Breaking News

817,421 Views | 10637 Replies | Last: 35 min ago by bear2034
BearHunter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DiabloWags said:

dimitrig said:

What would be corrupt about that?

Nothing.
Theyve known each other for 40 years.

Meanwhile, Feinstein's Chinese spy driver only knew her for 20 years.
BearHunter
movielover said:

This peach has also been convicted of spousal abuse and multiple other felonies. George Soros DA Pamela Price running the show.

The attacker, the DA, and George Soros are all peaches.
oski003
DiabloWags said:

Trolls gotta troll.

Are you finally self aware?
movielover
Do you think he knew Fang Fang?
sycasey
dajo9 said:

Here's the thing. Transgender people in sports is being used as a cudgel against transgender people in general. They are using this narrow topic to win people over to their bigoted side. If transgender people were not allowed to compete in sports, they would find another way to attack transgender people. Don't fall for it.
Yes, but just wait until the floodgates open and we see tons of male athletes choosing to change their identities and spend a year taking hormones, all so they can join the highly lucrative world of women's sports (while also being vilified for it all over conservative media).

I understand the concern here, that there may need to be greater restrictions on trans athletes in some sports, but this idea that some large number of men are deliberately gaming the system to get into women's sports is ludicrous.
MinotStateBeav
Eastern Oregon Bear
MinotStateBeav said:

OK, which one of us on BI has been flapping their gums to the media about Bernie Sanders income?
BearHunter
movielover said:

Do you think he knew Fang Fang?

Not sure, but Eric Swalwell sure did.
Cal88
sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

Here's the thing. Transgender people in sports is being used as a cudgel against transgender people in general. They are using this narrow topic to win people over to their bigoted side. If transgender people were not allowed to compete in sports, they would find another way to attack transgender people. Don't fall for it.
Yes, but just wait until the floodgates open and we see tons of male athletes choosing to change their identities and spend a year taking hormones, all so they can join the highly lucrative world of women's sports (while also being vilified for it all over conservative media).

I understand the concern here, that there may need to be greater restrictions on trans athletes in some sports, but this idea that some large number of men are deliberately gaming the system to get into women's sports is ludicrous.

You only need a couple of dozen athletes to disrupt an entire sport. Just one trans athlete has managed to disrupt the world of NCAA swimming.
concordtom
Cal88 said:

Since this is a college sports site, you have to wonder how this is going to affect the NCAA arms race. It would only take a couple of trans athletes on a team to dominate NCAAW hoops.

There is now a path towards a scholarship and professional sports league for average biological male players if trans players are normalized, and the same applies in NCAAW and most other women's sports. You wonder if this is going to completely disrupt the women's tennis circuit, where the financial incentive is huge, a male player with an average to mediocre athletic potential could transition and dominate the sport.

And then, of course, the end is inevitable.

I mean, all it would take is for two 7' men to dress up like women, double twin towers, and 3 competent guards to defend the perimeter and lob them dunks.
They'd win the NCAA tournament, and that would set in motion the inevitable!!

Fear, FEAR the trannies!
They're coming to destroy life as we know it!!
concordtom
dimitrig said:

okaydo said:

It's always a dad. Mom must be horrified after viewing this.

Scooter aside, I never liked the baby on my back anyways. We did have a decent backup with external frame, but, nah. The Bjorne on the front is the way to go.
concordtom
oski003 said:

Cal88 said:

Since this is a college sports site, you have to wonder how this is going to affect the NCAA arms race. It would only take a couple of trans athletes on a team to dominate NCAAW hoops.

There is now a path towards a scholarship and professional sports league for average biological male players if trans players are normalized, and the same applies in NCAAW and most other women's sports. You wonder if this is going to completely disrupt the women's tennis circuit, where the financial incentive is huge, a male player with an average to mediocre athletic potential could transition and dominate the sport.

Navratilova wants to protect women's tennis.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11903643/amp/Martina-Navratilova-says-banning-trans-athletes-womens-events-step-right-direction.html

I think maybe there should be levels of competition where it's allowed and where it's not allowed. Anything up to 18, have at it!! That's all recreation for individual/personal development.

Where it starts getting dicey for me is professional, paid ranks. College is amateur, no?
concordtom
Cal88 said:

There is a political battle looming between 2nd generation feminists (which include members of the LGBT community like Navratilova or Camille Paglia) and 2020s woke culture advocates championing the trans movement who view biological males trans women competing in womens sports as a Promothean basic human right. I think the latter are going to win, them being at the forefront of the current social justice movement.

This will change the face of women's sports in the West (I guess literally as well as figuratively...)

Please shut up with the usage of the word "woke".
Anyone who uses that in their battle cry is a fugging idiot.

It's like, okay, I stopped reading right there.
concordtom
movielover said:

Eastern Oregon Bear said:

Cal88 said:

There is a political battle looming between 2nd generation feminists (which include members of the LGBT community like Navratilova or Camille Paglia) and 2020s woke culture advocates championing the trans movement who view biological males trans women competing in womens sports as a Promothean basic human right. I think the latter are going to win, them being at the forefront of the current social justice movement.

This will change the face of women's sports in the West (I guess literally as well as figuratively...)
Where is this huge wave of trans athletes dominating women's sports? I only see a few here and there with only occasional success at best. I seriously doubt anyone would transition just to do that.

Also, Renee Richards didn't change the landscape of women's tennis all those years ago.

We've just recently seen the wider occurrence of trans athletes, and though it appears the numbers are relatively small, they often dominate. It appears highly disproportional (male identifying as female).

Has a girl identifying as male ever dominated?

Honestly, why do you care?!?!?!?!
concordtom
bearister said:

Also, Renee Richards didn't change the landscape of women's tennis all those years ago.

Her autobiography, Tennis Without Balls, was a solid read.

It was pretty hard to get through.
concordtom
DiabloWags said:

Cal88 said:

Where is this huge wave of trans athletes dominating women's sports? I only see a few here and there with only occasional success at best. I seriously doubt anyone would transition just to do that.

It's still pretty early, I think the floodgates will start opening once there is a successful role model star trans athlete. In NCAAW BB, we could start seeing that once there are trans players coming out from HS, The colleges that will recruit them first will have a big step up over the competition.

The differential is very clear in sports like swimming or T&F, where the performance delta is readily quantified, but that differential is the same in sports like BB, soccer etc, where for instance the world champion USWMNT would get crushed by a decent boys' high school team.

Cool story.

Do you actually believe that a trans high school athlete just shows up in college and competes without making any changes?

You might want to do some homework in order to become better informed.

For starters, each sports National Governing Body makes the rules.
If there is no NGB, then the policy would be determined by that sport's international federation. And if there is no international federation, the policy would then be determined by the IOC.

Doesnt sound like you are actually aware of the Rules governing trans athletes.

For participation in last year's Winter and Spring Championships, documentation by an athlete had to include compliance with the 2010 NCAA policy, which stipulates ONE YEAR OF TESTOSTERONE SUPPRESSION TREATMENT.

How many Colleges do you know will be recruiting transgender athletes if they have to sit out a year on suppression meds?

Doesnt sound like a very economic way of utilizing one's scholarship funds.

Transgender Student-Athlete Participation Policy - NCAA.org

Yeah, Dork!

(Not you, DW. I'm talking to Cal88, that homo-trans-phobe!)
concordtom
Cal88 said:

DiabloWags said:

Cal88 said:

It's still pretty early, I think the floodgates will start opening once there is a successful role model star trans athlete. In NCAAW BB, we could start seeing that once there are trans players coming out from HS, The colleges that will recruit them first will have a big step up over the competition.

The differential is very clear in sports like swimming or T&F, where the performance delta is readily quantified, but that differential is the same in sports like BB, soccer etc, where for instance the world champion USWMNT would get crushed by a decent boys' high school team.

Cool story.

Do you actually believe that a trans high school athlete just shows up in college and competes without making any changes?

If there is no NGB, then the policy would be determined by that sport's international federation. And if there is no international federation, the policy would then be determined by the IOC.

For participation in last year's Winter and Spring Championships, documentation by an athlete had to include compliance with the 2010 NCAA policy, which stipulates ONE YEAR OF TESTOSTERONE SUPPRESSION TREATMENT.

How many Colleges do you know will be recruiting transgender athletes if they have to sit out a year on suppression meds?

Thomas went from a mediocre/average male swimmer at UPenn to D1 NCAAW champ after transitioning.

You'd have to be more braindead than a Pennsylvania senator to believe that Thomas didn't have the physiological advantages of a biological male in blowing out the field of women's swimming.

Sure he did.
He/she had a man's skeleton. Advantage.

But so what.
I really don't care!
UPenn womens swimming.
Don't care!
Doesn't affect me or you or anyone we know or will likely ever come into contact with. And this is not the same as not caring about innocent Iraqis killed in Desert Storm II who I will also never know.

It's not life and death.
It's seeing who can swim faster from one side of the pool to the other. In college. And do any of us really care????
concordtom
Cal88 said:

dimitrig said:

MinotStateBeav said:

What would be corrupt about that?

Yogi being unbanned on Twitter!

Yeah.
You know, sometimes I just remind myself that there are quite possibly some seriously mentally disturbed people I'm talking to here on BI. Sometimes best to just leave well alone and stop trying to have a rational discussion.

"Because they're out there."
oski003
concordtom said:

Cal88 said:

DiabloWags said:

Cal88 said:

Cool story.

Thomas went from a mediocre/average male swimmer at UPenn to D1 NCAAW champ after transitioning.

You'd have to be more braindead than a Pennsylvania senator to believe that Thomas didn't have the physiological advantages of a biological male in blowing out the field of women's swimming.

Sure he did.

But so what.
I really don't care!
UPenn womens swimming.
Don't care!
Doesn't affect me or you or anyone we know or will likely ever come into contact with. And this is not the same as not caring about innocent Iraqis killed in Desert Storm II who I will also never know.

It's not life and death.
It's seeing who can swim faster from one side of the pool to the other. In college. And do any of us really care????

For here on out, concordtom has declared all BI discussions must involve life and death.

Since this is a football site, we can start here.

concordtom
oski003 said:

concordtom said:

Cal88 said:

DiabloWags said:

Cal88 said:

Cool story.

Sure he did.

But so what.
I really don't care!
UPenn womens swimming.
Don't care!

It's not life and death.

For here on out, concordtom has declared all BI discussions must involve life and death.

Funny clip.
But, you know, what would actually happen if men transition and start competing in women's sports… it's not that guns would be pulled out in a life-n-death situation, but the women would start popping pills so they can out-man the men.

Okay, why don't you and the other lgtbq phobes just start all your lgbtq-phobic posts with a disclaimer acknowledging who you are. Then we can just bypass.

Or better yet, I can put those I don't like on Ignore. Yes, that's a better idea.

Movielover, goodbye!
Who's next?

PS: insane choice for lighting by the director. Must be going for the Caravaggio in a sound stage cinematography award.

oski003
concordtom said:

oski003 said:

concordtom said:

Cal88 said:

DiabloWags said:

Cal88 said:

Cool story.

Sure he did.

But so what.
I really don't care!
UPenn womens swimming.
Don't care!

It's not life and death.

Funny clip.
But, you know, what would actually happen if men transition and start competing in women's sports… it's not that guns would be pulled out in a life-n-death situation, but the women would start popping pills so they can out-man the men.

Okay, why don't you and the other lgtbq phobes just start all your lgbtq-phobic posts with a disclaimer acknowledging who you are. Then we can just bypass.

Or better yet, I can put those I don't like on Ignore. Yes, that's a better idea.

Movielover, goodbye!
Who's next?

PS: insane choice for lighting by the director. Must be going for the Caravaggio in a sound stage cinematography award.

You can certainly put people on ignore. It is not LGBTQ phobic to post concerns about biological men competing with women in sports. If anything, it is so clearly and obviously wrong, it is easy to discuss. It is nearly black and white while other trans issues are fairly gray. It is unfortunate that misguided trans advocates are ruining women's sports.
sycasey
oski003 said:

concordtom said:

oski003 said:

concordtom said:

Cal88 said:

DiabloWags said:

Cal88 said:

Cool story.

Sure he did.

But so what.
I really don't care!
UPenn womens swimming.
Don't care!

It's not life and death.

Funny clip.

Movielover, goodbye!
Who's next?

You can certainly put people on ignore. It is not LGBTQ phobic to post concerns about biological men competing with women in sports. If anything, it is so clearly and obviously wrong, it is easy to discuss. It is nearly black and white while other trans issues are fairly gray. It is unfortunate that misguided trans advocates are ruining women's sports.

No, this one is also fairly gray. If a trans woman athlete has been taking hormones, doing surgeries, etc., that will reduce their athletic performance. That's not in dispute. The questions are over HOW MUCH reduction there is and if there is still too much unfair advantage remaining (and the advantage might also be different for different sports). Also, there are going to be differences depending on WHEN you started the physical transition process. Pre puberty or post?

Not black and white at all. And a lot of this needs more study, because . . . well, there just haven't been a lot of historical examples to measure.
DiabloWags
concordtom said:

Where it starts getting dicey for me is professional, paid ranks. College is amateur, no?

College hasnt been amateur for awhile now.
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
oski003
sycasey said:

oski003 said:

concordtom said:

oski003 said:

concordtom said:

Cal88 said:

DiabloWags said:

Cal88 said:

Cool story.

Sure he did.

But so what.
I really don't care!
UPenn womens swimming.
Don't care!

It's not life and death.

Funny clip.

Movielover, goodbye!
Who's next?

No, this one is also fairly gray. If a trans woman athlete has been taking hormones, doing surgeries, etc., that will reduce their athletic performance. That's not in dispute. The questions are over HOW MUCH reduction there is and if there is still too much unfair advantage remaining (and the advantage might also be different for different sports). Also, there are going to be differences depending on WHEN you started the physical transition process. Pre puberty or post?

Not black and white at all. And a lot of this needs more study, because . . . well, there just haven't been a lot of historical examples to measure.

Add one or two trans divisions. This is fairly black and white. Perhaps one could be for biological men who transitioned relatively early and have reduced most of the gender advantages. The other could be for those who haven't done so. Or they could just be in one division. Problem solved.
movielover
DiabloWags
Cant help but notice that not a single poster here that acts like they "know" everything .... has never mentioned the 2010 NCAA Policy stipulating the requirement of hormone suppression meds for an entire year + testing of those levels.

The suggestion that a NCAA D-1 program would offer a scholarship to a transgender athlete out of high school who has to sit out a full year taking meds, is absurd.

If this was realistic, we would have seen a scholarship offered by now during the last dozen years. But we havent.

But Cal88 would tell you different.
Lolz.

dimitrig
oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

concordtom said:

oski003 said:

concordtom said:

Cal88 said:

DiabloWags said:

Cal88 said:

Cool story.

Sure he did.

But so what.
I really don't care!
UPenn womens swimming.
Don't care!

It's not life and death.

Funny clip.

Movielover, goodbye!
Who's next?

Add one or two trans divisions. This is fairly black and white. Perhaps one could be for biological men who transitioned relatively early and have reduced most of the gender advantages. The other could be for those who haven't done so. Or they could just be in one division. Problem solved.

There aren't enough trans athletes to create such a division which is why this is so stupid.

As for the athletes themselves, I think it is very selfish of them to continue competing at the highest levels as their new gender.

concordtom
oski003 said:

concordtom said:

oski003 said:

concordtom said:

Cal88 said:

DiabloWags said:

Cal88 said:

Cool story.

Sure he did.

But so what.
I really don't care!
UPenn womens swimming.
Don't care!

It's not life and death.

Funny clip.

Movielover, goodbye!
Who's next?

The questions regarding sporting competition is valid, and I have no problem discussing them.

The problem is that BI members post all kinds of trans and gay phobic nonsense mixed in with that debate. It's akin to hate speech, and yes, I hate them for it.
concordtom
DiabloWags said:

concordtom said:

College hasnt been amateur for awhile now.

Certainly not for basketball or football.
But that's been the NCAA-monopoly's little secret, hasn't it?
movielover
concordtom said:

movielover said:

Cal88 said:

We've just recently seen the wider occurrence of trans athletes, and though it appears the numbers are relatively small, they often dominate. It appears highly disproportional (male identifying as female).

Has a girl identifying as male ever dominated?

Honestly, why do you care?!?!?!?!

Fairness. The photo of the swimmers w Lia Thomas is telling, and wasn't widely distributed.
concordtom
oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

concordtom said:

oski003 said:

concordtom said:

Cal88 said:

DiabloWags said:

Cal88 said:

Cool story.

Sure he did.

But so what.
I really don't care!
UPenn womens swimming.
Don't care!

It's not life and death.

Funny clip.

Movielover, goodbye!
Who's next?

We'll fly in the 1 swimmer from PA and the 2 in TX to join the 3 in California. It'll be the Big Race, 30 seconds across the pool, after tens of thousands of dollars in transportation costs.

Sorry, come up with another remedy to your problem.
DiabloWags
dimitrig said:

oski003 said:

There aren't enough trans athletes to create such a division which is why this is so stupid.

Bingo.

Im not surprised that Oski thinks there are enough transgender athletes to support an Open Division in the NCAA. He's terribly out of touch. That's why I have him back on ignore.
concordtom
Thx for posting again, so I could block you.
Why didn't I do that long ago?!?

I'm so sick of your crap postings!!!
You stick like cow manure.
Goodbye.
concordtom
dimitrig said:

oski003 said:

sycasey said:

oski003 said:

concordtom said:

oski003 said:

concordtom said:

Cal88 said:

DiabloWags said:

Cal88 said:

Cool story.

Sure he did.

But so what.
I really don't care!
UPenn womens swimming.
Don't care!

It's not life and death.

Funny clip.

Movielover, goodbye!
Who's next?

As for the athletes themselves, I think it is very selfish of them to continue competing at the highest levels as their new gender.

Agreed.
But who cares for high school. If some guy wants to run around the track with girls, let him!
DiabloWags
It goes to the "integrity" of sport Tom.

Should be obvious, no matter what level of competition.

You may not give a damn about high school competition, but thats irrelevant. Im pretty sure the high school athletes care.

The IOC (no longer allows it) at the Olympic level, so why should it be allowed at the high school level?
First Page Last Page
Page 178 of 304

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.