cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,277,203 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1;842252066 said:

marquese chriss scored 23 pts as the pleasant grove eagles (original group) (6-5) endangered in overtime 63-61 the san gabriel academy eagles (cover group) in the holiday hardwood invitational battle of the bands

chriss will be officially visiting washington the weekend of jan 10th per west coast hoops...while lorenzo romar is one of the good guys (unlike sleaze balls dana altman & steve alford) in the pac 12, this is a risky recruiting strategy as marquese cannot sign until nov of 2014 at the earliest, the northwest weather will likely be cold azz & the downward trending huskies (6-5 this yr, missed the ncca tnt the last 2 yrs & their best player cj wilcox gone after this season) could be blown out at home vs colorado

mom matters#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including sacramento)

marquese chriss scored 17 pts with a very unusual 1 fg & 15-16 fts as pleasant grove (6-7) was lassoed by the unbeaten el cerrito gauchos (14-0) 78-54 in the father kelly classic

HoopDreams

[SIZE="5"][COLOR="Blue"]Who's got next?
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Shocky1
Shocky1;842213096 said:

former bears all american & cal graduate nnamdi asomugha of nigerian descent was a 1st round nfl draft choice, a multiple time pro bowler & is currently with the san francisco 49ers

asomugha has generated $75+m in nfl earnings

nnamdi is a philanthropist & runs the asomugha foundation: owin (orphans & widows in need) provides food, shelter, medicine, vocational training, literacy education, and scholarships to those victimized by abuse & poverty in nigeria

this yr nnamdi married actress/model kerry washington & they are expecting their 1st child

cal has provided the foundation/opened doors for nnamdi athletically, acacademically, financially & from a community service perspective along with getting the girl of his dreams

cal family#
50 yr decision#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including nigeria & hollywood)

nnamdi asomugha signed a 1 day contract this week so he could officially retire wih the oakland raiders

meanwhile, nnamdi's wife (the girl of his dreams) kerry washington continues to appear on the cover of almost every magazine (ok, maybe not field & stream) in america...if you don't think kerry doesn't do yoga 5 times a week, you are clueless

Bearprof
Shocky1;842255927 said:

marquese chriss scored 17 pts with a very unusual 1 fg & 15-16 fts as pleasant grove (6-7) was stung by the unbeaten el cerrito yellowjackets (14-0) 78-54 in the father kelly classic

El Cerrito Gauchos, not Yellowjackets. The Yellowjackets are Berkeley High.
Shocky1
Bearprof;842256164 said:

El Cerrito Gauchos, not Yellowjackets. The Yellowjackets are Berkeley High.

that's just dumb...during my 4 yrs living in berkeley, i never saw a single yellowjacket

saw a few hippies tho...better yet, berkeley hs's mascot should be the top dogs

the original post will be amended under protest

Shocky1
Shocky1;842251573 said:

it is highly unlikely that the bird will fly around haas sat afternoon...jb had x rays when the bears returned to berkeley on mon & hopefully this is nothing more than a severely sprained ankle

jb is receiving excellent medical treatment but it should be mentioned that his nurse wicked's left arm has some scary azz deal on it, who knows what's up with that...

unbreakable#

it is highly unlikely that nurse wicked will clear jabari for the oregon/oregon state roadtrip

look, not trying to 2nd guess nurse wicked from a medical malpractice standpoint, but it sure seems like that bird would receive better treatment if both of her elbows weren't tied up
Shocky1
behrens rocked a 3.5 gpa (he ain't stoopid) & served on the school leadership team at tahoma hs in washington before bringing his 30' vj & 80' wingspan to berkeley

what you may not know about christian behrens is that his dad bj died at their maple valley home following a 16 month battle against brain cancer in the early hours of feb 19, 2010...he had turned 53 the month prior and was known for his bravery & great sense of humor

christian has said of his father "i know he's looking down at me...i know he's proud and that's what i'm trying to do every day in what i do, make him proud"

there can be no doubt that bj, mom andrea & sister rachel are very proud of christian who has also fought back from 2 serious knee surgeries

next time you're at a bears game, make sure that you recognize and celebrate christian behrens & the road less traveled he's taken in life

bj & christian behrens

gregg gottlieb told me "i thought christian played a large role in winning at stanford...he impacted the game with his defense and rebounding at both ends of the court...with david and richard in foul trouble it allowed us to sustain our momentum...if he continues to bring that to the table he will earn more minutes"

christian behrens has no quit in him, he is relentless...he has stared down tragedy more than once and perservered

christian behrens is truly unbreakable & a great teammate

cal family#
the fast & furious#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842249313 said:

in between porschia & joumana, j dated singer toni braxton

so toni shows up at the dallas mavericks hotel to meet j but instead hooks up with teammate jimmy Jackson after bumping into him in the lobby

after that j wasn't as interested in dishing dimes to action jackson

lesson of the story?

bros before hoes (or don't **** off your pg)

HoopDreams
see Rorie in action...

HoopDreams
Idrissa Diallo future Monster in the middle...

http://vimeo.com/35618571
UCBerkGrad
HoopDreams;842256622 said:

see Rorie in action...

Nice. I want to check him out. Do you know when the game is on?
Shocky1
Shocky1;842228799 said:

idrissa diallo, a silent commit since his official visit with his parents & mentor/coach middlebrooks, is officially a california golden bear

at the beginning of this summer the cal coaching staff regarded idrissa diallo as the most athletic with the highest upside, thomas welsh as the most polished and evan fitzner as the most ball skilled

at various points in his recruitment, iddy had actionable offers from ucla, usc, oregon & colorado with significant interest from other major programs

with a solid 3.4 gpa, diallo is a true student athlete too

congratulations to our honest & high character bb staff (particularly gregg gottlieb) for their tireless efforts in iddy's recruitment

idrissa diallo, an impressive young man from senegal, will continue his epic quest to fulfill his dreams at the #1 ranked public university in the world

idrissa diallo is playing with high energy & intensity for the cathedral phantoms (5-1) with a very high fg % which suggests not only a skilled shooting touch/finishing ability but also good shot selection

1st game: the phantoms denested the santee falcons 80-26 with iddy scoring 12 pts on 5-5 fgs & 2-4 fts along with 7 boards, 3 steals & a block

2nd game: cathedral galloped by the sunrise mountain mustangs 80-51 as iddy scored 21 pts on 9-10 fgs, 3-3 fts along with 4 boards, 2 assists, 3 steals & a block

3rd game: the phantoms wounded the woodbridge warriors 73-61 with iddy scoring 20 pts on 8-11 fgs, 4-6 fts along with a relentless 17 boards, 3 assists & a steal

4th game: cathedral endangered the graves county eagles 49-47 as iddy scored 14 pts, 6-9 fgs, 2-8 fts, 9 boards, an assist, a steal & an impressive get that garbage out of here 7 blocks

the cathedral ad told me that iddy is healthy & that he was rested the last 2 games "just to be safe" to ensure a full recovery...he considers idrissa to be "a really great kid"

diallo is staying in touch with his buddy roger moute a bidias & is eagerly anticpating his arrival in berkeley this summer after going home to senegal to have his visa renewed

go phantoms#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including los angeles & senegal)
atoms
Full recovery from what?
Shocky1
atoms;842256758 said:

Full recovery from what?

broken elbow
atoms
Shocky1;842256806 said:

broken elbow

Ahh yes, that's right. Thanks! Glad he seems to be healthy again.
GoldenBear1
Shocky1;842256806 said:

broken elbow

Did he have surgery on the elbow?

Great report!

Tremendous potential for him.

Excited to see what the spring signing period adds to our strong two man class
Shocky1
UCBerkGrad;842256630 said:

Nice. I want to check him out. Do you know when the game is on?

ucbg, the montverde academy game on sat is at 4:00 pm et

are you familiar with time zones?...if you are in auckland right now & turn on the game at 4:00 pm local time, this game will not be on your television...you understand that, right?

dude, please tell me that you are not an air traffic controller

my favorite game time story is as follows:

jerry colangelo (the former managing partner of the phx sun who spearheaded the revitalization of downtown phoenix & also convinced mlb to franchise the arizona diamondbacks) told me once during a round of golf at phx cc (he lived off the 3rd fairway) that back in the suns early days he was helping answer the phones on a gameday:

caller: hey, i'd like to bring my wife & 4 kids to the suns game tonight, what time is tip off?

jerry: what time can you get here?

Shocky1
during labor day weekend of 2010 tony woods beat the crap out of his girlfriend in front of their 8 month old child...woods was arrested and charged with three counts of assault for kicking and pushing courney lorel barbout who suffered a fracture of her spine in the attack

against the 6'11" 250 lbs woods, courney had no chance to protect herself

wake forest did the right thing and suspended woods

so oregon's sleazeball mbb hc dana altman recruited woods to shore up the ducks interior defense

steve alford & dana altman are enablers of players that commit crimes of violence against women if it means they might win a few more games

dana altman is once again relying upon 6 transfers for the ducks 2013 season...2 of these transfers are srs: mike moser & jason calliste

the 2 sr transfers are not student athletes in any sense of the word...moser & calliste will arrive in the fall & then depart that spring with zero academic progress and/or achievement...they are like transients

beyond devaluing the already shaky oregon degree (which is considered a jc caliber education with its 90+% acceptance rate), those players that have worked within the bb program for several yrs are recruited over & benched in favor of guys who don't even know where the library is in eugene

so who else did altman recruit for the 2013 ducks?

*elgin cook, declared ineligible during hs in milwaukee for having a gpa under 2.0
http://themilwaukeedrum.com/2011/02/13/the-tragedy-of-elgin-cook-other-mps-black-student-athletes/

*jordan bell from lbp was declared ineligible before the school yr & will not join the roster until next season

*christiano felicio from brazil was declared ineligible by the ncaa after attending a roseville "prep school" handpicked by altman that is facing allegations of academic fraud & child abuse
http://fox40.com/2013/01/10/roseville-prep-academy-coach-arrested-for-physical-abuse/

bottom line
*****a cal degree helps you move forward in life & marry the girl of your dreams
*an oregon degree helps you get hired as the night shift supervisor at the truck stop in medford & probably marrying a lot lizard

just do it#

this is oregon basketball#
You seem to be the only one bothered.

All they do is win......get players ............get ranked ..............and Altman will get an extension...................and................................on and on ..........and you rage on............
Shocky1
congratulations to:

*****mike montgomery
*****travis decuire
*****gregg gottlieb
*****john montgomery
*****theo robertson
*****jay john
*****cal academic tutors

for successfully cleaning up the ben braun academic cesspool as evidenced by the bb team's recent apr of 955...with the current roster of true student athletes, this # is likely to escalate toward 1000 in the future

who are these bears?

alan crabbe-3.3 gpa@price (honorary team member/current playing w/portland trail blazers)
justin cobbs-3.39 gpa@bishop montgomery
richard solomon-3.5 gpa@price
david kravish-4.1 gpa@lee's summit north
tyrone wallace-3.5 gpa@bakersfield
ricky kreklow-3.72 gpa@rocky bridge
jeff powers-excellent student@delasalle
garrett galvin-4.0 gpa@torrey pines
jabari bird-3.0+gpa@salesian
jordan mathews-3.55 gpa@santa monica
sam singer-3.4 gpa@ransom everglades
kameron rooks-3.5 gpa@mission hills
roger moute a bidias-3.0+ gpa@notre dame
amhaad rorie-3.6 gpa@lincoln & montverde academy
idrissa diallo-3.4 gpa@cathedral

cal fans can expect every player listed above to either leave cal with a degree and/or a nba contract...hopefully the bears' future nba players will eventually return to cal like former nba all star shareef abdur rahim, 3.8 gpa@cal, to graduate

of the 300+ ncaa d1 bb teams, cal is among the most academically elite programs along with duke, stanford, the ivy leagues & the service academies

if anyone can document a d1 bb program (other than the programs listed above) that has student athletes as academically gifted as cal, i will donate $10,000 to a university of california (berkeley) educational scholarship program of their choice in their name

#50 yr decision

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world

the above is the MOST IMPORTANT stat sheet in cal basketball

cal family#
50 yr decision#

this is the difference between basketball factories that use up & then discard their workers (leaving them unemployable on the streets) and legitimate collegiate instituions of higher learning with an academic purpose
Shocky1
Shocky1;842256989 said:

during labor day weekend of 2010 tony woods beat the crap out of his girlfriend in front of their 8 month old child...woods was arrested and charged with three counts of assault for kicking and pushing courney lorel barbout who suffered a fracture of her spine in the attack

against the 6'11" 250 lbs woods, courney had no chance to protect herself

wake forest did the right thing and suspended woods

so oregon's sleazeball mbb hc dana altman recruited woods to shore up the ducks interior defense

steve alford & dana altman are enablers of players that commit crimes of violence against women if it means they might win a few more games

dana altman is once again relying upon 6 transfers for the ducks 2013 season...2 of these transfers are srs: mike moser & jason calliste

the 2 sr transfers are not student athletes in any sense of the word...moser & calliste will arrive in the fall & then depart that spring with zero academic progress and/or achievement...they are like transients

beyond devaluing the already shaky oregon degree (which is considered a jc caliber education with its 90+% acceptance rate), those players that have worked within the bb program for several yrs are recruited over & benched in favor of guys who don't even know where the library is in eugene

so who else did altman recruit for the 2013 ducks?

*elgin cook, declared ineligible during hs in milwaukee for having a gpa under 2.0
http://themilwaukeedrum.com/2011/02/13/the-tragedy-of-elgin-cook-other-mps-black-student-athletes/

*jordan bell from lbp was declared ineligible before the school yr & will not join the roster until next season

*christiano felicio from brazil was declared ineligible by the ncaa after attending a roseville "prep school" handpicked by altman that is facing allegations of academic fraud & child abuse
http://fox40.com/2013/01/10/roseville-prep-academy-coach-arrested-for-physical-abuse/

bottom line
*****a cal degree helps you move forward in life & marry the girl of your dreams
*an oregon degree helps you get hired as the night shift supervisor at the truck stop in medford & probably marrying a lot lizard

just do it#

top 50 national player brandon austin had a 2.6 gpa at the academically challenged imhotep institute charter school in philly...imhotep institute charter school scores a 2 out of 10 in the greatschools rating system which basically means it offers more of an education than the philly dog pound but probably less than a prison

after penn state backed off austin because of his distinterest in school, providence took a chance...but after he was charged with raping a female providence student, providence did the right thing & suspended austin before the season with a statement re: "not upholding his responsibities as a student athlete"

enter douche bag dana altman who lures austin to transfer to oregon

voila!

Big C
Shocky1;842256959 said:

ucbg, the montverde academy game on sat is at 4:00 pm et

are you familiar with time zones?...if you are in auckland right now & turn on the game at 4:00 pm local time, this game will not be on your television...you understand that, right?

dude, please tell me that you are not an air traffic controller

my favorite game time story is as follows:

jerry colangelo (the former managing partner of the phx sun who spearheaded the revitalization of downtown phoenix & also convinced mlb to franchise the arizona diamondbacks) told me once during a round of golf at phx cc (he lived off the 3rd fairway) that back in the suns early days he was helping answer the phones on a gameday:

caller: hey, i'd like to bring my wife & 4 kids to the suns game tonight, what time is tip off?

jerry: what time can you get here?

I don't have any good game time stories, but here is my best basketball/time zones story (seems relevant)...

This is from author David Halberstam, with whom I would love to play golf, except for a) he died in a car accident in San Jose several years back and b) I don't play golf. Instead, I'm borrowing it from his book The Breaks of the Game. It goes as follows, IIRC:

Marvin ("Bad News") Barnes is playing in the old ABA and his team is on the road. They have a short flight (say, 50 min.) to get to their destination and the flight crosses from the Eastern Time Zone into Central Time. He gets to the gate and sees the departure and arrival times of the flight (say, departing at 5:45 EST, arriving 5:35 CST). He balks at getting onto the plane, exclaiming, "I ain't gettin' in no time machine!"

(Book cited is worth a read. The other "Bad News" anecdote in the book is even better, but, unfortunately, is not about time zones or even game times... er, I take it back: It is loosely about game times.)
Shocky1

check out the seriously unhappy dude with his hands on his head in the ugly yellow shirt in the upper left center of the photo

fun times for mr black jacket in the center of the photo who's about to hurl into his right hand

also gotta love the cute brunette duck cheerleader pumping her pom poms in support of justin cobb's ice in his veins buzzer beating game winner...i dunno maybe she's just smiling cuz she's checking out david kravish's package (real talk, that's how the real world works, hot girls from dumb azz schools try to date & marry cal guys when they leave school, cal grads hold all the cards)

view to a kill#
this is cal basketball#

justin cobbs=ice in his veins
Shocky1
Shocky1;842244818 said:

sami eleraky's stats don't stand out in justin labagh's successful heavy rotation system that relentlessly breaks down opponents...for instance utah's standout newcomer delon wright ppg avg this season is 16.0, last season at ccsf his ppg avg was slightly under 10.0...don't get totally caught up in stats when evaluating ccsf players, ok?

denmark's eleraky is just a shade under 7" & can really run & jump along with a physical style of play...the physical skills are all there, he has a chance to be good if he can put it all together (which he hasn't done yet)...in that sense, sami eleraky's potential is a work in progress like kameron rooks

the bears staff is still evaluating eleraky & he is considered a cal lean if continues to improve & graduate from ccsf this spring

go rams#

the university of california's berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including aalborg & san francisco)

sami is averaging 5.9 boards per game but not much offensive production for justin labagh's #1 ranked ccsf (15-1) in their quest for another state championship
http://www.cccaastats.org/sports/mbkb/2013-14/players/sammielerakyv02c?view=gamelog

it's important to have a lot of game to become a california golden bear
smokeyrover
Rebounding stats aren't very impressive (and that is the big need to replace Solomon's numbers), but what is really throwing up a red flag is 30% from the line.
Shocky1

jordan mathews=denzil washington

"classic overachiever," my azz

squared off shoulders + simple release=scorched earth

cal family#
the grind#
unbreakable#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including the santa monica pier & mexico city)

"he's been our best shooter in practice...he's been the one guy who has consistently shot the ball game in and game out...he's a natural scorer and he doesn't have a conscience...he missed a couple early and it kind of surprises you a bit...but then he makes the first one and it felt like he's make every one...the gun is always loaded with jordan...he's been a guy who can really shoot the ball...he'll thrive because he's ready to shoot...he knows how to square his shoulders to the basket and shoot it"

-mike montgomery

cal family#
man on fire#
shooters squared shoulders#

jordan mathews, 3 star recruit my azz, scored 32 clutch pts on 10-14 shooting including 9-9 fts & 3-4 3 pters + 5 aggressive boards & only 1 turnover in a hostile opponent's arena

the only volume scorer in north america than can rival jordan is jonah (according to phil)

jordan mathews=en fuego

cal family#
boyz to men#
the amazing mathews family#
LOUMFSG2
I think Mathews was actually 9-9 from the FT line
Shocky1
original monsters + monster class=cal family

where the monsters are#

l to r, alan "the original monster" crabbe, jordan "man on fire" mathews, justin "ice in his veins" cobbs, richard "the time is now" solomon & barry "the miracle worker" parsons

tyrone "unbreakable" wallace & david "what not to wear" kravish not pictured cuz they are probably hooking up with 2 of those oregon cheerleaders, that's what hot girls from dumb azz schools do when around cal guys (they be tryin to get ahead in life, mrs degree)

12 in a row#

the time is now...
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=wale+ambition&qpvt=wale+ambition&FORM=VDRE#view=detail&mid=E55AC2C8D7DB2124C0EAE55AC2C8D7DB2124C0EA
HoopDreams
[SIZE="5"]gun slinger[/SIZE]

Shocky1;842258856 said:

"...the gun is always loaded with jordan...he's been a guy who can really shoot the ball...he'll thrive because he's ready to shoot..."

Shocky1
Shocky1;842229231 said:

dana altman to cameron oliver:

"hey cameron, glad you could make it up here on your official visit...good to see you" (wtf did you bring your dad along?...i was hoping you would come alone, maybe fire up a few blunts with our football team, chill a bit and maybe commit this weekend)

"great to see you too mr oliver" (why don't you get lost and let me spend some time with your boy alone...i could really use a drink and a xanax)

"there's no doubt you will start for us next season" (unless i can get another dumb azz 5th year senior to transfer to this crappy town...better call my agent after these guys leave, i gotta go somewhere warmer)

"cameron, there are a lot of benefits of playing for the ducks" (like those shoes, just don't be stoopid about it when you sell them like artis...man, i need a drink about now)

"i make it a point to support my players both on and off the court" (when wake forest's 6'10" 260 lbs tony woods beat the crap out of his live in girlfriend causing her spinal damage, i was the first head coach to tell him i had a spot on my roster)

"we are very selective regarding the type of players we recruit" (hey, i asked tony, are you gonna beatdown any more dumb bitches if they **** you off and he said no...there you go)

"while our 90+% admittance rate and junior college level academics haven't been understandably respected in the past, oregon is making great strides on a go forward basis" (oregon just passed the el paso school of bartending in the national college rankings)

"several of our former players have moved into management at their companies" (our last guy is now the night shift supervisor at a truck stop in medford & dating a lot lizard)

"cameron, to be honest with you, i'm not sure cal is the right fit for you" (i think you are too stoopid to graduate from berkeley)

"eugene is a special place" (if you are a goddamn eskimo, my balls are literally freezing...better call my agent, maybe florida state will open up...i could really use a drink and a xanax)

"please feel free to call me directly if you have any other questions" (and leave your dumb azz dad out of this, this is between you and me...all of these academic and school crap questions are really starting to **** me off...you are a basketball player, knock if off...just one quick drink, that's all i ask, is that asking for too much?)

just do it#

http://www.sacbee.com/2014/01/08/6057385/preps-plus-grants-oliver-overcomes.html

cameron oliver's recruitment is shaping up as a cal (depending upon his sat score & 1st semester grades) vs arizona (depending upon who declares early for the nba draft)

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including sacramento)
Shocky1
Shocky1;842222438 said:

documentation re: how girls from mediocre dumb azz schools act when they are around cal guys

mrs degree#

it ain't northwestern
Shocky1
HoopDreams;842258926 said:

[SIZE="5"]gun slinger[/SIZE]

"it feels great, not just my individual game but to get the w...once I hit my first two shots, i knew i could get what I wanted...coach montgomery said that every game it's going to be someone different, today it was me"

-jordan mathews

cal family#
man on fire#
OldBlue1999
Shocky1;842258974 said:

it ain't northwestern

If I guess correctly what do I win?
OdontoBear66
OldBlue1999;842259230 said:

If I guess correctly what do I win?

My guess you're looking at it. Now just get shocky to get you a time to "tee" it up.
Vandalus
Shocky1;842258974 said:

it ain't northwestern

Looks like TCU to me. I'd say that's a horned frog and their colors are purple and black. Then again, TCU is a nike school, and their pullovers are Asics so I'm probably way off here.
First Page Last Page
Page 59 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.