Breaking News

982,069 Views | 11785 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by bearister
82gradDLSdad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DiabloWags said:

PAUL PELOSI GETS JAIL TIME.

LOCK HIM UP!

Paul Pelosi gets 5 days in jail, 3 years of probation in DUI | AP News

GO TRUMP GO!

Surprised Nancy hasn't come out and said all the politically correct and practically correct statements regarding drunk driving. There is a small part of me that is cynical enough to not be surprised.
calbear93
DiabloWags said:

LOCK HIM UP!

GO TRUMP GO!

In other words, no jail time other than the 2 days previously spent in holding.
calbear93
82gradDLSdad said:

DiabloWags said:

LOCK HIM UP!

GO TRUMP GO!

Surprised Nancy hasn't come out and said all the politically correct and practically correct statements regarding drunk driving. There is a small part of me that is cynical enough to not be surprised.
No more surprising that the quick fall of Dan Price.

Anyone who has experience investigating HR complaints at a tech company full of alleged liberals knows that most of the alleged liberal or even "woke" beliefs by upper middle class or wealthy professionals are not reflected in their actual behavior.
concordtom
DiabloWags said:

LOCK HIM UP!

GO TRUMP GO!

A good reminder to EVERYONE to not drink and drive.
Otherwise, a non-story!
The only story about it is how some might want to put a political spin on it.
(Yes, I know you are mocking those people.)
concordtom
82gradDLSdad said:

DiabloWags said:

LOCK HIM UP!

GO TRUMP GO!

My, the high standards!
If this were a Trump family me, they'd be attacking the Cops, the media, throwing money at people to make it go away.
DiabloWags
82gradDLSdad said:

DiabloWags said:

LOCK HIM UP!

GO TRUMP GO!

She has repeatedly declined to comment about the incident.

Her husband was 0.082%
The legal limit is .080%

I just hope that all of the "good" Christians out there will be able to forgive him and not judge.

calbear93
DiabloWags said:

82gradDLSdad said:

DiabloWags said:

LOCK HIM UP!

GO TRUMP GO!

Her husband was 0.082%
The legal limit is .080%

I just hope that all of the "good" Christians out there will be able to forgive him and not judge.

Who is judging?

The only judging I am seeing is you constantly of Christians.

I have seen you write about how so many people write about financial matters without financial literacy.

Do you feel like you have literacy on religion since you write about Christianity or Christians so often? Because you write as if Christianity is about works or following the law. Maybe you should read Romans 3: 23-28.
82gradDLSdad
DiabloWags said:

82gradDLSdad said:

DiabloWags said:

LOCK HIM UP!

GO TRUMP GO!

Her husband was 0.082%
The legal limit is .080%

The guy could barely stand up. Did you see the CHP video? I don't care what the blood alcohol was. All I'm saying is this is a softball for Nancy to comment on. It actually does her and her party more harm for it to just hang out there with no comment. And the 'what would happen if it was one of Trump's relatives' is not the issue.
Unit2Sucks
Does anyone remember when the GOP favored democracy? What a quaint idea that's become.

concordtom
82gradDLSdad said:

DiabloWags said:

82gradDLSdad said:

DiabloWags said:

LOCK HIM UP!

GO TRUMP GO!

Her husband was 0.082%
The legal limit is .080%

The guy could barely stand up. Did you see the CHP video? I don't care what the blood alcohol was. All I'm saying is this is a softball for Nancy to comment on. It actually does her and her party more harm for it to just hang out there with no comment. And the 'what would happen if it was one of Trump's relatives' is not the issue.

What would you recommend she say?
concordtom
82gradDLSdad said:

DiabloWags said:

82gradDLSdad said:

DiabloWags said:

LOCK HIM UP!

GO TRUMP GO!

Her husband was 0.082%
The legal limit is .080%

I just want to clarify my prior comment about what if it was a trump family member.

The Pelosis appear to be accepting the punishment. Nancy simply said it is a private matter.

I was saying that the Trump family would deny that anyone was drunk, they'd accuse that s breathalyzer was rigged, they'd make sure the names of arresting officers was threatened by their online idiot horde, they'd launch a lawsuit, fundraise off it in form of a defense fund, and they'd somehow find way to blame it on Biden.

So, when you say you want a statement, what do you want??
Drinking too much at a dinner, in Napa or elsewhere is oh so common. It's bad, yes! But what do we need Nancy to say about it?
Be shamed. Take your sentence and move on.
DiabloWags
concordtom said:

Drinking too much at a dinner, in Napa or elsewhere is oh so common. It's bad, yes! But what do we need Nancy to say about it?

Yeah, I dont get why someone needs to hear her comment.
Makes no sense to me.

I watched Right Wing Media attack Pelosi for days. These were the same fools who attacked Pelosi about her husband's "insider" trading. Morons who have never traded a stock in their life. The typical brainless Trumpanzee crowd that watches Faux News 24/7.

I wonder if these same people attacking Paul Pelosi were equally as "judgemental" when it came to Matt Gaetz having been arrested for a DUI, only to see that charge disappear. The arrest report said that Gaetz was unsteady on his feet and that his eyes were bloodshot. He refused to perform a sobriety test or take a breath test. His attorney argued that there was no evidence that Gaetz was impaired while behind the wheel. The case was dropped. - - - Hmmmm...

concordtom
That dude is major sketch.
It's so depressing so many elected people are so so sketchy.

I think there must be some sort of gene - one has to be crazy to want to subject themselves to the filth of that fishbowl.
Always being attacked , covered, falsehoods.

At this point, I'm not looking for someone with great policies I agree with. I'm simply looking for someone who has integrity, is "normal".

Amy Klobuchar, for one.
And no, she can't dance like Santa Marin.

Cal88
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/03/telling-reactions-tales-amy-klobuchars-rage/584104/

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/mollyhensleyclancy/amy-klobuchar-staff-2020-election

Quote:

Amy Klobuchar has laid the grounds for a presidential run on an image of "Minnesota nice."

But behind the doors of her Washington, DC, office, the Minnesota Democrat ran a workplace controlled by fear, anger, and shame, according to interviews with eight former staffers, one that many employees found intolerably cruel. She demeaned and berated her staff almost daily, subjecting them to bouts of explosive rage and regular humiliation within the office, according to interviews and dozens of emails reviewed by BuzzFeed News.
Sociopaths like her tend to populate the political ranks, that's the nature of the beast. One of their main skills is to pass as normal and benevolent.
Cal88
82gradDLSdad said:

DiabloWags said:

82gradDLSdad said:

DiabloWags said:

LOCK HIM UP!

GO TRUMP GO!

Her husband was 0.082%
The legal limit is .080%

The CHP higher ups probably lowballed his blood-alcohol number in the official report. Functional alcoholics have a higher than normal alcohol tolerance and could at least walk after 2.5-3 drinks, while he couldn't even move:

The worst part of this story is that he reportedly tried to bribe the CHP officer. Good on him to pass.
82gradDLSdad
concordtom said:

82gradDLSdad said:

DiabloWags said:

82gradDLSdad said:

DiabloWags said:

LOCK HIM UP!

GO TRUMP GO!

Her husband was 0.082%
The legal limit is .080%

I just want to clarify my prior comment about what if it was a trump family member.

The Pelosis appear to be accepting the punishment. Nancy simply said it is a private matter.

I was saying that the Trump family would deny that anyone was drunk, they'd accuse that s breathalyzer was rigged, they'd make sure the names of arresting officers was threatened by their online idiot horde, they'd launch a lawsuit, fundraise off it in form of a defense fund, and they'd somehow find way to blame it on Biden.

She's one of the most powerful people in the world and she is involved with making and enforcing laws like the drunk driving law. She's also probably been involved in the last 40 year push to enforce the drunk driving laws. I think she needs to make a statement, as a high ranking person in our society. You are thinking I want that because I've voted for a lot of Republicans. I can tell you it is not. I really have no party. I could care less at this point what party someone is from.
okaydo
New York Times, last night: Maxwell Alejandro Frost may become the first Gen Z member of Congress.

New York Times, December 2020: A Conversation with Alex Lee, California's first Gen Z lawmaker.

Alex Lee: Born July 11, 1995

Madison Cawthorn, a current member of Congress, born August 1, 1995:

concordtom
Cal88 said:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/03/telling-reactions-tales-amy-klobuchars-rage/584104/

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/mollyhensleyclancy/amy-klobuchar-staff-2020-election

Quote:

Amy Klobuchar has laid the grounds for a presidential run on an image of "Minnesota nice."

But behind the doors of her Washington, DC, office, the Minnesota Democrat ran a workplace controlled by fear, anger, and shame, according to interviews with eight former staffers, one that many employees found intolerably cruel. She demeaned and berated her staff almost daily, subjecting them to bouts of explosive rage and regular humiliation within the office, according to interviews and dozens of emails reviewed by BuzzFeed News.
Sociopaths like her tend to populate the political ranks, that's the nature of the beast. One of their main skills is to pass as normal and benevolent.

Oh, PLEASE! Tell me how Amy Klobuchar is a "sociopath"!

This should be fun, like a reading from 3rd grade "creative writing" class. Ha!
Unit2Sucks
82gradDLSdad said:

concordtom said:

82gradDLSdad said:

DiabloWags said:

82gradDLSdad said:

DiabloWags said:

LOCK HIM UP!

GO TRUMP GO!

Her husband was 0.082%
The legal limit is .080%

She's one of the most powerful people in the world and she is involved with making and enforcing laws like the drunk driving law. She's also probably been involved in the last 40 year push to enforce the drunk driving laws. I think she needs to make a statement, as a high ranking person in our society. You are thinking I want that because I've voted for a lot of Republicans. I can tell you it is not. I really have no party. I could care less at this point what party someone is from.

Lolwut? Drunk driving isn't a federal crime.

Her husband got a DUI and didn't use his privilege to get out of it the way the vast majority of people with his means and influence would. GOO members of congress have done far worse and not been called out on it by right wing media. I get it. The GOP loves this sort of red meat for the base but we don't have to pretend like it matters.

There is literally no crime that Trump could commit that would cause the GOP to give up on him as their messiah and 2024 presidential nominee yet we are supposed to pretend that their pearl clutching over a spousal DUI is legitimate?

concordtom
Cal88 said:

82gradDLSdad said:

DiabloWags said:

82gradDLSdad said:

DiabloWags said:

LOCK HIM UP!

GO TRUMP GO!

Her husband was 0.082%
The legal limit is .080%

The CHP higher ups probably lowballed his blood-alcohol number in the official report. Functional alcoholics have a higher than normal alcohol tolerance and could at least walk after 2.5-3 drinks, while he couldn't even move:

The worst part of this story is that he reportedly tried to bribe the CHP officer. Good on him to pass.

Well, that's not as bad as entrapping little girls in the basement and performing lewd acts on them, as you have "reportedly" done.

Also, reportedly, Trump received a golden shower from hookers in a Moscow hotel room.

Reportedly, Foxnews is a joke.
Reportedly, trump has also profited off the copy/sake of the secret documents in his possession.
And, reportedly, he has 10x that amount of "stuff" that doesn't belong to him in other closets which is not widely known.

Reportedly, the earth is flat, too. Just ask Kyrie Irving.

Take your pick of which is true.
concordtom
82gradDLSdad said:

concordtom said:

82gradDLSdad said:

DiabloWags said:

82gradDLSdad said:

DiabloWags said:

LOCK HIM UP!

GO TRUMP GO!

Her husband was 0.082%
The legal limit is .080%

Fair enough.
But what do you want her to say??
concordtom
Unit2Sucks said:

82gradDLSdad said:

concordtom said:

82gradDLSdad said:

DiabloWags said:

82gradDLSdad said:

DiabloWags said:

LOCK HIM UP!

GO TRUMP GO!

Her husband was 0.082%
The legal limit is .080%

Her husband got a DUI and didn't use his privilege to get out of it the way the vast majority of people with his means and influence would. GOO members of congress have done far worse and not been called out on it by right wing media. I get it. The GOP loves this sort of red meat for the base but we don't have to pretend like it matters.

There is literally no crime that Trump could commit that would cause the GOP to give up on him as their messiah and 2024 presidential nominee yet we are supposed to pretend that their pearl clutching over a spousal DUI is legitimate?

When Dems commit a sexual picadilo, they implode:
Gary hart
John Edwards
President Clinton (escaped impeachment)
Sen Franken…

Trump bragged about it snd GOP looked the other way.
That's your point and it's accepted (by me).

I'm not trying to say that Dems should get away with drunk driving because Republicans would.

I'm trying to ask, "he has been found guilty, has served 2 days in jail already snd apparently will more, plus the $fine - what MORE is DLS wanting ? "

This is Al Franken all over again!
Dude made a joke. Big deal. He was forced to leave the debate? Please.

Maybe DLS thinks she should simply say "this was wrong. Shouldn't have happened. Won't happen again. You shouldn't do it either, else you suffer the punishment he did."

Okay, understandable.

But sadly, Foxnews would run that on a loop and the right media would distort it to make him a complete drunk who drives over babies on the highway.

What do you have to say about that?
Cal88
concordtom said:

Cal88 said:

Quote:

Oh, PLEASE! Tell me how Amy Klobuchar is a "sociopath"!

This should be fun, like a reading from 3rd grade "creative writing" class. Ha!

The two articles I've linked above that depict Klobuchar's sociopathic behavior, from fairly reliable sources, aren't quite 3rd grade level, in case you haven't noticed.

Do you think those are partisan hatchet jobs, or that the behavior they've documented is worthy of a good political leader?
DiabloWags
Unit2Sucks said:

82gradDLSdad said:

Agreed.
I fail to understand the logic displayed here that claims that the House Speaker needs to make a statement.
Paul Pelosi is a private citizen. He plead guilty to a state vehicle code (23153a).

DiabloWags
okaydo said:

New York Times, December 2020: A Conversation with Alex Lee, California's first Gen Z lawmaker.

I'm usually a fan of homegrown talent, but not Alex Lee.
He reintroduced a wealth tax in the California state assembly.
Apparently, the marginal state income tax rate of 13.3% on the top bracket wasnt enough for Mr. Lee
He wanted to tax wealth.

concordtom
Cal88 said:

The two articles I've linked above…

Reportedly, the attacks on Amy came from right wing sources during her presidential run when she was beginning to create a following.
Reportedly, we don't hear those stories anymore. Because she's no longer a threat.
Reportedly, your posts here have sullied your reputation to the point that nothing you post is taken as fact.

Reportedly, Amy is a great person, in person - not like what YOU read about.
concordtom
Reportedly, Biden is senile.
Reportedly, Hillary was going to die way back in 2016.
Reportedly, Obama's birth certificate was fake, as was the contemporary Hawaii newspaper birth announcement, and he was really born in Kenya.
Reportedly, being foreign born doesn't matter for Ted Cruz and John McCain, who were indeed born in Canada and Panama.

Reportedly, Obama is more black than he is white - despite that fact that his mom was, indeed, quite white.
concordtom
Keep tossing out your "reportedlies", as in "reported lies", for my laughter factor!
82gradDLSdad
Unit2Sucks said:

82gradDLSdad said:

concordtom said:

82gradDLSdad said:

DiabloWags said:

82gradDLSdad said:

DiabloWags said:

LOCK HIM UP!

GO TRUMP GO!

Her husband was 0.082%
The legal limit is .080%

Another yah but Trump...
Unit2Sucks
82gradDLSdad said:

Unit2Sucks said:

82gradDLSdad said:

concordtom said:

82gradDLSdad said:

DiabloWags said:

82gradDLSdad said:

DiabloWags said:

LOCK HIM UP!

GO TRUMP GO!

Her husband was 0.082%
The legal limit is .080%

Another yah but Trump...
More of a "no but Trump" if we're being honest. We're not talking about Chappaquiddick here. It was a misdemeanor DUI by a spouse of a member of congress. Enough of the pearl-clutching.
Big C

Paul Pelosi probably has a hard time moving when he is stone cold sober. How old is the dude?
sycasey
concordtom said:

Unit2Sucks said:

82gradDLSdad said:

concordtom said:

82gradDLSdad said:

DiabloWags said:

82gradDLSdad said:

DiabloWags said:

LOCK HIM UP!

GO TRUMP GO!

Her husband was 0.082%
The legal limit is .080%

When Dems commit a sexual picadilo, they implode:
Gary hart
John Edwards
President Clinton (escaped impeachment)
Sen Franken…

Trump bragged about it snd GOP looked the other way.
That's your point and it's accepted (by me).
Though in fairness, Republicans don't always get away with it. Witness Roy Moore becoming the first Republican to lose Alabama in forever.
Cal88
concordtom said:

Cal88 said:

The two articles I've linked above…
Reportedly, the attacks on Amy came from right wing sources during her presidential run when she was beginning to create a following.
Reportedly, we don't hear those stories anymore. Because she's no longer a threat.
Reportedly, your posts here have sullied your reputation to the point that nothing you post is taken as fact.

Reportedly, Amy is a great person, in person - not like what YOU read about.

Buzzfeed and The Atlantic are now right-wing sources? Really??

Buzzfeed's article had the input of 8 of her former staffers, all of this is a fabrication, or are these 8 staffers part of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy?

Quote:

Reportedly, Biden is senile.
Reportedly, Hillary was going to die way back in 2016.
Reportedly, Obama's birth certificate was fake, as was the contemporary Hawaii newspaper birth announcement, and he was really born in Kenya.
Reportedly, being foreign born doesn't matter for Ted Cruz and John McCain, who were indeed born in Canada and Panama.

Reportedly, Obama is more black than he is white - despite that fact that his mom was, indeed, quite white.

I've asked you a simple question about Klobuchar, based on 2 articles from fairly reliable sources, and in return you have to regurgitate your whole politico-ideological spiel and talk about Obama's birth certificate?

Sustaining a normal conversation seems to be well beyond your psychological capacity.
Cal88
Big C said:

Paul Pelosi probably has a hard time moving when he is stone cold sober. How old is the dude?

The CHP officer would have been able to assess his level of physical fitness based on Pelosi's gait, observing him as he gets out of his car and walks to the line. The officer would be able to tell whether Pelosi is incapacitated from old age or if it's alcohol-induced, this being part of his daily work routine.
DiabloWags
Big C said:

He's 82.
First Page Last Page
Page 100 of 337

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.