Quid Pro Joe

16,777 Views | 192 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by bearlyamazing
AunBear89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sycasey said:

bearlyamazing said:

half of America supports the work Trump has done as president
If the polls are any indication, it's less than half.

Numbers and facts.... Pfftt! They have a liberal bias.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
blungld
sycasey said:

bearlyamazing said:

Let me ask, do you think they REALLY support the work he has done. Or is about 40% of the country so been convinced of the demonization of Democrats that they want to pledge support to Trump as an anti-Liberal stance. If they were injected with truth serum, what percentage of GOP and therefore America actually supports Trump? Like if they could quickly swap him out for another GOP president so they's lose no power, but put an end to his behavior and "work," would they?

I of course have no idea, but LESS than half support him now (40% give or take) and I'd be willing to bet that it's about 15-25% that actually really support him and his work as opposed to support the party and anti-liberalism.
bearlyamazing
Look, your sudden call for civility is fine but your words and your usual nauseatingly condescending posts betray that position. However, going forward, if you speak with civility to me, I'll do the same in return.

As for TDS, I don't use the term to try and mock people. I really believe when this timeframe is looked back upon by mental health experts, there will at a minimum be a major footnote made about the change in mental well-being in a multitude of Trump opponents that's out of the range of normal.

There have been many unpopular republican politicians with the left over time, including Reagan and Bush. But none of the reactions have remotely approached what we've seen in the past four years. Absolute rage, chronic depression, cutting people out of their lives (including family members) just for voting republican. Unprecedented levels of accusations of racism, sexism, xenophobia and homophobia just for voting republican, even if the person accused never says a word of support for Trump or conservative values. Just the very fact that they're republican and align themselves with Trump in any way whatsoever is enough.

You think I'm exaggerating? If you have any conservative friends any of you on the left haven't yet cut out of your lives, ask if they've seen it happen to them with alarming frequency.
Unit2Sucks
bearlyamazing said:

As for TDS, I don't use the term to try and mock people. I really believe when this timeframe is looked back upon by mental health experts, there will at a minimum be a major footnote made about the change in mental well-being in a multitude of Trump opponents that's out of the range of normal.

Just curious since it sounds like you believe yourself to be a mental health expert - what do you think they will say about a multitude of Trump supporters?
bearlyamazing
AunBear89 said:

sycasey said:

bearlyamazing said:

Numbers and facts.... Pfftt! They have a liberal bias.
Speaking of inconvenient facts (from the left leaning Newsweek), here's this. And that's after being relentlessly hammered by bogus investigations running through every day of his presidency and a mainstream media of ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC and CNN marching in complete lockstep against him. Astonishing, really.

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-approval-rating-higher-obama-1460076

"DONALD TRUMP'S APPROVAL RATING SURPASSES OBAMA'S, NOT JUST ON RASMUSSEN REPORTS
BY JESSICA KWONG ON 9/18/19 AT 6:14 PM EDT

President Donald Trump's job approval rating this week averaged across major polls surpassed that of his predecessor President Barack Obama at the same time eight years ago, giving some actual good news to Trump who is known to cite only conservative-leaning polls to bolster his image.

Trump's approval rating on Wednesday was 44.3 percent, according to a Real Clear Politics average of more than a half-dozen major polls. That is higher than Obama's average approval rating of 43.9 percent on September 18, 2011, by the same measure.

The 45th president's average approval rating surpassed that of his predecessor on Monday and stayed on top for the next two days. Trump's average approval rating on Monday was 44.1 percent compared to Obama's 43.9 percent on September 16, 2011, and 44 percent on Tuesday compared to Obama's 43.8 percent on September 17, 2011.
bearlyamazing
Unit2Sucks said:

bearlyamazing said:

Just curious since it sounds like you believe yourself to be a mental health expert - what do you think they will say about a multitude of Trump supporters?
Oh there are plenty of whack jobs who are Trump supporters. That doesn't change my point.
Unit2Sucks
bearlyamazing said:

Unit2Sucks said:

bearlyamazing said:

Oh there are plenty of whack jobs who are Trump supporters. That doesn't change my point.
And just to be clear, are you saying that the fact that the president induced a "change in mental well-being in a multitude of Trump opponents that's out of the range of normal" to be a defense of the president?
bearlyamazing
blungld said:

sycasey said:

bearlyamazing said:

Let me ask, do you think they REALLY support the work he has done. Or is about 40% of the country so been convinced of the demonization of Democrats that they want to pledge support to Trump as an anti-Liberal stance. If they were injected with truth serum, what percentage of GOP and therefore America actually supports Trump? Like if they could quickly swap him out for another GOP president so they's lose no power, but put an end to his behavior and "work," would they?

I of course have no idea, but LESS than half support him now (40% give or take) and I'd be willing to bet that it's about 15-25% that actually really support him and his work as opposed to support the party and anti-liberalism.
The majority who support Trump don't support him simply because he's a republican. And if you surveyed Republicans and asked if they'd prefer another republican president be in office right now, the overwhelming majority would say no, mainly because of what he's accomplished.

I laughed at the thought of him being elected when he announced. I was scared when it looked like he'd get the nomination because I thought he couldn't win and likely wouldn't be a good president in terms of conservative values. But I've been stunned what he's been able to accomplish in the faith of sham investigations and a near complete unwillingness on the part of the dems on any legislation, even on matters they've supported past and present, to not give him a win in anything.

From the whitehouse.gov website. Many of these items are particularly important to conservatives and should be to both sides of the aisle.

• Almost 4 million jobs created since election.
  • More Americans are now employed than ever recorded before in our history.
  • We have created more than 400,000 manufacturing jobs since my election.
  • Manufacturing jobs growing at the fastest rate in more than THREE DECADES.
  • Economic growth last quarter hit 4.2 percent.
  • New unemployment claims recently hit a 49-year low.
  • Median household income has hit highest level ever recorded.
  • African-American unemployment has recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded.
  • Hispanic-American unemployment is at the lowest rate ever recorded.
  • Asian-American unemployment recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded.
  • Women's unemployment recently reached the lowest rate in 65 years.
  • Youth unemployment has recently hit the lowest rate in nearly half a century.
  • Lowest unemployment rate ever recorded for Americans without a high school diploma.
  • Under my Administration, veterans' unemployment recently reached its lowest rate in nearly 20 years.
  • Almost 3.9 million Americans have been lifted off food stamps since the election.
  • The Pledge to America's Workers has resulted in employers committing to train more than 4 million Americans. We are committed to VOCATIONAL education.
  • 95 percent of U.S. manufacturers are optimistic about the futurethe highest ever.
  • Retail sales surged last month, up another 6 percent over last year.
  • Signed the biggest package of tax cuts and reforms in history. After tax cuts, over $300 billion poured back in to the U.S. in the first quarter alone.
  • As a result of our tax bill, small businesses will have the lowest top marginal tax rate in more than 80 years.
  • Helped win U.S. bid for the 2028 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles.
  • Helped win U.S.-Mexico-Canada's united bid for 2026 World Cup.
  • Opened ANWR and approved Keystone XL and Dakota Access Pipelines.
  • Record number of regulations eliminated.
  • Enacted regulatory relief for community banks and credit unions.
  • Obamacare individual mandate penalty GONE.
  • My Administration is providing more affordable healthcare options for Americans through association health plans and short-term duration plans.
  • Last month, the FDA approved more affordable generic drugs than ever before in history. And thanks to our efforts, many drug companies are freezing or reversing planned price increases.
  • We reformed the Medicare program to stop hospitals from overcharging low-income seniors on their drugssaving seniors hundreds of millions of dollars this year alone.
  • Signed Right-To-Try legislation.
  • Secured $6 billion in NEW funding to fight the opioid epidemic.
  • We have reduced high-dose opioid prescriptions by 16 percent during my first year in office.
  • Signed VA Choice Act and VA Accountability Act, expanded VA telehealth services, walk-in-clinics, and same-day urgent primary and mental health care.
  • Increased our coal exports by 60 percent; U.S. oil production recently reached all-time high.
  • United States is a net natural gas exporter for the first time since 1957.
  • Withdrew the United States from the job-killing Paris Climate Accord.
  • Cancelled the illegal, anti-coal, so-called Clean Power Plan.
  • Secured record $700 billion in military funding; $716 billion next year.
  • NATO allies are spending $69 billion more on defense since 2016.
  • Process has begun to make the Space Force the 6th branch of the Armed Forces.
  • Confirmed more circuit court judges than any other new administration.
  • Confirmed Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch and nominated Judge Brett Kavanaugh.
  • Withdrew from the horrible, one-sided Iran Deal.
  • Moved U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem.
  • Protecting Americans from terrorists with the Travel Ban, upheld by Supreme Court.
  • Issued Executive Order to keep open Guantanamo Bay.
  • Concluded a historic U.S.-Mexico Trade Deal to replace NAFTA. And negotiations with Canada are underway as we speak.
  • Reached a breakthrough agreement with the E.U. to increase U.S. exports.
  • Imposed tariffs on foreign steel and aluminum to protect our national security.
  • Imposed tariffs on China in response to China's forced technology transfer, intellectual property theft, and their chronically abusive trade practices.
  • Net exports are on track to increase by $59 billion this year.
  • Improved vetting and screening for refugees, and switched focus to overseas resettlement.
  • We have begun BUILDING THE WALL. Republicans want STRONG BORDERS and NO CRIME. Democrats want OPEN BORDERS which equals MASSIVE CRIME.
sycasey
bearlyamazing said:

There have been many unpopular republican politicians with the left over time, including Reagan and Bush. But none of the reactions have remotely approached what we've seen in the past four years. Absolute rage, chronic depression, cutting people out of their lives (including family members) just for voting republican.
And you don't think that any of those could possibly, POSSIBLY be because people on the left legitimately find Trump more objectionable than those other Republicans? Not that you would have to agree with their reasons, but that they have them and they are valid within those people's value systems?

Is possible that politicians like Bush and Reagan at least made some noise and some attempts at reconciling and compromising with liberals across the aisle and Trump generally does not? That current Republican leaders also generally do not? Might that account for the increased disdain for Republicans you're seeing on the left?
Anarchistbear
40% didn't vote
28% Trump
29% Clinton
3% other.

In truth a large segment of the population is beyond caring about these fools because they realize they have no interest in them.
blungld
Unit2Sucks said:

And just to be clear, are you saying that the fact that the president induced a "change in mental well-being in a multitude of Trump opponents that's out of the range of normal" to be a defense of the president?

To build on that question, let's just say that everything BearlyAmazing has put forward is exactly literally true. That all the accomplishments he has listed are accurate and good, and all the dislike of the president is arbitrary, unfounded, and what could only be called a mental health catastrophe. Wouldn't that alone be a really good reason for him to step down as president?

I can be the best husband in the world--or at least make a list of all the great accomplishments and show them to my wife, but if she is miserable it doesn't matter.

If there is an executive driving profit at a company but whose management style and conduct created toxic culture and started effecting employee morale and retention and recruitment, he would be asked to leave.

In a Cal context, if we had a coach who kept winning and had all these great accomplishments but he was making the players miserable and had created a team that broke with the values of the cal community, might we want him gone?

Leadership is not serving just those who elected you or meeting benchmarks with no accountability to the life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness of a majority (or substantial minority) of Americans.

He shows zero leadership in his inability to recognize the effects he has had on country and the people and our sense of self as a nation of high moral standing in the world. He has driven down how we as Americans see ourselves and the office of president--and how the world sees us.

You might not care, but the fact that 50% of Americans do means he is not doing his job. He is failing. Any self-respecting person or leader would know this and do something about it (like maybe instead of calling fellow Americans names).

I completely disagree with BearlyAmazing's analysis of impeachment, Trump's criminality, the left, and Trump's accomplishments, but I think just on the basis of failing the majority of Americans and creating unrest and division, he should resign. But he will never do what is best for country--and that is the inexcusable recurring failing of this administration.
bearlyamazing
I would much rather have a beloved, consensus-building president, no question. But if I had to choose between a guy who accomplished many, many things I support that fights back vs. a consensus builder who does little to nothing about what I and conservatives care about, I'd choose the former, no question.

I don't approve of the way he says many of the things he says and I never liked him personally before he was president. But not justifying the way he sometimes conducts himself, I think the ways the dems and the media have gone after him with lies from before he was even president backed him into a corner and with a guy like him, that won't end well.

If you look at what he said to Hillary Clinton and to America in his victory speech, I think he generally preferred to govern that way. But when the gloves came off with this scandal of our country's lifetime with how he was illegally spied on and set up, it was over.

Think of the frustration and rage you'd feel if you were on the other end of being set up and illegally investigated and being called a traitor by every mainstream media outlet and many opposing party politicians. I know you and many here don't believe the setup is true and that it's tin foil nonsense but there's too much legit documentation to the contrary to believe that lie anymore.

Setting aside what you believe to be the veracity of the counter claims, if you were truly on the opposite end of what he's gone through, don't tell me for a second you or any on the left would conduct yourself with decorum. Maybe Mittens Romney would but that's why he's a loser.
B.A. Bearacus
New definition of insanity: believing one could persuade a poster that he is wrong, given that after three years of experience with this president, the poster is convinced that the primary reason why Republicans and Democrats, including all living presidents, strongly dislike this president and/or think he is unfit for office, is psychosis.
Yogi14
bearlyamazing said:

Like the clown who said people like me and Kelly and everyone else with conservative values should die. Mods, why is that even tolerated here?
Don't kid yourself. You possess no values, conservative or otherwise.

Sincerely,

Yogi14
blungld said:

There is no such thing as TDS. That is a largely meaningless expression (like Never Trumper)
Ouch. I took pride in my Never Trumperism.
Yogi14
blungld said:

sycasey said:

bearlyamazing said:

They had a chance to swap him out for other GOP presidents in the primaries and they resoundingly said "No." Other than the swing voters who didn't vote in the primaries, they are thrilled with the guy they have.

And that is why those of you Trump supporters who refuse to back off your support just need to die off and be replaced by people with souls. You are lost causes, both as voters and as human beings.
sycasey
Professor Turgeson Bear said:

blungld said:

sycasey said:

bearlyamazing said:

They had a chance to swap him out for other GOP presidents in the primaries and they resoundingly said "No." Other than the swing voters who didn't vote in the primaries, they are thrilled with the guy they have.

And that is why those of you Trump supporters who refuse to back off your support just need to die off and be replaced by people with souls. You are lost causes, both as voters and as human beings.

Yep, the vast majority of those who still consider themselves Republicans are in favor of Trump. Those who are not have either left the party or been forced out.
sycasey
bearlyamazing said:

I would much rather have a beloved, consensus-building president, no question. But if I had to choose between a guy who accomplished many, many things I support that fights back vs. a consensus builder who does little to nothing about what I and conservatives care about, I'd choose the former, no question.

I don't approve of the way he says many of the things he says and I never liked him personally before he was president. But not justifying the way he sometimes conducts himself, I think the ways the dems and the media have gone after him with lies from before he was even president backed him into a corner and with a guy like him, that won't end well.

If you look at what he said to Hillary Clinton and to America in his victory speech, I think he generally preferred to govern that way. But when the gloves came off with this scandal of our country's lifetime with how he was illegally spied on and set up, it was over.

Think of the frustration and rage you'd feel if you were on the other end of being set up and illegally investigated and being called a traitor by every mainstream media outlet and many opposing party politicians. I know you and many here don't believe the setup is true and that it's tin foil nonsense but there's too much legit documentation to the contrary to believe that lie anymore.

Setting aside what you believe to be the veracity of the counter claims, if you were truly on the opposite end of what he's gone through, don't tell me for a second you or any on the left would conduct yourself with decorum. Maybe Mittens Romney would but that's why he's a loser.

You came so close to finding the answer and then swerved far away from it. In your first paragraphs you talk about not having liked Trump's conduct prior to having gotten into office. Here's the thing: that conduct is STILL HAPPENING. That's why people give him so much s***. He brings it on himself. It's not derangement from everyone else, it's him, his own behavior.

And by the way, that conduct included lots of super-shady and predatory business practices (there's a reason no one in New York would do business with him anymore and he had to take Russian money). He still runs the government that way. When a guy repeatedly shows me what he is, I believe that's what he is. He's a charlatan and a con artist.
Cal88
bearlyamazing said:

From the whitehouse.gov website. Many of these items are particularly important to conservatives and should be to both sides of the aisle.

• Almost 4 million jobs created since election.
  • We have created more than 400,000 manufacturing jobs since my election.
  • Manufacturing jobs growing at the fastest rate in more than THREE DECADES.
  • Economic growth last quarter hit 4.2 percent.
  • New unemployment claims recently hit a 49-year low.
  • Median household income has hit highest level ever recorded.
  • African-American unemployment has recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded.
  • Hispanic-American unemployment is at the lowest rate ever recorded.
  • Asian-American unemployment recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded.
  • Women's unemployment recently reached the lowest rate in 65 years.
  • Youth unemployment has recently hit the lowest rate in nearly half a century.
  • Lowest unemployment rate ever recorded for Americans without a high school diploma.
  • Under my Administration, veterans' unemployment recently reached its lowest rate in nearly 20 years.
  • Almost 3.9 million Americans have been lifted off food stamps since the election.
  • The Pledge to America's Workers has resulted in employers committing to train more than 4 million Americans. We are committed to VOCATIONAL education.
  • 95 percent of U.S. manufacturers are optimistic about the future the highest ever.
  • Retail sales surged last month, up another 6 percent over last year.
  • Signed the biggest package of tax cuts and reforms in history. After tax cuts, over $300 billion poured back in to the U.S. in the first quarter alone.
  • As a result of our tax bill, small businesses will have the lowest top marginal tax rate in more than 80 years.
  • Helped win U.S. bid for the 2028 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles.
  • Helped win U.S.-Mexico-Canada's united bid for 2026 World Cup.
  • Opened ANWR and approved Keystone XL and Dakota Access Pipelines.
  • Record number of regulations eliminated.
  • Enacted regulatory relief for community banks and credit unions.
  • Obamacare individual mandate penalty GONE.
  • My Administration is providing more affordable healthcare options for Americans through association health plans and short-term duration plans.
  • Last month, the FDA approved more affordable generic drugs than ever before in history. And thanks to our efforts, many drug companies are freezing or reversing planned price increases.
  • We reformed the Medicare program to stop hospitals from overcharging low-income seniors on their drugssaving seniors hundreds of millions of dollars this year alone.
  • Signed Right-To-Try legislation.
  • Secured $6 billion in NEW funding to fight the opioid epidemic.
  • We have reduced high-dose opioid prescriptions by 16 percent during my first year in office.
  • Signed VA Choice Act and VA Accountability Act, expanded VA telehealth services, walk-in-clinics, and same-day urgent primary and mental health care.
  • Increased our coal exports by 60 percent; U.S. oil production recently reached all-time high.
  • United States is a net natural gas exporter for the first time since 1957.
  • Withdrew the United States from the job-killing Paris Climate Accord.
  • Cancelled the illegal, anti-coal, so-called Clean Power Plan.
  • Secured record $700 billion in military funding; $716 billion next year.
  • NATO allies are spending $69 billion more on defense since 2016.
  • Process has begun to make the Space Force the 6th branch of the Armed Forces.
  • Confirmed more circuit court judges than any other new administration.
  • Confirmed Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch and nominated Judge Brett Kavanaugh.
  • Withdrew from the horrible, one-sided Iran Deal.
  • Moved U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem.
  • Protecting Americans from terrorists with the Travel Ban, upheld by Supreme Court.
  • Issued Executive Order to keep open Guantanamo Bay.
  • Concluded a historic U.S.-Mexico Trade Deal to replace NAFTA. And negotiations with Canada are underway as we speak.
  • Reached a breakthrough agreement with the E.U. to increase U.S. exports.
  • Imposed tariffs on foreign steel and aluminum to protect our national security.
  • Imposed tariffs on China in response to China's forced technology transfer, intellectual property theft, and their chronically abusive trade practices.
  • Net exports are on track to increase by $59 billion this year.
  • Improved vetting and screening for refugees, and switched focus to overseas resettlement.
  • We have begun BUILDING THE WALL. Republicans want STRONG BORDERS and NO CRIME. Democrats want OPEN BORDERS which equals MASSIVE CRIME.

This list is mostly good, I've highlighted the parts that I think are not good, where Trump is appeasing his neocon donors and the MIC.

There are other parts that aren't on the list that are troubling, like the recent extension of the Patriot Act.
Blueblood
Another Bear said:

Comrade Bearlycoherent is on the left.
Fuuccckkk these fat clowns....

Here's my Tee....

BearForce2
dajo9
bearlyamazing said:

• The list of Trump accomplishment's is hard to take seriously. Here is the 2nd bullet point (ok, I admit I didn't read past this bullet point because it's so stupid).

Can anybody name for me a President for whom this was NOT true at some point in their Presidency?
    sycasey
    dajo9 said:

bearlyamazing said:

• The list of Trump accomplishment's is hard to take seriously. Here is the 2nd bullet point (ok, I admit I didn't read past this bullet point because it's so stupid).

Can anybody name for me a President for whom this was NOT true at some point in their Presidency?
    You mean we can't take Donald Trump's own list of accomplishments as legitimate proof of how great he is?
    BearForce2
    BearForce2
    BearForce2
    BearForce2 said:

It's over and I blame Nancy Pelosi for pursuing impeachment.
    heartofthebear
    bearlyamazing said:

You're counting on people here being too ignorant to know that Biden got this prosecutor fired based on holding Ukraine hostage with American taxpayer dollars in order to protect his son and the corrupt corporation he was laughably sitting on the board of with zero qualifications. And not just to protect his son but to protect the highest levels of the government and state department who were entangled in the mess that ensued after Biden's son was hired.

When Burisma was being investigated, they went to the state department and said the VP's son is on our board. We need this investigation shut down.

You don't have to take my word for it. The corruption is being slowly unraveled with actual investigative documentation that will be coming out in the coming months that no one will be able to talk and obfuscate their way around. Oh, you and they will try but it won't work this time.
    Dude, folks sit in positions of power and on boards all of the time without qualifications. Donald Trump and several of his appointees match that description. Qualifications have relatively little valence in the world of power.
    bearlyamazing
    heartofthebear said:

bearlyamazing said:

You're counting on people here being too ignorant to know that Biden got this prosecutor fired based on holding Ukraine hostage with American taxpayer dollars in order to protect his son and the corrupt corporation he was laughably sitting on the board of with zero qualifications. And not just to protect his son but to protect the highest levels of the government and state department who were entangled in the mess that ensued after Biden's son was hired.

When Burisma was being investigated, they went to the state department and said the VP's son is on our board. We need this investigation shut down.

You don't have to take my word for it. The corruption is being slowly unraveled with actual investigative documentation that will be coming out in the coming months that no one will be able to talk and obfuscate their way around. Oh, you and they will try but it won't work this time.
    Dude, folks sit in positions of power and on boards all of the time without qualifications. Donald Trump and several of his appointees match that description. Qualifications have relatively little valence in the world of power.
    Sorry, people don't get named to foreign corporation boards and get paid far higher salaries than virtually anyone in comparable board positions, especially with no experience or expertise just weeks after their fathers are named point man for the nation the corporation they're hired by is located.
    heartofthebear
    dajo9 said:

I would like to know who the morons are that are starring bearlyamazing's comments
    McConnell, Trump, Barr, Guiliani, Ivanka Trump, Betsy DeVoss and Donald Trump Jr.
    heartofthebear
    bearlyamazing said:

heartofthebear said:

bearlyamazing said:

Sorry, people don't get named to foreign corporation boards and get paid far higher salaries than virtually anyone in comparable board positions, especially with no experience or expertise just weeks after their fathers are named point man for the nation the corporation they're hired by is located.
    I have an LLC. If I want to partner with another company, I may end up on their board. Such things happen regardless of my experience in that business. There is nothing wrong with that. The amount of money he was making may be an issue but, by itself, there is nothing wrong with him sitting on the board. As for the prosecutor. It is possible that the prosecutor was legitimately investigating Burisma but had other activities that folks wanted to fire him over. Just because Hunter was on the board and the board was being investigated does not mean that the prosecutor was fired for that reason.

Also, when Trump did his "quid pro quo", it was violating a law that was passed by both houses of congress. Quid pro Quo is part of regular American foreign policy and funds are held up when necessary to get countries to abide by the tennets of American foreign policy. However, Trump exercised his own foreign policy in violation of the law passed in congress that had already cleared the Ukraine of corruption and that had authorized aid.

If you cannot see the difference between the 2 types of quid pro quo then that is your problem, not Joe's.
    heartofthebear
    bearlyamazing said:

Oh, so now I'm foaming at the mouth, gullible and stupid? So many of you here are are completely intellectually dishonest and bankrupt, which is why I rarely post here. I'm sure you'd be more than happy to drive me away to continue with your echo chamber and circle jerk of ignorance, hatred and pomposity.

And don't equate me with vaccine deniers and QAnon believers. I'm much too discerning for that crap, though you just go ahead and tell yourself whatever helps you go to sleep at night.
    Discerning and Trump supporter don't really fit together.
    Attacking Dems. as a way to defend Trump is not a good start for claims of the ability to discern.
    bearlyamazing
    heartofthebear said:

bearlyamazing said:

heartofthebear said:

bearlyamazing said:

I have an LLC. If I want to partner with another company, I may end up on their board. Such things happen regardless of my experience in that business. There is nothing wrong with that. The amount of money he was making may be an issue but, by itself, there is nothing wrong with him sitting on the board. As for the prosecutor. It is possible that the prosecutor was legitimately investigating Burisma but had other activities that folks wanted to fire him over. Just because Hunter was on the board and the board was being investigated does not mean that the prosecutor was fired for that reason.

Also, when Trump did his "quid pro quo", it was violating a law that was passed by both houses of congress. Quid pro Quo is part of regular American foreign policy and funds are held up when necessary to get countries to abide by the tennets of American foreign policy. However, Trump exercised his own foreign policy in violation of the law passed in congress that had already cleared the Ukraine of corruption and that had authorized aid.

If you cannot see the difference between the 2 types of quid pro quo then that is your problem, not Joe's.
    Nice try. False equivalency. If Hunter Biden was named to their board without his father being named point man in Ukraine weeks before his appointment, earned a commensurate salary to what most other board members earn and served on a board where the corporation didn't turn to our country to try and take investigative pressure off them after he was hired, it would be a far different story.

By paying him a million a year, Burisma bought influence and protection.

Trump provided the financial support Ukraine ahead of the deadline, provided them the weaponry they asked the Obama Administration for but never received and have said repeatedly that they weren't pressured or coerced to do anything in return for the aid. Nor did they do anything for the aid.

The charge is a big fat nothing. There's no crime when there's no victim. It's like finding someone guilty for assault when the supposed victim said they weren't attacked, showed no signs of being attacked but was actually helped by the accused in the end. Doesn't matter is someone heard or heard from someone else the accused say he was going to kick the supposed victim's ass if he didn't spread a lie to make him more popular. Since it didn't happen, it's not a crime.

Never mind that the fake whistleblower's lawyer has bragged on Twitter about being a part of the coup and the resistance and never mind that the fake whistleblower met with Schiff and his people to coordinate before filing his fake complaint or that he's been closely tied to Biden for years. It's a joke compared to the real crimes the Bidens, the Clintons and their flunkies in the FBI, CIA and state department have perpetrated out of hatred for Trump and a grab for power.
    heartofthebear
    bearlyamazing said:

golden sloth said:

bearlyamazing said:

They've thrown the full weight of the deep state at Trump for going on four years now. Do you think for a second that he wouldn't have been busted long ago after he and anyone in his political orbit were illegally wiretapped for a year with illegal FISA apps and illegally surveiled by the NSA for a year before than before Gen Flynn blew the whistle and became persona non grata in the Obama administration and his flunkies in the state department, CIA and FBI?

The people you listed related to his administration were busted for process crimes, designed to try and get them to make up dirt on Trump, not crimes related to the Trump administration colluding with Russia. And it didn't work because they're not going to commit serious felonies lying about the president. Flynn for one will probably have his conviction reversed.

Meanwhile your candidate Hillary broke all kinds of felony federal statutes, busts up subpoenaed cell phones with hammers and BleachBitted laptops and computers and just skates, with no legal troubles? No double standard there! They even refused to turn over DNC computers and emails to the FBI after alleging Russian hacks and instead had lefty hack tech company CrowdStrike do the "investigation?" Come on, man. What garbage you holier than thou hypocrites align yourselves with.

There is no deep state. Anyone who believes there is a deep state is wrong. Unfortunately there is no way to convince them otherwise. I am part angry at them for believing such an obvious lie and part sad for them for needing to believe the bs.
    No deep state? You're either a gullible dufus or an outright liar.

Do you expect anyone with a brain to believe there aren't many, many people embedded in the government who are self-proclaimed "resistors," working to undermine the Trump Administration in any way they can? Lots have been fired and the left and them cry every time.

No deep state? Come on, man. Really?
    I believe the term "deep state" has been hijacked from a reference to black ops and CIA drug running to any government employee who resists Trump.

Typical
    There is a deep state. But it is never going to testify to congress because it is illegal.
    heartofthebear
    bearlyamazing said:

blungld said:

bearlyamazing said:

Will this be one of the sections of this coming bombshell report? Is this "actual" investigation or is this fake? Once Barr doctors it or calls it into question will it THEN become real?

No evidence
    Wishful thinking on the part of the leftist WaPo. Zero chance Durham finds, as WaPo's headline reads: "Barr's handpicked prosecutor tells inspector general he can't back right-wing theory that Russia case was U.S. intelligence setup."

The story also said this:

"The draft, though, is not final. The inspector general has yet to release any conclusions, and The Washington Post has not reviewed Horowitz's entire report, even in draft form. It is also unclear whether Durham has shared the entirety of his findings and evidence with the inspector general or merely answered a specific question."

Tell me the truth: You and all the other tin foil hat accusers don't even know most of the players in this story beyond Papadapoulos and Page, do you? Mifsud? Halper? Azra Turk? Glenn Simpson? Svetlana Lokhova? Olga Veselnetskaya? Brennan's role and how he got the whole thing started with his briefings with Obama and retired senator Harry Reid? How the Comey meeting with Trump talking only about the "salacious details" like the golden showers crap and nothing else was used as a predicate for BuzzFeed to release the sham dossier, etc? These are all open facts and players, not denied by even the democrats. The rest of the details are in dispute but it's all unraveling for the dirty players, day by day. And unless you've followed the case in detail, either from the left's side, the right, or both, casting lame aspersions with tin foil hat memes is beyond lame and intellectually dishonest.

The Horowitz Report probably won't be a big deal. It will likely point to wrongdoing, as his earlier report did that recommended Comey for prosecution for his leak. But it will probably be inconclusive on if there was an adequate predication for the FBI investigation, largely because the scope of an IG inquiry is limited in a way that Durham's and Barr's isn't. That's the nature of IG reports. They can't investigate the CIA, either, and Brennan's role is central to this whole setup sham.

Rest assured, Barr and Durham won't leave out the CIA's role. And the accusation of Barr "doctoring" results is laughable. He'd spend the rest of his life in prison if he tried to pull that nonsense.
    Congratulations
    You get the Joseph McCarthy award for witch hunting
    heartofthebear
    bearlyamazing said:

They've thrown the full weight of the deep state at Trump for going on four years now. Do you think for a second that he wouldn't have been busted long ago after he and anyone in his political orbit were illegally wiretapped for a year with illegal FISA apps and illegally surveiled by the NSA for a year before than before Gen Flynn blew the whistle and became persona non grata in the Obama administration and his flunkies in the state department, CIA and FBI?

The people you listed related to his administration were busted for process crimes, designed to try and get them to make up dirt on Trump, not crimes related to the Trump administration colluding with Russia. And it didn't work because they're not going to commit serious felonies lying about the president. Flynn for one will probably have his conviction reversed.

Meanwhile your candidate Hillary broke all kinds of felony federal statutes, busts up subpoenaed cell phones with hammers and BleachBitted laptops and computers and just skates, with no legal troubles? No double standard there! They even refused to turn over DNC computers and emails to the FBI after alleging Russian hacks and instead had lefty hack tech company CrowdStrike do the "investigation?" Come on, man. What garbage you holier than thou hypocrites align yourselves with.
    No it doesn't surprise me that he gets away with stuff after being investigated.
    In fact, we should come to expect it.

There has been a legal double, triple, quadruple standard in criminal justice for a long time. Name a highly corrupt American politician, especially on the right, who has served time proportional to the gravity of his/her misdeeds. Several in the Bush administration committed international war crimes. Where are they now? In corporate board rooms and on speaking tours--maybe promoting their latest book?

It is the American way, which is exactly why we need a real alternative to Trump in November.

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.