Mueller Report: THE EAGLE HAS LANDED

38,711 Views | 419 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BearForce2
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Golden One said:

Another Bear said:

So for you and the GOP it's party over country. Gotcha.

America first...MAGA!
The party's not over because the Dems in Congress will continue their temper tantrum until they realize it's costing them the election in 2020. Schiff, Nadler, Schumer, and Pelosi are making fools out of themselves, which is perfectly fine with me. I hope they keep it up.

I remember how the Republican temper tantrum over Hillary, including calling her to testify for like 11 hours, really hurt the GOP.
blungld
Golden One: you essentially disappeared from this thread and then the day the letter comes out, you appear and say egg on the faces of Democrats and so forth.

You really think your sudden statements are not partisan and not meant to be rah rah, I won, told you so?

I think Barr's letter is fairly clean and clear. But again let's be real, there are some questions around him, the letter itself, and the underlying report. Things just don't entirely add up or make sense.

I do not want a protracted Democrat investigation without purpose. But I think three things are more than reasonable (though I think we will only get .5):

1) The president should have answered questions under oath to the public.
2) The president should have released his personal and corporate tax returns.
3) The public should see the entire Mueller report.

Does that sound unreasonable? Why shouldn't we have those three things?

"The Bear will not quilt, the Bear will not dye!"
concordtom
blungld said:

concordtom said:

If I'm ever in CT, please allow me to buy you lunch. And if you run for office, let me know so I can vote for you.
You win the prize as best member of the BI community.
That's hilarious...and thank you.

I will say, I have never ever considered government. I never felt qualified or that I had anything to offer. In some sick twisted ironic way, the past 2 years have made me feel qualified and that I do have something to offer.
Yeah, I know what you mean, cause #MeToo.

Watching Trump is like looking at a classroom of screaming spastic kindergarteners.
"Oh, I can outdo this!"

Golden One
blungld said:

Golden One: you essentially disappeared from this thread and then the day the letter comes out, you appear and say egg on the faces of Democrats and so forth.

You really think your sudden statements are not partisan and not meant to be rah rah, I won, told you so?

I think Barr's letter is fairly clean and clear. But again let's be real, there are some questions around him, the letter itself, and the underlying report. Things just don't entirely add up or make sense.

I do not want a protracted Democrat investigation without purpose. But I think three things are more than reasonable (though I think we will only get .5):

1) The president should have answered questions under oath to the public.
2) The president should have released his personal and corporate tax returns.
3) The public should see the entire Mueller report.

Does that sound unreasonable? Why shouldn't we have those three things?

I agree with 2) and 3). They're very reasonable.
concordtom
Golden One said:

sycasey said:

Golden One said:

No collusion. No obstruction. Trump is completely vindicated and Democrats have egg all over their faces. Sad day for all the Trump haters.

You realize that Mueller offered no conclusions about obstruction, right?

I had no expectation about collusion. The more we learned the more it seemed like the Trump team was not organized enough to actively collude on anything.
Mueller didn't, but Barr and Rosenstein did. Give it up. You lost.
Hey Golden One.
I'm sorry to see that you have lost your faculties.
Senility is a *****.
B.A. Bearacus
Another Bear
There's still a MAJOR Russia problem. While Trump didn't collude with them, they still fccked with election.

As for Barr...I don't know how he draws conclusions there was no obstruction. Firing Comey was the only the beginning.

We'll see if the whole report is released. If there's a delay or reason they're not going to release it...then it's a cover up.
Peanut Gallery Consultant
B.A. Bearacus
Golden One said:

I agree completely that none of this is good for the country. So why do the Dems insist that this saga be continued with further Congressional investigations, etc.? Taking party over country is not my problem, but it seems to be the problem with most of the posters in this thread, whose hate for Trump seems to transcend their love of country.
It's because we and sane Republicans love our country that we hate DT. If we didn't care so much about our country we wouldn't give a **** about DT. You really have this distorted.
Genocide Joe 58
Golden One said:

hate for Trump seems to transcend their love of country.
My feelings for the president and my feelings about the country are not necessarily the same, though I'm disappointed in many things about my country. My feelings toward Trump are much stronger than that and I look forward to voting him out in a year and a half.
kelly09
OdontoBear66 said:

Yogi Bear said:

OdontoBear66 said:

So the Mueller report is in and after 22 months & millions, plus innuendo, Congress now wants to investigate.
Why is this a surprise to you? Congress has been talking about performing further investigations based on the findings of the report for some time now. Were you just not paying attention to any of that?
When is the new Dem House going to start doing the business of Congress. So now they do not believe their own "aka Mueller, McCabe,, Rosenstein, et al" so they want to pursue further. Understand that this report has a prosecutorial bias so if you don't like it, watch out. The rest is political. The further you extend it the worse you look.

Hey, I truly understand they hate Trump, and I don't even like the guy but when are you going to give it up.

If ever this was done with Madame Clinton or Obama, transparency was shut down from the get go, and you know it.

Living in SoCal I know Obama was asked to leave Occidental in his soph year, and his records were sealed. Never to this day exposed. Quite frankly, I don't know what they can put in the Obama Library as most of his life was "sealed".

Lies are on both sides. Politics is ugly. Just because one does not like the actions of one side, does not compute that they approve of those of the other. So it is not a tit for tat....

Get the f'ing Dems on to doing some good for the country. Sorry about the disappointment of the Mueller report.
My first job out of school was bring an underpaid and overworked slave for a national management consulting company. My degree wasn't good enough. The company required my submission of my school transcripts. I could not have gotten into law schooll at Columbia. Frankly not Boalt either. I suspect I would have had killer grades at Oxy. Your point is very well made, Odonto.
B.A. Bearacus
OdontoBear66 said:

Living in SoCal I know Obama was asked to leave Occidental in his soph year, and his records were sealed. Never to this day exposed. Quite frankly, I don't know what they can put in the Obama Library as most of his life was "sealed".
What on earth are you talking about?
wifeisafurd
Another Bear said:

There's still a MAJOR Russia problem. While Trump didn't collude with them, they still fccked with election.

As for Barr...I don't know how he draws conclusions there was no obstruction. Firing Comey was the only the beginning.

We'll see if the whole report is released. If there's a delay or reason they're not going to release it...then it's a cover up.
there still is a major Russia problem which seems to be ignored. How do we prevent this from happening again, or does anyone even give a ****?

Sorry to mention a legal nicety, but you have to have a crime to have obstruction. Trump just got exonerated and not charged for what Mueller had jurisdiction over. Look for an obstruction charge coming-up in another investigation (Southern District) instead. Patience.

The whole report will never be released. Read my post above. Once again, those legal niceties. Dems may be able to get some more information, but not anything subject to privledge under the rules governing independent counsels.
wifeisafurd
okaydo said:

Golden One said:

Another Bear said:

America first...MAGA!
The party's not over because the Dems in Congress will continue their temper tantrum until they realize it's costing them the election in 2020. Schiff, Nadler, Schumer, and Pelosi are making fools out of themselves, which is perfectly fine with me. I hope they keep it up.

I remember how the Republican temper tantrum over Hillary, including calling her to testify for like 11 hours, really hurt the GOP.
I thought the GOP lost credibility, especially when they cried fowl about other things she did later.

Okay, he didn't collude, there are a lot of other investigations on going. Focus on those. Especially the tax, campaign financing law investigation in New York.
bearister
My emotional state in a gif:

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
sycasey
wifeisafurd said:

Another Bear said:

there still is a major Russia problem which seems to be ignored. How do we prevent this from happening again, or does anyone even give a ****?
Yeah, bingo. If Democrats want to continue to focus on anything out of this Russia investigation, that's it. Doesn't matter if Trump was involved or not, how do we stop hostile foreign countries from trying to mess with our elections again?

As for how this affects Trump's re-election chances: my guess is not very much. If the report had been released right before the next election, then it could give him a temporary lift that would affect the result. But we're more than a year out from that, so my guess is that whatever popularity boost it gives him right now would fade by then. And given that polls have consistently showed "Russia" as a low priority for voters, my guess is also that the bump won't be huge. The only thing that would have resulted in major shifts in Trump's favorability would probably be if Mueller had actually charged him with something, but of course that didn't happen. A kind of "meh" result like this just maintains the status quo.

It's good for Trump in that it removes one major potential stumbling block for him.
Sonofoski
Another Bear said:

You don't seem to get it, Comey is an "at will" employee. He can be fired at any time for no reason.

Besides, after Comey was fired, Rosenstein was appointed to replace him and he appointed the Special Counsel.

There is no obstruction with the firing of Comey.
wifeisafurd
sycasey said:

wifeisafurd said:

Another Bear said:

Yeah, bingo. If Democrats want to continue to focus on anything out of this Russia investigation, that's it. Doesn't matter if Trump was involved or not, how do we stop hostile foreign countries from trying to mess with our elections again?

As for how this affects Trump's re-election chances: my guess is not very much. If the report had been released right before the next election, then it could give him a temporary lift that would affect the result. But we're more than a year out from that, so my guess is that whatever popularity boost it gives him right now would fade by then. And given that polls have consistently showed "Russia" as a low priority for voters, my guess is also that the bump won't be huge. The only thing that would have resulted in major shifts in Trump's favorability would probably be if Mueller had actually charged him with something, but of course that didn't happen. A kind of "meh" result like this just maintains the status quo.

It's good for Trump in that it removes one major potential stumbling block for him.
How I see it. Was listening to this NPR program and they were interviewing people across the nation on their expectations before we knew what the Mueller report said. Basic view was we are not obsessed with it like you folks in the media and Beltway, but we do want to know what it says and react accordingly. Most people were asking when is Congress going to do something about the Russians invading our internet? (Their wording, not mine). Trump losses his baby bounce when he attacks another war hero (or says some other dumb thing) on twitter. The Dems just need to move on to Trump's next scandal. Congress might actually pay attention that people don't like the Ruskies screwing with us. And Cal can hire a good, new basketball coach!
BearNIt
Could there be some kind of discrepancy between the Barr letter and the actual Special Counsel's report? What happens to the cases that have been spread out by the Special Counsel in Virginia, Washington D.C., The Southern District of New York, and others? What happens to the Campaign Finance, Trump Organization, Trump Inauguration Committee, Trump Transition team investigations. Was there substantial evidence of obstruction? There seem to be a lot of questions which are yet to be answered. The spiking of the football seems to be premature. The big question is will we discover the exact contents of the Special Counsel's report and how it will come about?

For Democrats, they will have to show that they can govern and still seek the answers that everyone wants to know concerning Trump. What are the facts that the AG Barr is basing his decisions on?
concordtom
kelly09 said:

OdontoBear66 said:

Yogi Bear said:

OdontoBear66 said:

So the Mueller report is in and after 22 months & millions, plus innuendo, Congress now wants to investigate.
Why is this a surprise to you? Congress has been talking about performing further investigations based on the findings of the report for some time now. Were you just not paying attention to any of that?
When is the new Dem House going to start doing the business of Congress. So now they do not believe their own "aka Mueller, McCabe,, Rosenstein, et al" so they want to pursue further. Understand that this report has a prosecutorial bias so if you don't like it, watch out. The rest is political. The further you extend it the worse you look.

Hey, I truly understand they hate Trump, and I don't even like the guy but when are you going to give it up.

If ever this was done with Madame Clinton or Obama, transparency was shut down from the get go, and you know it.

Lies are on both sides. Politics is ugly. Just because one does not like the actions of one side, does not compute that they approve of those of the other. So it is not a tit for tat....

Get the f'ing Dems on to doing some good for the country. Sorry about the disappointment of the Mueller report.
My first job out of school was bring an underpaid and overworked slave for a national management consulting company. My degree wasn't good enough. The company required my submission of my school transcripts. I could not have gotten into law schooll at Columbia. Frankly not Boalt either. I suspect I would have had killer grades at Oxy. Your point is very well made, Odonto.
From what I've read elsewhere on this website, you would have had killer grades at Stanford, too.
Ba dum, ching.

So, Kelly, are you going to vote for Trump in 2020 no matter which republican or democrat or independent candidate goes against him? Is he the very best person to be president in your mind? If you are going to vote for him, then what are the reasons?
Please display for us in your essay answer why your grades sucked.
concordtom
B.A. Bearacus said:

OdontoBear66 said:

He's racist.

Obama was the most intelligent speaking president I've heard in my lifetime or on video.
Did he speak slowly like a machine at times? Yes.
But what came out of his mouth was well considered and made sense.
His mistake was youth. I'm guessing that if he had aged another 15 years, his skin would have been thicker to take on his opponents. He'd have been bolder. He was too ideal and wanted to be bipartisan, and expected others would be as well. Instead, opponents saw the weakness and carved a path a mile wide. For instance, Obama should never have been silent in allowing McConnell to stall Merrick Garland for 18 months. Obama should have taken some pages out of the trump public opinion manipulation machine by blasting endlessly that move. But Obama is a nice guy, and doesn't play politics that way.
concordtom
wifeisafurd said:

sycasey said:

wifeisafurd said:

Another Bear said:

How I see it. Was listening to this NPR program and they were interviewing people across the nation on their expectations before we knew what the Mueller report said. Basic view was we are not obsessed with it like you folks in the media and Beltway, but we do want to know what it says and react accordingly. Most people were asking when is Congress going to do something about the Russians invading our internet? (Their wording, not mine). Trump losses his baby bounce when he attacks another war hero (or says some other dumb thing) on twitter. The Dems just need to move on to Trump's next scandal. Congress might actually pay attention that people don't like the Ruskies screwing with us. And Cal can hire a good, new basketball coach!
So, wife, are YOU going to vote for trump again?
Sign our country up for his sh*tshow again?
Because it's supposedly good for your pocketbook?
(Until the crash, that is)
concordtom
wifeisafurd said:

okaydo said:

Golden One said:

Another Bear said:

America first...MAGA!

I thought the GOP lost credibility, especially when they cried fowl about other things she did later.

Okay, he didn't collude, there are a lot of other investigations on going. Focus on those. Especially the tax, campaign financing law investigation in New York.
Did you ever read the nytimes report on how trumps dad created a structure for him to be receiving income as owner of dad's mortgages starting at age 3, and all the other questionable maneuvers?
Trump lied about his money, the source of it, how rich he is, his successes and failures, and there's no doubt that if his taxes are ever revealed, the nation will vomit.

The man is a lying, manipulating, self serving machine.
Why anyone would think he's acceptable is beyond me.
Zombie brains, as I say.
bearister
Within an hour of learning the findings," the WashPost reports, "Trump called for an investigation of his critics and cast himself as a victim."

"Aides say Trump plans to ... call for organizations to fire members of the media and former government officials who he believes made false accusations about him."

Don Jr., the president's eldest son, tweeted: "How this farce started and snowballed ... into one the greatest hoaxes ever perpetrated on the America should be discovered. Those responsible should be held accountable."

And Rudy Giuliani said on Fox News: "[T]here has to be a full and complete investigation, with at least as much enthusiasm as this one, to figure out where did this charge emanate, who started it, and who paid for it." Axios

...and so we proceed down the road to totalitarianism. First seize he presses, throw them into the street and roll the tanks over them. Next come the journalists...

What to Make of Bill Barr's Letter

https://www.lawfareblog.com/what-make-bill-barrs-letter
Anarchistbear
The only good thing that came from this is that the veil has been lifted on the whole FISA process and the fragility of civil liberties. An American, Carter Page, is accused of espionage and spied on by his own government with no due process. And on what basis? You'd think considering that a number of the characters involved in this - Comey, McCabe, etc- have been disgraced, and that the suspect Steele document was some basis for the wiretap that this looks like gross misconduct and the process would be validated. But both parties are willing advocates of the FISA process and security state so nothing is likely to happen. Meanwhile Page was never indicted.
kelly09
concordtom said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

OdontoBear66 said:

He's racist.

Obama was the most intelligent speaking president I've heard in my lifetime or on video.
His mistake was youth. I'm guessing that if he had aged another 15 years, his skin would have been thicker to take on his opponents. He'd have been bolder. He was too ideal and wanted to be bipartisan, and expected others would be as well. Instead, opponents saw the weakness and carved a path a mile wide. For instance, Obama should never have been silent in allowing McConnell to stall Merrick Garland for 18 months. Obama should have taken some pages out of the trump public opinion manipulation machine by blasting endlessly that move. But Obama is a nice guy, and doesn't play politics that way.
Obama may sound smart....
Another Bear
wifeisafurd said:

Another Bear said:

Sorry to mention a legal nicety, but you have to have a crime to have obstruction. Trump just got exonerated and not charged for what Mueller had jurisdiction over. Look for an obstruction charge coming-up in another investigation (Southern District) instead. Patience.

The whole report will never be released. Read my post above. Once again, those legal niceties. Dems may be able to get some more information, but not anything subject to privledge under the rules governing independent counsels.
Russia finally won the Cold War. My take at this point, in reference to history: this marks the end of the American century (20th). Like how decades don't end on a "0" year but instead with a historic marker...like the 60s ended when Nixon resigned. Some say 9/11 was the end of the American Century but I think losing the Cold War is it...or the final nail in the coffin. The system failed. Social media will prove to be bad in historic context.

So no collusion...but Trump is not clear. FBI took a major hit In any case. So SDNY.
Peanut Gallery Consultant
OdontoBear66
kelly09 said:

concordtom said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

OdontoBear66 said:

He's racist.

Obama may sound smart....
Obama is and was smart. He espoused policies I most always disagreed with. He lacked transparency in my opinion, but then who is Washington does not? But in the posters mind if you did not care for Obama's Presidency that makes you racist. One cannot respond to ridiculous charges like that.
wifeisafurd
concordtom said:

wifeisafurd said:

okaydo said:

Golden One said:

Another Bear said:

America first...MAGA!

Did you ever read the nytimes report on how trumps dad created a structure for him to be receiving income as owner of dad's mortgages starting at age 3, and all the other questionable maneuvers?
Trump lied about his money, the source of it, how rich he is, his successes and failures, and there's no doubt that if his taxes are ever revealed, the nation will vomit.

The man is a lying, manipulating, self serving machine.
Why anyone would think he's acceptable is beyond me.
Zombie brains, as I say.
Be patient. Plenty of other investigations on going.
wifeisafurd
bearister said:

Within an hour of learning the findings," the WashPost reports, "Trump called for an investigation of his critics and cast himself as a victim."

"Aides say Trump plans to ... call for organizations to fire members of the media and former government officials who he believes made false accusations about him."

Don Jr., the president's eldest son, tweeted: "How this farce started and snowballed ... into one the greatest hoaxes ever perpetrated on the America should be discovered. Those responsible should be held accountable."

And Rudy Giuliani said on Fox News: "[T]here has to be a full and complete investigation, with at least as much enthusiasm as this one, to figure out where did this charge emanate, who started it, and who paid for it." Axios

...and so we proceed down the road to totalitarianism. First seize he presses, throw them into the street and roll the tanks over them. Next come the journalists...

To harken back, the original intent of the investigation was to find out the extent of Russian influence. There is ample evidence that Congress was right in investigating Russian influence and Rosenstein was right in ordering the Mueller investigation. There is a Russian problem. Trump may think everything is about him, but it isn't. Congress would do well to focus on the Russian problem, since the FBI total F'ed it up.

As for an investigation, not going to happen. The FBI is in bad enough shape after this. Barr will find away to distance the FBI and Justice from engaging in a witch hunt. The media that screamed about Trump colluding with the Russians already took a credibility hit, we don't need to sacrifice the First Amendment with some stupid investigation over people gun jumping and making what turned out to be incorrect remarks. That happens to us all at some point (or at least me).
kelly09
wifeisafurd said:

bearister said:

To harken back, the original intent of the investigation was to find out the extent of Russian influence. There is ample evidence that Congress was right in investigating Russian influence and Rosenstein was right in ordering the Mueller investigation. There is a Russian problem. Trump may think everything is about him, but it isn't. Congress would do well to focus on the Russian problem, since the FBI total F'ed it up.

As for an investigation, not going to happen. The FBI is in bad enough shape after this. Barr will find away to distance the FBI and Justice from engaging in a witch hunt. The media that screamed about Trump colluding with the Russians already took a credibility hit, we don't need to sacrifice the First Amendment with some stupid investigation over people gun jumping and making what turned out to be incorrect remarks. That happens to us all at some point (or at least me).
Barr has got to go forward on invetigations into the DOJ, FBI and Brennan's CIA.The behavior or these entities in getting involved in American politics was despicable. It goes beyond that. Flynn's unmasking, the use of the Dossier and leaking of classified materials to an anti Trump media. All of this was bad and has to be dealt with.
Anarchistbear
Comey's interference in the 2016 election probably cost Clinton her defeat.

At least two or more high level FBI people "colluded" to invent an "investigation" of Trump which seems to have little basis in fact.

Meanwhile the Clapper, Brennans and Comeys of the world are paid consultants, book sellers and shameless mouthpieces constantly talking of "treason" to Rachel Maddow

It's obvious that the root of a lot of this hysteria and misinformation is not overseas but home grown. But nothing will happen because it will reveal the sordid truths about seats of power in this country
kelly09
Anarchistbear said:

Comey's interference in the 2016 election probably cost Clinton her defeat.

At least two or more high level FBI people "colluded" to invent an "investigation" of Trump which seems to have little basis in fact.

Meanwhile the Clapper, Brennans and Comeys of the world are paid consultants, book sellers and shameless mouthpieces constantly talking of "treason" to Rachel Maddow

It's obvious that the root of a lot of this hysteria and misinformation is not overseas but home grown. But nothing will happen because it will reveal the sordid truths about seats of power in this country
Sadly AB, you're probably right.
bearister
No one on either team will ever get criminally convicted of anything because since the nation is divided into camps, there will always be at least one juror in the same camp as the defendant that is willing to engage in jury nullification and ignore the evidence.

Does that sentence get me kicked on of the Hemingway Club?
OBear073akaSMFan
kelly09 said:

wifeisafurd said:

bearister said:

Barr has got to go forward on invetigations into the DOJ, FBI and Brennan's CIA.The behavior or these entities in getting involved in American politics was despicable. It goes beyond that. Flynn's unmasking, the use of the Dossier and leaking of classified materials to an anti Trump media. All of this was bad and has to be dealt with.
..and all of Trump's deep throat pipe cleaners such as Barr, Sanders, and many on these sites should be investigated.
sycasey
bearister said:

No one on either team will ever get criminally convicted of anything because since the nation is divided into camps, there will always be at least one juror in the same camp as the defendant that is willing to engage in jury nullification and ignore the evidence.

Does that sentence get me kicked on of the Hemingway Club?
Manafort got convicted, so that's already plainly not true. They even interviewed a MAGA juror who still voted to convict because the evidence was clear.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.