Breaking News

978,297 Views | 11764 Replies | Last: 5 min ago by movielover
movielover
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Twitter Files show us hundreds of individuals censoring online content, just at Twitter ... DHS, FBI ... so there's no doubt that is also going on at Google, Facebook, YouTube, and elsewhere.

Similar to a segment Tucker Carlson had covering Bidens various confidential documents he had at various homes. His point was bi partisan - too much stuff is marked 'classified' or 'secret' that shouldn't be. Oftentimes it's allegedly the various departments or bureas using the classification to save themselves embarrassment. Like this:

BTW, per Hunter Biden renting a bedroom from Pops for $50,000 a month... you folks know of any similar situation? I've heard children contributing to utilities... or a grown child paying rent, the folks invest it, and give it back to the child on their wedding day. Humm... was the rent paid in Ukranian hryvnias? (Ukr currency)

Eastern Oregon Bear
bearister said:

I'll bet the Warriors weren't greeted with a table full of fast food crap.
concordtom
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

I'll bet the Warriors weren't greeted with a table full of fast food crap.
Wow.
That was amazing.
What on earth was the thinking behind that. What an idiot.
movielover
Not the east bays finest.

Unit2Sucks
Teen suicides decreased dramatically during the pandemic. So much for the disingenuous claims that remote learning would lead to an increase in suicide rates. Obviously there is a problem with the way we educate our children since returning to in-person learning lead to a rise in suicides. The study postulates this is from bullying.
Quote:

This study explores the effect of in-person schooling on youth suicide. We document three key findings. First, using data from the National Vital Statistics System from 1990-2019, we document the historical association between teen suicides and the school calendar. We show that suicides among 12-to-18-year-olds are highest during months of the school year and lowest during summer months (June through August) and also establish that areas with schools starting in early August experience increases in teen suicides in August, while areas with schools starting in September don't see youth suicides rise until September. Second, we show that this seasonal pattern dramatically changed in 2020. Teen suicides plummeted in March 2020, when the COVID-19 pandemic began in the U.S. and remained low throughout the summer before rising in Fall 2020 when many K-12 schools returned to in-person instruction. Third, using county-level variation in school reopenings in Fall 2020 and Spring 2021proxied by anonymized SafeGraph smartphone data on elementary and secondary school foot trafficwe find that returning from online to in-person schooling was associated with a 12-to-18 percent increase teen suicides. This result is robust to controls for seasonal effects and general lockdown effects (proxied by restaurant and bar foot traffic), and survives falsification tests using suicides among young adults ages 19-to-25. Auxiliary analyses using Google Trends queries and the Youth Risk Behavior Survey suggests that bullying victimization may be an important mechanism.
Here's the economist on this topic.
Quote:

The paper concludes that in-person bullying is the likeliest explanation for the rise in suicides when schools reopened. According to the CDC, teenagers who are bullied are up to 320% likelier to commit suicide. The researchers also found that Google queries for parental advice on bullyingwhich are also seasonaldropped during lockdowns but spiked when school resumed. Lockdowns may have given students a break from classroom bullies, as well as more support from parents who were also stuck at home.

movielover
Did they look at increased drug use?
Unit2Sucks
We went back over 3k COVID deaths per week in early January. Hopefully we see a true reduction down below 1k per week, but that is mostly wishful thinking.

oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

We went back over 3k COVID deaths per week in early January. Hopefully we see a true reduction down below 1k per week, but that is mostly wishful thinking.

Looks like the liberal states in New England got hit the hardest. It may be time for better treatments and vaccines. Can this be done without angering Pfauci and the Pfda?
Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Looks like the liberal states in New England got hit the hardest. It may be time for better treatments and vaccines. Can this be done without angering Pfauci and the Pfda?
This is a news thread, not a thread to discuss your pet conspiracy theories. Your friends in the anti-vax thread would probably love to do that with you.
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

This is a news thread, not a thread to discuss your pet conspiracy theories. Your friends in the anti-vax thread would probably love to do that with you.

Lord Usucks, can you please put a sticky on top of the thread or rename it, such that people are allowed to post news but not actually comment on it?
Apathetic Bear
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

This confirms my plot analysis that voting for Biden is hazardous to your health. I also blame Ron DeSantis for all of these unnecessary deaths.
Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Lord Usucks, can you please put a sticky on top of the thread or rename it, such that people are allowed to post news but not actually comment on it?
Right after you post that we're closer to 1k deaths per week than 3k deaths like you did last time. Go back to your anti-vax troll safe space where you can continue to be wrong and unchallenged.
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Right after you post that we're closer to 1k deaths per week than 3k deaths like you did last time. Go back to your anti-vax troll safe space where you can continue to be wrong and unchallenged.

I am not questioning the news you posted. You are clearly the one asking for a safe space. Stop being a little *****.
Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

I am not questioning the news you posted. You are clearly the one asking for a safe space. Stop being a little *****.
"Stop the personal attacks. I won't respond to your poor behavior. You can disagree with someone without behaving like this."
calpoly
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

"Stop the personal attacks. I won't respond to your poor behavior. You can disagree with someone without behaving like this."

003 is just a conservative bully that continues to break the forum rules.
oski003
calpoly said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Unit2 clearly instigated this. Don't purposely be blind.
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

This is a personal attack. Thanks.
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

This is also a personal attack. Thanks.
Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

calpoly said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

calpoly said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

You attacked me because I questioned FDA approved treatments and vaccines in this thread. Get a grip.
concordtom
calpoly said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

I thought it was the liberals who were the bullies...
oski003
concordtom said:

calpoly said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

I thought it was the liberals who were the bullies...

It is. Thanks.
concordtom
Here. Just use this next time you want to say the word.
DiabloWags
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

It's shocking that OO3 doesnt even comply with his own mantra.
Guess he has one set of rules for others .... and another set for himself.
Hypocrite.
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
DiabloWags
In the meantime, Alec Baldwin was just charged with involuntary manslaughter in "Rust"

Alec Baldwin to be charged with involuntary manslaughter in 'Rust' film shooting (yahoo.com)
DiabloWags
oski003 said:

Hypocrites are gonna hypocrite.
So much for civil discourse and the opportunity and choice to respectfully disagree.
Cal88
DiabloWags said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Hypocrite.

More importantly, what are the implications of this affair on 003's professional prospects for the care and management of landscape activities in your property?
oski003
Here are some examples of bullying. These were said without provocation.

"This is a news thread, not a thread to discuss your pet conspiracy theories. Your friends in the anti-vax thread would probably love to do that with you."

"You're a reflexive contrarian so no one really cares what you claim to believe or assume. If I said the sky was blue you would argue with me.

If you cared to learn more (not clear that you do) you would see that he was ultimately cited for a missing front license plate. I feel free to assume that he didn't so something far worse which would cause these very fine gentleman to threaten him with an extra judicial killing for failure to comply.

On the other hand, maybe you've now turned over a new leaf and have stopped making assumptions in all areas on BI. I don't read the anti-vaxxer thread but I'm glad to hear you no longer claim that any young person or athlete who suffers any sort of injury must be connected to mRNA and must be a serious career-ending and life-threatening consequence. LOL, who are we kidding."

Responding to that nastiness by calling that poster a name (acting like one), after being told to go find a safe space, is not a good example of bullying. Thanks.
concordtom
DiabloWags said:

In the meantime, Alec Baldwin was just charged with involuntary manslaughter in "Rust"

Good luck finding a jury that will unanimously find him guilty for handling a prop gun as he was supposed to be doing for his job.

I'll be glad to try and be convinced!
concordtom
Cal88 said:

DiabloWags said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Hypocrite.

More importantly, what are the implications of this affair on 003's professional prospects for the care and management of landscape activities in your property?

Oh dear.
You're not very good at this, are you?
Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

"This is a news thread, not a thread to discuss your pet conspiracy theories. Your friends in the anti-vax thread would probably love to do that with you."

"You're a reflexive contrarian so no one really cares what you claim to believe or assume. If I said the sky was blue you would argue with me.

If you cared to learn more (not clear that you do) you would see that he was ultimately cited for a missing front license plate. I feel free to assume that he didn't so something far worse which would cause these very fine gentleman to threaten him with an extra judicial killing for failure to comply.

On the other hand, maybe you've now turned over a new leaf and have stopped making assumptions in all areas on BI. I don't read the anti-vaxxer thread but I'm glad to hear you no longer claim that any young person or athlete who suffers any sort of injury must be connected to mRNA and must be a serious career-ending and life-threatening consequence. LOL, who are we kidding."

Responding to that nastiness by calling that poster a name (acting like one), after being told to go find a safe space, is not a good example of bullying. Thanks.
"You do you"
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

"You do you"

You twisted the facts of an event and then argued as if those facts were true in support of your beliefs. That is what I meant by "you do you.". You certainly escalated it and responded viciously. That discussion ended more than a week ago. If you are still offended by "you do you" and feel the need to attack, berate, and bully because of it, you should take a break. Rather, I think you have a goal of bullying posters with views you don't like (a few others join you) in an effort to silence those views. "You do you" is merely a justification for your poor behavior.
movielover
Capitalism vs The Great Reset / Green New Deal

Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

"You do you"

You twisted the facts of an event and then argued as if those facts were true in support of your beliefs. That is what I meant by "you do you.". You certainly escalated it and responded viciously. That discussion ended more than a week ago. If you are still offended by "you do you" and feel the need to attack, berate, and bully because of it, you should take a break. Rather, I think you have a goal of bullying posters with views you don't like (a few others join you) in an effort to silence those views. "You do you" is merely a justification for your poor behavior.
calpoly
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

"You do you"

Stop playing the victim when you are the instigator. This act has gotten old....time to move on.
First Page Last Page
Page 135 of 337

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.