Breaking News

982,690 Views | 11791 Replies | Last: 50 min ago by movielover
Unit2Sucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Biden's military budget immediately hit by cries from Republicans to spend more. I guess military industrial complex welfare is just another entitlement we're stuck with.

Quote:

The Biden administration's proposal includes $773 billion in funding specifically for the Pentagon in the coming year. Congress, which will ultimately set spending levels for the federal government, is likely to boost that figure higher, just as it did in the fiscal year 2022 spending package.

Republicans quickly responded to the Pentagon's budget rollout by arguing it wasn't enough for the US military in the face of Russia's attack on Ukraine and China's military investments. Liberal Democrats, however, criticized the Biden administration for ramping up the defense budget at all.

All of those plans are likely face pushback from Congress, which has repeatedly resisted cutbacks that would hurt weapons suppliers based in their districts or bases and shipyards that could shrink if planes and ships are removed.

sycasey
Wait, I thought Republicans were the anti-war party now, thanks to Trump. Have I been misled?
Unit2Sucks
sycasey said:

Wait, I thought Republicans were the anti-war party now, thanks to Trump. Have I been misled?
Anti-war by expanding military spending don't ya know.
okaydo
concordtom
Unit2Sucks said:

sycasey said:

Anti-war by expanding military spending don't ya know.
Well, it IS true now that MAD appears to work.
Ukraine gave up nukes - is now invaded, blown up, taken over (parts, at least).

No country is going to want to be without such deterance.
A sad consequential reality - lesson learned.

We'll blow ourselves up, eventually.

BearForce2
CNN finally admits Hunter Biden laptop is real but very quietly.

CNN: 'Realistic chance' Hunter Biden could be indicted

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/600372-cnn-realistic-chance-hunter-biden-could-be-indicted?rl=1
bearister
California governor blocks parole for Manson follower Leslie Van Houten

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/mar/30/leslie-van-houten-gavin-newsom-denied-parole-again?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
okaydo

okaydo
bearister
okaydo said:

I'd end up in Pelican Bay doing that gig.
Unit2Sucks
bearister said:

okaydo said:

I'd end up in Pelican Bay doing that gig.

Why do you people hate Aileen Gu so much?
Eastern Oregon Bear
okaydo said:

I'm not sure how having "Snowflake Wrangler" on my resume would help in my future endeavors.
Unit2Sucks
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

okaydo said:

I'm not sure how having "Snowflake Wrangler" on my resume would help in my future endeavors.

What if she is China's Snow Princess?
Unit2Sucks
House passes law to limit insulin prices to make healthcare more affordable to tens of millions of Americans. This is a huge issue for them and one which Republicans have acknowledged is problematic for our country and the result of a broken healthcare system. Naturally, Republicans in the senate will block its passage.

BearForce2
The Hill removed its comment section. So sad.

https://thehill.com/news/welcome-to-the-new-thehill-com/
DiabloWags
bearister said:

okaydo said:

This sounds like it would be right up Going 4 Roses alley.
okaydo

okaydo
Unit2Sucks
Pete B. dunks on disingenuous punks like Cotton as well as anyone. Really enjoy seeing him smack these clowns around, all the more so when it's a fake ideological empty suit like Cotton who doesn't believe in anything except advancing his career by any means necessary.

sycasey
Does . . . Tom Cotton think that poor people live in high rise apartments downtown? I've got some news for him.
bearister
okaydo said:

bearister
okaydo said:

She looks dissipated like a morphine addict.
Big C

^^^ This recent photo of Sarah Palin ^^^ is probably why Tom Cotton refuses to have any work done, despite my advice to him to have neck-shortening surgery. (dude looks like a baby giraffe or something)
bearister
Is tRump ever going to have vagina rejuvenation surgery on whatever the f@uck that thing his head is attached to?

Unit2Sucks
sycasey said:

Does . . . Tom Cotton think that poor people live in high rise apartments downtown? I've got some news for him.
That's the beauty of it. He literally doesn't believe in anything. Every move is a cynical ploy to maximize his political future. He chose not to serve in the Trump administration because he knew there would be blowback if he was a complicit head of CIA and serving his country ethically rates near zero for him.

So here he is savaging infrastructure spending for people he can "other" while his ****hole state is near the bottom of every important metric and he's done not one thing for his long suffering constituents.
DiabloWags
Big C said:

^^^ This recent photo of Sarah Palin ^^^ is probably why Tom Cotton refuses to have any work done, despite my advice to him to have neck-shortening surgery. (dude looks like a baby giraffe or something)

She's not aging well.
That's for sure.
That CHIN!
DiabloWags
Unit2Sucks said:

So here he is savaging infrastructure spending for people he can "other" while his ****hole state is near the bottom of every important metric and he's done not one thing for his long suffering constituents.

ARKANSAS is definitely a crap hole.

41st in Education
43rd in Infrastructure
48th in Crime & Corrections
49th in Healthcare

"Love that the GOP's vision of dystopia is people walking to work which based on property value in walkable neighborhoods is privilege people pay a roughly $100,000 premium for."

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/arkansas
bearister
At least six killed in drive-by shooting after Sacramento bars let out

https://mol.im/a/10681189
bearister

Data: Gemini; Chart: Jacque Schrag/Axios
Sebastabear
bearister said:

If you have access to Bloomberg, this is a fascinating article about the founder of FTX, who grew up in Berkeley. Didn't know that, I guess I now understand our field naming deal.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2022-04-03/sam-bankman-fried-ftx-s-crypto-billionaire-who-wants-to-give-his-fortune-away
Unit2Sucks
Sebastabear said:

bearister said:

If you have access to Bloomberg, this is a fascinating article about the founder of FTX, who grew up in Berkeley. Didn't know that, I guess I now understand our field naming deal.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2022-04-03/sam-bankman-fried-ftx-s-crypto-billionaire-who-wants-to-give-his-fortune-away
I have a friend (who also is a Cal grad) who I talked to quite a bit about SBF last year. According to my friend SBF is the real deal and one of the smartest guys in crypto (obviously he's got some pedigree on the intellecutal side). The guy I know generated close to a 10 figure fortune in crypto, knows SBF very well professionally and is generally plugged in to a lot of what is going on in the space. I still think there is way too much BS in crypto, but I'm willing to concede that there is a lot I don't know.

When I read the URL I still couldn't help but think that SBF is going to give his fortune away by virtue of a massive crash in crypto that surely is coming. Or not.
okaydo
okaydo

Unit2Sucks
Ok this is funny.

okaydo
First Page Last Page
Page 88 of 337

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.