Breaking News

981,999 Views | 11785 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by bearister
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
For people who enjoy sports cars.
I present the 2023 GT3 RS.

bearister
DiabloWags said:

Big C said:

Paul Pelosi probably has a hard time moving when he is stone cold sober. How old is the dude?
He's 82.

He moved when he saw the Italy beach attire.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
calbear93
82gradDLSdad said:

DiabloWags said:

82gradDLSdad said:

DiabloWags said:

PAUL PELOSI GETS JAIL TIME.

LOCK HIM UP!

Paul Pelosi gets 5 days in jail, 3 years of probation in DUI | AP News

GO TRUMP GO!

Surprised Nancy hasn't come out and said all the politically correct and practically correct statements regarding drunk driving. There is a small part of me that is cynical enough to not be surprised.

She has repeatedly declined to comment about the incident.

Her husband was 0.082%
The legal limit is .080%

I just hope that all of the "good" Christians out there will be able to forgive him and not judge.

The guy could barely stand up. Did you see the CHP video? I don't care what the blood alcohol was. All I'm saying is this is a softball for Nancy to comment on. It actually does her and her party more harm for it to just hang out there with no comment. And the 'what would happen if it was one of Trump's relatives' is not the issue.
It is just another example of an out-of-touch, way too rich person in the Bay Area behaving badly. Not shocked at all. I definitely do not need more platitudes from a politician or a celebrity. But whether someone is a politicians or not, how many victims of school shooting or drunk drivers do we need to see before we as Americans ****ing give a **** and exercise some self control and some serious regulation and punishment?
Cal88
Pelosi is a bit more than an out of touch old rich guy, he's part of the oligarchy and political machine that has been running Norcal politics for decades.

Turns out he was driving a brand-new Porsche 911, so he doesn't have a lot of geriatric mobility issues, because you need to be pretty fit to get in and out of that kind of low-lying sports car. A geriatric rich guy would be driving a more comfortable sedan. He totalled his 911 because he was wasted on a buttery over-oaked California chardonnay.

"Police said Pelosi was slurring his words and had trouble holding himself up after the crash."

https://nypost.com/2022/08/24/paul-pelosis-dui-wrecked-porsche-up-for-auction/
DiabloWags
The Carrera 4S is a fine sports car, but if I had my choice I'd go with a GT3 or GT3RS.
Turbos just dont do it for me.
I own a GT4.

The unveiling of the 9,000 rpm screamer, the GT3 RS this last weekend at Monterey Car Week.

DiabloWags
Hang On

Unit2Sucks
Cal88 can't find anything bad to say about war criminals like Putin, but for the spouse of a congress member, he can criticize everything from his choice of car to the imagined failings of the wine he drank which put him 3% over the legal limit. I'm surprised he didn't find a fake magazine cover to support his notion that Pelosi prefers over oaked Chards.

Otherwise, no surprises there.

I agree DW - GT3 is the way to go but Pelosi might have a few cars. The 4S is a great daily driver if you don't need a more practical car although an Uber would be far better if you are drinking.

DiabloWags
Unit2Sucks said:

I agree DW - GT3 is the way to go but Pelosi might have a few cars. The 4S is a great daily driver if you don't need a more practical car although an Uber would be far better if you are drinking.

I would agree.

And his 4S is most likely equipped with the 18-way adjustable seats instead of the carbon fiber racing buckets that are in my GT4. You literally have to be a gymnast to get out of the GT3 and GT4, they are so low. I have chronic issues with the IT-band on my left leg because of it.

Porsche 911 Carrera 4S - Porsche USA

concordtom
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/former-fox-news-editor-claims-viewers-have-been-deceived-and-coddled-over-the-years-075849938.html

Chris stirewalt has written a book and was. On cnn with Laura Coates last night.

Sounds like he could have more to say.
DiabloWags
Stirewalt has recently been outspoken about the narratives pushed by his former employer (FOX), and he believes it's a disservice to those who have given their lives for this country.

"When we use fear, and when we use hate, and when we use anger, and when we use paranoia to keep ratings high and keep people attached," Stirewalt said, "then we are not living up to I mean, I think about this all the time. A million American men and women died to preserve, protect and defend this country and our Constitution."

But Stirewalt claimed the network, along with others, are just giving viewers what they want.

"And then as news consumers, let's not kid ourselves," Stirewalt said, "this isn't a supply side problem, this is a demand side, right?"
dajo9
DiabloWags said:

Unit2Sucks said:

82gradDLSdad said:

She's one of the most powerful people in the world and she is involved with making and enforcing laws like the drunk driving law. She's also probably been involved in the last 40 year push to enforce the drunk driving laws. I think she needs to make a statement, as a high ranking person in our society. You are thinking I want that because I've voted for a lot of Republicans. I can tell you it is not. I really have no party. I could care less at this point what party someone is from.

Lolwut? Drunk driving isn't a federal crime.

Agreed.
I fail to understand the logic displayed here that claims that the House Speaker needs to make a statement.
Paul Pelosi is a private citizen. He plead guilty to a state vehicle code (23153a).

They want her to say something so the story will stay in the news. Then they want the criticism of what she said in the news. Then they want her clarification in the news. Then there will be a demand for an apology in the news. Then the apology will be in the news. Then the criticism of the apology will be in the news. The goal is for this to be in the news through the midterms.

The Pelosi's don't have to say anything.
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
concordtom
DiabloWags said:

Hang On

I'd love to race you and a few others her on that track. But it's gotta blow sitting in a machine like that for 45 minutes at a crawl down Ygnacio, or worse, down Clayton Rd.

Beautiful machines, long ago over engineered for 99.9% of our transportation needs.

As I wrote about before, we recently got a Kia Niro, and the thrill for me is to see how high of mpg I can get. Otherwise, I'm constantly frustrated by traffic, or not being able to open it up on I-80.

New games, one must adapt.

But if you're loving it, then I'm completely happy for you. I just can't. It's like seeing a swimming pool on a 110 degree day and not being able to jump in.

What a rush!
DiabloWags
concordtom said:

DiabloWags said:

Hang On

I'd love to race you and a few others her on that track. But it's gotta blow sitting in a machine like that for 45 minutes at a crawl down Ygnacio, or worse, down Clayton Rd.

I dont use my Porsche as a daily driver.
And when I head out on the weekend, I go in the early AM when the road is relatively free of traffic.
But yeah, I get your point.

Make no mistake.
The RS is for the track.
RS = Rennsport.

Cal88
DiabloWags said:

The Carrera 4S is a fine sports car, but if I had my choice I'd go with a GT3 or GT3RS.
Turbos just dont do it for me.
I own a GT4.

The unveiling of the 9,000 rpm screamer, the GT3 RS this last weekend at Monterey Car Week.

No spoiler alert?
concordtom
DiabloWags said:

Stirewalt has recently been outspoken about the narratives pushed by his former employer (FOX), and he believes it's a disservice to those who have given their lives for this country.

"When we use fear, and when we use hate, and when we use anger, and when we use paranoia to keep ratings high and keep people attached," Stirewalt said, "then we are not living up to I mean, I think about this all the time. A million American men and women died to preserve, protect and defend this country and our Constitution."

But Stirewalt claimed the network, along with others, are just giving viewers what they want.

"And then as news consumers, let's not kid ourselves," Stirewalt said, "this isn't a supply side problem, this is a demand side, right?"

Yeah.
She was soft on him.
For instance, she did point out that he was responsible for programming, but he deflected to something else and she didn't follow up.

I want to hear him admit that he was part of it. I also want to hear him rip on Tucker and Hannity and all the others. Finally, I want to hear him tell the viewers 100x how they should reject the bs they are spoonfed, by the likes of him.

I don't know how he can face people trying to come off like an angel who just left hell. But I'll listen.
DiabloWags
dajo9 said:

They want her to say something so the story will stay in the news. Then they want the criticism of what she said in the news. Then they want her clarification in the news. Then there will be a demand for an apology in the news. Then the apology will be in the news. Then the criticism of the apology will be in the news. The goal is for this to be in the news through the midterms.

Agreed 1000%
And that's why I totally disagreed with "82gradDLSdad" from the start on this.
It's to facilitate nothing more than a continued Faux News charade.
concordtom
DiabloWags said:

concordtom said:

DiabloWags said:

Hang On

I dont use my Porsche as a daily driver.
And when I head out on the weekend, I go in the early AM when the road is relatively free of traffic.
But yeah, I get your point.

Make no mistake.
The RS is for the track.
RS = Rennsport.

Yeah, I have to also admit… I can't afford a fun car for such weekend moments.

Cheers to you!
concordtom
DiabloWags said:

dajo9 said:

Agreed 1000%
And that's why I totally disagreed with "82gradDLSdad" from the start on this.
It's to facilitate nothing more than a continued Faux News charade.

In a perfect world, DLS is right. Drinking and driving should be condemned and shunned at every opportunity. And Nancy has a bullhorn so take such opportunity.

But in the real world, cynically, she can't, because her opponents turn the growth opportunity into a political escapade exactly as you've said - there are bigger fish for her to fry, by far (like saving the free world from Hitler 2.0), so, yeah, let the story die!
Cal88
Unit2Sucks said:

Cal88 can't find anything bad to say about war criminals like Putin, but for the spouse of a congress member, he can criticize everything from his choice of car to the imagined failings of the wine he drank which put him 3% over the legal limit. I'm surprised he didn't find a fake magazine cover to support his notion that Pelosi prefers over oaked Chards.

3% over the legal limit, but can't take a step forward? Sure...

Pretty much everything you write about the Ukraine war is of the level of Iraq-war era propaganda, yellowcake WMDs and mushroom clouds over NY repackaged with the Ikea flag for gullible liberals. You're completely disconnected with the realities there.

This is from my step-sister's hometown, what you get in Ukraine today for speaking the wrong language:

And a family outing in democratic Ukraine:
sycasey
Cal88 said:

"Russia state-affiliated media"
DiabloWags

Reading comprehension is extremely poor these days.
Cal88
You're not going to see these pics in CIA-affiliated Washington Post. or the rest of the MSM.
Cal88
Nothing to see here.

Sycasey-U2S fact-checking brigade: "no way she's 11, she's at least 12 or 13!, fake news! Wrong magazine cover!"

And this doesn't exist, OK maybe it does, but it doesn't matter!

https://forward.com/news/462916/nazi-collaborator-monuments-in-ukraine/?amp=1

Beginning in 2014, when the Maidan uprising brought a new government to Ukraine, the country has been erecting monuments to Nazi collaborators and Holocaust perpetrators at an astounding pace there's been a new plaque or street renaming nearly every week. Because of this, the Ukraine section represents an extremely partial listing of the several hundred monuments, statues, and streets named after Nazi collaborators in Ukraine.
DiabloWags
She's clearly not 11.
Not even close.
sycasey
I'm sure there are places in Ukraine where the locals are going too far with anti-Russian sentiment. That also happened here in the US against German and (especially) Japanese citizens during WW2.

That doesn't mean Russia was justified to invade Ukraine, of course. Russian state-affiliated media has reason to over-focus on these kinds of stories, as a way of distracting from the obvious larger war crime committed by Putin.
Unit2Sucks
When accused of repeatedly posting Russian propaganda, Cal88 responds by posting Russian propaganda from a "reporter" from Sputnik News, Putin's state-owned mouthpiece.

Quelle surprise.

Cal88 said:

You're not going to see these pics in CIA-affiliated Washington Post. or the rest of the MSM.
Weird, I wonder when US news stopped accepting Kremlin propaganda as truth?

These photos all looked staged, they are about as reliable as the fake magazine covers that Cal88 has posted in the past.
DiabloWags
Unit2Sucks said:

When accused of repeatedly posting Russian propaganda, Cal88 responds by posting Russian propaganda from a "reporter" from Sputnik News, Putin's state-owned mouthpiece.

And he cant even "see" it.
Shameless.

Cal88
sycasey said:

I'm sure there are places in Ukraine where the locals are going too far with anti-Russian sentiment. That also happened here in the US against German and (especially) Japanese citizens during WW2.

That doesn't mean Russia was justified to invade Ukraine, of course. Russian state-affiliated media has reason to over-focus on these kinds of stories, as a way of distracting from the obvious larger war crime committed by Putin.

That anti-Russian sentiment resulted in over 40 unarmed Russophone Odessa protestors being burned alive by a mob of Ukrainian nationalists, while local authorities watched.

It also resulted in an open rebellion in the mostly Russian east, a civil war between 2014-2021 that resulted in 14,000 deaths, mostly Russian-speaking Donbas civilians. How do you think a war like this will turn out if you send soldiers with this ideology, into a region with people they despise?

There are nearly 100,000 soldiers in ultranationalist militias like Azov or the Right Sector that are a full part of the Ukrainian armed forces, they actually are the best equipped. This soldier here is not an isolated case.

Cal88
Unit2Sucks said:

Quelle surprise.

Cal88 said:

These photos all looked staged, they are about as reliable as the fake magazine covers that Cal88 has posted in the past.

So you think those aren't actual scenes taking place in Ukraine, a kind of false flag psyop?!? Or do you believe they're photoshopped?
Unit2Sucks
Cal88 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Quelle surprise.

Cal88 said:

So you think those aren't actual scenes taking place in Ukraine, a kind of false flag psyop?!? Or do you believe they're photoshopped?

You recklessly post fake news all the time. You have no idea whether this stuff is real or not and, let's be honest, you don't care. You literally just posted Kremlin propaganda from someone who represents themselves as working for the Kremlin so you'll have to forgive us for healthy skepticism when you post photos that looked staged.

You are far more interested in spreading Kremlin-sourced propaganda than acknowledging any wrongdoing by the Kremlin (even managing to ignore the fact that they've bombed crowded hospitals, bus and trains stations) so we can dispense with the notion that you are here to engage in some sort of fact or values-based discussion grounded in the reality of the conflict between Russia and Ukraine.

You probably think this is real too:

You will continue to tell us what the Kremlin wants the world to know and we will continue to criticize you for it.
calbear93
OK, Cal88, bottom line it for us.

Give us your elevator speech.

Do you believe that Russia's invasion of Ukraine was a justified and righteous incursion?

Yes or no?

No deflection or whataboutism.
Cal88
calbear93 said:

Do you believe that Russia's invasion of Ukraine was a justified and righteous incursion?

Yes or no?

Here it is in a nutshell.

It's a civil war that has been fuelled by a nationalist ideology that is incompatible with the ethno-linguistically diverse nature of Ukraine.

The Minsk Agreements largely addressed this problem, providing some cultural autonomy for the Donbas.

Ukraine violated this agreement, largely because of the influence of ultranationalists within the Zelensky govt that forced a hardline policy and created the Donbas rebellion. This was a civil war with a strong element of ethnic cleansing.

This, along the fact that Ukraine was arming (potentially with nuclear weapons, having both the fuel and know how), precipitated the Russian invasion.

I can't call it "righteous" because it is going to result in tens, hundreds of thousands of dead, majority of them conscript hacks, but it was inevitable at that point.

The real tragedy is that it could have been easily averted with the proper handling by NATO. Instead its various governments pushed for this war, using Ukraine as a pawn to weaken Russia. Pure geoplolitics play.
DiabloWags
Cal88 said:

The real tragedy is that it could have been easily averted with the proper handling by NATO. Instead its various governments pushed for this war, using Ukraine as a pawn to weaken Russia. Pure geoplolitics play.
So you are essentially blaming the United States since NATO is the U.S.

Yes, we all wanted our fuel prices to go through the roof and commodity prices to create the highest inflation in 40 years.
It's a great way to create a Recession, which is what we all wanted.

Brilliant!
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
sycasey
DiabloWags said:

Cal88 said:

So you are essentially blaming the United States since NATO is the U.S.
Yes, we all wanted our fuel prices to go through the roof and commodity prices to create the highest inflation in 40 years.

Brilliant!

It's always inevitable, because Russia could never just choose to not invade a smaller neighbor.
calbear93
Cal88 said:

calbear93 said:

Yes or no?

Here it is in a nutshell.

It's a civil war that has been fuelled by a nationalist ideology that is incompatible with the ethno-linguistically diverse nature of Ukraine.

The Minsk Agreements largely addressed this problem, providing some cultural autonomy for the Donbas.

Ukraine violated this agreement, largely because of the influence of ultranationalists within the Zelensky govt that forced a hardline policy and created the Donbas rebellion. This was a civil war with a strong element of ethnic cleansing.

This, along the fact that Ukraine was arming (potentially with nuclear weapons, having both the fuel and know how), precipitated the Russian invasion.

I can't call it "righteous" because it is going to result in tens, hundreds of thousands of dead, majority of them conscript hacks, but it was inevitable at that point.

So, you didn't really answer.

To argue it is a civil war indicates your premise that Ukraine was not an independent and sovereign nation. I mean, big parts of US were once part of Mexico as well.

So, was Russia justified in invading Ukraine?
First Page Last Page
Page 101 of 337

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.