinement, idiocy and plastic looks as class, intelligence and beauty.

"Never give a sucker an even break."
bearister
" Twitter is a mass-reality-distortion field for liberals and reporters. The group-think and liberal high-fiving was as bad as ever and continues to be a massive trap and distraction for journalists.

Facebook is a mass-reality-distortion field for conservatives. Look at the content pages that get the most daily interaction (shares, likes, etc.) and it's all right-wing catnip. It's not all fake or conspiratorial, but a lot of it sure is. This is a huge problem."

Blunt 2020 lessons for media, America - Axios

https://www.axios.com/2020-lessons-media-america-b6b6c184-ea46-4fc5-a6dd-0f5ad3dda082.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter_axiosam&stream=top

concordtom
bearister said:

"President Obama's "A Promised Land" (list price: $45) sold nearly 890,000 copies in the U.S. and Canada in its first 24 hours, putting it on track to be the best selling presidential memoir in modern history, AP's Hillel Italie writes." Axios

Quote:

Rumor has it he's going to buy Trump's properties after he declares bankruptcy.

• Trump Tower will be turned into a low-income apartment complex.
  • Mar a Lago will become a hospital for the poor.
  • Doral will be turned into a public links course.
  • The golf course in Scotland will be returned to natural habitat.
  • The golf course in Bedminster, NJ will be turned into a white collar crime farm. Wall Street types and the
  • Trump family members will serve their time there, but there will be a moat with crocodiles surrounding each cell, and they can only watch the golf course grow fallow.
  • In Washington DC, Trump International Hotel, also known as Old Post Office Building, will be renamed as the Trump Crime Museum, placing it to the top of the the list of "must see" in DC.
  • Finally, every other piece of property will his name or association with is going to be renamed and reused for other purposes - except there will be a little office where you can get your "I hate Trump Tourism Passport" stamped. If you collect every location stamp, you get to show off your traveling prowess to your friends. Display it on the wall with a map - it's a great conversation starter at cocktail parties, with topics ranging from "Can you believe he said/did that?" to "Now, tell me again, how he schemed his way into owning THIS property?" to "how did you find the location in Bangkok - I thought they outright blew it up?" ---"No, that was only a rumor, you see...." Passport completion will also qualify you for free mailing of the Trump Trivia Board Game. You're guests are sure to leave your party in rolling tears of laughter at the buffoon.
concordtom
AunBear89 said:

Here's an early look at the first draft of Trump's memoir:

I think it's a self portrait...
Actually, that's the final draft.
Nobody would agree to ghost write for him this time, so he told the publishing company to stick it, and pay the agreed upon fee.

Trump was quoted as saying, "What do I care about my brand anymore. It's shot. But I want the money, and I'm taking it with me, goddammit!"
sonofabear51
Hilarious!! LOL
bearister
I was just reading the Irish Sporting Green and stumbled on the obit of this Sturdy Golden Bear. R.I.P., Sir, and thank you for your distinguished service to both country and Cal.

William Thurlow Obituary (1941 - 2020) - Marin Independent Journal

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/marinij/obituary.aspx?n=william-thurlow&pid=197132405
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.legacy.com/obituaries/marinij/obituary.aspx%3fn=william-thurlow&pid=197132405
smh
thanks B..
> The former Cal yell leader [William Thurlow, 79] was an enthusiastic Bear fan and enjoyed many road trips with fellow alums. Willie also served on the Bear Backer Council and as President of the Golden Bear Club.

ps: after hours and hours on cybears amazed ya reads Obits too

bearister
" ..after hours and hours on cybears.."

Only on the hirsute site.

smh
bearister said:

Only on the hirsute site.
Flashing back to 2002's women's pac basketball tournament, a first timer in Eugene. The locals were tolerant of Cal gear, didn't rain, caught a distant view of huuge football facilities across the Willamette River, a brief pilgrimage to the cafeteria where Animal House's Zit scene was filmed, high schooler campus tour [anon "Don't Come Here" advice yelled from dorm's top floor],,,

But never mind all that, flash forward to brown bagging on the grass across the street from the Pit. Uh-oh, i'm disrespecting a cemetery, of the historic / pioneer variety..
https://www.eugenepioneercemetery.org
https://www.eugeneweekly.com/2019/10/31/up-in-the-air
https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1s0x54c11e39dc53a421%3A0x2bee86ae548afbe0!3m1!7e115!4shttps%3A%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipP8-rnftXWqmTNPn9BfaKHMUjgWxvlp9TlFCb77%3Dw212-h320-k-no!5seugene%20pioneer%20cemetery%20-%20Google%20Search!15sCgIgAQ&imagekey=!1e10!2sAF1QipOKcIubKy5gh2GKTmJnO7ySUIbfDrq7hh8BOZVA&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjyoKLElJLtAhVpFTQIHZkXALEQoiowbXoECC4QAw
okaydo

concordtom
OMG. Don't they know that hamburgers will kill them?
concordtom
bearister said:

I was just reading the Irish Sporting Green and stumbled on the obit of this Sturdy Golden Bear. R.I.P., Sir, and thank you for your distinguished service to both country and Cal.

William Thurlow Obituary (1941 - 2020) - Marin Independent Journal

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/marinij/obituary.aspx?n=william-thurlow&pid=197132405
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.legacy.com/obituaries/marinij/obituary.aspx%3fn=william-thurlow&pid=197132405
Wow, I went to high school with his daughter. :-(
Anarchistbear
Superspreader event.
bearister
Anarchistbear said:

Superspreader event.

..for Mad Cow's Disease
Anarchistbear
This is the proletariat version of the French Laundry Dinner
First Page Last Page
Page 55 of 338

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.