Quid Pro Joe

16,791 Views | 192 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by bearlyamazing
bearlyamazing
How long do you want to ignore this user?
golden sloth said:

bearlyamazing said:

golden sloth said:

bearlyamazing said:

They've thrown the full weight of the deep state at Trump for going on four years now. Do you think for a second that he wouldn't have been busted long ago after he and anyone in his political orbit were illegally wiretapped for a year with illegal FISA apps and illegally surveiled by the NSA for a year before than before Gen Flynn blew the whistle and became persona non grata in the Obama administration and his flunkies in the state department, CIA and FBI?

The people you listed related to his administration were busted for process crimes, designed to try and get them to make up dirt on Trump, not crimes related to the Trump administration colluding with Russia. And it didn't work because they're not going to commit serious felonies lying about the president. Flynn for one will probably have his conviction reversed.

Meanwhile your candidate Hillary broke all kinds of felony federal statutes, busts up subpoenaed cell phones with hammers and BleachBitted laptops and computers and just skates, with no legal troubles? No double standard there! They even refused to turn over DNC computers and emails to the FBI after alleging Russian hacks and instead had lefty hack tech company CrowdStrike do the "investigation?" Come on, man. What garbage you holier than thou hypocrites align yourselves with.

There is no deep state. Anyone who believes there is a deep state is wrong. Unfortunately there is no way to convince them otherwise. I am part angry at them for believing such an obvious lie and part sad for them for needing to believe the bs.
No deep state? You're either a gullible dufus or an outright liar.

Do you expect anyone with a brain to believe there aren't many, many people embedded in the government who are self-proclaimed "resistors," working to undermine the Trump Administration in any way they can? Lots have been fired and the left and them cry every time.

No deep state? Come on, man. Really?

There is no deep state. Anyone who believes there is a deep state, is wrong. I dont need to refute you because there is no deep state. I'm sorry you are in a place in your life where you have to believe in one to protect whatever sense of self you have, but there is no deep state.
Now you're just trolling because even sloths aren't that dimwitted.
Unit2Sucks
OMG bearlyamazing is my new favorite troll. I suspect he's a sock for someone who is trying to be funny because no one can seriously hold those views.

First, thanks for reminding me that Michael Flynn is a traitor and felon.

Second, thanks for reminding us that process crimes only matter when Hillary Clinton is alleged to have committed them.

Third, given that Trump has hand picked leadership at the DOJ, how is it that they have been completely unable to prove any wrongdoing whatsoever by the deep state, Obama or Clinton? Yet, that same hand picked group just convicted Roger Stone? And just arrested Rudy's Ukrainians buddies? I guess that is just more evidence of his effective Trump is as a leader.
bearlyamazing
Unit2Sucks said:

OMG bearlyamazing is my new favorite troll. I suspect he's a sock for someone who is trying to be funny because no one can seriously hold those views.

Second, thanks for reminding us that process crimes only matter when Hillary Clinton is alleged to have committed them.

Third, given that Trump has hand picked leadership at the DOJ, how is it that they have been completely unable to prove any wrongdoing whatsoever by the deep state, Obama or Clinton? Yet, that same hand picked group just convicted Roger Stone? And just arrested Rudy's Ukrainians buddies? I guess that is just more evidence of his effective Trump is as a leader.
!. How is General Flynn a traitor and a felon. Explain in detail. Don't just tell me he was convicted. Tell me what he did and why he's a traitor, in particular.

2. Destroying evidence and breaking federal laws on the handling of classified information is not a process crime. It's multiple felonies. If a flunky like Comey wasn't in charge, she and her assistants have been in a lot more trouble.

3. What other ways are people hired in the DOJ that aren't "hand-picked?" Please. Or should he have just retained Obama holdovers working against him? Again, please. Obama cleaned house like nobody's business, including the ambassadors.

4. Spare me the complete nonsense about the DOJ being "completely unable to prove any wrongdoing whatsoever by the deep state, Obama or Clinton." That contention will be funny to look back on when Durham and Barr's reports are done.

There's a reason the deep state is running scared.
dajo9
Unit2Sucks said:

Don't forget that even though Barr and Trump people have complete control over the Federal prison system they still failed to stop the Clinton's from killing Epstein in a Federal prison cell.

Team Trump sucks at this game.
American Vermin
Unit2Sucks
dajo9 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Don't forget that even though Barr and Trump people have complete control over the Federal prison system they still failed to stop the Clinton's from killing Epstein in a Federal prison cell.

Team Trump sucks at this game.

Bearyamazing is a true patriot who was genuinely concerned about Hillary's poor practices regarding classified info which is why I expect any minute he will let us know just how wrong it is that Trump regularly uses unsecure cell phones to discuss classified information with his buddies because he's less worried about Putin and Xi overhearing these conversations than his own hand-picked aides.

Wonder how long we will have to wait for the Republican opsec hawks to show up.
golden sloth
This is for those that don't believe in the Deep State to help understand the mind of those that believe.

The video is more anecdotal than scientific:
https://www.ted.com/talks/diane_benscoter_how_cults_rewire_the_brain

This video is more general:

There isn't alot of expert knowledge on how to help people leave cults, but the common themes are:
1. Avoid direct conflict and confrontation, this has the reverse effect on the cult members but reinforcing the cult vrs the world duality.
2. Stay in contact, don't disconnect and leave them alone with their fellow cult members and leaders.
3. Be warm, welcoming and friendly, don't be negative or judgmental about their cult history. Let them know the world is a safe inclusive place.

Quote:

"Do everything you can to stay in touch," says Janja Lalich, a sociology professor and consultant who studies cults and coercive influence and control. If you're trying to persuade someone to leave a cult, supply reminders of the world beyond it by calling, emailing, writing letters, sending photographs and maybe even visiting, although Lalich warns that anyone can get lured into a cult. You should visit "only if you feel strong enough to resist," she says.

Make sure the inductee knows there is a safe and nonjudgmental place to come home to. But then, after the physical freedom is secured, comes the emotional work. "It may take up to five years for the person to figure out who they are again," Lalich says. "Be gentle with them."

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/26/magazine/how-to-get-someone-out-of-a-cult.html
[url=https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/26/magazine/how-to-get-someone-out-of-a-cult.html][/url]

So now I turn to Bearlyamazing, I just want you to know that I may be wrong, but also if you decide you aren't 100% correct on the existence of the Deep State, that is okay. America believes in and supports freedom of choice. There are no repercussions for changing one's mind. When I was a kid I loved Nacho cheese Doritos, now I love Salsa Verde and that is okay.
blungld
Do you listen to Infowars or read Breibart or Daily Caller or Blaze? I really am curious what is the primary source that leads you to see the news and nation as you do.
sycasey
I'm just saying, the "Romney in a landslide" guy was just as belligerently certain he'd be proven right. Let's just give him the six months to see if this evidence against Biden shows up.
bearlyamazing
blungld said:

Do you listen to Infowars or read Breibart or Daily Caller or Blaze? I really am curious what is the primary source that leads you to see the news and nation as you do.
Definitely never, rarely, never and never.

Some of my favorites are Mollie Hemingway, John Solomon, Sara Carter, Lee Smith, Chuck Ross, Margot Cleveland, Byron York, Kim Strassel and Chuck Ross. They all do their homework, get copious information through FOIA requests and back up what they say. But I pay attention to many on the left so I'm not insulated only in common sense and see how the corrupt media try to spin things. Never a more stark difference between how the Pravda mainstream media tried to spin those pathetic hearing testimonies and actual reality.
bearlyamazing
sycasey said:

I'm just saying, the "Romney in a landslide" guy was just as belligerently certain he'd be proven right. Let's just give him the six months to see if this evidence against Biden shows up.
Had to be a troll. Literally no one thought Mittens would win in a landslide. Most, including conservatives, didn't think he'd win at all.
sycasey
bearlyamazing said:

sycasey said:

Had to be a troll. Literally no one thought Mittens would win in a landslide. Most, including conservatives, didn't think he'd win at all.

Well, you're sounding like him anyway.
Cal88
golden sloth said:

bearlyamazing said:

golden sloth said:

bearlyamazing said:

They've thrown the full weight of the deep state at Trump for going on four years now. Do you think for a second that he wouldn't have been busted long ago after he and anyone in his political orbit were illegally wiretapped for a year with illegal FISA apps and illegally surveiled by the NSA for a year before than before Gen Flynn blew the whistle and became persona non grata in the Obama administration and his flunkies in the state department, CIA and FBI?

The people you listed related to his administration were busted for process crimes, designed to try and get them to make up dirt on Trump, not crimes related to the Trump administration colluding with Russia. And it didn't work because they're not going to commit serious felonies lying about the president. Flynn for one will probably have his conviction reversed.

Meanwhile your candidate Hillary broke all kinds of felony federal statutes, busts up subpoenaed cell phones with hammers and BleachBitted laptops and computers and just skates, with no legal troubles? No double standard there! They even refused to turn over DNC computers and emails to the FBI after alleging Russian hacks and instead had lefty hack tech company CrowdStrike do the "investigation?" Come on, man. What garbage you holier than thou hypocrites align yourselves with.

There is no deep state. Anyone who believes there is a deep state is wrong. Unfortunately there is no way to convince them otherwise. I am part angry at them for believing such an obvious lie and part sad for them for needing to believe the bs.
No deep state? You're either a gullible dufus or an outright liar.

Do you expect anyone with a brain to believe there aren't many, many people embedded in the government who are self-proclaimed "resistors," working to undermine the Trump Administration in any way they can? Lots have been fired and the left and them cry every time.

No deep state? Come on, man. Really?

There is no deep state. Anyone who believes there is a deep state, is wrong. I dont need to refute you because there is no deep state. I'm sorry you are in a place in your life where you have to believe in one to protect whatever sense of self you have, but there is no deep state.
sycasey
bearlyamazing said:

blungld said:

Some of my favorites are Mollie Hemingway, John Solomon, Sara Carter, Lee Smith, Chuck Ross, Margot Cleveland, Byron York, Kim Strassel and Chuck Ross.
As far as I can tell, all of these folks are contributors at The Federalist, Fox News, The Daily Caller, or some combination of those.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-federalist/
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/fox-news/
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/daily-caller/
Cal88
I don't think Biden is going to last at this rate.

Yogi14
bearlyamazing said:

Reading comprehension, you patronizing whack job. You're accusing everyone who exposes the truth as tin foil hat wearers. I'm not saying you wear one. And despite all the willful ignorance you display here, I know you're smart enough to know the difference between conspiracy whack jobs and people who actually know what they're talking about and back it up. It just doesn't fit your narrative and worldview so you reject it reflexively.

There are always a lot of legit tin foil hat conspiracy theory whack jobs out there. Probably way more on the right than on the left. And I reject them all.

But any time you want to dispute the actual facts I've posted about how this all came together with actual facts of your own, feel free. Cite sources, make your case about how Brennan, Comey, Strzok, Lisa Page, Mifsud, Halper, Simpson, Ohr, Clapper and all their ilk are innocent. But you and the others on the left here are content to sit on the sidelines and presume Trump's guilt without following the case from both sides or really being tuned into it much at all.

I've followed from all sides from the beginning, as anyone should who wants to know the truth. It's nauseating listening to the spin, lies and bias of the mainstream media but I do, so I get the full picture.

It just kills you and your ilk that anywhere here should dare interfere with your echo chamber of nonsense. It's actually pretty funny to peruse the many posts and threads for years here that breathlessly have Trump ready to go down because so many of you gullibly buy the lies of Rachel Madcow and her ilk in the most dishonest, Pravda-like media our country has ever seen.
Are you drizzlybear or his brother? I see the same logic on the Growls board where he argues against cold-hard facts by asking people to provide proof that a coach in charge of a unit that has been one of the worst in the country for three years running is at all responsible for their performance.
blungld
bearlyamazing said:

blungld said:

Some of my favorites are Mollie Hemingway, John Solomon, Sara Carter, Lee Smith, Chuck Ross, Margot Cleveland, Byron York, Kim Strassel and Chuck Ross. They all do their homework, get copious information through FOIA requests and back up what they say. But I pay attention to many on the left so I'm not insulated only in common sense and see how the corrupt media try to spin things. Never a more stark difference between how the Pravda mainstream media tried to spin those pathetic hearing testimonies and actual reality.
I suspect there is nothing I can say that will dissuade you, but it seems to me (and a lot of other credible news sources) that rather than a well-researched "truth teller," someone like John Soloman appears to be much more like an active plant (knowingly or unknowingly) giving credence to Russian propaganda and right-wing disinformation.

It appears more and more that what has developed the past few years is a system of well placed "journalists" who give the general right wing media apparatus talking points to get worked up about conspiracies and yet-to-be-shown unbelievable narratives that never actually emerge. These illusory claims allow Republicans (and Trump's cabal) to point to "sources" and perpetuate counter-narratives to the truth. With a propagandist journalist here and there, amplified by a mouthpiece like Hannity and Alex Jones, and then repeated by members of Congress willing to disseminate conspiracy theory, and a president who refuses to say anything under oath (instead opting for only one way communication from him to his base via tweet or kowtowing media like FOX and Friends), what you have is state-sponsored propaganda machine. It's right there in plain sight. Its purpose to foment outrage, divide and anger, and to discredit legitimate press and actual reporting and known truths (again testimony under oath, court documents, verified facts).

These right wing journalists and government officials will only broadcast these "truths" within their own bubble and not in court of law, and fall apart when held to real account or put to the task of making a coherent public offering. It's always vague insinuation and a few dropped crumbs (usually information selected out of context or wholly manufactured) with an imagined trail they point to, but never reveal. And you, and others like you, point to this as fact and buried truth and an unveiling of the Deep State.

But there never is an unveiling.

Time and time again, when experts and witnesses and the actual truth tellers come forward these "stories" lose lawsuits, result in arrests, or go silent. Do you see the pattern? Or is this just proof that the Deep State is winning or owns all the courts and newspapers and experts, yadda yadda yadda?

How is it that your radar is such that oddly incoherent rantings by people who appear quite shifty and whose record is suspicious are the truth tellers to you--but intelligent, logical, articulate speakers are part of a Deep State?

This whole operation is a common place practice by authoritarian regimes, and there can be no doubt that this administration leans that way. So wouldn't that be further evidence that this is what is happening here? A propaganda operation to discredit facts and create a boogeyman Deep State for a president who is allergic to truth and has things he needs to hide. This is just common sense and requires no crazy leap to a Deep State conspiracy. It aligns with known fact.

If we can agree that a "Deep State" is a covert action aimed at trying to subvert truth and further a political, disreputable, and illegal agenda, isn't the Soloman to Hannity to Trump to GOP to base feedback loop precisely that? The Deep State are those claiming a Deep State. It is patently obvious to anyone not in the cult.

Call me and others trying to tell you this any names you like, and keep believing that it is we who are dumb or brainwashed, but this is precisely what cult members do. The story of the Deep State serves this president. This president is not a truth teller. You are believing liars who need people to believe their lies. This should be step one in connecting dots and getting out of these harmful beliefs and perspective.

I wish you well and hope you see your way out of this.
sycasey
blungld said:

I suspect there is nothing I can say that will dissuade you, but it seems to me (and a lot of other credible news sources) that rather than a well-researched "truth teller," someone like John Soloman appears to be much more like an active plant (knowingly or unknowingly) giving credence to Russian propaganda and right-wing disinformation.
I would take it a bit further and say that Solomon isn't even a plant or anything, he's just a grifter. He knows that the easy way to sell books and get cable news appearances is to go whole-hog on unsupported conspiracy theories. The truth is boring and doesn't sell, because everyone else is already reporting it. But if you can claim to have the "real truth" and fool enough marks? Easy money.

Of course the person who has been grifted will never want to admit to it (especially not to strangers on the Internet), don't expect any mea culpas from bearlyamazing or anyone else here. I merely present the bias ratings of these journalists for people to make up their own minds about them.
blungld
sycasey said:

Of course the person who has been grifted will never want to admit to it (especially not to strangers on the Internet), don't expect any mea culpas from bearlyamazing or anyone else here.
This is probably true. And even when the day comes 10 or so years from now when enough time has passed, the stakes are lowered, and personal ego has been removed, they will act like of course they didn't believe this stuff. They just can't do it now.

What troubles me more than the power of propaganda and tribal loyalty is that even when small doses of truth leak out and they need to backtrack or recant (even if it is only in their own mind and not in public), their reaction is to have MORE anger to the messenger (perhaps the investigative journalist who reports the lie and shows the facts or the investigator who prosecutes the case) and not the perpetrator. Even when Trump is caught in demonstrable lies they get angry at those showing he is lying, but never him for lying. That's the part that kills me. He is not held to account when lying (they take his truth over observable or provable truth) and then they forgive his lie later. Never a consequence like skepticism for his next claim or increased credibility for those that told them this is a lie.
sycasey
blungld said:

sycasey said:

Of course the person who has been grifted will never want to admit to it (especially not to strangers on the Internet), don't expect any mea culpas from bearlyamazing or anyone else here.
This is probably true. And even when the day comes 10 or so years from now when enough time has passed, the stakes are lowered, and personal ego has been removed, they will act like of course they didn't believe this stuff. They just can't do it now.

Just like "Romney in a landslide." The claim now is that OF COURSE no conservatives REALLY believed it back then. Except they really did. It was all over Fox News at the time, that the polls were wrong and needed to be unskewed. On election night Karl Rove was so convinced the actual results were wrong that he made Megyn Kelly walk all the way down the hall to the election experts room to confirm they really were certain Obama was going to win Ohio. This all happened on live TV.
Cal88
Romney and Obama were essentially interchangeable, same neoliberal domestic agenda, same interventionist neocon foreign policy. Obama droned a dozen countries and broke/invaded many countries including Libya, Syria and Honduras. Obama also oversaw the largest wealth transfer in recorded history, taking over 10 trillions from the taxpayers to bail out the bankers, accounting for a large percentage of current debt (about the same size as the running tab for Endless Mideast Wars).

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2009/12/real-size-bailout-treasury-fed/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikecollins/2015/07/14/the-big-bank-bailout/#6ec99dbc2d83

https://www.cnbc.com/id/45674390

Romney made himself millions, and his companies like Bain Capital billions, breaking up and outsourcing viable American companies, gutting out the industrial base and crushing large swath of the middle class over the past several decades. This process has not abated, vulture capitalism is still thriving:

Unit2Sucks
LOL @ the bailout costing $10B. You will need to do better than 10 year old articles to support that. Given that the total federal debt is about $21.6 trillion, forgive me for being skeptical of an article putting the cost of the bail out at $29 trillion or even $14 trillion.

Propublica's bailout tracker shows a net gain for the government and according to a more recent study by an MIT Sloan prof, the number was actually just under $500B.

I have no idea what the real number is, but I'm gonna go ahead and guess it's not more than the total federal deficit between 2008 and 2012 (right around $7T - most of which is unrelated to the bailouts).
kelly09
bearlyamazing said:

blungld said:

My favorites too, BA.
Yogi14
blungld said:

I wish you well
I wish him ill. The sooner these idiots die off the better.
kelly09
Cal88 said:

Romney and Obama were essentially interchangeable, same neoliberal domestic agenda, same interventionist neocon foreign policy. Obama droned a dozen countries and broke/invaded many countries including Libya, Syria and Honduras. Obama also oversaw the largest wealth transfer in recorded history, taking over 10 trillions from the taxpayers to bail out the bankers, accounting for a large percentage of current debt (about the same size as the running tab for Endless Mideast Wars).

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2009/12/real-size-bailout-treasury-fed/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikecollins/2015/07/14/the-big-bank-bailout/#6ec99dbc2d83

https://www.cnbc.com/id/45674390

Romney made himself millions, and his companies like Bain Capital billions, breaking up and outsourcing viable American companies, gutting out the industrial base and crushing large swath of the middle class over the past several decades. This process has not abated, vulture capitalism is still thriving:

So true about Romney and Bain. I met him at The Sports Authority hq in Ft Lauderdale. Between Bain and Anderson Consulting, TSA was wiped out. Yes, it was still Anderson in 1996.
dajo9
Unit2Sucks said:

LOL @ the bailout costing $10B. You will need to do better than 10 year old articles to support that. Given that the total federal debt is about $21.6 trillion, forgive me for being skeptical of an article putting the cost of the bail out at $29 trillion or even $14 trillion.

Propublica's bailout tracker shows a net gain for the government and according to a more recent study by an MIT Sloan prof, the number was actually just under $500B.

I have no idea what the real number is, but I'm gonna go ahead and guess it's not more than the total federal deficit between 2008 and 2012 (right around $7T - most of which is unrelated to the bailouts).

It's no use. Cal88 has been called out for that lie previously on these boards. He'll continue to repeat the lie. That's how propagandists do.
American Vermin
blungld
kelly09 said:

bearlyamazing said:

blungld said:

My favorites too, BA.

Like your proud of that? Seriously, what is wrong with you?
Yogi14
blungld said:

kelly09 said:

bearlyamazing said:

blungld said:

My favorites too, BA.
Said it before and I'll say it again. The only remedy for these people is death. Education has been wasted on them.
sycasey
blungld said:

kelly09 said:

bearlyamazing said:

blungld said:

My favorites too, BA.

This should not surprise anyone.
BearForce2
blungld said:

kelly09 said:

bearlyamazing said:

blungld said:

My favorites too, BA.

Mods, remove this poster immediately for being intolerant and not adding any value to an off topic board on a college sports forum.

bearlyamazing
blungld said:

bearlyamazing said:

blungld said:

It appears more and more that what has developed the past few years is a system of well placed "journalists" who give the general right wing media apparatus talking points to get worked up about conspiracies and yet-to-be-shown unbelievable narratives that never actually emerge. These illusory claims allow Republicans (and Trump's cabal) to point to "sources" and perpetuate counter-narratives to the truth. With a propagandist journalist here and there, amplified by a mouthpiece like Hannity and Alex Jones, and then repeated by members of Congress willing to disseminate conspiracy theory, and a president who refuses to say anything under oath (instead opting for only one way communication from him to his base via tweet or kowtowing media like FOX and Friends), what you have is state-sponsored propaganda machine. It's right there in plain sight. Its purpose to foment outrage, divide and anger, and to discredit legitimate press and actual reporting and known truths (again testimony under oath, court documents, verified facts).

These right wing journalists and government officials will only broadcast these "truths" within their own bubble and not in court of law, and fall apart when held to real account or put to the task of making a coherent public offering. It's always vague insinuation and a few dropped crumbs (usually information selected out of context or wholly manufactured) with an imagined trail they point to, but never reveal. And you, and others like you, point to this as fact and buried truth and an unveiling of the Deep State.

But there never is an unveiling.

Time and time again, when experts and witnesses and the actual truth tellers come forward these "stories" lose lawsuits, result in arrests, or go silent. Do you see the pattern? Or is this just proof that the Deep State is winning or owns all the courts and newspapers and experts, yadda yadda yadda?

How is it that your radar is such that oddly incoherent rantings by people who appear quite shifty and whose record is suspicious are the truth tellers to you--but intelligent, logical, articulate speakers are part of a Deep State?

This whole operation is a common place practice by authoritarian regimes, and there can be no doubt that this administration leans that way. So wouldn't that be further evidence that this is what is happening here? A propaganda operation to discredit facts and create a boogeyman Deep State for a president who is allergic to truth and has things he needs to hide. This is just common sense and requires no crazy leap to a Deep State conspiracy. It aligns with known fact.

If we can agree that a "Deep State" is a covert action aimed at trying to subvert truth and further a political, disreputable, and illegal agenda, isn't the Soloman to Hannity to Trump to GOP to base feedback loop precisely that? The Deep State are those claiming a Deep State. It is patently obvious to anyone not in the cult.

Call me and others trying to tell you this any names you like, and keep believing that it is we who are dumb or brainwashed, but this is precisely what cult members do. The story of the Deep State serves this president. This president is not a truth teller. You are believing liars who need people to believe their lies. This should be step one in connecting dots and getting out of these harmful beliefs and perspective.

I wish you well and hope you see your way out of this.
Your claims are completely spurious and intellectually lazy. These writers I recommended tirelessly research and document their points through FOIA requests and other means, unlike the lying left mainstream media. If you took two minutes to research their work rather than reflexively try and discredit them, you'd know that. But then, you're not really interested in the truth. It inconveniently disagrees with your worldview and your fellow echo chamber members here.

The disappointing thing is, I like you as a Cal athletics poster. But in the real world, you're quite another person entirely. Unhinged, angry and intolerant, just like the dominant majority of the left who can't come to grips with the fact that half of America supports the work Trump has done as president, even if many don't care for him as a person. You pretend you're none of those things but your words consistently betray you.

TDS is a real thing. Those afflicted (and there are many here and everywhere) wake up with a range of emotions from anxiety to rage. Every single day. And that's why there's absolutely no possibility of reasoning with people like you. It's an absolute impossibility. Like the clown who said people like me and Kelly and everyone else with conservative values should die. Mods, why is that even tolerated here?
B.A. Bearacus
bearlyamazing said:

TDS is a real thing. Those afflicted (and there are many here and everywhere) wake up with a range of emotions from anxiety to rage. Every single day. And that's why there's absolutely no possibility of reasoning with people like you. It's an absolute impossibility. Like the clown who said people like me and Kelly and everyone else with conservative values should die. Mods, why is that even tolerated here?

And with that you are personally done for me. Blocked and see you in the next lifetime.
bearlyamazing
B.A. Bearacus said:

bearlyamazing said:

And with that you are personally done for me. Blocked and see you in the next lifetime.
blungld
bearlyamazing said:

Your claims are completely spurious and intellectually lazy. These writers I recommended tirelessly research and document their points through FOIA requests and other means, unlike the lying left mainstream media. If you took two minutes to research their work rather than reflexively try and discredit them, you'd know that. But then, you're not really interested in the truth. It inconveniently disagrees with your worldview and your fellow echo chamber members here.

The disappointing thing is, I like you as a Cal athletics poster. But in the real world, you're quite another person entirely. Unhinged, angry and intolerant, just like the dominant majority of the left who can't come to grips with the fact that half of America supports the work Trump has done as president, even if many don't care for him as a person. You pretend you're none of those things but your words consistently betray you.

So here's the thing. If you are going to talk or debate with any human being productively you can't tell them what they think and you have to at least consider that what they say they believe and their motivations are true. Consider for a moment that it is objectively tru and you may be wrong, but at the very least understand and agree that what they say they believe is true for them. Right?

So, please give me the courtesy of actually understanding that what I am about to write is true and not meant to trick you or give a false representation of my real thoughts and beliefs or a hidden "truth."

There is no such thing as TDS. That is a largely meaningless expression (like Never Trumper) with a political charge used to disparage a person who has simply come to disagree with the president and finds his actions increasingly distressing and in need of curtail.

I have judged every president. Will judge every president. As you do and as every citizen has with every president. Observing their behavior, words, actions, values we come to conclusions as to who they are and if we approve. There is no disease that makes one wake up one day hating Trump. Or crash courses on MSNBC teaching one how to hate Trump. Or a secret agreement (like McConnell had against Obama) to NEVER like Trump.

No, instead there is a very natural human process of seeing a man act poorly, cruelly, and politically that "we" not only disagree with but find to be antithetical to American and decent human values. And so we have come to a place of intense disagreement over the past 3 years. I gave him every chance in my mind to prove me wrong when elected and bring in a brilliant cabinet and reverse the campaign rhetoric into something unexpected and inspired. That never happened. Everything got worse except shareholder value and executive compensation (I realize I am simplifying to make a point).

I presume that you for instance do not like Charles Manson. Do you have Manson Derangement Syndrome for feeling that way, or did you observe his actions and come to see him as evil and a threat to society?

How about instead of creating an ideological term for opinions you disagree with (those buzzwords are dog whistle propaganda) simply say what you know to be true? Blungld has come to not like Trump and want him removed from office. Then you know what my actual position is rather than a boogeyman version of it, and you can express your own opinion that you disagree and state why.

As far as me being a different person in the "real world". I don't think you know me in the real world. But in my life I am known as being a pretty smart, compassionate caring family man and friend. I have founded and run successful businesses and have an extended network of people who see me as a person to turn to for advice and wisdom. So I don't think I'm a monster. And I don't think my opinions of Trump are irrational or hateful. Fearful, yes. Frustrated by the lack of ethical fortitude by the GOP and their silence to a very real national security threat and ongoing cyber attack on our "democracy." So yes, I am also very alarmed and outspoken on a subject I never thought I would have to address in my life real or otherwise.
sycasey
bearlyamazing said:

half of America supports the work Trump has done as president
If the polls are any indication, it's less than half.
Unit2Sucks
bearlyamazing said:

Your claims are completely spurious and intellectually lazy. These writers I recommended tirelessly research and document their points through FOIA requests and other means, unlike the lying left mainstream media. If you took two minutes to research their work rather than reflexively try and discredit them, you'd know that.
John Solomon is more of a political operative than a journalist. He worked tirelessly to spread Russian propaganda about Ukraine (I say this because the intelligence community believes this) which found it's way to Trump and is in part responsible for the chain of events that has lead to Trump's impeachment.

I don't think TDS exists, but if you believe John Solomon over our intelligence community, you may prove me wrong yet.

EDIT: Just realized that blungld said all of this already. +1 to that.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.