Breaking News

978,703 Views | 11767 Replies | Last: 3 min ago by movielover
movielover
How long do you want to ignore this user?
okaydo
Big C said:

okaydo said:

I have an ethical dilemma:

So last week, in the middle of the night I could not sleep and at 2 a.m., I ended up buying these premium name-brand wireless earbuds brand-new for $65 on eBay.

These usually cost $200 new on Amazon, but you can get them new for about $100 new on eBay.

The price was too good to resist.

I love these earbuds. I have several of them and I wanted more.

At about 5 a.m., I decided that maybe I didn't need it.

So I tried to cancel. eBay said it was too late.

So I contacted the seller, a major eBay seller with hundreds of items in stock.

At around 6 a.m., a USPS tracking # was added to my order.

At around 7 a.m., the seller responded and canceled the order. I quickly got a refund.

But days later, the package arrived in the mail.

I quickly messaged the seller telling them that they had sent me the package in error.

It's been 2 days and they haven't responded back.

What should I do?

1. Should I repeatedly try to message them to take their package back?

2. Or should I wait until mid-May, and if they don't contact me, I'll open the sealed earbuds and keep it permanently?

Keep in mind, they already left me a positive review.

Just how many earbuds do you have and why so many? Wait, how many ears do you have?

I have many that are linked to my iPhone. Because I'm so dependent on them for my work. Then I have many linked to my other iPhone. I have some linked to my iPad. I have a lot linked to my TV.

I'll detail them a bit more later. We'll see how this pans out. I have so many.
okaydo
movielover said:

Email again, good karma.

Okay, you guilt-tripped me. I emailed again. This is the last time.

movielover
AunBear89
Cool story, bro. Why should we care what one intolerant bigot thinks about another intolerant bigot, as told to a third intolerant bigot?

Why do you care? Or are you just perving on Gina and wishing you were Elon?
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
movielover
bear2034
AunBear89 said:

Cool story, bro. Why should we care what one intolerant bigot thinks about another intolerant bigot, as told to a third intolerant bigot?

Why do you care? Or are you just perving on Gina and wishing you were Elon?

Once again, you're on record defending Disney and the peed0s.
MinotStateBeav

Joelor Bidenz
movielover
Scandal-Plagued FCI Dublin - women's prison - To Close: Reports

"The Federal Correctional Institute in Dublin, a women's prison found to be rampant with sexual abuse, will close, the Federal Bureau of Prisons announced Monday."

"...The prison came under significant scrutiny in February 2022, when the Associated Press ran a detailed expos of a prison rife with sexual abuse that was known as the "rape club." According to the article, numerous guards and administrators sexually abused multiple inmates, and threatened retaliation if inmates told or did not comply."

Eight former employees have been charged, seven convicted.

https://patch.com/california/pleasanton/s/ivxfd/scandalplagued-fci-dublin-to-close-reports?utm_source=alert-breakingnews&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=alert&user_email=e9ecd6aa5388b4178e2e79756419951ea63945a7dc7c9470f72721e8fe2b0d3a&user_email_md5=27803e7cbf2e33ce6844af8569266f12&lctg=5022a1528bb0acb08e75ad68
movielover
The San Francisco Standard: Women accused a rising SF political star of rape and abuse and met a wall of silence

"Despite filing separate police reports against Jon Jacobo, three women say their stories have been ignored until now."

https://sfstandard.com/2024/04/16/san-francisco-housing-jon-jacobo-accused-of-sex-crimes-abuse/?utm_campaign=SF%20Standard%20Daily&utm_medium=email&utm_source=SF%20Standard&utm_content=hero

A friend who worked with The City said it was riddled with corruption and waste. The Standard has tracked some of it.

The San Francisco Standard: Feds say developer who bribed city officials should skip prison time

Sia Tahbazof, who admitted to giving bribes in a plea deal, also received a letter of support from longtime San Francisco politician John Burton.

https://sfstandard.com/2024/04/15/sia-tahbazof-light-sentence-bribes/?utm_campaign=SF%20Standard%20Daily&utm_medium=email&utm_source=SF%20Standard&utm_content=top_stories
concordtom
WASHINGTON The Supreme Court on Monday declined to hear an appeal from Mike Lindell, the MyPillow founder and prominent election denier, who unsuccessfully argued his rights were violated when FBI agents seized his phone in 2022.

The federal government was investigating the sharing of sensitive information from Colorado's computerized voting systems. Lindell was a key ally of Donald Trump.

Lindell's phone was seized while he was in the drive through lane of a Hardee's restaurant in Minnesota, as Lindell was on his way home from a duck hunting trip.

"Lindell's irritation as to where and how the government took possession of his cell phone does not give rise to a constitutional claim, let alone a showing of a callous disregard for his constitutional rights," Judge Ralph Erickson of the St. Louis-based 8th Circuit Court of Appeals wrote in decision last September.

The FBI had questioned Lindell about Tina Peters, the Mesa County clerk in Colorado who was indicted in 2022 over accusations that she improperly permitted someone to copy access passwords and other files from a secure voting system and post them online, exposing the machines to hackers. Peters has argued the files posted online from the machines she supervised demonstrated flaws in the systems.
DiabloWags
The 37 year old record in the Men's Discus (the longest standing record in track and field) got CRUSHED this past weekend in Oklahoma by none other than a 21-year old CAL BEAR.

Mykolas Alekna throws 243-11

WORLD RECORD !!!

His Dad had recorded the longest throw in Olympic history.
His son just took out the record from 1986 held by East German Jurgen Schult.

Can't wait to see what he does at Mt. Sac down in Walnut, Ca this weekend and in Paris this summer!

Discus throwers don't peak until they are well into their 30's and 40's.
This WORLD RECORD holder is going to have a very long ride!

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
movielover
movielover
New York Post: Trans 'vampire' woman sexually assaulted teen, charged in death of disabled man

Apparently the trans vampire felt 'disrespected'.

https://nypost.com/2024/04/16/us-news/trans-woman-who-identifies-as-vampire-sexually-assaulted-teen-charged-in-death-of-disabled-man/
bear2034
movielover said:

New York Post: Trans 'vampire' woman sexually assaulted teen, charged in death of disabled man

Apparently the trans vampire felt 'disrespected'.

https://nypost.com/2024/04/16/us-news/trans-woman-who-identifies-as-vampire-sexually-assaulted-teen-charged-in-death-of-disabled-man/

Can we get all the violent trans, illegals, Hamas supporters, street criminals, climate cultists, Democrat judges, and congressmen in one room so they can figure things out?
movielover
Palestinian Chicken
MinotStateBeav said:

I've Been at NPR for 25 Years. Here's How We Lost America's Trust. -Uri Berliner, a veteran at the public radio institution, says the network lost its way when it started telling listeners how to think.

https://www.thefp.com/p/npr-editor-how-npr-lost-americas-trust

Really great article and tracks when I kind of stopped listening to NPR in 2012 or 2013. It was always kinda liberal but it changed and went pretty far left.

movielover
Benny Johnson robbed at Oakland In-N-Out Burger while shooting segment about it closing due to robberies

"Oakland has seen a 43 percent increase in strong-armed robberies within the last year, according to stats from Nov. 2023. The city's violent crime reached its highest numbers since the crime wave of the 90s. "

https://thepostmillennial.com/benny-johnson-crew-robbed-while-filming-shooting-video-about-in-n-out-burger-closing-in-oakland-due-to-robberies
movielover
Not surprised.

movielover
WTH?

dajo9
Is that NASCAR? Looks like NASCAR. Does James Woods post NASCAR fights?
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
movielover
Looks like a Barbi fight.
dajo9
movielover said:

Why did you post that fight instead of any number of redneck race car fights?
bear2034
dajo9 said:

movielover said:

Feel free to post 'em. But I can tell you there are way more fights of people of other races fighting.
dajo9
bear2034 said:

dajo9 said:

movielover said:

Feel free to post 'em. But I can tell you there are way more fights of people of other races fighting.

Watching people of other races fight has become pure entertainment now?

Explain that to me
bear2034
dajo9 said:

bear2034 said:

dajo9 said:

movielover said:

Watching people of other races fight has become pure entertainment now?

Explain that to me
Thongs are entertaining.
movielover
MinotStateBeav
Wish people knew what was going on in Niger.

Cal88
bearister
Matt Gaetz. Shelf life of a medic on Omaha Beach. Taking root in an exercise yard within 2 years.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bear2034
MinotStateBeav said:

Wish people knew what was going on in Niger.

Coverup: The situation in Niger is a massive foreign policy failure and the US media is refusing to report on it because they fear it will hurt Biden's reelection efforts.

After the arrival of Russian troops, almost 1,000 US soldiers were effectively under house arrest and US planes have not been allowed to take off or land. Upon the release of US troops Russian forces will assume control of our $100M airbase.

movielover
Slander?

bearister
Defamation is a statement that injures a party's reputation. You won't see a defamation action (unless it is a stunt quickly dismissed) filed by Matt Gaetz any time soon because:

1. His reputation would be a central issue in the case. Whether it be merited or unmerited (we all know it's merited), Gaetz has a horrific reputation. Successfully proving damage to his reputation would be nothing short of Houdini-esq. Discovery on that issue would be sh@its & giggles;

2. Unlike a criminal proceeding where discovery against a defendant is not allowed, in a defamation action, Gaetz would have to submit himself to days of videotaped deposition. He would either have to perjure himself or, and this is more likely, assert his 5th Amendment privilege so that his deposition testimony couldn't be used against him in a criminal proceeding.

Whenever a party to a civil action asserts the 5th, the jury thinks they a crook, regardless of what a jury instruction says about the matter.

In conclusion : Matt Gaetz ain't filin' no defamation action anytime soon.

Palestinian Chicken
movielover said:

Slander?

First Aaron Rodgers and now Tony Gonzalez?

bearister
First Page Last Page
Page 297 of 337

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.