Breaking News

862,335 Views | 10889 Replies | Last: 15 hrs ago by bear2034
BearHunter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DiabloWags said:

Delusional.

Bill Barr was appointed by Trump.
Christopher Wray was appointed by Trump.
Just like U.S. Delaware Attorney David Weiss was appointed by Trump.
Chris Christie was appointed by Trump as part of Trump's transition team.

I could go on and on but it's not worth my time.
You're narrative about The Swamp has been repeatedly proven to be FALSE

Trump hires the BEST people!

And you see these guys invited on mainstream news networks all the time. Chris Christie is a regular fixture on ABC.

S W A M P C R E A T U R E S
DiabloWags
BearHunter said:

DiabloWags said:

Delusional.

Bill Barr was appointed by Trump.
Christopher Wray was appointed by Trump.
Just like U.S. Delaware Attorney David Weiss was appointed by Trump.
Chris Christie was appointed by Trump as part of Trump's transition team.

I could go on and on but it's not worth my time.
You're narrative about The Swamp has been repeatedly proven to be FALSE

Trump hires the BEST people!

And you see these guys invited on mainstream news networks all the time. Chris Christie is a regular fixture on ABC.

S W A M P C R E A T U R E S

ALL APPOINTED BY DONALD J. TRUMP!

BearHunter
Well, it seems like you're making the argument Donald Trump should appoint only MAGA people in 2024. I agree. The last 7 years revealed a lot.
DiabloWags
BearHunter said:

Well, it seems like you're making the argument Donald Trump should appoint only MAGA people in 2024. I agree. The last 7 years revealed a lot.

No, I'm simply suggesting that you have no idea what you're talking about.
They were ALL TRUMP APPOINTEES.

Shocking, but true.
BearHunter
Quote:

Shocking, but true.

You know it's true.
movielover
dimitrig said:

tequila4kapp said:

dimitrig said:

Why do people hate Hillary Clinton?

I suspect it is because she's a strong woman and people fear strong women.

If you classify her with a jackass game show host like Trump you probably shouldn't be voting. Our country would be so much better off today if a few more people would have voted for her and Trump went back to his game show.
Yeah, you nailed it. HRC is perfect. She is warm and friendly and everyone should love her. The ONLY reason anyone could even feign disdain in her general direction is misogyny, especially toward "strong" women. Jesus, what a stupid take, even by stupid OT standards.

Why don't you answer the question?

I don't want a warm and friendly President.

If Hillary was a man she would have won.

What modern American WH candidate called 40-50% of the potential voters "deplorables"? Smart? These were read remarks from her written script. Idiot.

Same woman who gifted for millions didn't pull construction permits on two homes in upstate New York. Cheap too.
DiabloWags
movielover
BearHunter said:

DiabloWags said:

U.S. Attorney David Weiss was appointed by DONALD TRUMP.

Trump only hires the BEST PEOPLE!

Lmfao.
The swamp protects itself.

1. Merrick Garland picked Robert Hur.

2. Robert Hur was the longtime protg of Chris Wray.

3. Chris Wray was the longtime protg of Rod Rosenstein, Obama's only 8-year Bush 43 U.S. Attorney holdover.

4. Robert Hur became the protg of Deputy AG Rod Rosenstein, who managed Mueller probe against President Trump.

5. Chris Wray was also the longtime protg of James Comey, who Wray replaced as FBI Director when President Trump fired Comey.

6. Bill Barr, who clearly hates Trump, picked Durham and Weiss.

7. Chris Christie recommended Bill Barr to Trump.

8. Merrick Garland controls both Special Counsel investigations:

a. Jack Smith (Trump's lawful possession of his presidential records)

b. Rob Hur (Biden's unlawful possession of stolen classified records from Obama and Senate)

Has Hunter converted?
calbear93
concordtom said:

If you want to get into prostitution /women comparisons with Hunter and Trump, pffft! Trump is far more guilty in this area of life.

If you want to get into comparisons about cheating on taxes, Trump is far more guilty in this comparison of life.

I'm shocked you are trying to equate the two.
You are so blinded by Trump that you only see things from the lens of Trump vs non-Trump.

If a serial killer said he doesn't like Trump, you will find a reason why the serial killer is not bad.

My point about his prostitution and enablement of human trafficking by Russians is that he actually had prior bad acts that are considered when determining sentencing.

Inner city kids without any priors are getting jail time with possession being the most serious charge.

I am not comparing with Trump. My world does not revolve around Trump vs. non-Trump like you.

My brain can actually function, and I can say that Trump deserves to go jail while also saying that Hunter Biden deserves to go to jail. Saying that Hunter is a rich person and, therefore, of course he will be given privilege is no more acceptable to me than saying of course Trump should not go to jail as a rich former president.

And if you think lying to get a gun is OK, then what the **** are we talking about more gun control and back ground check. Apparently it's all a joke.
DiabloWags
calbear93 said:

My point about his prostitution and enablement of human trafficking by Russians is that he actually had prior bad acts that are considered when determining sentencing.

Hunter Biden hasnt been sentenced yet.
A judge makes that decision.
movielover
What does President Trump deserve to go to jail for. Beating Hillary and the Globalists?
calbear93
movielover said:

What does President Trump deserve to go to jail for. Beating Hillary and the Globalists?
Apparently you just woke up from a deep, 10 year sleep. Will give you some time to catch up on the last few years.

Apparently (I know this will be a shocker), it is a crime to WILLFULLY possess some of our most sensitive information necessary to keep our country safe (i.e., made it known that he was in possession, then he chose not to surrender them when asked as opposed to negligent possession like Biden or Pence who then turned them over), obstruct law enforcement from investigation (who knew that was a crime?), and lying through false statements to government officials. I mean Clinton lying about sex apparently was a crime worthy of impeachment but this is only lying about our country's security in the middle of some of the worst geopolitical climate.

But apparently rich people don't deserve to go to jail, so maybe Trump will be given some mandatory education on why flaunting top secret materials to someone without clearance to show off is bad.
concordtom
DiabloWags said:

Only if he could go back in time from, say, 6 years old again.
BearHunter

For news junkies, there has been a remarkable and sudden shift in the media in the coverage of the Hunter Biden scandal. The shift is the very fact that there is suddenly coverage of the Hunter Biden scandal. From CNN to NPR, reporters are now acknowledging that the infamous laptop is not "Russian disinformation" as was widely claimed before the 2020 election. After years of burying the story, the media is now attempting an even more precarious exercise.

It is called controlled demolition: the implosion of a scandal to limit any blast effect on nearby structures or individuals. Like those buildings dropped between other structures, it takes precision and, most importantly, cooperation to pull off. Specifically, this controlled demolition will require the perfect timing of the media, Democratic politicians, and most importantly, the Justice Department.
movielover
So you buy the MSM claptrap.
dajo9
Once again the Democrat is treated worse than the Trumps but Hunter Biden is at least being indicted for Federal crimes. When the Republican Senate recommended perjury charges for Trump Jr, the Trump DOJ did nothing.

I don't know how the Feds usually treat people who lie on gun forms. Would be good to get some info on that. No evidence of any interference from Joe Biden which is a good thing.
American Vermin
calbear93
movielover said:

So you buy the MSM claptrap.
I buy the indictment and the confessions and confirmations that Trump has provided on subsequent interviews like an idiot.
movielover
dajo9 said:

Once again the Democrat is treated worse than the Trumps but Hunter Biden is at least being indicted for Federal crimes. When the Republican Senate recommended perjury charges for Trump Jr, the Trump DOJ did nothing.

I don't know how the Feds usually treat people who lie on gun forms. Would be good to get some info on that. No evidence of any interference from Joe Biden which is a good thing.

"The feds are notoriously tough on firearms. Nationally, for example, 94.2 percent of federal firearms convictions in 2022 involved some prison time, and the median sentence was 39 months.

"Of course, Hunter won't even have to end up with a conviction. This is an even rarer event. In 2021, fewer than 1 percent of cases filed by U.S. attorneys in federal court resulted in the kind of pretrial diversion offered to Hunter."

https://thefederalist.com/2023/06/20/hunter-bidens-charges-are-nothing-but-a-diversion/
calbear93
dajo9 said:

Poor Hunter. Always persecuted and treated so unfairly. Republicans usually get their kids $60K a month job with a foreign government funded companies but he only got $50K a month despite having no expertise other than having access to then VP. And he had to settle for Russian human trafficking ring instead of the domestic kind.

As far as how Feds usually treat people for lying on government forms, I think count 37 of the Trump indictment should clue you in on how they are treating Trump for making false statements on a government form. But Hunter is treated so much worse.

My heart breaks for Hunter for being so underprivileged and never getting a fair shake.

As I mentioned, despite all the virtue signaling, none of the outrage against Trump or Biden was about principle. It was about tribal identity. Each side is willing to forgive so easily anyone on their tribe and condemn anyone on the other side.

All theatrics, and no principles.
movielover
"Indeed, if Hunter's were a typical case, we could have expected a much more aggressive DOJ response. Mixing illegal drugs and firearms is usually a quick trip to the land of five- or seven-year mandatory minimum sentences. Whole initiatives, such as Project Safe Neighborhoods, have been built around getting offenders combining drugs and weapons off the streets."

https://thefederalist.com/2023/06/20/hunter-bidens-charges-are-nothing-but-a-diversion/

The DOJ did commit one cardinal sin... this Democrat White Privilege move should have been revealed in a Friday afternoon.
dajo9
movielover said:

dajo9 said:

"The feds are notoriously tough on firearms. Nationally, for example, 94.2 percent of federal firearms convictions in 2022 involved some prison time, and the median sentence was 39 months.

"Of course, Hunter won't even have to end up with a conviction. This is an even rarer event. In 2021, fewer than 1 percent of cases filed by U.S. attorneys in federal court resulted in the kind of pretrial diversion offered to Hunter."

So, you're just lumping him in with armed robbers?
American Vermin
calbear93
dajo9 said:

movielover said:

dajo9 said:

No just other people accused of the same crime but are not sons of a rich corrupt president. Ridiculous to compare poor people with families of presidents who should be above the law. At least he is not Trump so he should have instead been given a medal of honor for obtaining guns illegally.
movielover
dajo9
movielover said:

"Indeed, if Hunter's were a typical case, we could have expected a much more aggressive DOJ response. Mixing illegal drugs and firearms is usually a quick trip to the land of five- or seven-year mandatory minimum sentences. Whole initiatives, such as Project Safe Neighborhoods, have been built around getting offenders combining drugs and weapons off the streets."

The DOJ did commit one cardinal sin... this Democrat White Privilege move should have been revealed in a Friday afternoon.

Data is hard to come by. I agree.
American Vermin
DiabloWags
movielover said:

Good to see TRUMP APPOINTED U.S. ATTORNEY DAVID WEISS "MAKING AMERICA SAFE AGAIN!"

Trump only appoints the BEST people!

Right Movielover?

movielover
James O'Keefe and OMG out Biden's BlackRock.

DiabloWags
You have only 27 posts today.
You desperately need to CATCH UP bro!
dajo9
calbear93 said:

dajo9 said:

movielover said:

dajo9 said:

No just other people accused of the same crime but are not sons of a rich corrupt president. Ridiculous to compare poor people with families of presidents who should be above the law. At least he is not Trump so he should have instead been given a medal of honor for obtaining guns illegally.

So you don't have the requested data either, huh?
American Vermin
movielover
calbear93
dajo9 said:

calbear93 said:

dajo9 said:

movielover said:

dajo9 said:

So you don't have the requested data either, huh?
What?!

What are you now demanding from strangers?

Provide me with data that Biden didn't influence, despite messaging loud and clear that his son did nothing wrong while holding the power of the presidency and control of the DOJ, and that this was not a sweetheart deal despite the DATA that movielover provided that less than 1% of charges of illegally obtaining guns results in pretrial diversion and the link from the Marshall Project showing how often black kids in Chicago are sent to prison for illegal gun possession being the most severe charge without priors.

Show me the data that this was not a sweetheart deal and was not corruption by the Bidens.

I'm waiting.

Figured, no requested data, huh? Knew you were just making crap up.
BearHunter
dajo9 said:

sycasey
dajo9 said:

movielover said:

dajo9 said:

That's the big question to me: are prosecutors usually tough on someone who illegally owns a gun but never seemed to have used it in any other crime? My guess is no, but I don't have the data.
calbear93
sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

movielover said:

dajo9 said:

That's the big question to me: are prosecutors usually tough on someone who illegally owns a gun but never seemed to have used it in any other crime? My guess is no, but I don't have the data.
So you liberals keep asking for data and ignore the data that we have provided, including from such conservative sources as the Marshall Project:

https://www.themarshallproject.org/2023/03/23/gun-violence-possession-police-chicago

"But in Chicago, a town labeled as "ChiRaq," a "war zone," and a "murder capital," gun enforcement overwhelmingly focuses on possession crimes not use.

A Marshall Project analysis found that from 2010 to 2022, the police made more than 38,000 arrests for illegal gun possession. These arrests almost always a felony doubled during this timeframe. While illegal possession is the most serious offense in most of the cases we analyzed, the charges often bear misleading names that imply violence, like "aggravated unlawful use of a weapon."

Recent research shows that most people convicted in Illinois for felony gun possession don't go on to commit a violent crime, and the majority of those sentenced to prison for gun possession don't have past convictions for violence. Instead, people who already committed violent crimes are more likely to do so again."
dajo9
calbear93 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

movielover said:

dajo9 said:

So you liberals keep asking for data and ignore the data that we have provided, including from such conservative sources as the Marshall Project

The Marshall Project looked like it was mostly state law enforcement. Maybe I'm wrong - can't say I read it all. Definitely a two tiered system being applied there and in most places. going4roses tries to bring it to our attention all the time.

What I'm asking about are how these Federal charges are usually handled. I've looked around this afternoon but haven't found anything I find trustworthy (having rejected things I've read from the right and the left).

Today the Feds indicted Hunter for Federal crimes. If Delaware is coming with more indictments for state crimes I'm all for it as long as they are legitimate indictments.
American Vermin
calbear93
dajo9 said:

calbear93 said:

sycasey said:

dajo9 said:

movielover said:

dajo9 said:

So you liberals keep asking for data and ignore the data that we have provided, including from such conservative sources as the Marshall Project

The Marshall Project looked like it was mostly state law enforcement. Maybe I'm wrong - can't say I read it all. Definitely a two tiered system being applied there and in most places. going4roses tries to bring it to our attention all the time.

What I'm asking about are how these Federal charges are usually handled. I've looked around this afternoon but haven't found anything I find trustworthy (having rejected things I've read from the right and the left).

Today the Feds indicted Hunter for Federal crimes. If Delaware is coming with more indictments for state crimes I'm all for it as long as they are legitimate indictments.
Maybe look at the DATA that moviehunter provided:

Of course, Hunter won't even have to end up with a conviction. This is an even rarer event. In 2021, fewer than 1 percent of cases filed by U.S. attorneys in federal court resulted in the kind of pretrial diversion offered to Hunter.

But that's clearly not how things are shaking out in practice at DOJ, and President Biden has expressed an ongoing willingness to harshly punish firearms offenses. His DOJ is defending this law in court, and he signed a law in 2021 to increase maximum penalties from 10 years to 15 years in prison. Apparently, President Biden does not believe offenders should be treated with kid gloves at least when it's not his kid.

Indeed, if Hunter's were a typical case, we could have expected a much more aggressive DOJ response. Mixing illegal drugs and firearms is usually a quick trip to the land of five- or seven-year mandatory minimum sentences. Whole initiatives, such as Project Safe Neighborhoods, have been built around getting offenders combining drugs and weapons off the streets."
First Page Last Page
Page 195 of 312

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.