Breaking News

998,791 Views | 11803 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by Big C
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
okaydo said:

LOL.
The guy saw she was filming and thought he'd drop that. Pretty funny.
LOLOLOLOL
bearister

*I saw Tommie Smith, John Carlos and Lee Evans compete for SJS at Edwards when I was a kid
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
smh
bearister said:

I saw Tommie Smith, John Carlos and Lee Evans compete for SJS at Edwards when I was a kid
niice. best we got was decades ago catching OJ (accompanied a pretty blond lady) when he was doing network coverage of a track exhibition at san jose city college. parking was tough.

oh, and another young lady literally zipping around Edwards as part of some kind of oly connected early-summer 80s meet. wanna claim Mary Decker, unconfirmed.
bearister
Ivanka Trump focuses on criminal justice reform as part of reemergence plan - Axios

https://www.axios.com/ivanka-trump-pardon-criminal-justice-2fcedf11-ead2-40f4-bee3-6a54292ff10b.html

*It would be hysterical, if after genuflecting at the altar of tRump, Little Marco lost his career to the Synthetically Created She Demon.

concordtom
Best commercial I can recall seeing in a long time. I may have only had 1/4 of one Guinness in my life, but after this I would be happy to drink one. Made me thirsty.

concordtom
bearister said:

Ivanka Trump focuses on criminal justice reform as part of reemergence plan - Axios

https://www.axios.com/ivanka-trump-pardon-criminal-justice-2fcedf11-ead2-40f4-bee3-6a54292ff10b.html

*It would be hysterical, if after genuflecting at the altar of tRump, Little Marco lost his career to the Synthetically Created She Demon.

That'd be as much fun as watching Kevin McCarthy trying to navigate his current troubles. Laughable and outrageous at the same time and all the way around.
concordtom
bearister said:

My cousin has been featured on the Wheaties box! No kidding!
smh
concordtom said:

> My cousin has been featured on the Wheaties box! No kidding!
oh?
concordtom
JUST LISTEN TO THE RECORDING OF HOW THE SHOW OPENED.
FARSICAL FOR RUDY.

Rudy Giuliani got in a lather on his talk radio show Thursday when the station aired a lengthy disclaimer before his program.

"The views, assumptions and opinions expressed by" former President Donald Trump's personal attorney and "his guests and callers on his program are strictly their own, and do not necessarily represent the opinions, beliefs or policies of WABC Radio" and its owners, other hosts and advertisers, New York's 77 Talk Radio WABC said in a message before Giuliani's daily afternoon show.

A surprised Giuliani opened the program by saying, "I would have thought they would have told me about that before just doing what they just did. Rather insulting. And gives you a sense of how far this free speech thing has gone. And how they frighten everybody. I mean, we're in America, we're not in East Germany.

"They've got to warn you about me? I'm going to have to give that a lot of consideration. I also think putting it on without telling me not the right thing to do. Not the right thing to do at all."

Hours earlier, Giuliani was named as one of the defendants in a $2.7 billion defamation lawsuit filed by voting system company Smartmatic against Fox News Corporation, which often allowed the former New York City mayor to spout false and unfounded conspiracy theories about the 2020 election on its Fox News and Fox Business channels.

The company accuses three of those network's personalities Maria Bartiromo, Lou Dobbs and Jeanine Pirro as well as Giuliani and attorney Sidney Powell of perpetrating a monthslong disinformation campaign alleging that the election was rigged and that Smartmatic participated in that effort.

Last week, Dominion Voting Systems filed a $1.3 billion defamation lawsuit against Giuliani for similar fictions about the election and the company.

Following his complaints about WABC, Giuliani accepted a call from a listener, whom he identified as Art from Westchester, New York.

"I want to warn you, you're talking to me it doesn't express anybody else's viewpoint but mine," Giuliani said. "But you kind of knew that anyway didn't you? You didn't need to be reminded of that did you?"

The caller informed Giuliani that he was a "different listener to WABC" which broadcasts other conservative hosts, such as Mark Levin and that he disagreed with "almost everything that you say, so I'm going to challenge you a little bit."

Giuliani responded by insisting he had evidence (which he has still failed to produce) of widespread voter fraud, and then, as has been his pattern, reiterated several baseless conspiracy theories.
concordtom
smh said:

concordtom said:

> My cousin has been featured on the Wheaties box! No kidding!
oh?
Yep. Pretty cool!

And it wasn't a joke, like this guy.

Eastern Oregon Bear
concordtom said:

Best commercial I can recall seeing in a long time. I may have only had 1/4 of one Guinness in my life, but after this I would be happy to drink one. Made me thirsty.

I guess I'll brag on my niece a little bit here. She worked on that Guinness commercial. Not the scenes with Joe Montana, she was a production assistant on the shots inside the bar.

She's 20 and has been an aspiring film maker since she was about 10. She's gone to film maker camps in high school and worked on various projects. When she graduated high school, she had several jobs lined up, so she decided to take a year off before going to college. Then COVID hit and it became 2 years. She's working fairly steadily including some music videos (edited one) and an independent production of Richard III. I just heard a week or two back about the Super Bowl commercial. I didn't find out until yesterday that it was this one for Guinness. I had my doubts about her film making dreams (tough field) but I have to say that it's going well so far. I think she's still planning to go to college once they open up for on campus classes, probably at some film making program on the east coast where she lives.

If I weren't a diabetic, I'd probably use the commercial as an excuse to have a Guinness for the Super Bowl, but I rarely drink alcohol these days. I miss beer. The first time I encountered Guinness (at Cal), it took three of us to finish the can. I developed more of an appreciation for it later on.
bearister
The Trump-COVID jobs legacy - Axios

https://www.axios.com/january-jobs-report-718fb1bf-9f1e-40c7-a03d-18cf0558beca.html

*Concordtom, post the Wheaties box your cousin was on or supply the name.
bearister
Trump era pushes New York Times to new heights in digital subscriptions - Axios

https://www.axios.com/new-york-times-digital-subscriptions-9be49fa1-3310-41d9-becb-2e77b18cd77e.html
concordtom
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

concordtom said:

I guess I'll brag on my niece a little bit here. She worked on that Guinness commercial. Not the scenes with Joe Montana, she was a production assistant on the shots inside the bar.

She's 20 and has been an aspiring film maker since she was about 10. She's gone to film maker camps in high school and worked on various projects. When she graduated high school, she had several jobs lined up, so she decided to take a year off before going to college. Then COVID hit and it became 2 years. She's working fairly steadily including some music videos (edited one) and an independent production of Richard III. I just heard a week or two back about the Super Bowl commercial. I didn't find out until yesterday that it was this one for Guinness. I had my doubts about her film making dreams (tough field) but I have to say that it's going well so far. I think she's still planning to go to college once they open up for on campus classes, probably at some film making program on the east coast where she lives.

If I weren't a diabetic, I'd probably use the commercial as an excuse to have a Guinness for the Super Bowl, but I rarely drink alcohol these days. I miss beer. The first time I encountered Guinness (at Cal), it took three of us to finish the can. I developed more of an appreciation for it later on.
Nice post, and wow - congratulations.
You'll have to tell her what I said.

I had to laugh at your ending though - 3 to finish a can. Maybe that's why I never have had one! Something that dark needs to have beef and carrots in it, no?

Overheard at Foggy Bottom...
This guy is grumpy because he misses beer, too. Worst part of the job is knowing he can't drink like he did years before.

concordtom
bearister said:

The Trump-COVID jobs legacy - Axios

https://www.axios.com/january-jobs-report-718fb1bf-9f1e-40c7-a03d-18cf0558beca.html

*Concordtom, post the Wheaties box your cousin was on or supply the name.
And reveal my true identity?
No way!
I don't want no radical right wing wacko showing up to hunt me down or rape my daughters (cause, ya know, they do that, too.)

You'll just have to take my word for it.
I went looking for them when they went on sale. I called Wheaties, actually, and asked who the vendors were. Walmart - and I bought about 6 boxes. I still have them! (He has the gold medal.)

bearister
Lou, We hardly knew ye.

Fox Business suddenly cancels 'Lou Dobbs Tonight,' its highest-rated show - CNN

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/05/media/lou-dobbs-fox-show-canceled/index.html
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/02/05/media/lou-dobbs-fox-show-canceled/index.html

*Looks like Fox was mitigating its exposure in the voting machine litigation since it didn't feel they could make the dumbf@uck shut up about the election being rigged.
concordtom
bearister said:

Lou, We hardly knew ye.

Fox Business suddenly cancels 'Lou Dobbs Tonight,' its highest-rated show - CNN

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/05/media/lou-dobbs-fox-show-canceled/index.html
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/02/05/media/lou-dobbs-fox-show-canceled/index.html

*Looks like Fox was mitigating its exposure in the voting machine litigation since it didn't feel they could make the dumbf@uck shut up about the election being rigged.
OMG - THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST NEWS OF THE WEEK - THE MONTH!
I have checked in to listen to that guy a couple times recently just to hear what he was saying to his audience and I was SHOCKED at how far right and radical and insulting and attacking he's become. I began to wonder how old he was and if he was on meds and such.

I decided that he was a vulgar pig part responsible for poisoning America, along with Rush and so many others. I hope Fox completely flushes ALL of them!

THANK YOU FOR THIS GOOD NEWS.
I'm going to go have a celebratory drink now because of this!!!
concordtom
Okay, so I made myself a drink I used to have in college to celebrate Lou Dobbs being FIRED!
First Kamikaze in 30+ years!

Here's to you, Lou!
Vaya con Dios!

bearister
bearister
Hacked sex robots could be told to kill users as experts warn it's a 'piece of cake' - Daily Star

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/weird-news/hacked-sex-robots-could-told-23463702

concordtom
Palm Beach officials will hold a hearing on Tuesday regarding Trump being able to remain a resident at Mar a Lago.
He may face eviction.
This should be fun.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/palm-beach-officials-considering-bid-120127691.html
concordtom
bearister said:

Hacked sex robots could be told to kill users as experts warn it's a 'piece of cake' - Daily Star

It'll be like, when you are horny, you'll have to go through some specific checks to make sure it's not a black widow.

?offset-y=0
bearister
Yes, the robotic Fake Melania goes through a strict scouring protocol when the Former Social Media Influencer* gets his horn on.

*Shoutout to Colin Jost
concordtom
Well, she's not doing a very good job.
Apparently, she's not programmed for that.
We'll see how much money she's extracted from him, from her association with him, once he is gone.

bearister
Saw that movie being filmed around City Hall when I was a student at Hastings. What a great film. It depicts total hopelessness, like the book and film, 1984.
A few years ago when my son was summer law clerking at the firm I was with, we went to SF Superior Court to watch some trials. On the way home we stopped in City Hall Plaza to each take a photo reenacting that final scene. I then used the Layout App to put us each in a split screen photo with Sutherland striking the same pose.

sonofabear51
A classic scene from a great movie. One of my favorites
calbear93
concordtom said:

bearister said:

It'll be like, when you are horny, you'll have to go through some specific checks to make sure it's not a black widow.

?offset-y=0

I assume those who have to resort to these measures would not be high value targets.
bearister
sonofabear51 said:

A classic scene from a great movie. One of my favorites

The other money shot from the film:

concordtom
calbear93 said:

concordtom said:

bearister said:

?offset-y=0

I assume those who have to resort to these measures would not be high value targets.

sonofabear51
Agreed!
AunBear89
He's perfected the white frat boy lower lip bite while dancing. That's how you KNOW he's cool!
AunBear89
Devin Nunes's cow is smarter than Devin (or one of his staffers):

https://www.thedailybeast.com/devin-nunes-locked-out-of-twitter-after-he-failed-to-solve-basic-anti-spam-puzzle
Eastern Oregon Bear
AunBear89 said:

Devin Nunes's cow is smarter than Devin (or one of his staffers):

https://www.thedailybeast.com/devin-nunes-locked-out-of-twitter-after-he-failed-to-solve-basic-anti-spam-puzzle
Funny, but to be fair, some of those CAPTCHA letters get so stretched out that it's hard to tell if it's supposed to be an upper case or lower case letter. I've had to take a couple of guesses a few times. Never got locked out though.
AunBear89
Oh, I hear ya! And if it was one of those then I probably would give it a pass for the reason you bring up. But the linked piece mentions that it was the far easier "Click on pictures of fire hydrants" or "Click on pictures of crosswalks" variety.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
Eastern Oregon Bear
AunBear89 said:

Oh, I hear ya! And if it was one of those then I probably would give it a pass for the reason you bring up. But the linked piece mentions that it was the far easier "Click on pictures of fire hydrants" or "Click on pictures of crosswalks" variety.
OK, in that case, assign the staff to remedial kindergarten.
First Page Last Page
Page 61 of 338

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.