Breaking News

787,516 Views | 10485 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by bearister
sycasey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DiabloWags said:

sycasey said:

DiabloWags said:

sycasey said:

Cal88 said:

Of course that article from "Science" magazine will quote activist academics who will claim that Lia Thomas has had no physiological advantages of being a biological male in crushing the NCAAW field...
She won one event.

Yup.
Never mind that it may have been a "down" year in the Women's 500 Free.

It was. They didn't come close to setting any new records.

And look, I can see how someone who went through male puberty and transitioned to being a woman (doing all the medical steps too) might have an unfair advantage in this sport. But the way people exaggerate how well Lia Thomas did is ridiculous. Her times are not wildly out of line with what cis women have done. It's obviously part of a broader political agenda, not borne out of legitimate concern for women's sports.

You are correct.

You can tell the people here that actually "know" something about the Sport that is being discussed... as opposed to the political "hacks" here.

Thank you for your informed input.

I'm not even an expert in women's swimming! I just went out and did a bit of research once this became a big story and found that almost everything about it had been wildly exaggerated. Just like it always is now whenever a trans person is involved.
DiabloWags
Yup.

To the point where someone here thinks there are ENOUGH TRANSGENDER ATHLETES in the NCAA to have their own open division.

Lmfao.

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
movielover
The photos of the physical differences weren't exaggerated, they were often omitted. I also saw a clip of Lia Thomas swimming, and it looks like she's not even using her legs.

I followed the link provided by Chloe Cole, and it's both enlightening and disheartening.

Apparently, for teenagers, most countries follow the strategy of "watchful waiting" for children with gender dysphoria or GNC.

Meanwhile, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) mistated the clinical research, and conflated sexual orientation (ineffective conversion therapy) with teenage gender dysphoria! Our AAP allefedly supports 'gender affirming care' despite what the research reveals.

DiabloWags
concordtom said:

DiabloWags said:

For the people that arent up to date...

https://www.science.org/content/article/world-athletics-banned-transgender-women-competing-does-science-support-rule

And who have never heard of 3 time World Champion and 2 time Olympic Gold Medalist in the 800m, Caster Semenya.

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20220720-semenya-welcome-at-world-champs-says-coe

If I understand the Caster Semanya situation, it's ENTIRELY different!!
She was born a hermaphrodite. Female parts, make hormones. No?

I'm not sure what the DNA record would say but a
He's a great example of the reality that gender (physical or mental) is not binary (either A or B).

And aren't we all curious about Britney Griner, too?

I think the point the "left" wants to make has nothing to do with sporting competition and everything to do with just letting people be who they want to be.

The right can't stand it, and I don't understand why. Are their brains so small?
We simply don't have all the answers to biology, or the universe, at this time.

Some say that what (little data we have) says that taking hormone suppression meds for one year is sufficient. Others say that 2 years is needed to neutralize any advantage.

And yes, Semenya is most unique.

Semenya is an intersex woman,with 5-Reductase 2 deficiency, assigned female at birth, with XY chromosomes and natural heterogametic testosterone level.

The World Athletics governing body (formerly IAAF) told her that she would need to take suppression meds in order to continue to compete in the 800m. She said the meds made her feel sick, so the only way that she could continue to compete was to enter the 5000m, which is obviously a totally different event than her native 800.

I feel bad for her.
Her personal medical info should have never been released.
oski003
DiabloWags said:

Yup.

To the point where someone here thinks there are ENOUGH TRANSGENDER ATHLETES in the NCAA to have their own open division.

Lmfao.

Yes, they can certainly compete. Perhaps more would compete if there was a trans division. Thanks.
oski003
DiabloWags said:

sycasey said:

DiabloWags said:

sycasey said:

Cal88 said:

Of course that article from "Science" magazine will quote activist academics who will claim that Lia Thomas has had no physiological advantages of being a biological male in crushing the NCAAW field...
She won one event.

Yup.

And look, I can see how someone who went through male puberty and transitioned to being a woman (doing all the medical steps too) might have an unfair advantage in this sport. But the way people exaggerate how well Lia Thomas did is ridiculous. Her times are not wildly out of line with what cis women have done. It's obviously part of a broader political agenda, not borne out of legitimate concern for women's sports.

You are correct.

You can tell the people here that actually "know" something about the Sport that is being discussed... as opposed to the political "hacks" here.

He doesn't know much about women's swimming. He just agrees with you, and you like that. You really really do.
DiabloWags
Looks like the guy that KNOWS that Ive put him on ignore....is still replying to me.

Its the 3rd time today he's replied to me.
He must be lonely.

I didnt know that I "rented" so much FREE space in his head.

Strange.

sycasey
movielover said:

The photos of the physical differences weren't exaggerated, they were often omitted. I also saw a clip of Lia Thomas swimming, and it looks like she's not even using her legs.

Thank you for getting right down to the core of it and admitting that you just think Lia Thomas LOOKS weird while competing as a woman. It has nothing to do with scientific evidence or fair competition, it just looks weird to you and sets off alarm bells in your mind.

That's really what this is about, isn't it? Conservative disgust at trans people existing in the world. It was the same with the gays, back in the 90s and 00s. Now gay people don't scare voters anymore, so you've got the new boogeyman. I see your game.
oski003
DiabloWags said:

Looks like the guy that KNOWS that Ive put him on ignore....is still replying to me.

Its the 3rd time today he's replied to me.
He must be lonely.

I didnt know that I "rented" so much FREE space in his head.

Strange.

I will respond to you when you are talking about me. Thanks.
Unit2Sucks
DiabloWags said:

sycasey said:

DiabloWags said:

sycasey said:

She won one event.

Yup.

You are correct.

By far the vast majority of people complaining about trans people competing in sports wouldn't be caught dead watching women's sports.

If we made a venn diagram of (x) people complaining about Title IX being a sham for years and (y) people complaining about trans athletes right now, it would be one circle.

On the one hand, I guess it's cool having some people now pretend they care about women and their athletics but you have to really try hard to pretend this is anything other than transphobia overcoming their misogyny.
movielover
sycasey said:

movielover said:

Thank you for getting right down to the core of it and admitting that you just think Lia Thomas LOOKS weird while competing as a woman. It has nothing to do with scientific evidence or fair competition, it just looks weird to you and sets off alarm bells in your mind.

That's really what this is about, isn't it? Conservative disgust at trans people existing in the world. It was the same with the gays, back in the 90s and 00s. Now gay people don't scare voters anymore, so you've got the new boogeyman. I see your game.

No, you're a Hate Baiter and looking to create new Victims. Lia Thomas is no Victim.

The photos show:

- a dramatic difference in height
- in shoulders
- in hand size (key in moving through water)

Conservatives often are evidence based, while Progressives run on emotion, identity politics, and Victimhood. Their new obsession appears to be pushing radical surgeries and drag shows on children. I don't call those compassionate.

If Ned in accounting wants to become Nadine, fine. FWIW, another acquaintance told me her son is "trans"... likes girls, but desired low-level estrogen (which he was given). And another trans person who appears to be hiding from work and life. Since when did teens dictate medical treatment?

sycasey
movielover said:

sycasey said:

movielover said:

No, you're a Hate Baiter and looking to create new Victims. Lia Thomas is no Victim.

The photos show:

- a dramatic difference in height
- in shoulders
- in hand size (key in moving through water)

Conservatives often are evidence based, while Progressives run on emotion, identity politics, and Victimhood. Their new obsession appears to be pushing radical surgeries and drag shows on children. I don't call those compassionate.

If Ned in accounting wants to become Nadine, fine. FWIW, another acquaintance told me her son is "trans"... likes girls, but desired low-level estrogen (which he was given). And another trans person who appears to be hiding from work and life. Since when did teens dictate medical treatment?

The "evidence based" guy who goes entirely on physical appearance. LOL.
Big C
movielover said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11731777/Trans-swimmer-Lia-Thomas-dropped-pants-exposed-male-genitalia-womens-locker-room.html

The only people who would read the title of this link and then click on it are weirdos who are titillated by weird-azz s***.

Wake up and get a non-weirdo life, sheeple!
DiabloWags
Yesterday at the North Coast Section "Meet of Champions"....formerly held at Edwards Stadium.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/transgender-california-high-school-runner-athena-ryan-2nd-place-finish-girls-race-draws-backlash

The Top 3 go to the State Meet.
Transgirl Athena Ryan of Sonoma Academy takes 2nd in the Girls 1600m.
She was running on the Boys team up until 2021.

1 Hanne Thomsen - Montgomery 4:51.77
2 Athena Ryan - Sononma Acadeny 4:55.91
3 Ellie Buckley - Campolindo 4:56.22
4 Adeline Johnson - Branson 4:58.63

Hanne Thompsen from Montgomery is the NEXT BIG THING. Only a Sophomore.
She'll be doubling at State in the 1600/3200m.

She won the State 3200m title last year as a Freshman!
Ran 10:07.06 indoors in Boston in March.
A California record.

Athena Ryan goes from 4th to 2nd in final 100m of 1600m | CIF-North Coast Section Meet of Champions (milesplit.com)

DiabloWags
movielover said:

Conservatives often are evidence based, while Progressives run on emotion, identity politics, and Victimhood.

Yes, Marjorie Taylor Greene is certainly evidence based.

Open mouth.
Insert foot.

concordtom
Big C said:

movielover said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11731777/Trans-swimmer-Lia-Thomas-dropped-pants-exposed-male-genitalia-womens-locker-room.html

The only people who would read the title of this link and then click on it are weirdos who are titillated by weird-azz s***.

Wake up and get a non-weirdo life, sheeple!

Hahaha
I didn't even read the link - because said weirdo is BLOCKED, for being too weird.
movielover
Ray Epps, aka bullhorn man (one of two) apparently orchestrating the J6 Capitol events. He was on the FBIs "Ten Most Wanted" list for a few days, then mysteriously scrubbed off.

Epps played a prominent on-the-ground role on J5 and J6, telling Trump supporters they needed to "go into the Capitol". I believe there are clips of Trump supporters immediately yelling out "FED, FED, FED!"

Epps' first lawyer was John Blischak, a 9-year veteran of the FBI. Epps' new lawyer is Michael Teter, with more ties to the Swamp. (Source: Revolver News)

FTR

movielover
movielover
calbear93
movielover said:

Yeah, that sounds like a winner.
DiabloWags
The NCAA Record Holder in the Men's Discus will begin his quest for another title at the NCAA Western Regionals at Sac State this Friday at 1:00 PM.

Tickets are $15.00

Cal Track and Field: Mykolas Alekna Continues Remarkable Ascent in the Discus (msn.com)

Dad holds the record for the longest throw at the Olympics!
Virgilijus was a 2-time Olympic gold medalist
2000 and 2004

He's #2 All Time on the World List with a throw of 242-5

His son holds the NCAA Record of 232-11

Mykolas turned 20 last Fall.

movielover

Investigative journalist Andy Ngo alleges that in his research into crime and violence, he's seeing a lot of alleged perps are trans.
BearHunter
DiabloWags
Sexual abuser Buddies.

Cal88
That wasn't the Pesident that took 26 trips on the Lolita Express...
sycasey
All right, you guys have convinced me: I won't vote for Bill Clinton.
movielover
movielover
Big C
movielover said:

So sick of coddling bad guys... We need to keep the criminals in prison and give the non-criminals assault rifles (even though all the criminals would be in prison)!
movielover
movielover
movielover
movielover
movielover said:

movielover
I guess the DNC didn't take all the $$$.

movielover
First Page Last Page
Page 180 of 300

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.