Breaking News

979,873 Views | 11774 Replies | Last: 26 min ago by movielover
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Best sports roster photos bar none.

2023-24 Men's Cross Country/Track Roster - Santa Clara University

https://santaclarabroncos.com/sports/mens-cross-country/roster

*My 1st place goes to Luke.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
calpoly
MinotStateBeav said:

He lost money while he was president..that's a known fact.
He lost money before he was the president...that's a known fact. He is a terrible business person.
sycasey
blungld said:

tequila4kapp said:

People with TDS will never stop. Their hatred of him is their religion.
You might want to check the definition of the word religion.

And would you say the same of people who wanted to stop Hitler, or Stalin, or Manson, or Capone?...basically stop anyone who has assimilated power through corruption? It's called working to eliminate their power and bring them to justice. The obsession is with cleaning up the country, protecting democracy, and meeting the promise of our Constitution, not an obsession with Trump the way you mean it (irrational).

It's entirely rational and moral to be committed, not obsessed, with eliminating Trump from the US political system because of the harm he has and will create. Get it? Good. Now you can stop repeating that stupid meme-level quip.

I guarantee that if Trump ever drops out of the race, 80 to 90 percent of left-leaning people will stop talking about him and return to fighting amongst themselves.

Trump unites the left in a way none of our own politicians ever could. If you actually care about conservative policy goals, you should want him gone too.
BearHunter
calpoly said:

MinotStateBeav said:

He lost money before he was the president...that's a known fact. He is a terrible business person.
He lost money while he was president and donated his federal government salary.
BearHunter
blungld said:

tequila4kapp said:

And would you say the same of people who wanted to stop Hitler, or Stalin, or Manson, or Capone?...basically stop anyone who has assimilated power through corruption? It's called working to eliminate their power and bring them to justice. The obsession is with cleaning up the country, protecting democracy, and meeting the promise of our Constitution, not an obsession with Trump the way you mean it (irrational).

It's entirely rational and moral to be committed, not obsessed, with eliminating Trump from the US political system because of the harm he has and will create. Get it? Good. Now you can stop repeating that stupid meme-level quip.

Liberals don't hate Trump's policies as much as they just hate Trump. Tequilla4kapp is right, it's a religion.
tequila4kapp
blungld said:

tequila4kapp said:

You can't even see past the end of your nose.
Eastern Oregon Bear
BearHunter said:

calpoly said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Trump made more money from charging Secret Service agents and foreign diplomats for rooms at Trump Hotels than he would have collected in Presidential salary.
Unit2Sucks
tequila4kapp said:

sycasey said:

As soon as Trump drops out of the Presidenial race, I'll stop thinking about him.
Not directed specifically at you...

The funniest thing about the accusations of from non-Trump GOPers like t4k about "TDS" and "religion" is that there actually is a new religion being created by people with actual TDS - the Q dorks.

The rest of us who see Trump for who he is aren't the problem, it's the fact that he continues to be the only conservative in America who matters any more and the fact that his plurality of the conservative movement has completely and irretrievably gone off the deep end.

Rather than attempt to do anything about that, we continue to see "never Trumpers" focus their ire on the sane people who recognize him as the threat he remains, and for the damage he's caused our country and world. Forgive me if I continue to hold conservatives accountable for failing to choose the right side in the debate and continuing to support Trump through actions, if not words.
Quote:

In a May 13th article published in The Atlantic, Adrienne LaFrance offers her readers a deep dive into the QAnon movement. The article argues that when surveying QAnon, we're not only examining a conspiracy theory, we're observing the birth of a new religion. LaFrance underscores this argument by highlighting the apocalypticism found in QAnon; its clear-cut dualism between the forces of good and evil; the study and analysis of Qdrops as sacred texts, and the divine mystery of Q.

Following the mass suicide of the Peoples Temple in Jonestown in 1978, historian Jonathan Z. Smith wrote an essay locating the study and definition of religion within an academic context, where he highlights that "almost no attempt was made to gain any interpretative framework" of what occurred at Jonestown by academics. Adrienne LaFrance's article on QAnon makes clear that the movement and its believers demand to be taken seriously. Her piece acts as a springboard to ask the question: Can QAnon be considered a religion?

Though many enjoy mocking the QAnon conspiracy theories and those who profit from them, it's important to note that the movement's adherents firmly believe in the theorieseven to the detriment of their families and communities. Therefore, in an effort to avoid the mistakes of the past and to better understand the movement as it continues to grow and evolve, I suggest that we view QAnon as a "hyper-real religion."

tequila4kapp
My opinion…

Trump's true base is a combo of anti-establishment drain the swamp types and people who believe in his America First economic populist agenda (and who also overlook his personal foibles / disbelieve the worst of things that are reported about him as left wing bias). Those issues and people are neither traditional conservatives or traditional Republicans, which is exactly why nobody else in the Republican party can beat Trump. People who try to co-opt those issues are simply Trump Mini-Me's, mostly without credibility. So ideologically that means he has to be beat by an actual conservative. But 1) so called actual conservatives are commonly establishment Republican who will never appeal to drain the swamp types (see Bush, Jeb). And 2) Trump adopts enough Conservative issues (pro-life) and has credibility on them (SCOTUS nominations) that he beats conservatives on their own issues. Trump is either the smartest politician in a few generations or the luckiest guy politically ever. Trump's people are never going away. He will have to die before they potentially move on to another candidate, at which point they likely fracture and become a non-political force. Until then…Trump is the guy, and Dems will keep winning the presidency as long as they continue to adopt the Mitch McConnell method for finding candidates (be as milk-toast as possible to appeal to the so called middle 3rd of voters as 'safe')
sycasey
tequila4kapp said:

My opinion…

Trump's true base is a combo of anti-establishment drain the swamp types and people who believe in his America First economic populist agenda (and who also overlook his personal foibles / disbelieve the worst of things that are reported about him as left wing bias). Those issues and people are neither traditional conservatives or traditional Republicans, which is exactly why nobody else in the Republican party can beat Trump. People who try to co-opt those issues are simply Trump Mini-Me's, mostly without credibility. So ideologically that means he has to be beat by an actual conservative. But 1) so called actual conservatives are commonly establishment Republican who will never appeal to drain the swamp types (see Bush, Jeb). And 2) Trump adopts enough Conservative issues (pro-life) and has credibility on them (SCOTUS nominations) that he beats conservatives on their own issues. Trump is either the smartest politician in a few generations or the luckiest guy politically ever. Trump's people are never going away. He will have to die before they potentially move on to another candidate, at which point they likely fracture and become a non-political force. Until then…Trump is the guy, and Dems will keep winning the presidency as long as they continue to adopt the Mitch McConnell method for finding candidates (be as milk-toast as possible to appeal to the so called middle 3rd of voters as 'safe')

So this makes it sound like it's the Trump FANS who are like a religion, more so than the Trump haters.
blungld
BearHunter said:

Liberals don't hate Trump's policies as much as they just hate Trump. Tequilla4kapp is right, it's a religion.
Religion: the belief in and worship of a god or gods, or any such system of belief and worship.

I know you think it's cute and somehow persuasive to call someone else's thoughts a religion. Here's the problem. Religion involves a lot more than opinion or guiding principle or even an ideology. It involves a God or supernatural entity and a whole set of institutional and ritual elements. So no, a person wanting Trump to be brought to justice is an opinion no matter how strongly felt, not a religion. And "hating" Trump does not match with your inference that it is religious as in requiring obsession, irrationality, and blind loyalty/faith. One having a commitment to holding criminals to account is not an obsession, it's having a moral or ethical core.

But what I find most interesting is that in this context you denigrate the word religion but I assume that you and most Trump supporters are religious. So don't you admire religion and commitment to faith or belief? And wouldn't you use rationalizations like faith (versus reason or evidence or science) as the justification for your religious belief? So in the case that a person exercising faithful religious commitment to hating Trump (though people against Trump do not do this), you would be expected to understand and applaud them.

In short, your trolling is lacking in logic and barb-worthiness. It's another internet faaart from you.
blungld
tequila4kapp said:

blungld said:

tequila4kapp said:

You can't follow a logically laid out rebuttal.
tequila4kapp
blungld said:

tequila4kapp said:

blungld said:

tequila4kapp said:

You can't follow a logically laid out rebuttal.
You seem to believe Trump is comparable to common murderers and people who committed genocide then use that belief to justify your hatred of him. Of course Trump has not killed or committed genocide so your comparison exposes your world view / bias. Then, as if that's not enough, you rationalize those beliefs as trying to clean up corruption. But it appears you are only concerned with the corruption of one person, or if more than one person then only one party, which of course means that rationalization is a pretext for getting Trump and not cleaning up anything or protecting democracy.

I don't follow your posts enough to know but these types of statements are common of those with TDS … people who are so convinced of their rightness and Trump's evil that they get caught up in their own hatred of a man such that it skews their world view and they see nothing else.
tequila4kapp
blungld said:

BearHunter said:

Religion: the belief in and worship of a god or gods, or any such system of belief and worship.

I know you think it's cute and somehow persuasive to call someone else's thoughts a religion. Here's the problem. Religion involves a lot more than opinion or guiding principle or even an ideology. It involves a God or supernatural entity and a whole set of institutional and ritual elements. So no, a person wanting Trump to be brought to justice is an opinion no matter how strongly felt, not a religion. And "hating" Trump does not match with your inference that it is religious as in requiring obsession, irrationality, and blind loyalty/faith. One having a commitment to holding criminals to account is not an obsession, it's having a moral or ethical core.

But what I find most interesting is that in this context you denigrate the word religion but I assume that you and most Trump supporters are religious. So don't you admire religion and commitment to faith or belief? And wouldn't you use rationalizations like faith (versus reason or evidence or science) as the justification for your religious belief? So in the case that a person exercising faithful religious commitment to hating Trump (though people against Trump do not do this), you would be expected to understand and applaud them.

In short, your trolling is lacking in logic and barb-worthiness. It's another internet faaart from you.

As a Cal alum I should think you capable of understanding when something is metaphorical, not literal. Just in case, this phraseology is one of those times.

It is metaphorical because - although it's not based in the belief in a deity - the application of the belief is so pervasive that it colors and provides context for virtually all of the person's views, choices, beliefs, etc
blungld
tequila4kapp said:

You seem to believe Trump is comparable to common murderers and people who committed genocide then use that belief to justify your hatred of him.
This shows that you missed my point entirely. You saw Hitler and made the wrong assumption that I said Trump was like Hitler. Read it again. My point is that stopping a criminal is the obligation of being a moral person NOT an obsession, religion, irrational, or hatred in the way that it is posited by Trump supporters. They don't get it and you didn't either.
blungld
tequila4kapp said:

It is metaphorical because - although it's not based in the belief in a deity - the application of the belief is so pervasive that it colors and provides context for virtually all of the person's views, choices, beliefs, etc
If religion is not what you mean, use the correct word.
Unit2Sucks
tequila4kapp said:

blungld said:

BearHunter said:

As a Cal alum I should think you capable of understanding when something is metaphorical, not literal. Just in case, this phraseology is one of those times.

90% of the people who use the phrase TDS or think that opposition to Trump is a religion worship Trump and/or spend their time obsessing over Hunter Biden's junk.

The metaphor you are using is most commonly just projection. You don't strike me as the kind of person who dresses like the dudes below or thinks Hunter Biden is the most dangerous person in the US so surely you can see that the people who have been most heavily impacted by Trump are those that fall for his grift, not those of us who call it like we see it.

I would love to see what happens when a "normal conservative" like you goes to a Trump, rally. I think you might stop pretending that it's the normal people who have been warped by Trump when you see what's become of so many of your fellow conservatives.

BearHunter
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

BearHunter said:

calpoly said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Trump made more money from charging Secret Service agents and foreign diplomats for rooms at Trump Hotels than he would have collected in Presidential salary.
Again, where's your evidence?
BearHunter
blungld said:

BearHunter said:

I see, you were being serious when you mentioned Hitler, Stalin, Manson, Capone. In that case, no, TDS isn't a religion, it's a mental disorder.
tequila4kapp
Unit2Sucks said:

tequila4kapp said:

blungld said:

BearHunter said:

90% of the people who use the phrase TDS or think that opposition to Trump is a religion worship Trump and/or spend their time obsessing over Hunter Biden's junk.

The metaphor you are using is most commonly just projection. You don't strike me as the kind of person who dresses like the dudes below or thinks Hunter Biden is the most dangerous person in the US so surely you can see that the people who have been most heavily impacted by Trump are those that fall for his grift, not those of us who call it like we see it.

I would love to see what happens when a "normal conservative" like you goes to a Trump, rally. I think you might stop pretending that it's the normal people who have been warped by Trump when you see what's become of so many of your fellow conservatives.

We will never know because I won't be found at a Trump rally. Ever.
blungld
BearHunter said:

I see, you were being serious when you mentioned Hitler, Stalin, Manson, Capone. In that case, no, TDS isn't a religion, it's a mental disorder.
I see that you missed my point and latched onto the word Hitler rather than the point I was making that people who stop criminal are not obsessed as in irrational but rather committed to stopping the crimes and injustice. But go ahead and freakout by a name I listed and tell me that this articulate well-educated Cal fan has a mental disorder because it makes you feel better rather than addressing my point.
tequila4kapp
blungld said:

BearHunter said:

I see that you missed my point and latched onto the word Hitler rather than the point I was making that people who stop criminal are not obsessed as in irrational but rather committed to stopping the crimes and injustice. But go ahead and freakout by a name I listed and tell me that this articulate well-educated Cal fan has a mental disorder because it makes you feel better rather than addressing my point.
Come on now, nobody sees the names Hitler, Stalin, Manson and Capone and thinks "criminal". Bernie Madoff, Elizabeth Holmes, Martha Stewart, the Wolf of Wall Street...sure, fine. Your list is genocidal lunatic (5 million Jews), genocidal lunatic (6-9 million Ukranians and Russians), the single most notorious mass murderer of the 1960s, and one of the most notorious mobsters in history. We fought a world war to stop Hitler. And you use him as an example of standing up to a criminal????
dajo9
BearHunter said:

BearHunter said:

calpoly said:

MinotStateBeav said:

You don't care about evidence. You will ignore evidence. You will pretend it doesn't exist and go on your way. A few months from now, if the topic comes up again - you wlll ask for the evidence. You are a black hole of informative thought. It's pointless to provide you with evidence of anything.

Evidence:
https://www.npr.org/2022/10/17/1129491352/trump-hotels-overcharged-secret-service-agents
https://www.forbes.com/sites/saradorn/2022/11/14/foreign-officials-spent-750000-at-trumps-dc-hotel-while-lobbying-us-government-lawmakers-say/?sh=7ac294291f5a
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
Eastern Oregon Bear
dajo9 said:

BearHunter said:

BearHunter said:

calpoly said:

MinotStateBeav said:

You don't care about evidence. You will ignore evidence. You will pretend it doesn't exist and go on your way. A few months from now, if the topic comes up again - you wlll ask for the evidence. You are a black hole of informative thought. It's pointless to provide you with evidence of anything.

Evidence:
https://www.npr.org/2022/10/17/1129491352/trump-hotels-overcharged-secret-service-agents
https://www.forbes.com/sites/saradorn/2022/11/14/foreign-officials-spent-750000-at-trumps-dc-hotel-while-lobbying-us-government-lawmakers-say/?sh=7ac294291f5a
Indeed! That's why I don't waste much of my time with him. It's like trying to have a discussion with someone waggling his fingers in his ears and saying "LA LA LA LA LA! I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"
BearHunter
sonofabear51 said:

Catturd sucks and is garbage.

Catturd triggers.
BearHunter
dajo9 said:

BearHunter said:

BearHunter said:

calpoly said:

MinotStateBeav said:

He lost money while he was president.that's a known fact.

Evidence:

President Trump is the first President in modern history who actually lost money during his time in the White House. President Trump left office with a net worth of about $2.5 billion, down from $4.5 billion when he announced his candidacy for president in 2015.

President Trump also kept his promise and donated all of his $1.6 million in salary to charity during his time in the White House.

How much did Trump personally make from selling hotel rooms?
dajo9
BearHunter said:

dajo9 said:

BearHunter said:

BearHunter said:

calpoly said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Evidence:

President Trump is the first President in modern history who actually lost money during his time in the White House. President Trump left office with a net worth of about $2.5 billion, down from $4.5 billion when he announced his candidacy for president in 2015.

President Trump also kept his promise and donated all of his $1.6 million in salary to charity during his time in the White House.

The article I linked says revenue from selling Trump hotels to secret service and foreign diplomats was $5.75 million. Trump ripped off the secret service and donating salary doesn't justify that.

Also, Trump assets were down because of Covid. Trump is a habitual loser, liar, and conman.
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
blungld
tequila4kapp said:

blungld said:

BearHunter said:

Come on now, nobody sees the names Hitler, Stalin, Manson and Capone and thinks "criminal". Bernie Madoff, Elizabeth Holmes, Martha Stewart, the Wolf of Wall Street...sure, fine. Your list is genocidal lunatic (5 million Jews), genocidal lunatic (6-9 million Ukranians and Russians), the single most notorious mass murderer of the 1960s, and one of the most notorious mobsters in history. We fought a world war to stop Hitler. And you use him as an example of standing up to a criminal????
I explained my usage in my post. Yes I chose names that are threats to people and governments rather than financial criminal or jaywalkers, but I did explain my meaning but you just decided that meant something else all on your own.
blungld
BearHunter said:

This shows a fundamental lack of understanding of corporate accounting and the tax/revenue dodges that Trump executes, and a willing ignorance to accept his misrepresentation and PR. It's embarrassing. Yes, Trump made nothing off Saudi deals, overcharging for usage of his properties, inflated valuations as president, side deals, endorsements, write offs, political contributions, grift from family members and associates...nothing. He just lost that president's salary that is so much money and he gave it to orphans.
BearHunter
dajo9 said:

BearHunter said:

dajo9 said:

BearHunter said:

BearHunter said:

calpoly said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Evidence:

The article I linked says revenue from selling Trump hotels to secret service and foreign diplomats was $5.75 million. Trump ripped off the secret service and donating salary doesn't justify that.

Also, Trump assets were down because of Covid. Trump is a habitual loser, liar, and conman.
Oh and I forgot to add that government officials and foreign officials have stayed at his properties prior to him becoming president and continue to do so. For the Secret Service, the article says $1.4 million but how much of that exceeded GSA rates? The article doesn't say.
BearHunter
blungld said:

BearHunter said:

This shows a fundamental lack of understanding of corporate accounting and the tax/revenue dodges that Trump executes, and a willing ignorance to accept his misrepresentation and PR. It's embarrassing. Yes, Trump made nothing off Saudi deals, overcharging for usage of his properties, inflated valuations as president, side deals, endorsements, write offs, political contributions, grift from family members and associates...nothing. He just lost that president's salary that is so much money and he gave it to orphans.

As it is illegal for presidents to decline their salary, he instead donated the money to various federal agencies
MinotStateBeav
It's almost 9/26/23. Has anybody seen any news about the classified documents that was found at Biden's residence and Penn Biden Center that he had since he was a senator and vice president where he had no ability to declassify? Trump was charged very quickly and raided...Biden was silently browsed and the news covered up for months until after an election. One was located in a locked room under protection of the secret service at Mar-A-Lago, and the other was in the garage behind his corvette and unsecured location in PA. Yet no charges have been brought. Can somebody tell me why?
Unit2Sucks
MinotStateBeav said:

It's almost 9/26/23. Has anybody seen any news about the classified documents that was found at Biden's residence and Penn Biden Center that he had since he was a senator and vice president where he had no ability to declassify? Trump was charged very quickly and raided...Biden was silently browsed and the news covered up for months until after an election. One was located in a locked room under protection of the secret service at Mar-A-Lago, and the other was in the garage behind his corvette and unsecured location in PA. Yet no charges have been brought. Can somebody tell me why?

I can tell you why but it won't stop you from continuing to ask this question.

Even if Biden were prosecutable for hanging on to classified documents (which were promptly returned without fuss when discovered, unlike Trump), there is an OLC memo which the DOJ has relied on for decades. It's why nothing in the Mieller report could ever have resulted in charges against Trump and why the Mueller report was written as it was.

None of this is new information.

Setting aside the fact that President Biden is protected by the OLC memo, Biden wouldn't be charged for the same reason Pence won't be charged. And but for Trump's numerous associated crimes in connection with his admittedly intentional retention of NDI, he wouldn't have been charged either. Trump was given ample opportunity to return the materials over an 18+ month period and all he did was commit more crimes.

Anyone who is paying attention knows all of this, so why are you pretending like this is some sort of surprise?

When you repeat lies enough, people start to believe them. Are you repeating them to try and confuse other people or have you heard them so many times you now believe them yourself?

MinotStateBeav
Biden held onto those documents for years and decades lol Mr. Promptly. It wasn't until after he ordered his DOJ to go after his political opponent that they went *cough *cough...we should make sure we don't have egg on our face? oops...lets take care of this silently before they move.

You are literally like arguing with some extreme TDS version of Maddow, nothing my guy does counts!!!!!!!!
sycasey
MinotStateBeav said:

Trump was charged very quickly and raided...
He was not charged quickly. His residence was only "raided" after he refused multiple requests to return the documents. If he'd just given them back immediately there would be no prosecution for this.
First Page Last Page
Page 230 of 337

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.