Breaking News

978,681 Views | 11767 Replies | Last: 51 sec ago by movielover
Goldener Bar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dajo9 said:

Goldener Bar said:

The Reason article above had a great bit on the stupidity of this entire charade

Quote:

Ultimately, the Durham report represents one more entry in a sad, symbiotically conspiratorial, paranoid juncture in American politics. Democrats spent years convincing themselves of an elaborate Trump-Russia conspiracy and, when given the opportunity, used the levers of government to try and prove it even when the evidence wasn't there. Republicans rightfully repudiated this.

But they didn't stop there, instead concocting a broad-based and elaborate conspiracy involving the Clinton campaign, Robert Mueller, and the "Deep State." And given the opportunity to use government power to try and prove this equally nonsensical conspiracy, they took it. On both sides, there was bad behavior and sketchy dealings, to be sure. Both the Mueller and Durham investigations revealed that. But nothing uncovered the elaborate fantasies of evil and massive corruption that either side concocted.

Actually, no, Mueller getting convictions and asset forfeitures to the Federal government is truly paying for itself. You are engaging in a lot of spin there.
I would say that it is you who is trying to spin the wasted money on the Mueller investigation because you want to say the Durham Report was wasted money, but you can't unless you pretend it was free.

Quote:

As are the light-on-facts, opinion articles you post. I posted specific Trump/Russia actions that concern me. You ignored them.
I don't know what actions you're complaining about, but knowing that every Russia collusion conspiracy theorist believes in the same narrative, I doubt there's anything original there. When you can produce a pee tape, find evidence of actual illicit activity between the Trump campaign and Alfa Bank, explain "Russian bots" that were actually Americans, explain why the Investigator General confirmed everything in the Nunes memo, explain why Dianne Feinstein and Adam Schiff relied on a since debunked Russian bot detection program called Hamilton 68 to spread lies about Russian interference, explain the lack of proof that Russia actually hacked the DNC e-mail server, explain the so-called hacked Vermont utility company, and explain why the media insisted the Steele dossier was funded by the Republicans when it was actually funded by the Clinton campaign, explain how Konstatin Kolimnik is affilated with the Russian government when he is actually a U.S. information source, and justify the lie about Russian bounties in Afghanistan, then maybe I will deign to care about $250,000 worth of Russian social media ads and 140 so-called contacts with Russian nationals and whatever else you think supports this failed narrative.

Until that time when you can answer for even 25% of the above, I'm really just not all that interested in your light-on-facts narrative and your concerns.
Cal88
movielover said:

This kind of stuff normalizes US-style dysfunctional healthcare. In much of Europe (including Russia...) nobody has to raise money to finance a boy's life-saving surgery, the state provides coverage.

Poland is now spending 4% of its GDP on its military, so perhaps that is the reason they can't fund their healthcare system like France, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Sweden etc...

https://notesfrompoland.com/2023/01/31/poland-to-spend-4-of-gdp-on-defence-this-year-highest-current-level-in-nato/
movielover
Our health care system is a mess. The system, our lifestyle, and 40+ million illegal immigrants, many using ERs as their hospital of choice are major factors. How many west coast hospitals shut down because of non payment / non reimbursement by illegal immigrants?

As an aside, I saw a report from Israel that said they couldn't find a healthy person with no underlying
comorbidities between 18 and 65 who died from Covid.
Big C
You should start a thread about our healthcare system! It would elicit a lot of posts and engender a good discussion.
dajo9
Goldener Bar said:

dajo9 said:

Goldener Bar said:

The Reason article above had a great bit on the stupidity of this entire charade

Quote:

Ultimately, the Durham report represents one more entry in a sad, symbiotically conspiratorial, paranoid juncture in American politics. Democrats spent years convincing themselves of an elaborate Trump-Russia conspiracy and, when given the opportunity, used the levers of government to try and prove it even when the evidence wasn't there. Republicans rightfully repudiated this.

But they didn't stop there, instead concocting a broad-based and elaborate conspiracy involving the Clinton campaign, Robert Mueller, and the "Deep State." And given the opportunity to use government power to try and prove this equally nonsensical conspiracy, they took it. On both sides, there was bad behavior and sketchy dealings, to be sure. Both the Mueller and Durham investigations revealed that. But nothing uncovered the elaborate fantasies of evil and massive corruption that either side concocted.

Actually, no, Mueller getting convictions and asset forfeitures to the Federal government is truly paying for itself. You are engaging in a lot of spin there.
I would say that it is you who is trying to spin the wasted money on the Mueller investigation because you want to say the Durham Report was wasted money, but you can't unless you pretend it was free.

Quote:

As are the light-on-facts, opinion articles you post. I posted specific Trump/Russia actions that concern me. You ignored them.
I don't know what actions you're complaining about, but knowing that every Russia collusion conspiracy theorist believes in the same narrative, I doubt there's anything original there. When you can produce a pee tape, find evidence of actual illicit activity between the Trump campaign and Alfa Bank, explain "Russian bots" that were actually Americans, explain why the Investigator General confirmed everything in the Nunes memo, explain why Dianne Feinstein and Adam Schiff relied on a since debunked Russian bot detection program called Hamilton 68 to spread lies about Russian interference, explain the lack of proof that Russia actually hacked the DNC e-mail server, explain the so-called hacked Vermont utility company, and explain why the media insisted the Steele dossier was funded by the Republicans when it was actually funded by the Clinton campaign, explain how Konstatin Kolimnik is affilated with the Russian government when he is actually a U.S. information source, and justify the lie about Russian bounties in Afghanistan, then maybe I will deign to care about $250,000 worth of Russian social media ads and 140 so-called contacts with Russian nationals and whatever else you think supports this failed narrative.

Until that time when you can answer for even 25% of the above, I'm really just not all that interested in your light-on-facts narrative and your concerns.

The Mueller investigation paid for itself and the factual Trump / Russia issues I already noted and that you want to ignore are very problematic.
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
movielover
It helped further out our corrupt FBI, DOJ, CIA and NSA.
movielover
MinotStateBeav
Law is white supremacy.

Big C
MinotStateBeav said:

Law is white supremacy.

Other aspects of white supremacist culture (according to the hyper-progressive wing of my kids' school district):

- striving too hard for excellence
- urgency (asking for promptness in completing assignments)
- overemphasis on the written word (less reading and writing, please!)

You can't make this stuff up. Well, maybe you could, but I am not.
Cal88
Punctuality is also the hallmark of white supremacy, according to this Stanford academic review article:

Human Rights
The Bias of 'Professionalism' Standards

Professionalism has become coded language for white favoritism in workplace practices that more often than not privilege the values of white and Western employees and leave behind people of color.

By Aysa Gray Jun. 4, 2019

The standards of professionalism, according to American grassroots organizer-scholars Tema Okun and Keith Jones, are heavily defined by white supremacy cultureor the systemic, institutionalized centering of whiteness. In the workplace, white supremacy culture explicitly and implicitly privileges whiteness and discriminates against non-Western and non-white professionalism standards related to dress code, speech, work style, and timeliness.

We are taught to identify white supremacy with violent segregationist groups such as the Ku Klux Klan and their modern-day equivalents. Okun and Jones, however, introduce a different approach to thinking about white supremacy. In their definition, the term describes a series of characteristics that institutionalize whiteness and Westernness as both normal and superior to other ethnic, racial, and regional identities and customs. While people often don't view this theorization of white supremacy as violent, it can lead to systemic discrimination and physical violence."

https://ssir.org/articles/entry/the_bias_of_professionalism_standards
movielover
Insanity.
Big C

Here's what I would say to the far left (and the far right):

When 2/3+ of Americans laugh in your face and/or shake their heads in disgust...

+ take a step back (and a deep breath)
+ realize that you might not have all the answers...
+ ...and rethink things. It's possible that you are right and that you're ahead of your time. But likely not.
oski003
oski003 said:

oski003 said:

oski003 said:

Should she be first place in the transgender category or first place in the women's category? Is this fair to biological women?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2023/03/23/transgender-cyclist-wins-nyc-womens-race/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-12033457/amp/From-born-man-Queen-Mountains-Trans-cyclist-romps-victory-womens-race.html

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/trans-cyclist-picks-up-overall-victory-tour-of-the-gila.amp

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/cycling-team-parts-ways-olympian-inga-thompson-call-protest-ucis-transgender-athlete-policy.amp

Result of the other woman's race won by a different biological man. Olympian Inga Thompson gets too political in protest of this and gets the boot.

Biological female cyclists are so anti-woke. Cancel them!

"Women refuse to stand at winner's podium after transgender cyclist finishes in first place in women's category"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/women-refuse-to-stand-at-winner-s-podium-after-transgender-cyclist-finishes-in-first-place-in-women-s-category/ar-AA1bqo5A?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=97c2848139b84f3aaefe4c07110418ef&ei=19

Father of high school female skier who lost state title to transgender says competition 'not fair' for girls

"These kids, they are kids, [and] live in the world adults have created. I don't blame the winning athlete. This is a failure at the administrative level and higher," he said.

"I'll point out the obvious: you ruin women's sports by allowing males to compete in women's sports."

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/father-high-school-female-skier-lost-state-title-transgender-says-competition-not-fair-girls.amp
dimitrig
movielover said:

This happened in 2021. Breaking news?
dimitrig
movielover said:

How many west coast hospitals shut down because of non payment / non reimbursement by illegal immigrants?

I don't know. How many?

If I had to guess I would say zero because I can only think of one hospital I know of that closed and that wasn't the reason, but I honestly have no idea.
AunBear89
He doesn't have any idea, he's just pulling things out of his anse and hoping we're even dumber than he.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
DiabloWags
Maria is a rare individual.

She also battled cancer.
In the Fall of 2018, she was diagnosed with osteroscarcoma (a type of bone cancer) that has since gone in remission.

"I am a brave animal. I didnt give up for a moment"

Tokyo Silver Medalist.

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
DiabloWags
dimitrig said:

This happened in 2021. Breaking news?

The surgery on his heart was successful, but he passed away a few months later.
movielover
dimitrig
movielover said:

AMENDMENT XIV. Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside

dajo9
movielover said:

I support his proposed change. I generally support stricter immigration policy than we have had for the last several decades.

But Trump knows his supporters are too stupid to know that what he is talking about requires a constitutional amendment. That it was put there to prevent Southern whites from denying citizenship to freed blacks.

Also, I could never support Trump's bigoted messaging on the issue.
movielover
Would you consider Congress members who studied the issue and concluded we needed a five-year Moratorium on all immigration also to be racists?
dajo9
movielover said:

Would you consider Congress members who studied the issue and concluded we needed a five-year Moratorium on all immigration also to be racists?

It's not the policy, it's the messaging. But Trump supporters love that messaging.
movielover
movielover
movielover
movielover
oskidunker
Today we are treated to bay area news hammering us about EluzabethTheranos going to jail. Who cares? There must some more important news. Maybe its better than the endless shootings news. I cannonly watch BBC
Go Bears!
Unit2Sucks
Does anyone else remember when the GOP used to pretend that Tara Reade was a credible witness who would take down Biden lol? And when she was criticized, they sent their corrupt media cronies like Glenn Greenwald to defend her and feign outrage over her treatment?

Guess how that turned out.

MinotStateBeav
Glenn Greenwald posted about Wiki-Leaks too, and is a pretty great reporter over all. Meanwhile you're sending us garbage from that Caraballo thing who got obliterated in congress and Don Moynaclown haha.

Caraballo in congress..
MinotStateBeav
Men are leaving the college option..

Seems like its effecting the UK too, saw a commenter say in England its about 60 40 female to male.
DiabloWags
Is that why Movielover is here?
Big C
MinotStateBeav said:

Seems like its effecting the UK too, saw a commenter say in England its about 60 40 female to male.

At what age is somebody considered too old to go back to college? Asking for a friend...
movielover
Decades of anti-male moves and rhetoric. Duh. Meanwhile ...

dimitrig
Big C said:

MinotStateBeav said:

At what age is somebody considered too old to go back to college? Asking for a friend...

Co-eds are more likely to get busy with each other these days than with a man - if they have sex at all. It's not a thing kids these days are into.
First Page Last Page
Page 184 of 337

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.