cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,277,261 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?

m83 celebrates why midnight city is bear territory (don't miss the crazy azz sax solo)

brandon, the san francisco bay area is one of the culturally diverse cities not only in the united states but also in the world

there is a melting pot celebration of filipino & peruvian people

with cal's significant asian student body representation, you would be an instant crowd favorite among the haas pavilion california golden bears fans

cal family#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world
GOCAL73
manus;842317321 said:

WSU: a bit out of the way, but a good school.

On what planet?
south bender
Shocky1;842317384 said:

brandon, the san francisco bay area is one of the culturally diverse cities not only in the united states but also in the world

SF Bay Area is a city?

Go Bears!
Shocky1
GOCAL73;842317391 said:

On what planet?

uranus?

if you think this is funny, you need to grow up

Shocky1
south bender;842317413 said:

SF Bay Area is a city?

Go Bears!

this lesson re: the san francisco bay area city has been brought to you by dr shock

and no, south bender, you cannot attend my office hours, that time is exclusively reserved for my favorite brunette yoga girl

you're welcome

don't be a dumb azz#
Shocky1
my pal usc ad pat haden hired andy endfield whose sole bb claim to fame was winning 2 ncca tnt games with 2.5 hs gpa dumb azzs...his fgc's players post game interviews were virtually imcomprehensible

so how did andy's 1st "dunk city" season at usc turn out?

not so good with an abysmal 11-21 season (2-16 in pac 12) & continued lousy attendance...the trojans only bright spots were knocking off dayton & a then pac 12 undefeated cal team...other than annie & mike montgomery along with myself, the bears players, coaches, staff & fans were virtually mute that ill fated nite at galen

so andy's next season is gonna get better, right?

nope, it's looking like another 20+ loss season in smogsville as leading scorer & rebounder byron wesley has opted to finish up school this summer & play somewhere else as a graduate transfer in the hopes of avoiding another long season

endfield will be losing his 4 leading scorers:

***byron wesley, 17.8 ppg & 6.4 rpg
***pe'shon "bail bond" howard-10.8 ppg & a team high 3.9 apg
***j.t. terrell-9.8 ppg
***omar "dead eyes" oraby-8.2 ppg & 6.0 rpg

losing the stanley johnson sweepstakes (to arizona) after a 1000+ hrs of recruiting him really hurt the future of the program

so another 20+ loss season is in the cards for the trojans again

sorry pat, you hired the wrong endfield, you should've gone with amanda

fight on#

usc just locked up its next 2nd straight 20+ loss season with byron wesley's graduate transfer to gonzaga

you just can't beat the nightlife in spokane (but you can beat the nightlife in spokane if you're a trojan)

coach endfield is continuing to get it done
Shocky1

"where i like the coaching staff and where the head coach is the main one talking to me so i know they really want me...if the head coach is calling, that means you're a priority"

-ivan rabb

"the schools that he has recruiting him are university of california-berkeley, ucla, usc, arizona, kansas, kentucky, georgetown and north carolina"

-lou richie, bod hc

early indications are that cuonzo & the new staff have made favorable 1st impressions

the former bears staff were fractured in their approach to the recruitment of the #1 player in the 2015 class...coaches told me there was "no chance" to "we should try harder"...my biggest divergence in opinion with the that staff (that led cal bb to the most successful era during the last half a century) centered around ivan's recruitment...only td attended bod's state championship game at sleepy train arena in sacramento after the bears season had already ended

mac dre agrees that not making every effort known to mankind to relentlessly recruit ivan rabb would be stoopid, gotta "growl like a bear"

the grind includes the hc#

"the new cal coaches stopped by as well...i like them so far but i have not seen the way they coach yet or anything...i will watch them this year"

-ivan rabb

HoopDreams
pierrezo
HoopDreams;842317541 said:

Who's Richard Unger? From my internet research he is a psychiatrist from Berkeley who's a huge Cal fan who tweets a lot of Cal stuff.
HoopDreams
I have no idea who Richard U is, but it doesn't matter
point is Rorie re-tweeted it

pierrezo;842317544 said:

Who's Richard Unger? From my internet research he is a psychiatrist from Berkeley who's a huge Cal fan who tweets a lot of Cal stuff.
Shocky1

"coaches, i'm going to outwork you today!!! #the season never ends"

-travis decuire

"td ain't some candy azz stoopid dumb azz"

-annonymous bears fan

wayne tinkle will be introduced tomorrow as the new oregon state hc

former grizzlies star td will be the frontrunner to be selected as montana's next hc with a strong endorsement from one time montana hc mike montgomery

if td is hired in missoula, this could create potential staff opportunities for gregg gottlieb, theo robertson, john montgomery & scott thom
OdontoBear66
Shocky1;842317564 said:

"coaches, i'm going to outwork you today!!! #the season never ends"

-travis decuire

"td ain't some candy azz stoopid dumb azz"

-annonymous bears fan

wayne tinkle will be introduced tomorrow as the new oregon state hc

former grizzlies star td will be the frontrunner to be selected as montana's next hc with a strong endorsement from one time montana hc mike montgomery

if td is hired in missoula, this could create potential staff opportunities for gregg gottlieb, theo robertson, john montgomery & scott thom

Would be great and well deserved. Cal turned out to be a reach, but this sounds great. TD can show his greatness and climb the ladder. I know a lot of us were disappointed, because of allegiance, that TD wasn't hired, but this may work out better for him if he has the mojo. Just hope he doesn't hold it against us in the future. Wish him well. But at the same time, I love the direction we are, SUPRISINGLY, going. Good luck Cuonzo at the helm.
HoopDreams
life goes in funny directions

I think the musical chairs will end with Decuire landing the head coaching job at Montana, where he played, and taking over from a Monty coaching chain program

Montana ain't Cal, but I think the Montana job is actually better than the OSU job, as OSU lost all 5 starters from last year's team.

It will be interesting if Rorie signs with Montana if TD gets the job

OdontoBear66;842317570 said:

Would be great and well deserved. Cal turned out to be a reach, but this sounds great. TD can show his greatness and climb the ladder. I know a lot of us were disappointed, because of allegiance, that TD wasn't hired, but this may work out better for him if he has the mojo. Just hope he doesn't hold it against us in the future. Wish him well. But at the same time, I love the direction we are, SUPRISINGLY, going. Good luck Cuonzo at the helm.
tsubamoto2001
HoopDreams;842317586 said:

life goes in funny directions

I think the musical chairs will end with Decuire landing the head coaching job at Montana, where he played, and taking over from a Monty coaching chain program

Montana ain't Cal, but I think the Montana job is actually better than the OSU job, as OSU lost all 5 starters from last year's team.

It will be interesting if Rorie signs with Montana if TD gets the job

The Montana job is not better than OSU, which is why Tinkle, another Montana alum, is leaving for OSU. OSU could return no one next season and it's still a better job than Montana. There is no Big Sky job that is better than a PAC-12 job.

Why would Rorie play in the Big Sky when he has a bunch of high-major offers? Sure, he's tight with TD, but I doubt he would pass up better opportunities just to play for TD in a lower-level conference.

Montana is probably the right spot for DeCuire. Most assistants don't start out with a high-major job and while Monty had success at Cal, it wasn't the kind of success that would support him being able to choose his successor.
Shocky1
marco harris is cal's new director of basketball operations

marco will oversee the bb program's day to day operation including financial budgetary mgmt & most importantly, the academic progress of cal's student athletes

during mike montgomery's era, travis decuire was responsible for tracking the bears work towards degrees

hopefully harris will be able to build relationships & implement academic gameplans to ensure that both justin cobbs & richard solomon finish up their remaining final semester classwork to earn degrees at the #1 public university in the world

marco harris & cuonzo martin are childhood friends from their early days in east st louis...they still be jammin

30+ yrs friendships#
HoopDreams
I was saying that the Montana job might be better FOR TRAVIS than the OSU, not making the bigger statement about OSU vs Montana

but Tsubamoto, you're probably right on all counts

tsubamoto2001;842317595 said:

The Montana job is not better than OSU, which is why Tinkle, another Montana alum, is leaving for OSU. OSU could return no one next season and it's still a better job than Montana. There is no Big Sky job that is better than a PAC-12 job.

Why would Rorie play in the Big Sky when he has a bunch of high-major offers? Sure, he's tight with TD, but I doubt he would pass up better opportunities just to play for TD in a lower-level conference.

Montana is probably the right spot for DeCuire. Most assistants don't start out with a high-major job and while Monty had success at Cal, it wasn't the kind of success that would support him being able to choose his successor.
manus
Shocky1;842317600 said:

marcos harris is cal's new director of basketball operations

marcos will oversee the bb program's day to day operation including financial budgetary mgmt & most importantly, the academic progress of cal's student athletes

during mike montgomery's era, travis decuire was responsible for tracking the bears work towards degrees

hopefully harris will be able to build relationships & implement academic gameplans to ensure that both justin cobbs & richard solomon finish up their remaining final semester classwork to earn degrees at the #1 public university in the world

marcos harris & cuonzo martin are childhood friends from their early days in east st louis...they still be jammin

30+ yrs friendships#

Cuonzo Martin is special: with him, it appears, loyalty goes down, first. In other words, his is a leader who takes care of his men, first, much like a leader learns in the military, especially at the platoon and company level.

Proof? The story above…. Notice how his Tenn staff came with him…. Remember the positive tweets from his players when he decided to take the Cal job….

Cal got a good one, a keeper.
SFBearz
Top 50 sg Elijah Stewart has committed to SC- big get again for Enfield. He now has the most talented group of guards in the conference and should have a much stronger team next year.
tsubamoto2001
HoopDreams;842317602 said:

I was saying that the Montana job might be better FOR TRAVIS than the OSU, not making the bigger statement about OSU vs Montana

but Tsubamoto, you're probably right on all counts

Yeah, I definitely agree Montana is a better spot for TD at this point in his career. He needs to show what he can do at that level and then everything else will take care of itself.
calfanz
pierrezo;842317544 said:

A few facts right and a few facts wrong.

Welcome to the internet.

@calfanz
NYCGOBEARS
calfanz;842317623 said:

Welcome to the internet.

@calfanz

Lmao! I've been waiting for your appearance.
calfanz
NYCGOBEARS;842317625 said:

Lmao! I've been waiting for your appearance.

since www.cyberbears.org
pierrezo
calfanz;842317623 said:

Welcome to the internet.

@calfanz

Thank you for the warm welcome. Us luddites must make your blood boil.
calfanz
pierrezo;842317630 said:

Thank you for the warm welcome. Us luddites must make your blood boil.

It was hysterical.

I am loving twitter, because it's real. Mano v mano.

lots of mistakes, but lots of open lines out there.

thanks for the shout out. my kids think i am famous.
Shocky1
marco harris is cal's new director of basketball operations

marco will oversee the bb program's day to day operation including financial budgetary mgmt & most importantly, the academic progress of cal's student athletes

marco harris & cuonzo martin are childhood friends from their early days in east st louis...they still be jammin

30+ yrs friendships#

"marco is someone i know very well and trust...his high character and exceptional work ethic will serve well in this role...marco has established himself as an excellent administrator in his career...he will play an important position in all aspects of our program"

-cuonzo martin
Shocky1
HoopDreams;842212047 said:

based on the two game action I've seen, I'm really liking this freshmen class...

"crazy how when school started, all i wanted to do was go home, now i never want to leave"

-jordan mathews

cal's monster class#
50 yr friendships#
Shocky1
nicodemus christopher is cal bb's new s&c coach

nicodemus will infuse the program with a whirlwind of positive energy & loud demonstrative support...he is like the shockster but in a much more grown up way

having attended more games (25+ at haas & the road usually sitting behind the team & screaming my azz off) than anybody else not on the cal bb team & staff, a defining characteristic that limited last season's team's trajectory was the abnormally quiet nature of the team & staff...i often noted here that these guys should transfer to the cal chess team with their stoically quiet demeanors

bb like life is a participatory (exclusively watching cal bb on tv does not make you a fan) opportunity to fully mentally & physically engage yourself in the moment...nicodemus christopher gets that, the odds of next season's california golden bears inexplicably sleepwalking thru games (at usc, at santa barbara, etc.) with him on the bench along with better sr leadership from david kravish are gonna be significantly reduced

christopher's significant other is sports reporter fallon smith, a san jose native & ucla grad

nicodemus calls her #my favorite latina

makes sense to me

cal family#
mikecohen
Shocky1;842317957 said:

nicodemus christopher is cal bb's new s&c coach

nicodemus will infuse the program with a whirlwind of positive energy & loud demonstrative support...he is like the shockster but in a much more grown up way

having attended more games (25+ at haas & the road usually sitting behind the team & screaming my azz off) than anybody else not on the cal bb team & staff, a defining characteristic that limited last season's team's trajectory was the abnormally quiet nature of the team & staff...i often noted here that these guys should transfer to the cal chess team with their stoically quiet demeanors

bb like life is a participatory (exclusively watching cal bb on tv does not make you a fan) opportunity to fully mentally & physically engage yourself in the moment...nicodemus christopher gets that, the odds of next season's california golden bears inexplicably sleepwalking thru games (at usc, at santa barbara, etc.) with him on the bench along with better sr leadership from david kravish are gonna be significantly reduced

christopher's significant other is sports reporter fallon smith, a san jose native & ucla grad

nicodemus calls her #my favorite latina

makes sense to me

cal family#

What is so striking is the extraordinary combination of him being, at the same time, VERY young, very authoritative, and totally nice (not a negative or nasty bone in his body).
Shocky1
the cal bb staff has confirmed to me that ricky kreklow will be graduating with a cal degree & therefore eligible to play immediately at his new school

ricky is a fiery leader & if he pursues a coaching career like his dad & mom (hc & asst hc for missouri's women's volleybal team) he will be successful

scott thom told me that ricky led the players' only workouts last summer & really got on the azzs of guys

from a bb standpoint, ricky is an above average defender & pretty good passer although his stylilsh dishes sometimes resulted in unforced turnovers

from a shooting standpoint, kreklow took a high percentage of his 3 pters off balance (tilting sideways, shoulders not squared up)...this actually became more of a problem thru the season culminating in some wild shots vs smu in dallas although it should be factored in he was playing with an ice hockey mask on for the 1st half before he dumped it (rumor is that he gave it to one of bush's secret service bodyguards) at intermission

kreklow's departure means wallace will likely start at the 3 with bird at the 2...cal will be a better shooting/scoring team with jordan mathews coming off the bench as a 6th man for signficant pt, expect him to break out & become more consisitent next season if he can improve his body control & not just wildly run everybody over with his head down on the way to the basket (and a charging call on him)...if you told me that jordan led the pac 12 with the most charges against him, i would believe you

roger moute a bidias now has a real opportunity for meaningful pt with hard work wth the s&c program this offseason

gonna miss ricky, particuarly his secretly tapping his teammates on the shoulders during timeouts & then going stone cold poker face when they started looking around

who me?

good luck to ricky kreklow at creighton, arguably the midwest's top academic instituiton & also closer to home

the scholly situation at mizzou with new hc kim anderson just didn't work out

go bluejays#
Shocky1
cuanzo martin & staff have extended an actionable offer to brandon chauca, a 5'9" 150 lbs pg

please note that this foto does not depict brandon's actual size

brandon is from greenville, south carolina & played this season at the 22 feet academy

chauca missed half of this season with mono & is only now getting his health back together after blowing up at the pittsburgh jam fest april 25-27 with several electrifying 3 pt shooting performances

dude is a lefty & has former pac 12 mvp jerome "rome around the world" nba range

brandon is visiting ernie kent & washington state this weekend with virginia tech (visited unofficially last weekend but did not meet hc buzz williams) & missouri also in the running

cal monsters come in all sizes

23.1 ppg, 7.4 apg, 3.1 rpg, 3.7 spg, 90% fts, 64% fgs& 49% 3 pters

wow, even snoop dogg is impressed
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=californai+girls+katie+perry&FORM=VIRE1#view=detail&mid=9DD8B81467FCB5EF40F09DD8B81467FCB5EF40F0

ernie kent did not close the deal sun/mon at washington state

brandon along with his mom & dad are now on an official visit to cal

cal family#
50 yr decision#
Shocky1

maybe mom, a filipina, & dad would enjoy dining with you at jayakarta near campus...to be honest with you, it doesn't look like cuonzo & tracy have missed many meals lately

half of the united states filipino population lives in california & more than 400,000 people of filipino descent live in the san francisco bay area according to the san francisco filipino american chamber of commerce

diversity (so does good food too) matters#
Shocky1
1. california institute of technology (cal tech)
2. university of oxford
3. harvard university
4. stanford university
5. massachusetts institute of technology (mit)
6. princeton university
7. university of cambridge
8. university of california, berkeley (cal)
9. university of chicago
10. imperial college london
11. yale university

per the 2013/2014 times higher education world university rankings
http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/world-university-rankings/2013-14/world-ranking/range/001-200

brandon, hope you are enjoying the san francisco bay area & your official visit with your mom & dad to the #1 (#8 overall) public university in the world

basketball (particularly the nba) is a cruel game, every player is one split second play, one violent play from your basketball days being over forever...and then you need your college education to help you achieve your dreams in life

with a cal degree, you can anything you want to do in life with focus & hard work

50 yr decision#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including peru & the philippines)
Shocky1

m83 celebrates why midnight city is bear territory (don't miss the crazy azz sax solo by the dude who looks like huff)

brandon, the san francisco bay area is one of the most culturally diverse cities/regions not only in the united states but also in the world

there is a melting pot celebration of filipino & peruvian people

with cal's significant asian student body representation, you would be an instant crowd favorite among the haas pavilion california golden bears fans...you will sell as many tixs as jason kidd if you're actively marketed/branded by the cal athletic dept

cal family#

"best part bout takin these official visits is being able to reward my parents for all their sacrifice, aau, practices, everything. #blessed"

-brandon chauca
HoopDreams
HoopDreams
Cal has world class athletes in every sport

First Page Last Page
Page 92 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.