Breaking News

981,209 Views | 11776 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by movielover
dimitrig
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sycasey said:

movielover said:

Oh wait!

https://www.boomlive.in/fact-check/algerians-protest-place-de-la-republique-bouteflika-france-unrest-fact-check-22452
Quote:

Video Of Protest Against Algerian President Falsely Linked To France Unrest

BOOM found that the video is from 2019 when the Algerian diaspora in France protested against a fifth term of President Abdelaziz Bouteflika of Algeria.
Every time. You guys get fooled every time!

I am not sure if they are stupid or trolls but I am leaning toward both.

82gradDLSdad
HearstMining said:

SFCityBear said:

smh said:

worst of co2's dirty tricks is leverage, screwing the pooch with low sounding numbers.
as of May 2022 > The current global average concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere is (0.04%) 421ppm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_dioxide_in_Earth%27s_atmosphere

"The worst of CO2's dirty tricks" ??? What are the others? Never mind. CO2 is a fertilizer, vital to your and my survival. It is essential for plants to live and grow, so they can produce food for you and I, and oxygen for you and I to breathe.

I have been regularly walking in the park for years, using the same particular paths bordered by grasses, shrubs, and trees. Beginning in the spring, the plants on either side of these paths began to grow. Soon the shrubs and grasses and weeds all began to grow. Over the last 3 months the growth in plant life has narrowed the paths, to where two people can not pass each other on the trail, without one of us having to step into the bushes to let the other person pass by. The foliage on the trees has grown so much that it has become too heavy for the branches to bear without bending. The canopy is so low now, that I have to bend way down to get under it and continue on my way. This is by far the most growth I have ever seen in a single season, and the growth season is not even half over. In 2 more months, there will be no path at all. I expect crop yields to be way up this year. I'd guess much of it is due to the increase in CO2 in the air.

And to top off your post, you actually cite Wikipedia as your source!!! Wikipedia is a source where anyone, anyone at all can post an article. You or I could post an article.

Wikipedia is a source all right, a source of propaganda. Wikipedia has been controlled by the Left for many years. Take any hot-button political topic or issue, and Wikipedia will take the view of the Left. In fact they have people they pay to originate, or revise articles on Anthropogenic Global Warming to express the view they believe to be correct, the view that best states their agenda. Here is one such editor, the greenie, William Connelley.

https://www.conservapedia.com/William_M._Connolley

Hmmm - a single season growth spurt. And you propose that the cause is the increased CO2. Don't you think it might it just possibly be due to NORTHERN CALIFORNIA'S WETTEST RAINY SEASON IN 38 YEARS?

I know that my few weeds I have on our barren front and backyard dirt grow when I get some water on the dirt while watering plants. I never thought it was CO2.
bearister
QAnon leader of JFK-obsessed cult dies in motocross accident

https://mol.im/a/12272915

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
dajo9
Hillary got him
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
Cal88
82gradDLSdad said:

HearstMining said:

SFCityBear said:

smh said:

worst of co2's dirty tricks is leverage, screwing the pooch with low sounding numbers.
as of May 2022 > The current global average concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere is (0.04%) 421ppm

"The worst of CO2's dirty tricks" ??? What are the others? Never mind. CO2 is a fertilizer, vital to your and my survival. It is essential for plants to live and grow, so they can produce food for you and I, and oxygen for you and I to breathe.

I have been regularly walking in the park for years, using the same particular paths bordered by grasses, shrubs, and trees. Beginning in the spring, the plants on either side of these paths began to grow. Soon the shrubs and grasses and weeds all began to grow. Over the last 3 months the growth in plant life has narrowed the paths, to where two people can not pass each other on the trail, without one of us having to step into the bushes to let the other person pass by. The foliage on the trees has grown so much that it has become too heavy for the branches to bear without bending. The canopy is so low now, that I have to bend way down to get under it and continue on my way. This is by far the most growth I have ever seen in a single season, and the growth season is not even half over. In 2 more months, there will be no path at all. I expect crop yields to be way up this year. I'd guess much of it is due to the increase in CO2 in the air.

And to top off your post, you actually cite Wikipedia as your source!!! Wikipedia is a source where anyone, anyone at all can post an article. You or I could post an article.

Wikipedia is a source all right, a source of propaganda. Wikipedia has been controlled by the Left for many years. Take any hot-button political topic or issue, and Wikipedia will take the view of the Left. In fact they have people they pay to originate, or revise articles on Anthropogenic Global Warming to express the view they believe to be correct, the view that best states their agenda. Here is one such editor, the greenie, William Connelley.

Hmmm - a single season growth spurt. And you propose that the cause is the increased CO2. Don't you think it might it just possibly be due to NORTHERN CALIFORNIA'S WETTEST RAINY SEASON IN 38 YEARS?

I know that my few weeds I have on our barren front and backyard dirt grow when I get some water on the dirt while watering plants. I never thought it was CO2.

Actually CO2 does have a strong direct effect on the rate of photosynthesis, and does contribute to the rate of growth of your shrubbery. It's just that you cannot observe the effect from the increase in CO2 from year to year as the growth in ambient CO2 concentration is extremely low year to year.

If you were however to compare your rate of plant growth to that from several decades ago, you would see, as NASA did above, that the growth in CO2 concentration over that period will have resulted in increased plant growth of the order of 25%-35% between the current season and one from the 80s or 90s that has had a similar rainfall profile.

Furthermore, CO2 fertilization is even more dramatic in arid areas, because as the rate of CO2 increases, plants require less water to grow. This is because the more CO2 there is, the fewer stomata openings the plant will need to capture its CO2, so less water loss and evaporation will occur through these openings.

82gradDLSdad
Cal88 said:

82gradDLSdad said:

HearstMining said:

SFCityBear said:

smh said:

Actually CO2 does have a strong direct effect on the rate of photosynthesis, and does contribute to the rate of growth of your shrubbery. It's just that you cannot observe the effect from the increase in CO2 from year to year as the growth in ambient CO2 concentration is extremely low year to year.

If you were however to compare your rate of plant growth to that from several decades ago, you would see, as NASA did above, that the growth in CO2 concentration over that period will have resulted in increased plant growth of the order of 25%-35% between the current season and one from the 80s or 90s that has had a similar rainfall profile.

Furthermore, CO2 fertilization is even more dramatic in arid areas, because as the rate of CO2 increases, plants require less water to grow. This is because the more CO2 there is, the fewer stomata openings the plant will need to capture its CO2, so less water loss and evaporation will occur through these openings.

These aren't shrubs, they are a very few weeds that come up when water gets on them. We are OCD and have kept our front and backyards pristine even though we have very little plant and tree material. While we decide what to do for landscape we at least decided to keep everything really neat . We won't go back to having to use much water. I was being flippant with my watering comment, BTW. Thanks for the CO2 info.
HearstMining
Cal88 said:

82gradDLSdad said:

HearstMining said:

SFCityBear said:

smh said:

I agree with you and am aware of this fact. I specifically pointed at the contention that a SINGLE SEASON growth spurt could be attributed to CO2 increase..
BearHunter
sycasey said:

movielover said:

Oh wait!

https://www.boomlive.in/fact-check/algerians-protest-place-de-la-republique-bouteflika-france-unrest-fact-check-22452
Quote:

BOOM found that the video is from 2019 when the Algerian diaspora in France protested against a fifth term of President Abdelaziz Bouteflika of Algeria.

Those are Algerian flags and the Place de la Concorde is in Paris. The tweet didn't say this happened recently.
BearHunter

Happy Friday, left wing truth deniers are otherwise known as liars!
sycasey
BearHunter said:

sycasey said:

movielover said:

Oh wait!

Quote:

Those are Algerian flags and the Place de la Concorde is in Paris. The tweet didn't say this happened recently.

Yes, I'm sure this video of an event from 4 years ago was posted now just randomly.
BearHunter
sycasey said:

BearHunter said:

sycasey said:

movielover said:

Oh wait!

Quote:

Yes, I'm sure this video of an event from 4 years ago was posted now just randomly.
It's the same groups of people protesting but now it has gotten worse.
bearister

Newsom will not appeal ruling allowing release of former Charles Manson follower Leslie Van Houten | abc7.com

https://abc7.com/manson-family-gavin-newsom-follower-released-leslie-van-houten/13475336/
SFCityBear
HearstMining said:

SFCityBear said:

smh said:

Neither my post nor yours is the whole story. Please go back and read Cal88's post, describing how both CO2 and rainfall are main factors, with rainfall more of a factor, and CO2 less, but still a significant factor, which I acknowledged and agreed was likely the case.
SFCityBear
tequila4kapp
bearister said:

Newsom will not appeal ruling allowing release of former Charles Manson follower Leslie Van Houten | abc7.com

https://abc7.com/manson-family-gavin-newsom-follower-released-leslie-van-houten/13475336/
Some crimes are so heinous the perp should never see the light of day.
dimitrig
tequila4kapp said:

bearister said:

Her sentence was life in prison. She should serve it.

Cal88
50 years in jail, she's already paid the price. And at 73, no longer a threat to society.
bearister
Cal88 said:

50 years in jail, she's already paid the price. And at 73, no longer a threat to society.

It is indeed an interesting philosophical question. Dan White served 5 years at Soledad for 2 political assassinations (he was going to add Willie Brown and Carol Ruth Silver but his plan changed). Van Houten 10 x Dan term for 2 murders.
dimitrig
Cal88 said:

Has she paid the price? What price did her victims pay?

I do believe criminals can be rehabilitated, but murderers should rot in jail - especially cold-blooded killers like her.

dajo9
Cal88 said:

Her victims paid a bigger price. She belongs in prison.
movielover
dimitrig said:

tequila4kapp said:

bearister said:

Governor Newsom has closed two prisons and wants to close at least two more. Progressives are pushing to close upwards of NINE, and they closed the Tracy training center. These moves will have several consequences.

1. By definition, criminals can't be locked up if there isn't space.
2. Current convicts will have to be released early.
3. The State will save money on exorbitant prison guard salaries (thank you, Grey Davis) and related costs.
4. Savings can be funneled to the CTA, new social programs / experiments, and the train to nowhere.
movielover
movielover
bearister said:

Cal88 said:

It is indeed an interesting philosophical question. Dan White served 5 years at Soledad for 2 political assassinations (he was going to add Willie Brown and Carol Ruth Silver but his plan changed). Van Houten 10 x Dan term for 2 murders.

Democrat Privilege even then.
dajo9
movielover said:

bearister said:

Cal88 said:

Democrat Privilege even then.

Dan White's background has all the trademarks of the current Trump supporter.

What you are calling Democrat privilege was really Homophobia privilege. That's your team.
dajo9
movielover said:

dimitrig said:

tequila4kapp said:

bearister said:

Governor Newsom has closed two prisons and wants to close at least two more. Progressives are pushing to close upwards of NINE, and they closed the Tracy training center. These moves will have several consequences.

1. By definition, criminals can't be locked up if there isn't space.
2. Current convicts will have to be released early.
3. The State will save money on exorbitant prison guard salaries (thank you, Grey Davis) and related costs.
4. Savings can be funneled to the CTA, new social programs / experiments, and the train to nowhere.

The California prison system is currently operating 15,000 empty beds and that number is growing. I am old enough to remember Trumpers running in 2020 on reducing prison sentences but anybody with any sense knew that was just a short term opportunistic claim. Crime is down from the decades of high crime in the 1970s - 1990s. Newsom is doing the appropriate reforms. Trumpers continue to criticize anything Democrats do without regard to any underlying philosophy or principles or belief system.
AunBear89
Liars, hypocrites, and morons.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
movielover
1. Now crime is spiking back up.

2. Many police departments like Oakland and San Francisco are VASTLY undermanned, so the crooks aren't even investigated or caught. The City has THOUSANDS of car thefts every year, and the perps are rarely caught, and they don't want to catch them.

My guess is that like many crimes, some top dogs are committing lots of GTA. Perfect situation, small city, for Bait Cars. But they'll never do it.

3. George Soros DAs don't convict.

4. Businesses and citizens have gotten the message, so many crimes go unreported.

5. Social media appears to have created new tools and methods to communicate 'trade secrets' to thousands of fellow aspiring criminals.

People in the suburbs would often leave the front door unlocked during the day. That's becoming rare.

But sure. Beds are empty.

Empty beds - great surge capacity. #2 - great spot for a large 'homeless' shelter.
dajo9
- Violent crime per population in CA is less than half its 1990s peak.
- Property crime per population in CA is less than half its 1980s peak.
- Police per population in CA is at the same levels it was in the 1990s.
dimitrig
dimitrig said:

tequila4kapp said:

bearister said:

Actually, her sentence was the death penalty so she is already getting off easy.

I think people are forgetting what a sicko she is.

Cal88
dimitrig said:

dimitrig said:

tequila4kapp said:

bearister said:

Actually, her sentence was the death penalty so she is already getting off easy.

She'd fit right in on this board.

Seriously though, there are thousands of violent offenders in CA who are being released on parole and who should still be locked up because they are far greater dangers to society than this old lady, and thousands of habitual thugs roaming city streets and breaking into cars, stealing store inventory unpunished.

The main criterion here should be whether she is a threat to society, given that she's already served 50+ years in jail.
dimitrig
Cal88 said:

dimitrig said:

dimitrig said:

tequila4kapp said:

bearister said:

Seriously though, there are thousands of violent offenders in CA who are being released on parole and who should still be locked up because they are far greater dangers to society than this old lady, and thousands of habitual thugs roaming city streets and breaking into cars, stealing store inventory unpunished.

The main criterion here should be whether she is a threat to society, given that she's already served 50+ years in jail.

I disagree that the main criterion should be if she is still a threat although she obviously was a threat and has some serious mental issues. Those didn't suddenly go away with age. I think there is value in making an example out of criminals to deter similar behavior. She shouldn't be paroled and if I was the family of the victims I would be furious not because I think she is going to go kill again, but because a person like that shouldn't be walking around in society as if nothing happened. Jesus would have forgiven her, but he's a better man than I am.
tequila4kapp
Cal88 said:

dimitrig said:

dimitrig said:

tequila4kapp said:

bearister said:

Not for me. The criteria is justice. Not all violent crime is the same. Some crimes should result in the criminal dying in prison, regardless of cost or future threat.
Cal88
Quote:

I disagree that the main criterion should be if she is still a threat although she obviously was a threat and has some serious mental issues. Those didn't suddenly go away with age. I think there is value in making an example out of criminals to deter similar behavior.

"You will be released after serving 52 years in jail" is hardly an incentive.
bearister
My guess is that her "mental issues" resolved when the daily diet of Charlie, Benzedrine, LSD and cannabis was removed.
BTW, I would be fine with family members of the victims having the thumb power.

sycasey
Cal88 said:

dimitrig said:

dimitrig said:

tequila4kapp said:

bearister said:

I actually agree with this. I don't see the value in keeping older people locked up who have already served long sentences and who have demonstrated good behavior while in prison. Isn't there supposed to be a rehabilitative aspect to our justice system? (I know there generally isn't, but SHOULDN'T there be?)
Big C
Cal88 said:

dimitrig said:

dimitrig said:

tequila4kapp said:

bearister said:

There's a rumor going around that LVH already is on this board! But who? I have no idea, but I know it's not me (not old enough... wow, makes me feel younger to realize I'm not old enough for something).
First Page Last Page
Page 212 of 337

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.