cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,274,406 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
bearmanpg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1;842491221 said:

dominic artis is signing with tim floyd's utep miners program

the bears staff talked to artis during with his non playing redshirt year at diablo valley junior college but at the end of the day coach martin has to go home and look his daughter & wife in the eyes

I for one am happy that the interest in Artis did not result in him becoming a Golden Bear.....I would of had a real hard time rooting for him as a Bear....
Shocky1
HoopDreams;842490818 said:

[SIZE=4]After reading the discussion about the Kentucky fans, and their dialogue with the Shockster, I thought I'd do a little research on Cal...
[/SIZE]

donuts are forever#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842480527 said:

taylor & i power walked from the nines thru chinatown & past a crowd of 100+ non yoga practicing chunkys waiting outside of voodoo doughnuts & then across the steel bridge over the willamette river to the moda center & back again after the 2015 nike hoop summit...them doughnuts sure looked tasty but if kameron rooks can core out, we can too

it should be noted that the game was played with international rules, 2 of the refs spoke to each other in a an eastern bloc language, with very few fouls & pushing on every sequence...also the game was impacted by selfish guard play that dominated the ball

taylor & i sat on the floor behind the basket & yelled at ivan during warm ups "hey ivan, let's do this" (me) & "go to the bears, ivan" (taylor) and he glanced over with a surprised look ("what are they doing here?") and smiled with a quick nod

we also yelled at jaylen brown, he responded with what could be best described as a laughing smirk

players notes:

ivan rabb: not many touches, competed underneath the basket for rebounds & blocked thon maker a couple of times...started the game with a leg brace & then left the game for good after a vicious poke in the eyes

jaylen brown: what an athlete, the best defender in the game with numerous disruptions of passes...offensively drained shots from all over the court ala patrick christopher during warm ups...nba body with a physical & graceful style of play...like ivan, very unselfish in sharing the ball

alonzo trier: followed up his 6-20 shooting at the mcdonalds game with 4-14 shooting at the nike summit...the arizona commit lacks court vision & jacks up the ball without even looking for his teammates, he's gonna shoot the wildcats out of games next season in tucson...life with sean miller is gonna be a rude awakening for trier

luke kennard: the best player on the usa team, the duke commit is an absolute pure shooter with a mature shot selection (9-18 fgs) & much quicker defensively than anticipated

caleb swanigan: plays very physically but still needs major s&c conditioning...his low release point shooting form along with limited hops resulted in several of his shots being blocked by the uber high flying bigs on the world team before he was eventually benched

jamal murray: impressive guard with a relentless basket attacking mode scored a game high 30 points...the canadian guard from ontario is looking to potentially reclassify from 2016 to 2015 and a nike sr employee told me his dad is leaning towards criminal dana altman's oregon ducks

ben simmons: most well rounded player in the game with 13 points, 8 rebound & 8 assists

skal labissiere: the guy nba scouts like the most from the 2015 class, skal scored 21 points along with 8 boards...the kentucky donor we sat by told me that coach cal told him that marcus lee is gonna return to lexington again next season, gotta have them practice players & that skal may not be cleared by the ncaa

brenden glapion: much to taylor's chagrin, the pride of washington high school dnp...sorry sweetie

congrats to jaylen brown on officially becoming a california golden bear

jaylen's academic work at the #1 public university in the world will serve him well in achieving his long term goal of becoming a nba general manager/team owner

jaylen brown=not a dumb azz
Cal Geek
#MayThe4thBeWithYou[ATTACH=CONFIG]4586[/ATTACH]

(baby Jedi-Oski needs Shocky or others touch to be Ivan Rabb size)
Shocky1
gonna miss posting on the kentucky rivals basketball site, rupp's rafter, after my "cal's monster class" has been deleted by the mods & all my electronic devices banned (who says lexington isn't the silicon valley of the south?)

so shay just let me borrow her iphone on the way to whole (paycheck) foods to check on them wildcat fans

"The only thing they have is Blondie's Pizza. So many Asians and liberals at Cal. It is NOT a basketball school."
-Kerry Kat

"Or that Brown chose Cal because it's an Adidas school..."
-BlueBlood66

"Actually people here would like it. Once you get to the outskirts of the bay area, it's a lot of super redneck shanty towns and country club folk, but with also random wineries and occasionally, a grow operation."
-StubbornPenny

:tree
Shocky1
Shocky1;842490981 said:

eric bossi with some details re: jaylen's recruitment including the observation that "cal has put together a monster class"
https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1762662

illuminari#

"jaylen is one of the nation's elite players and we are thrilled he is a golden bear...he is a strong, athletic player with a tremendous work ethic...jaylen has the skill and ability to play four different positions on the floor"
-coach martin

shockster translation of coach martin: this **** is getting live
http://www.calbears.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30100&ATCLID=210069854
HoopDreams
[COLOR="#0000CD"][SIZE=7]Jayden, Welcome to the Cal basketball family![/SIZE][/COLOR]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=7][COLOR="#000080"]Vegas baby![/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR="#000080"][SIZE=5]Cal invited to the Las Vegas Invitational on Thanksgiving weekend![/SIZE][/COLOR]

Shocky1
[video=youtube;wvBpvZpTb94][/video]

we are all california golden bears, there is no good ol' days, the time is now

we are heading toward an epic season of cal basketball at haas, a chance of a lifetime

the magic of haas#
Shocky1
if you've been a passive candy azz soft tv cal fan in recent times (with the exception of cal geek's courageous wife), now is your opportunity to be a part of something bigger than yourself...walk in the front doors of haas, smell the hot dogs sizzling on the grill, hear the basketball bounce on the floor of newell court, feel the electrical crowd energy in your heart/soul & roar like a deranged feral california golden bear with your fellow starved bears all around you

[video=youtube;r5TtvTu-qqA][/video]

a season of love#
BoaltBear
Shocky1;842491476 said:

[video=youtube;wvBpvZpTb94][/video]

we are all california golden bears, there is no good ol' days, the time is now

we are heading toward an epic season of cal basketball at haas, a chance of a lifetime

the magic of haas#

I do shocks and I'll be there every night to watch THIS team rock the Haas. This is going to be amazing.
aws56
Placed deposit for tickets on Saturday. Look forward to taking my kids to games like when my dad took me to see the Kidd, Murray teams back in the day.
Shocky1
aws56;842491511 said:

Placed deposit for tickets on Saturday. Look forward to taking my kids to games like when my dad took me to see the Kidd, Murray teams back in the day.

cal basketball is truly multi generational...my dad used to take me to games too back in the day

now if taylor can only understand why the bald man in the suit doesn't start brenden glapion, we'll be fine
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4567[/ATTACH]
Shocky1
Shocky1;842490056 said:

ashley is under 24 hour psychiatric observation & care

"what the **** are them cal's diamonds are forever class?...that shocky is kinda cute in a yoga boy sort of way but is a total dumb azz"

meltdown#

dicky v is trying to cheer up ashley but that's not gonna work, not with the cal starting 5 stronger than the kentucky starting 5

poor ashley...dicky v sticking his tongue down her throat is not gonna make her feel better about cal's potential ascension past kentucky this upcoming season
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000CD"]Sports Illustrated on Ivan Rabb's impact coming to Cal...[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000CD"]http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2015/04/29/ivan-rabb-cal-golden-bears-jason-kidd[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Shocky1
BoaltBear;842491507 said:

I do shocks and I'll be there every night to watch THIS team rock the Haas. This is going to be amazing.

boalt, glad you're gonna take some breaks from billable hours to roar at haas

bring bart too#
Shocky1
brown's 6'9" rafael maia (cal staff discussed options, nothing actionable) will transfer to pittsburgh
Shocky1
josh jackson is not particularly interested in classwork, reading books & **** like that
Shocky1
Shocky1;842478758 said:

marvin bagley iii, a 6'10" phenom from corona del sol high school (tempe) is from gilbert (an upper middle class suburb of phx) is ranked as the #1 player in the 2018 class

my yoga classmate buddy padraig o'brien (a highly respected basketball trainer that has worked with 5 lottery picks & kingsley okoroh) told me that marvin is an excellent student in the classroom with a strong academic focus & that his parents (dad is the head coach of the phoenix phamily 2018 youth basketball team) are very strict (and highly religious) & won't let their son's recruitment turn into a circus

so i asked padraig this week how good is marvin, a freshman this year in high school, compared to the pac 12's best players

padraig smiled & told me that bagley would've won the pac 12 mvp award this year...by a large margin

rust never sleeps#

marvin was offered by coach cal last nite
Bobodeluxe
HoopDreams;842491462 said:

[SIZE=7][COLOR="#000080"]Vegas baby![/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR="#000080"][SIZE=5]Cal invited to the Las Vegas Invitational on Thanksgiving weekend![/SIZE][/COLOR]

:bigpuke: :bigpuke: :bigpuke: :bigpuke: :bigpuke: :bigpuke: :bigpuke: :bigpuke: :bigpuke: :bigpuke:
Bobodeluxe
Shocky1;842491584 said:

boalt, glad you're gonna take some breaks from billable hours to roar at haas

bring bart too#

How do you know he won't bill the hours AND write off the tickets and mileage?
FCBear
So who are we actively trying to recruit now?
icecream12345
FCBear;842491846 said:

Would like to know this as well for 2016 and beyond.
bearmanpg
I don't know anything about who Cal is recruiting but I saw a kid this year that I think is as good as any freshman I have seen since Ivan Rabb......Jordan Brown 6'9" 200lbs Woodcreek High, Roseville, Ca......an extremely good athlete for a tall 14 yr old, great hands, good back to basket moves, good motor, plays hard defense.....not much not to like about a freshman like Jordan....he played with Noah Blackwell this year and he was the leading scorer and rebounder.....should take a look at least....
Shocky1
Bobodeluxe;842491815 said:

How do you know he won't bill the hours AND write off the tickets and mileage?

bobo, boalt is an upstanding member of the legal community...

with a "cozy" getaway cottage on 17 mile drive

there's no chance you are gonna be overcharged
Shocky1
bearmanpg;842491856 said:

I don't know anything about who Cal is recruiting but I saw a kid this year that I think is as good as any freshman I have seen since Ivan Rabb......Jordan Brown 6'9" 200lbs Woodcreek High, Roseville, Ca......an extremely good athlete for a tall 14 yr old, great hands, good back to basket moves, good motor, plays hard defense.....not much not to like about a freshman like Jordan....he played with Noah Blackwell this year and he was the leading scorer and rebounder.....should take a look at least....

trust me, the staff knows about 2018 phenom jordan brown...both theo robertson & travis decuire were telling me about a blue chip middle schooler from near sacramento a year ago
Bobodeluxe
Shocky1;842491890 said:

bobo, boalt is an upstanding member of the legal community...

with a "cozy" getaway cottage on 17 mile drive

there's no chance you are gonna be overcharged

Just an easy cheap shot at the profession. No harm intended.
Shocky1
FCBear;842491846 said:

i dunno, guess it depends who you ask

t-wall is trying to find someone to play paddle ball with him

coach martin & the shockster are trying to fill the stands at haas creating energized sold out home crowds roaring for the bears...fcs, do you got your season tix(s)?...are you a true california golden bear or a fake model (tv fan)?

the cal staff is targeting a couple of true student athletes (josh jackson is not one of them guys) that wanna compete together in a family atmosphere for national championships with ringleader oscar frayer pointing the way for cal's howlin' at the moon class (2016)

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world
HoopDreams
[COLOR="#0000CD"][SIZE=5]Jaylen Brown (and Cal) getting ALOT of love from ESPN...[/SIZE][/COLOR]

concordtom
HoopDreams;842491916 said:

[COLOR="#0000CD"][SIZE=5]Jaylen Brown (and Cal) getting ALOT of love from ESPN...[/SIZE][/COLOR]

They forgot about Domingo, too!
Dumbazzes are everywhere, it seems.
Shocky1

shine bright#
HoopDreams
fam

elderbear
HoopDreams;842491969 said:

fam

Did they Photoshop that rain???
Shocky1
Big C_Cal;842488319 said:

Glad to see him "choosing to stay and fight" (if I may borrow an old quote from Patty Hearst). When he first signed up to be a Golden Bear, conventional wisdom was that he was going to bulk up and be an undersized-but-effective 4, like his brother was at UCLA. Let's say he continues to improve, where do the coaches currently see him contributing? Shutting down an opposing wing?

while not wanting to limit any player's potential upside, coach martin is very candid in transparently communicating each player's role within the basketball program...he mentioned several times at the banquet he does not want to stockpile players (kentucky's platoon system) & that he wants each player to have an important & well defined role in order to build cohesive team chemistry & avoid the epidemic of transfers which are currently decimating the college landscape (washington will basically field a brand new roster next season)

coach martin would like roger to become a lethal defensive stopper...with rmb's length & strong motor he has the skills set & warrior mentality to develop into a lockdown defender against high scoring wings...roger's just gotta also hit the open jumper/finish around the rim in order to earn minutes
concordtom
elderbear;842492013 said:

Did they Photoshop that rain???

No kidding. I don't think it rained on Feb 8, let alone in all of Feb, or Jan, or March or April either...
First Page Last Page
Page 188 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.