cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,276,671 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1;842557980 said:

my boy sammy "the gym rat" singer is the glue of the 2015 california golden bears basketball team, he makes everybody better both on & off the basketball court

dude is a bb player, just leave him some gym keys for his nighttime workouts...sam singer will not be outworked

i've been following singer's career for a while going back to conversations with his ransom everglades raiders head coach claude grubair re: sam's high character & his special ability to connect with people

one of sammy's endearing qualities is that the dude likes to pat his teammates like jabari on the head like they are dogs...no doubt he's gonna be like the shockster & adopt some rescue dogs down the road

"i just texted him last night and i thought he had one of his best practices...sam's strong, he's physical, he gets to the rim, facilitates, runs the offense...as long as he maintains his level of confidence, he's a good basketball player...he has a good mind for the game, a good feel, a willing passer...hopefully he can maintain what he's doing right now"

-coach martin

http://pac-12.com/videos/recap-cal-mens-basketball-tops-washington

nothing to fear (except crazy azz blondes)#
BC Calfan
HoopDreams;842574590 said:

[SIZE=5]Charlie Moore, a four-star point guard from Chicago will visit Cal for the Blue & Gold scrimmage Friday night at 10pm[/SIZE]

Seems like the perfect project for Tracy Webster. Maybe Randle's put in a good word. We need this kid.
smokeyrover
BC Calfan;842574661 said:

[SIZE=5]Charlie Moore, a four-star point guard from Chicago will visit Cal for the Blue & Gold scrimmage Friday night at 10pm[/SIZE]

Seems like the perfect project for Tracy Webster. Maybe Randle's put in a good word. We need this kid.

Visiting VCU this weekend. Memphis in the running too.

He previously cancelled his official visits due to a family issue, possibly health related.

Those schools are geographically closer to Chicago than Cal, but don't fit the typical scenario of playing close to home due to family reasons.

Also fwiw, there has been a few twitter questions on his academics. Based on outcome of Dillard and Jolly recruitments, I'd be surprised if Moore would take an OV if he doesn't have the academics for Cal.
south bender
Shocky1;842574611 said:

"i just texted him last night and i thought he had one of his best practices...sam's strong, he's physical, he gets to the rim, facilitates, runs the offense...as long as he maintains his level of confidence, he's a good basketball player...he has a good mind for the game, a good feel, a willing passer...hopefully he can maintain what he's doing right now"

-coach martin

http://pac-12.com/videos/recap-cal-mens-basketball-tops-washington

nothing to fear (except crazy azz blondes)#

Shocky,

It would be helpful if you dated Cuonzo's quote about Singer. If it was just made, it would be more significant than some time in the past.

Please update.

And thanks.

Go Bears!
parentswerebears
south bender;842574679 said:

Shocky,

It would be helpful if you dated Cuonzo's quote about Singer. If it was just made, it would be more significant than some time in the past.

Please update.

And thanks.

Go Bears!

It was made at a press conference yesterday.
concordtom

[SIZE=5]Charlie Moore, a four-star point guard from Chicago will visit Cal for the Blue & Gold scrimmage Friday night (OCT 30) at 10pm[/SIZE]

http://www.ibabuzz.com/beartalk/2015/10/20/basketball-pg-the-bears-want-to-visit-berkeley/

[SIZE=5]dude got skills...
[/SIZE]
[video=youtube;SARm6RH6mlE][/video]

Is it the editing of the video, or is he really that quick-paced?
Looks quick, great handles, and confident to let it fly in an instinctive (unstructured) manner. (Like, lots of guys can stand and drill 3 pointers, he appears to be doing so with ease, off the dribble or turnaround).
I'd like to see how he might be able to do with strong wing players that we have. I assume he can get into the paint against big time competition, break a D down and dish to finishers like Bird.
HoopDreams

Shocky1
south bender;842574679 said:

Shocky,

Please update.

And thanks.

Go Bears!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4566[/ATTACH]
sb, you obviously got me confused with someone that got journalistic ambition
south bender
Shocky1;842574912 said:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4566[/ATTACH]
sb, you obviously got me confused with someone that got journalistic ambition

Shocky, is it reasonable to assume that, given your lack of journalistic ambition, that you aspire to being a writer of fiction and perhaps simply made up the quote that you attributed to Cuonzo?
south bender
south bender;842574914 said:

Shocky, is it reasonable to assume that, given your lack of journalistic ambition, that you aspire to being a writer of fiction and perhaps simply made up the quote that you attributed to Cuonzo?

May I add that from your pictures you never appeared that busty...
Shocky1
south bender;842574915 said:

May I add that from your pictures you never appeared that busty...

sb, do not even mess with fallon smith, like ivan she's a diehard oakland raiders fan

just win, baby#
HoopDreams

Shocky1
[video=youtube;JHzYJoKx7h4][/video]
south bender
Shocky,

Thanks for posting the video.

Go Bears!
Shocky1
south bender;842574914 said:

just because i got no grammar or punctuation, don't azzume i don't got a book contract

daniel silva don't got **** on me

diamonds are forever#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]New Cal basketball standard issue basketball shoes...Nike's power-laced 'Back to the Future' shoes[/SIZE]
[SIZE=5]these shoes feature Nike self-lacing "power laces" [/SIZE]

[/IMG]

[SIZE=5]these shoes also will levitate Cal players to crazy ally oop dunks[/SIZE]

socaltownie
Simply put, Shocky (and his crew) have the maddest google search - foo skills I know. Who the heck finds a picture for "the case of the too-high butt crack"

I would "Bow down" but that sounds way too husky. Instead I will try to book ANOTHER flight so I can get to see more of the bears.
Shocky1
Quote:

what are the key characteristics of successfully targeted cal basketball student athletes?

1) #1 ranked public university in the world: a prospective recruit has to value the educational component of the cal experience in order to make a commitment to the necessary academic workload...therefore quotes from high schoolers (both basketball & football players) that will become future california golden bears usually include an acknowledgment that "a big part of my collegiate decision today is that cal is the number one public university in the world that will set me up for life"

2) grade point average (gpa): future california golden bears have got academic ambition...talking about wanting to get better grades like davon dillard & brandon sampson is not the same thing as actually turning off the tv/social media every single night to do the necessary classwork to attain good grades...as the wise marco harris once told me, "men take care of their business"...hopefully oscar frayer, tyson jolly & charlie moore are mentally limitless to lead cal's howlin' at the moon class (2016)

3) family: coach martin's love train is all about sharing, living & supporting each other in pursuing the dream...guys like tyler dorsey who just wanna "get buckets" for a criminal like dana altman or vance jackson/bennie boatwright & their dad's star utilization agendas are not a good cal fit

4) diversity: listen to the ivan rabb & jaylen brown welcome to cal videos, they both sincerely mention with smiles on their faces their appreciation of the tremendous diversity at cal...guys who just wanna be around people with the same views & appearances as themselves are better suited at homogenous schools like gonzaga (zach collins) or utah (jayce johnson)

5) personal development: cal student athletes are not only interested developing/maximizing their basketball skills/potential but also becoming a better person, a true leader in their communities...dumb azzs just wanna play basketball on a basketball court with a basketball at a "pure basketball school" and hope they never get injured...let's be real here, guys who go to academically mediocre schools like kentucky, oregon & arizona and then see their careers ended in a split second collision are ******

6) moms: cal basketball players love their moms like the shockster, we will walk to the end of the earth (and then back again) for our moms...dwight tarwater knows what i'm talking about

"victory to me is when you get your moms right"
-tyrone wallace

"no ones gonna love you like your mama..."
-oscar frayer

"i just wanna hand my mom a mil and say do with it as you please"
-tyson jolly

let's be real here, coach dykes & the nationally ranked california golden bears football team are clearly fully utilizing the above specified shockster 6 criteria checklist to evaluate prospective student athlete targeted recruits

coach dykes is not a dumb azz

"the strengths of this university is that it's the #1 ranked public university in the world...if that doesn't mean something when we're recruiting, we're not recruiting the right guy...it's that simple...if that doesn't ring true to you, then we're wasting our time"

-cal football coach sonny dykes

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/pac12/2015/10/21/cal-bears-football-grades-academics-sonny-dykes/74314368/

50 year decision#
watermelon
Shocky1;842574578 said:

met with jay john in scottsdale this evening & asked him who might potentially be the most improved california golden bear this season

jj told me that while quite a few guys are making big strides in their games like sam singer getting his shot right with better mechanics,

hey shocky, when you talk to jay, are you a prick to him in person and tell him what you think of people with a Univ of Arizona degree? Or do you just do that behind his back on the internet?
concordtom
Shocky1;842575041 said:

let's be real here,

50 year decision#

My, look at that! Cal is a great school. I'd never seen that graphic before!
#RealTalk
Shocky1
concordtom;842575138 said:

My, look at that! Cal is a great school. I'd never seen that graphic before!
#RealTalk

vance jackson's dad apparently hasn't seen it either

i dunno, maybe sonny could send it to you & him
Shocky1
watermelon, this in response to your post this morning which was deleted (i had nothing to do with that) asking: when i meet with jay john do i think he's a dumb azz because he's an arizona grad?

first of all you, jj is really smart, he earned an academically challenging degree in the sciences (like you) which by definition ensures that he's not a dumb azz, ok?

you got the wrong idea about me, living in north scottsdale i got lots of friends that share my passions for yoga & golf that are arizona grads...in fact i don't look down at those with degrees from academically mediocre schools all, my current 1st wife is an asu grad...that's how the real world works, hot girls from dumb azz schools try to date & marry cal, stanford & ivy league grads...if you don't believe me, just ask t-wall

note to the mods: please do not censor/delete posts from the fans of opposing teams...one of the core values of the #1 ranked public university in the world is the celebration of free speech
Shocky1
Shocky1;842574981 said:

just because i got no grammar or punctuation, don't azzume i don't got a book contract

diamonds are forever#

mb & cal fans, why was this post from last nite deleted?

i'm not gonna post the bearinsider.com anymore if you are going to non transparently invoke censorship & delete posts...please send me a private message & let's work this out, ok?
watermelon
Shocky1;842575195 said:

watermelon, this in response to your post this morning which was deleted (i had nothing to do with that) asking: when i meet with jay john do i think he's a dumb azz because he's an arizona grad?

first of all you, jj is really smart, he earned an academically challenging degree in the sciences (like you) which by definition ensures that he's not a dumb azz, ok?

you got the wrong idea about me, living in north scottsdale i got lots of friends that my passions for yoga & golf that are arizona grads...in fact i don't look down at those with degrees from academically mediocre schools all, my current 1st wife is an asu grad...that's how the real world works, hot girls from dumb azz schools try to date & marry cal, stanford & ivy league grads...if you don't believe me, just ask t-wall

note to the mods: please do not censor/delete posts from the fans of opposing teams...one of the core values of the #1 ranked public university in the world is the celebration of free speech

for once, we agree on something... jj is a classy and bright guy. your previous posts certainly don't reflect that's how you feel about zona grads, but glad to hear you say it here.

and for what it's worth, I have 2 degrees from cal and am a season ticket holder.
OldBlue1999

Shocky1;842575195 said:

you got the wrong idea about me, living in north scottsdale i got lots of friends that my passions for yoga & golf that are arizona grads...in fact i don't look down at those with degrees from academically mediocre schools all, my current 1st wife is an asu grad...that's how the real world works, hot girls from dumb azz schools try to date & marry cal, stanford & ivy league grads...if you don't believe me, just ask t-wall
Shocky1
Shocky1;842574981 said:

diamonds are forever#

sure hope the bearinsider.com isn't moving toward censorship
Shocky1

what was the worst thing I ever did at cal?

yeah, i graduated with the gold phi beta kappa key, etc. but that doesn't mean my unvarnished blind ambition didn't cause me to do stuff that was wrong back in the day

so i wrote a paper for bibliography 128, children's literature, and in rereading it felt it was a technically sound paper but that it lacked interest for the reader...so i totally fabricated & included the following opening paragraph:

"I must confess that I was made uneasy to see Anne Franks's The Diary of a Young Girl on the reading list for this class. Seeing the title on the list raised several burning questions in my mind. Why had I never read this famous book? Why had my father (after a heated and lengthy debate with my mother behind closed doors) removed this work off my bookshelf as a child? It seemed to me that the answers to these questions were somehow linked to my now deceased grandfather. Although my parents never talk about him, I remembered from various bits of information pieced together that Grandpa was a figure of dubious distinction in Hitler's brass during WWII. So I was forced to think. Why were my parents, particularly my father, so reluctant to talk about my grandfather? Could the answers to my grandfather's cloudy role in Germany during WWII be found in The Diary of a Young Girl which was so mysteriously taken off my bookshelf as a child?''

and i also rewrote the following closing paragraph:

"But despite her difficult and sometimes cruel life, Anne Frank did not feel sorry for herself and she never gave up. This is a worthwhile message for both adults and children alike. All in all, The Diary of a Young Girl is a sensitive, well written, and compelling self-portrait of a brave and spirited young girl, that at least for me, will always hold a special place on my bookshelf."

absolutely none of this is true...although i have a german last name, nobody in my family has ever had any connections with any racist groups...i grew up in a culturally mixed family that celebrates individuality & diversity...my dad's sister met her jewish husband while they both were at cal

so what did my teachers say in grading the paper?

the professor: "This a fine review, not only perceptive in its commentary but in itself very well written. I hope you will keep on writing, perhaps professionally? A+"

the teaching assistant: "Your paper was very perceptive and moving because the book had a great impact on you. Though you did not generalize about non-fiction, you approached this particular book in a sensitive and understanding way. Thank you for sharing this highly personal and emotional reaction-it was very important for me personally as an Isreali jew, well versed in the literature of the holocaust, to read your reaction to the subject. The book has made you think, grow up, seek further information, and if it has instilled in you the determination not to let the horrible and shameful history repeat itself, then it has served the purpose Anne's father had when he published her diary. A+"

i'm a flawed person but i know i need to set the record straight even if it means that i'm gonna flunk the class so i go to the ta's office hours

i walk in the door & i'm blown away...she (mid to late 20s) is the cutest girl on earth (petite & curvy brunette with sparkling eyes & a dazzling smile) & we talk/laugh for about an hour about our favorite authors, recent concerts & the personalities of dogs...but i never tell her my paper is full of ****, i can't stand the thought of her hating me so quickly

so i ask her if she would like to go bike riding with me at muir woods & stinson beach that weekend (with the idea that i would tell her the truth & also see her in a bikini) & she tells me she would love to go out with me but that the university code of professional standards does not allow teachers to date students

i don't give up that easily so i suggest we bring our dogs, surely there can be no policy against our dogs hanging out together, right?

she looks at me with sad eyes & tells me "this isn't going to happen, it can't happen" and we say our goodbyes

fast forward to 2 summers ago & i take my daughters shay & taylor to anne frank's house in amsterdam...i write & leave a note to both anne frank & the teacher's assistant apologizing for my actions

don't be a dumb azz#

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1jy6u_bread-aubrey_music
south bender
Shocky, I suggest you change your pen name to Narcissus!

As with so many of your self-praising posts, this has nothing to do with basketball, let alone Cal basketball!

And I suppose you imagine that this sort of post helps land recruits for Cuonzo?

Go Bears!
Shocky1
south bender;842577011 said:

Shocky, I suggest you change your pen name to Narcissus!

As with so many of your self-praising posts, this has nothing to do with basketball, let alone Cal basketball!

And I suppose you imagine that this sort of post helps land recruits for Cuonzo?

Go Bears!

sb, you gotta get a dedicated yoga practice like jaylen & myself, you're kinda up tight & controlling...why would you ever tell somebody that is clearly having fun to not have fun?...and yeah, i think my efforts will eventually result in a national championship in berkeley

Shocky1
coach martin & the staff are relentlessly targeting a potential cal's howlin' at the moon class (2016) which features elite basketball talent with academic ambition for guys (with the full support of their parents) that want to play together in a family environment at the #1 ranked public university in the world in the beautiful san francisco bay area

*****oscar frayer, cal commit

*****tyson jolly, cal commit

*****charlie moore, top 70 player in the 2016 class originally scheduled september 13th official visit & now rescheduled for the crazy azz midnight madness/ usc football/halloween weekend of october 31st...chicago's next jerome "around the world" randle, a former pac 12 mvp

*****big boi, a 5 star outkast from georgia that is gonna put atlanta on the map before it fell in the california sun

yeah, these guys are gonna be howlin' at the moon, they're not dumb azzs

this is cal basketball#
Shocky1
[video=youtube;YxifBKwBupU][/video]

friday night lights#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]sounds like a fun event...[/SIZE]

[video=youtube;V6CQD75U9xg][/video]
Shocky1
what is gonne be the cal basketball pregame intro song at haas pavilion during the upcoming epic season?

coach martin's preference

the shockster's preference
[video=youtube;qmw6EaTfX8g][/video]

don't be a dumb azz#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842560375 said:

charlie is officially visiting memphis this weekend, too bad coach webster can't accompany moore on this trip, tracy likes music & dancing a lot plus he's a lot of fun (he's kinda like elvis that way)

let's be real here, memphis is not even an academically mediocre school but 86% of corporate recruiters favor candidates with a degree from the university of memphis than those with only a ged or those that can't read

charlie, let's be real here, vcu & memphis are not the #1 ranked public universities in the world...they are academically mediocre schools that are not located in california...degrees from vcu & memphis are not gonna open many doors in life beyond lume's pancacke house on western avenue after basketball is done with you someday

go west, charlie, former pac 12 mvp jerome randle left chicago too to start new life in the san francisco bay area with the full support of moms

50 year decision#
HoopDreams

First Page Last Page
Page 233 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.