Breaking News

978,932 Views | 11767 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by movielover
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
10% For The Big Guy said:

Job opening in West Virginia. Joe Manchin will not be seeking re-election in 2024,

You're just rooting for Red.
You don't even know what Red stands for.

It's okay. We understand. The majority of Americans are actually similarly feeble-minded, just following their programming, without understanding why.

"TAKE OFF THAT RED SHIRT.
TAKE OFF THAT RED SHIRT.
TAKE OFF THAT RED SHIRT."

It's a call none of us can resist.
Like Pavlovs dogs, your response in automatic, known, expected.

Want me to prove it?

"TAKE OF THAT RED ...."
tequila4kapp

Job opening in West Virginia. Joe Manchin will not be seeking re-election in 2024, meaning that the position of "rotating villain who keeps the DemoKKKrats from ever accomplishing any of their pretend goals" will be open soon.

Also likely means one less Democratic Senator, so get ready for more radical religious clerics on the Supreme Court.

It means he knew he was going to lose.
concordtom
Breaking News:

A new island has appeared.
And Trump is plotting to travel there immediately so he can claim it as his own territory before anyone else can do so.

There will be no extradition treaty!

dajo9
tequila4kapp said:

Job opening in West Virginia. Joe Manchin will not be seeking re-election in 2024, meaning that the position of "rotating villain who keeps the DemoKKKrats from ever accomplishing any of their pretend goals" will be open soon.

Also likely means one less Democratic Senator, so get ready for more radical religious clerics on the Supreme Court.

I guess he was the last to know
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
sycasey
tequila4kapp said:

He's also getting pretty old. Probably best he doesn't try to hang on to the bitter end like McConnell or Feinstein. (Or Biden or Trump!)
MinotStateBeav

Completely normal behavior from the FBI.
Big C

All the Dems who hated Manchin will find out that what we needed was more like him (Dems who win in red states), not less.
concordtom
MinotStateBeav said:

Careful!
Remember, that could be YOU!
bearister
MinotStateBeav said:

This, like the James Woods tweet the other day about the UN World Order Agenda, is yet another example of how easy it is to shovel shyte to the Deplorables because they will never do the research to see if it is true, and even if they found the true facts, they either wouldn't care or believe them.

If I didn't have kids I would want tRump to win and bring the Fall of the American Empire ASAP. A nation whose citizens know that the Kardashians bleach their arseholes blond but can't answer basic civics or science questions and support a known racist, traitor, business fraud, sex offender, insurrectionist, and moral bankrupt like tRump, don't deserve to have their nation survive.

Man Who Spread Misinformation on Trump's Behalf Sentenced to 7 Months - The New York Times

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/10/18/nyregion/douglass-mackey-trump-sentencing.html
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
dajo9
Big C said:

All the Dems who hated Manchin will find out that what we needed was more like him (Dems who win in red states), not less.

More Beshear and Sherrod. Less Manchin.
bearister
dajo9 said:

Big C said:

More Beshear and Sherrod. Less Manchin.

How Manchin used politics to protect his family coal company - POLITICO

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/02/08/manchin-family-coal-company-00003218
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
movielover
Arrested 7 days after Biden took office for a 4 year old political tweet aimed at HRC.

Is it not yet clear who the FBI is?

dimitrig
Big C said:

oski003
The guys who stole thousands of dollars of jewelry and other personal items of CU players from their locker room were actually UCLA recruits visiting during the game. Apparently, this is a new form of NIL.
dajo9
movielover said:

Arrested 7 days after Biden took office for a 4 year old political tweet aimed at HRC.

Is it not yet clear who the FBI is?

I guess the FBI still has a division that prosecutes voter suppression, particularly when targeting African Americans.

I hope that same group in the FBI now investigates why there weren't enough ballots in African American districts in Mississippi for the election this year. I hope somebody goes to prison for that too.

If the FBI doesn't prosecute these KKK-style tactics used by Republicans they will continue.
Unit2Sucks
dajo9 said:

I guess the FBI still has a division that prosecutes voter suppression, particularly when targeting African Americans.

I hope that same group in the FBI now investigates why there weren't enough ballots in African American districts in Mississippi for the election this year. I hope somebody goes to prison for that too.

If the FBI doesn't prosecute these KKK-style tactics used by Republicans they will continue.
It would certainly have helped if SCOTUS didn't gut the Voting Rights Act in Shelby. Leonard Leo's boys did what they were nominated (and "gifted") to do and the results have been predictable. It's been much easier for conservative officials to suppress minority voters.

Great to see the federal government taking action against obvious election fraud like this clown who conspired with other people to use their social media influence to fraudulently convince black voters to believe they could vote by text message or by hashtag or other false means. It's a shame he only got 7 months for his crime when Crystal Mason received 5 years for casting a provisional ballot that she didn't realize was not permitted.

This is something where I believe we have bipartisan support - my understanding is the GOP opposes voter fraud so I assume they are jumping for joy at the conviction of an election fraudster like Mackey.
tequila4kapp
oski003 said:

The guys who stole thousands of dollars of jewelry and other personal items of CU players from their locker room were actually UCLA recruits visiting during the game. Apparently, this is a new form of NIL.
Holy crap. That is some seriously bad judgment. And sadly, schools will still line up to take them.
tequila4kapp
I haven't followed the case closely...had the impression Mackey posted some memes poking fun at HRC, blah, blah, blah.

Facts and details matter.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-edny/pr/social-media-influencer-douglass-mackey-convicted-election-interference-2016
"As proven at trial, between September 2016 and November 2016, Mackey conspired with other influential Twitter users and with members of private online groups to use social media platforms, including Twitter, to disseminate fraudulent messages that encouraged supporters of presidential candidate Hillary Clinton to "vote" via text message or social media which, in reality, was legally invalid. For example, on November 1, 2016, in or around the same time that Mackey was sending tweets suggesting the importance of limiting "black turnout," the defendant tweeted an image depicting an African American woman standing in front of an "African Americans for Hillary" sign. The ad stated: "Avoid the Line. Vote from Home," "Text 'Hillary' to 59925," and "Vote for Hillary and be a part of history." The fine print at the bottom of the deceptive image stated: "Must be 18 or older to vote. One vote per person. Must be a legal citizen of the United States. Voting by text not available in Guam, Puerto Rico, Alaska or Hawaii. Paid for by Hillary For President 2016." The tweet included the typed hashtag "#ImWithHer," a slogan frequently used by Hillary Clinton. On or about and before Election Day 2016, at least 4,900 unique telephone numbers texted "Hillary" or some derivative to the 59925 text number, which had been used in multiple deceptive campaign images tweeted by Mackey and his co-conspirators."

With the underlying facts of communicating about suppressing the vote and targeting people of color...enjoy your stay in the gray bar inn.
dajo9
tequila4kapp said:

I haven't followed the case closely...had the impression Mackey posted some memes poking fun at HRC, blah, blah, blah.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-edny/pr/social-media-influencer-douglass-mackey-convicted-election-interference-2016
"As proven at trial, between September 2016 and November 2016, Mackey conspired with other influential Twitter users and with members of private online groups to use social media platforms, including Twitter, to disseminate fraudulent messages that encouraged supporters of presidential candidate Hillary Clinton to "vote" via text message or social media which, in reality, was legally invalid. For example, on November 1, 2016, in or around the same time that Mackey was sending tweets suggesting the importance of limiting "black turnout," the defendant tweeted an image depicting an African American woman standing in front of an "African Americans for Hillary" sign. The ad stated: "Avoid the Line. Vote from Home," "Text 'Hillary' to 59925," and "Vote for Hillary and be a part of history." The fine print at the bottom of the deceptive image stated: "Must be 18 or older to vote. One vote per person. Must be a legal citizen of the United States. Voting by text not available in Guam, Puerto Rico, Alaska or Hawaii. Paid for by Hillary For President 2016." The tweet included the typed hashtag "#ImWithHer," a slogan frequently used by Hillary Clinton. On or about and before Election Day 2016, at least 4,900 unique telephone numbers texted "Hillary" or some derivative to the 59925 text number, which had been used in multiple deceptive campaign images tweeted by Mackey and his co-conspirators."

With the underlying facts of communicating about suppressing the vote and targeting people of color...enjoy your stay in the gray bar inn.
What does your conclusion say about Tucker Carlson?
tequila4kapp
dajo9 said:

tequila4kapp said:

What does your conclusion say about Tucker Carlson?
Have not watched it and don't have much interest in doing so.
movielover
Meanwhile, our Intelligence Community let's Antifa run free for years.

movielover
Suspect nabbed for anti-gay hate crimes on Brooklyn subway and bus; 'I cannot make this stop me from going to work,' victim says

https://www.nydailynews.com/2023/11/09/arrest-anti-gay-hate-crimes-brooklyn-subway-bus/

movielover
tequila4kapp
movielover said:

The irony is Roe proper handled that issue relatively well.

Casey is the real culprit. It began the slippery slope of moving away from the idea of competing interests (mom vs state, trimesters as a proxy for viability, etc.) and instead started us down the path of treating abortion as a fundamental right of women.
MinotStateBeav
tequila4kapp said:

Don't forget to text your vote in

bwhahahahahha, you have to be kidding me.
MinotStateBeav
Tom MacDonald dropped a nice song today
dimitrig
tequila4kapp said:

movielover said:

Casey is the real culprit. It began the slippery slope of moving away from the idea of competing interests (mom vs state, trimesters as a proxy for viability, etc.) and instead started us down the path of treating abortion as a fundamental right of women.

It is a fundamental right of women. I think even conservative women believe this. Abortion is a losing issue at the polls but Republicans are too stupid to realize that.

MinotStateBeav
dimitrig said:

tequila4kapp said:

movielover said:

It is a fundamental right of women. I think even conservative women believe this. Abortion is a losing issue at the polls but Republicans are too stupid to realize that.

Leave it at states right to call it. Then every state in the union can decide. The freak out by the left is way over the top on this. This gives you the ability to decide if that state represents what you want. The end. Ohio decided what it wants.
SFCityBear
dimitrig said:

tequila4kapp said:

movielover said:

A fundamental right of women? That is your opinion, the opinion of one side of the debate. I think you are wrong about conservative women. Why is it the left always has to put people in groups, and paint them with labels, as to what they may or may not believe? I'd agree that abortion is a losing issue at the polls, but just because Republicans are principled does not mean they are stupid. The democrats seem to have abandoned most of their principles, and now kowtow to the left. They have largely abandoned their liberal principles. Freedom is one of those liberal principles. They abandoned some principles, just to help win elections. Was that stupid? I think so. The Republicans believe in the principle of life. For you, that is stupid. It sounds like all you care about is winning elections. If we all stop holding to our principles, there will be no more debate, bullies will take over, and the democratic republic is doomed.
SFCityBear
dajo9
MinotStateBeav said:

dimitrig said:

tequila4kapp said:

movielover said:

Leave it at states right to call it. Then every state in the union can decide. The freak out by the left is way over the top on this. This gives you the ability to decide if that state represents what you want. The end. Ohio decided what it wants.

The genius of the U.S. Constitution has always been that it outsourced denial of individual rights to the states and kept its hands clean.
Unit2Sucks
SFCityBear said:

dimitrig said:

tequila4kapp said:

movielover said:

A fundamental right of women? That is your opinion, the opinion of one side of the debate. I think you are wrong about conservative women. Why is it the left always has to put people in groups, and paint them with labels, as to what they may or may not believe? I'd agree that abortion is a losing issue at the polls, but just because Republicans are principled does not mean they are stupid. The democrats seem to have abandoned most of their principles, and now kowtow to the left. They have largely abandoned their liberal principles. Freedom is one of those liberal principles. They abandoned some principles, just to help win elections. Was that stupid? I think so. The Republicans believe in the principle of life. For you, that is stupid. It sounds like all you care about is winning elections. If we all stop holding to our principles, there will be no more debate, bullies will take over, and the democratic republic is doomed.

I assumed you have figured this out by now but no one is required to have an abortion. So conservative women are not harmed in any way because progressive women defend all women's rights to choose for themselves.

What we are really talking about is whether evangelicals can force everyone else to comply with the demands of their chosen religion. That's no different from Sharia except we aren't supposed to live in a theocracy.

I think this tune will start to change as more and more women are forced to confront the consequences of their own Sharia. Sadly many will find that their healthcare decisions have been taken away at a time during which they matter the most - late in pregnancy where complications can mean death.
tequila4kapp
Unit2Sucks said:

What we are really talking about is whether evangelicals can force everyone else to comply with the demands of their chosen religion. That's no different from Sharia except we aren't supposed to live in a theocracy.

Wrong. Many people simply have a sense that the fetus is a human life, or future human life, and that this is a choice to commit murder. That has nothing to do with religion.

For many it is a human reaction to hearing the first heart beat, knowing the fetus can feel pain, etc. You obviously feel differently and that's your right but the inability to see this as anything than a movement to create a theocracy is actually quite sad.
dajo9
tequila4kapp said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Wrong. Many people simply have a sense that the fetus is a human life, or future human life, and that this is a choice to commit murder. That has nothing to do with religion.

For many it is a human reaction to hearing the first heart beat, knowing the fetus can feel pain, etc. You obviously feel differently and that's your right but the inability to see this as anything than a movement to create a theocracy is actually quite sad.

Why does the fetus have more rights than the woman? Your rights end where mine begin. That is true for women too.
Unit2Sucks
tequila4kapp said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Just because there are a small percentage of anti-choice people who aren't religious doesn't mean that the movement isn't powered by religion.

The polling is very clear - evangelicals overwhelmingly oppose choice and everyone else supports it. The draconian laws being passed in many states are transparently driven by religious extremist legislators and many lack common sense exceptions for non-viable pregnancies and the like. It's not controversial for me to claim that there is a connection between religiosity and abortion views.
oski003
dajo9 said:

tequila4kapp said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Why does the fetus have more rights than the woman? Your rights end where mine begin. That is true for women too.

In 99% of pregnancies, the woman made a conscious choice that lead to a reasonable likelihood they'd create a fetus. The fetus made no such choice.
First Page Last Page
Page 246 of 337

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.