cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,279,540 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
HoopDreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
[SIZE=5]From Chicago USA[/SIZE]

[video=youtube;JwJg8ouitRA][/video]

Shocky1

chicago's finest charlie moore is gonna officially visit cal for the crazy halloween/usc football weekend...yeah, coach webster is practicing his dance moves & getting a haircut

don't be a dumb azz#
Shocky1
the bears staff has extended an actionable offer to explosive point guard charlie moore, a 5'9" 165 lbs dynamo from chicago public league powerhouse morgan park high school
[IMG]?o=eyJ3aWR0aCI6MCwiaGVpZ2h0IjowLCJ4IjowLjU sInkiOjAuNX0%3D&s=%2FdVBMUpLZb4OrgUkvkSLxvo%2BVx0%3D[/IMG]

moore delivered a signature 31 points in las vegas this summer in leading his mac irvin fire to an upset aau victory over cp3 & soundly outplayed uconn commit alterique gilbert...like former bears 2009/2010 pac 12 mvp jerome randle (charlie & rome know each other), moore's got elite deep range & the ability to create shots but also sometimes questionable decision making

vcu & memphis (almost year round nasty humid or freezing cold azz weather) are putting the full court press on charlie but it will get real interesting after he takes an official visit to the #1 ranked public university in the world located in the beautiful & cosmopolitan san francisco bay area...cali isn't sweater weather
[video=youtube;pROWAvEzX4Y][/video]

charlie moore will be officially visiting cal & his fellow chicago guy coach webster for the midnight madness/usc football/halloween crazy azz weekend in berkeley

as expected mr charlie moore of chicago, illinois made a huge upward trajectory move in the national rankings & is now ranked #66 in the 2016 class by evan daniels & josh gershon

could charlie become the 3rd dude from the windy city who went to cal & won the pac 12 mvp award following in the footsteps of sean lampley & jerome randle?

one thing is for sure, neither rome or charlie is ever gonna be able to reach the top shelf at walgreens, that **** is not gonna happen

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including the windy city)
Shocky1
Shocky1;842441503 said:

whether it's playing high stakes poker, putting together a multi million dollar business deal or kissing a smokin' hot brunette yoga girl for the 1st time or all of the above, it's important to know the tell

the tell is a small almost imperceptible visual cue that tells you what the other person is thinking...its benefits are priceless

are you still with me?

so ivan rabb is being interviewed along with jaylen brown by the espn announcers after the bishop o'dowd vs wheeler match up...the talking heads ask the 5 star brown re: his thought process with respects to selecting a college...the camera & all eyes focus upon jaylen but i'm still just watching ivan

the articulate & thoughtful jaylen says "players and coaches come and go, i want to pick a college where i'm comfortable"...ivan is starting to nod his head

jaylen then says "i want to pick a college that has a family atmosphere, somewhere that feels like home"...ivan is totally moving his head in agreement & then looks down to his left at his heart, these 2 guys got a connection

the tell is clear (do not argue or question my body language reading skills, i aced psych 1 at cal)

diamonds are forever (expect the unexpected)#

i've been lobbying tsubasa onozaki, cal's director of video (they are creatively killing it lately with their fun & energized cal branding videos) re: my recommendation for the theme song for the cal basketball program's intro video on the haas scoreboard on gamedays, kayne's diamonds are forever

tsubasa told me that the players will reconvene after the australia team bonding trip & then decide as a group the theme song

if the california golden bears student athlete basketball players don't pick kayne's diamonds are forever that is gonna be a tell in my mind, a clear indication that i should shut the **** up, that they're not interested in this foo foo lame **** & that the cal's monster class thread should be terminated at that time

yeah, its all gonna be real clear real soon

the tell#

so how is the vote on the most important decision surrounding the cal basketball gonna play out?...what is the current analytic prognostication for kayne's diamonds are forever as this season's pregame introductions theme song?

full supporters:
*****brenden glapion, nick hamilton & cole welle are my core supporters, them rescue walk ons appreciate my efforts to fully free them from the tyranny of coach martin
*****roger moute a bidias invited both taylor & i at the year end team banquet to stay with his family at their home in cameroon

partial supporters:
*****kameron rooks & sammy singer, key members of the original monster class, can't dance at all so hip hop songs are totally out for them
*****brendan chauca & kingsley okoroh appreciate the shockster rooting for the underdogs in life plus they both are in developmental fuschia fashion growth spurts
*****jaylen brown is looking for a yoga centric business partner re: his philosophical musings
*****ivan rabb is a mama's boy like me plus we both like mac & cheese too at the ol' yeller cafe

undecided:
*****roman davis isn't sure what to think, i dunno maybe the monster class can be produced with australian subtitles
*****stephen domingo don't understand how dumb azzs like me & oski could actually graduate from cal
*****nick kerr wants to know "who's shocky?"

moderately opposed:
*****jabari bird & jordan mathews don't like the constant references to their failure to consistently play relentless defensive & rebound
*****tyrone wallace overhead me mutter "whatever" when my current 1st wife kat told him "we love you tyrone" when the team circled the student section with the postgame high fives after a victory at haas

totally opposed:
*****coach martin would like to keep me further afar at all times
HoopDreams
[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=7]2nite[/SIZE][/FONT]

south bender
Shocky1;842580701 said:

coach martin would like to keep me further afar at all times

Now, I can't imagine why...
Shocky1
why is t-wall the undisputed leader of this year's california golden bears?

is it because he's gonna graduate from the #1 ranked public university in the world this spring fulfilling a promise to his deceased grandfather charles johnson that he would become the 1st person in the family to earn a college diploma?

is it because he's gonna pursue his nba aspirations with the safety net of a minted cal education?

is it because he's better at video games than the king & jabari?

is it because his girlfriend ms alcantar is one of them hot brunette yoga females?

wake the **** up, it's none of those reasons, it's because he wears fuschia (it's not pink)...please note that per this foto that the king is in the developmental stages of adding fuschia to his wardrobe, lots of upside there with them curvy yoga brunettes

yeah, berkeley is truly midnight city...who knew that huf plays the sax

50 year friendships#
Shocky1
south bender;842580787 said:

Now, I can't imagine why...

agreed, very confusing

this is california basketball#
Shocky1
"we go to the #1 ranked public university in the world...that's the only ranking that matters to us right now"

-ivan rabb

https://www.facebook.com/CalMensBBall/photos/a.268802373137093.87747.268794273137903/1238505232833464/?type=3
[video=youtube;YxifBKwBupU][/video]

50 year decision#
HoopDreams
Shocky1
former cal sweet 16 basketball power forward/all american tight end tony gonzalez and future atlanta falcons nfl hall of famer is back on campus falling in the california sun

and yeah, his wife october is a curvy brunette yoga female

cal is a dream school#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842419802 said:

flew from phoenix to reno today sitting next to a nba scout (he worked yesterday's arizona/gonzaga game in tuscon) & then shared a taxi rental from mccaron airport to the lawlor center for this afternoon's dramatic bears victory vs the wolfpack on their home floor

he told me about the career dilemma choices confronting marginal bubble nba prospects like cobbs & solo, do they go overseas & try to earn a little $ (the number of guys who play their way back into the nba from overseas is very small) or do they try to dazzle in the nba development league earning around $30k a year?

it's a tough situation (pursue some potential international paychecks or pursue your nba hoop dreams) particularly for those without a college degree, when their playing days are gone, their career options are pretty limited at that point

his team categorizes prospects into 3 categories:
1) high priority-guys who could be 1st round, early 2nd round draft choices (40-50 players)
2) bubble-guys who could be drafted but have major question marks, could potentially be drafted late in the 2nd round (50-60 players)
3) watch-guys who are still developing or are late developers, most likely free agents (70-80 players)

at this point in time, his team has tyrone wallace in tier 2 and both david kravish & jabari bird in tier 3

he attended a cal practice earlier this year & david kravish (his strength is his high twitch put back rebounding spring after a miss) when david suddenly runs off the court at haas towards the locker room

so he asks one of the cal coaches, what's up, is david injured or something?

the coach said, "nah, he's got a class, he'll be back a little bit later"

mr nba laughed when he told me that story & said "that doesn't happen at kentucky"

grabbed a seat on the floor of haas tonite & sat down next to my taxi buddy & scout for the los angeles clippers

he's a huge fan of t-wall's game (got him ranked high on the team's prospect board) & loves how he can "break down defenders with the ball & finish with either hand"

i gave him background re: meeting tyrone's moms michelle & how she told me t-wall consistently calls his younger siblings to make sure they're doing their homework & working hard in the classroom with academic ambition...mr nba didn't know about tyrone's promise to his late grandfather charles james johnson that he would become the 1st person in his family to graduate from college...the nba values high character guys, less drama is a smart business strategy in terms of a potential better return on investment in the league...listen up, oscar & tyson

when t-wall made a dynamic soaring board in the lane & quickly facilitated the fast break i asked him who else in the college game can rebound at the 1 as well as wallace...he told me gary payton jr is pretty good as chasing down rebounds...i asked him isn't t-wall a couple of inches taller than payton?...he said yeah & fist bumped me

i asked mr nba what he wanted to see tonite with respects to t-wall & he said "improved shooting"

when tyrone knocked down a bunch of free throws in a row with a higher arc than last season, we looked at each other with knowing smiles & he told me "i've seen enough tonite" & we fist bumped again before he left haas halfway thru the scrimmage into the berkeley evening

i did not tell mr nba that t-wall likes to wear fuschia too

road to the nba#
Shocky1
spoke with coach nicodemus christopher before tonite's midnight madness scrimmage re: roman davis

coach is absolutely effusive in his high praise for roman's mental toughness, high level of athleticism (kid got some serious hops) & absolute dedication to relentless s&c development due to his strong motor...nicodemus told me "that i can tell roman once the right way to do a drill & then he does it correctly the 1st time"

coach told me that davis was listed as 184 lbs in high school but that he was actually only in the mid 170's lbs...this year's cal media guide lists him at 6'7" 190 lbs, he recently weighed in at 192 lbs...coach thinks his body can handle 205 lbs at the start of the 2016 season without any loss of speed or flexibility

make no mistake about it, roman davis got a serious upside...he also had a very loud & enthusiastic fellow dorm cheering section too, watch this video & you'll understand why that's the case

[video=youtube;zMbUrEQtdU0][/video]
Shocky1
Shocky1;842466285 said:

there's around 2 minutes left in the washington state game pac 12 tournament game at the mgm grand & the president of the brenden glapion fan club is nudging me & asking me why her favorite player isn't in the game

so i start screaming from our seats (thx ash & jj) directly behind the cal bench "coach, let's get the walk ons into the game, they work their azzs off all season, let's go"

and then coach martin yells "brenden" & our fearless hero jumps to his feet & runs to the scorer's table

taylor can't believe it, this **** is getting live

and then the cougars defender fouls glapion, all of his teammates rise to their feet & start clapping, he's gonna get 2 free throws

so brenden toes the line, bounces the ball & releases his smooth left handed stroke into the las vegas airspace...the ball rotates perfectly for seemingly forever & then drops thru the bottom of the net...the bears crew are totally fired up & pumping their fists...brandon chauca, a great teammate, comes up from behind the 3 point line & messes with brenden's crewcut

taylor & i are going ballistic...i'm screaming at the top of my lungs, "great shot, brenden, way to go baby...washington high school shooter, let's do this baby, let it fly, let's do this"

brenden bounces the ball, inhales a deep breath & focuses in on his 2nd free throw...he deftly strokes the 2nd free throw & it also drops perfectly thru the basket...brenden glapion has got 2 points in the pac 12 tnt, he's in the history books & now the staff is also smiling broadly and telling the guys to get back on d

i'm still roaring like a golden bear saying lots of stupid **** & high fiving dr danger & his son along with everyone else in our vicinity...taylor & i hug and i almost see a mist of bay area fog in her beautiful green eyes, my daughter is alive & happy sharing a very special moment with her dad
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4412[/ATTACH]
(click for larger image of taylor cheesin it at our golf club in flagstaff)

the stars & the universe are all perfectly aligned at this point in time

as the cal players leave the court, i'm stilling relentlessly clapping & yelling at the tv sideline reporter "interview glapion, interview glapion, talk to the big guy, come on let's roll"...the players are looking at me smiling & i dunno maybe shaking their heads a little bit too because i'm such a dumb azz, we've all experienced & shared something bigger than the game of basketball

did i mention that taylor's dream school is the university of san francisco (she's gotta raise her gpa if that's gonna happen otherwise she's gonna be at her mom's school, asu) & that brenden grew up in san francisco?

brenden glapion=cable car baller

the magic of cal basketball#

taylor, guess who introduced themselves to me after tonite's scrimmage?

that would be parents eric & lynn glapion who are aware that you are the prez of the brenden glapion fan club

they live in san francisco's richmond district & we talked about the university of san francisco being your dream school

lynn told me that brenden was not cleared to participate in tonite's scrimmage due to a concussion incurred after walking into a wall or something at 6:15 am, that's the story anyways

but don't worry, sweetie, i didn't tell your potential future in laws that you think brenden is really cute, i would not do that to you

shut up, dad#
Shocky1
what is the biggest area of much critically needed improvement for the cal basketball team if it's going to achieve it's unlimited potential during the upcoming season?

getting the ball to ivan rabb down low in the paint where he can do something offensively with his vast but currently underutilized scoring skills

this is totally on the bears guards & cal coaching staff, wake the **** up...you gotta special talent, try sharing the ******* basketball with him, ok?...guards gotta look for ivan & the coaches gotta scheme better for rabb too

i could tell ivan was getting frustrated during the 1st half with the minimal amount of touches so i yelled at young ivee "ivan, finish with the ball, be selfish baby" as he ran downcourt by me...ivan actually looked at me with a pained look & said "i'm trying"

i feel young ivee's pain...he played for 4 years at bishop o'dowd with his montera middle school best friend point guard paris austin who unselfishly shared the ball with his mcdonald all american teammate in places that ivan could do severe & permanent damage to opponents

then the **** hit the fan...i attended ivan's post high school national high school all star games which were remarkable for the guards like allonzo trier absolutely never sharing the ball, just jacking up off balance 3 pointers...the only way for bigs to score in these playground games is offensive boarding put backs

then the bears went to australia & more of the same with young ivee not put in positions to be successful

let's be real here, if them callifornia golden bears don't figure out a way to feature my boy ivan rabb offensively, then both young ivee & myself are gonna transfer to tami rabb's former school, them sacramento state hornets

and yeah, then i'll start a thread entitled "sacramento state's monster class"

https://vimeo.com/45797764

go hornets#
mikecohen
Shocky1;842581031 said:

what is the biggest area of much critically needed improvement for the cal basketball team if it's going to achieve it's unlimited potential during the upcoming season?

getting the ball to ivan rabb down low in the paint where he can do something offensively with his vast but currently underutilized scoring skills

this is totally on the bears guards & cal coaching staff, wake the **** up...you gotta special talent, try sharing the ******* basketball with him, ok?...guards gotta look for ivan & the coaches gotta scheme better for rabb too

i could tell ivan was getting frustrated during the 1st half with the minimal amount of touches so i yelled at young ivee "ivan, finish with the ball, be selfish baby" as he ran downcourt by me...ivan actually looked at me with a pained look & said "i'm trying"

i feel young ivee's pain...he played for 4 years at bishop o'dowd with his montera middle school best friend point guard paris austin who unselfishly shared the ball with his mcdonald all american teammate in places that ivan could do severe & permanent damage to opponents

then the **** hit the fan...i attended ivan's post high school national high school all star games which were remarkable for the guards like allonzo trier absolutely never sharing the ball, just jacking up off balance 3 pointers...the only way for bigs to score in these playground games is offensive board put backs

then the bears went to australia & more of the same with young ivee not put in position to be successful

let's be real here, if them callifornia golden bears don't figure out a way to feature my boy ivan rabb offensively, then both young ivee & myself are gonna transfer to tami rabb's former school, them sacramento state hornets

and yeah, then i'll start a thread entitled "sacramento state's monster class"

go hornets#

Have to concur. As much as I enjoyed the game tonight (the fierceness of the defense, the team spirit, some great and clutch plays), your comments opened my eyes to something somewhat more general than you discuss, that is the inability of the guards to get the ball inside. Of course the fierce defense had something to do with that; but (even) I saw a couple of (maybe 3) instances in which (particularly) Sammy missed some really basic of such plays. Once on a fast break, Ivan had a clear step on his defender, and was tearing down the court from Sammy's right side toward the left; and, just as he'd created the seam that one sees receivers make when they got one on one with a slower and/or smaller defender, and they make that cut toward the center of the field which (along with the proper preparation) produces that step, with nothing but green grass in front, and he was right in front of Sammy with a clear path to the basket plus a clear path between himself and Sammy, Sammy missed it, and, with the speed that occurs in a fast break, the window slammed shut for both the assist and the scoring opportunity. The second was a very simple (but very well executed by Cole Welle) pick and roll, in which both defenders went to Sammy and left Cole wide open with a clear path to the basket, and no defender able to reach to reach him in time; and Sammy simply did not make the pass.
concordtom
I'm not going to worry about not getting his looks. There were 10 guys that we were watching all of looking to get their shots off, and only one ball. Let's wait until we start facing some actual competition.
Shocky1
2016 facilitator/distributor/scorer charlie moore on an official vist

2016 uber athletic wing oscar frayer, a cal commit

2017 combo guard alec hickman, a cal commit

2017 power forward & priority targeted prospect ira lee

2017 scorer & key targeted prospect jemarl baker

2017 emerging prospect sacred heart's alfred hollins

the young ones#
Shocky1
"attract what you respect, reflect what you desire, become what you respect, mirror what you desire"

-jordan mathews, future corporate ceo & children's literature author

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]so who was one of the priority recruits that was in the Haas watching those Golden Bears scrimmage?
That was one Chicago Point. [COLOR="#0000CD"]Charlie Moore[/COLOR]

And what did he observe?

A senior PG who is not only a distributor, but given the freedom to be a scoring guard too
And a key point, is that was a SENIOR PG that won't be here next year
The 1 is a priority recruiting position for 2016[/SIZE]

[video=youtube;SARm6RH6mlE][/video]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]And who was another priority recruit inside Haas on Friday Night Oct 30?

Well that was Lee, Mr Lee to you

[COLOR="#0000CD"]Ira Lee [/COLOR]is an explosive athlete at the other priority position for 2017[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]Watch him FLY like SUPERMAN[/SIZE]

[video=youtube;bGnpjPNJr0A][/video]
Shocky1
Shocky1;842491892 said:

trust me, the staff knows about 2018 phenom jordan brown...both theo robertson & travis decuire were telling me about a blue chip middle schooler from near sacramento back in the day

6'9" 180 lbs phenom jordan brown of woodcreek high school in roseville blew up in the eyes of the national recruiting scouts/analysts at the team usa camp in colorado springs

coach martin & the bears staff are actively building relationships with the future top 5 player in the 2018 class

nor cal, baby

"jordan brown has been great this evening...2018 pf is a potential big timer"
-eric bossi

[video=youtube;gdbdtj8odfw][/video]

yeah, jordan brown is the real deal...

jordan brown & his family unofficially visited cal during the final australia preparation team practice

jordan is not a dumb azz, he got a 3.8 gpa as a freshman at woodcreek high school

cal along with ucla & arizona (good luck for the family driving to los angeles & tucson for all of their son's games) have offered the future top 5 player in the 2018 class

so i'm shooting baskets (i'm probably gonna walk on so i can sit by my boyz nick, cole & brenden at all the games) at haas pavilion after the bears morning practice before the san diego state football game when the other guy on the floor introduces himself to me, he's jordan brown's aau coach

he played ball at byu back in the day & told me that jordan wanted to visit berkeley but his parents had work commitments...he told me jordan is extremely polite & a true student athlete with academic ambition from a very close family that enjoys watching all of his games...i asked him if brown would be attracted to an academically mediocre factory like kentucky or arizona that is far from home & he said he didn't think that would be a real good fit

at lunch i asked richard midgley if jordan brown is an ivan rabb kinda player?...sir richard told me absolutely yes

jordan brown is unofficially visiting cal this weekend, yeah he's the top priority prospect with an actionable offer along with bishop o'dowd's elijah hardy & mater dei catholic's miles norris for cal's started at the bottom class (2018)

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including roseville)
Shocky1
coach martin & the staff are relentlessly targeting a potential cal's howlin' at the moon class (2016) which features elite basketball talent with academic ambition for guys (with the full support of their parents) that want to play together in a family environment at the #1 ranked public university in the world in the beautiful san francisco bay area

*****oscar frayer, cal commit

*****tyson jolly, cal commit

*****charlie moore, top 70 player in the 2016 class originally scheduled september 13th official visit & now rescheduled for the crazy azz midnight madness/ usc football/halloween weekend of october 31st...chicago's next jerome "around the world" randle, a former pac 12 mvp

*****kim k, let's be real here, curvy brunette yoga females from academically mediocre schools wanna date/marry cal, stanford & ivy league grads...just ask t-wall

*****big boi, a 5 star outkast from georgia that is gonna put atlanta on the map before it fell in the california sun

yeah, these guys are gonna be howlin' at the moon, they're not dumb azzs

this is cal basketball#
bearmanpg
Shocky1;842582208 said:

jordan brown is unofficially visiting cal this weekend, yeah he's the top priority prospect with an actionable offer along with bishop o'dowd's elijah hardy & mater dei catholic's miles norris for cal's started at the bottom class (2018)

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including roseville)

Jordan Brown is the only freshman I've seen who compares with Ivan Rabb as a freshman.....He is an extremely talented young man with a basketball IQ beyond his years...if he improves as much as Ivan did in high school he will be a beast by the time he chooses a college (hopefully Cal)....the difference between the two is the difference in the ability of the competition they play against....O'Dowd played a national schedule the last two year of Ivan's days there while it is yet to be seen what level of competition Woodcreek High will play.....it is also possible that Jordan could transfer to a more basketball centered school like Findley Prep where he would get to play against top notch talent from around the country....it wouldn't surprise me in the least...
Shocky1
jaylen brown's 360 degrees between the legs dunk, r u serious?

do you got season tix(s) for this season's potentially epic cal basketball season?

https://twitter.com/CalMensBBall

this is cal basketball#
concordtom
bearmanpg;842582275 said:

Jordan Brown is the only freshman I've seen who compares with Ivan Rabb as a freshman.....He is an extremely talented young man with a basketball IQ beyond his years...if he improves as much as Ivan did in high school he will be a beast by the time he chooses a college (hopefully Cal)....the difference between the two is the difference in the ability of the competition they play against....O'Dowd played a national schedule the last two year of Ivan's days there while it is yet to be seen what level of competition Woodcreek High will play.....it is also possible that Jordan could transfer to a more basketball centered school like Findley Prep where he would get to play against top notch talent from around the country....it wouldn't surprise me in the least...

Well then I'd better go watch the show NOW
Shocky1
so many doggies need a home, do you got room at your place for a sweet soul that needs your love?

an animal's love will be still be with you long after the **** you bought is gone
Shocky1

team: washington state cougars

shockster 2015/2016 pac 12 prediction: 12th place (last place)

coach: ernie "donor lover" kent

what you need to know about kent: ernie got pushed out the door in eugene for having an affair with the married wife of a major donor (not phil knight)...at an academically mediocre school like oregon you can recruit low character basketball players with criminal records who got low gpas that aren't interested in graduating with a degree that ultimately rape female students on campus & that won't get you fired (just ask altman) but if you bang the wife of someone important to the athletic department, you're done baby, pack your **** & get out of town

what up in pullman?: the cougars best player davonte lacy (team high 16.9 ppg) along with bears killer jordan railey (the catalyst for the cougs upset victory in berkeley on january 4th with 17 points) & starting wing dexter dexter kernich-drew are gone...returning junior josh hawkenson (14.7 pgg & 10.8 rpg) & junior ike iroegbu (team high 3.4 apg & 8.9 ppg) won't got get much support this season

what this means for the bears: if the bears hibernate & don't take them cougs seriously, they will lose another ******* game to wsu...that would truly be a shame

my niece bailey doing a selfie with klay thompson at haas this season, dude is bailey's favorite golden state warrior

i dunno klay thompson isn't even my favorite washington state cougar, it's really not even close

Shocky1

team: stanford cardinals

shockster 2015/2016 pac 12 prediction: 11th place

coach: johnny "the roadrunner" dawkins

what you need to know about dawkins: the hyperactive roadrunner has the annoying practice of doing a 60 second taliban like lectures in front of the bench with each player (they are not allowed to speak during this very public humiliation) after every substitution in order to publicly embarrass them instead of just letting them sit down...and yeah, johnny is also the worst game managing coach in the pac 12 with less than 5 minutes left in the game which has contributed to the cards missing the ncca tournament 6 out of his 7 years on the farm...beep, beep

what's up in palo alto?: the cardinals 3 best players chasson randle (19.6 ppg), anthony brown (14.8 ppg & 6.9 rpg) & stefen "frankenstein" nastic (13.4 ppg & 6.5 rpg) are all gone leaving only role players like the allen twins (who took sammy singer's stanford offer), enforcer reid travis, skinny big michael humphrey & incoming freshman cameron walker (note to the bears staff: strong gpa recruits from non urban & highly sheltered family backgrounds will almost pick stanford over cal, don't waste your time)

but make no mistake about it, nasty was the fugliest dude in the pac 12 last season

dude scared the **** out of a lot of little children by smiling at them

good thing for nastic is that it is one of life's basic truths that hot girls from academically mediocre schools like oregon and arizona want to date & marry cal, stanford & ivy league grads...so there's always hope for stefen

what this means for the bears: if the bears can push tempo against the non plus 1 athletic cards, a sweep of both pac 12 games is a real possibility this season...and then hopefully stanford athletic director bernard muir will lock up johnny with a 5 year guaranteed contract...look at the mr brightside, with the perennial top 5 worst (along with usc) attendance numbers in collegiate basketball, we can turn maples pavilion into haas south on gameday in palo alto...beep, beep

Shocky1

team: colorado buffaloes

shockster 2015/2016 pac 12 prediction: 10th place

coach: tad "bad luck" boyle

what you need to know about boyle: he took over the buffs program in 2010 after successfully turning around a dormant northern colorado basketball program...he quickly transformed the colorado program with 3 runs in the ncca tournament during 2011-2013...the 2013 bufs team was positioned for a deep ncca run & national recognition in what appeared to be a breakthru season when tad's bad luck came out of nowhere, team leader & catalyst spencer dinwiddie was lost for the season with an acl injury

what up in boulder?: the bufs were a dysfunctional team last season with the now departed biggest gunner in the pac 12 askia booker (17.2 ppg) shooting the team out of games (that's gonna be allonzo trier's role in tucson this season)...team chemistry was so bad that boyle & booker mutually agreed that askia wouldn't play in the buffs ill fated cbi post season tournament...xavier johnson (10.3 ppg & 5.6 rpg) tearing his acl this summer is a huge loss for the upcoming season

josh scott (14.5 ppg & 8.4 rpg) & wesley johnson (6.6 ppg & 6.9 rpg) comprise arguably the best rebounding retunring duo in the pac 12...point guard production & facilitation will be the key re: whether it's gonna be another long season for tad or not, sometimes that bad luck is hard to shake

what this means for the bears: sitting behind the cal bench with coach martin's childhood friend jerry from back in the day in east st louis during the bears gutty & grinding win on a chilly nite in boulder, the coors event center is clearly one of the toughest road venues in the pac 12...the bears gotta work their azzs off this summer with coach christopher in order to be well conditioned enough to compete at a mile high altitude

Shocky1

team: washington huskies

shockster 2015/2016 pac 12 prediction: 9th place

coach: lorenzo "blurred lines" romar

what you need to know about romar: lorenzo is a good man who has made bad choices with respects to troubled players that has resulted in the downward trajectory of the washington basketball program...after a successful run in seattle with 3 sweet sixteen teams romar inexplicably continued to play venoy overton despite allegations that he had raped a minor...overton later was arrested for pimping out underage girls for prostitution & romar's star fell in the eyes of recruits & their moms

what up in seattle?: last year former fresno state transfer robert upshaw was kicked out of school after drug charges & the team went into a tailspin which eventually resulted in a shakeup of more than half the roster...the huskies have missed the ncca tournament the last 4 years while attendance has declined...romar is on the hot seat with basketball apathy at an all time high in seattle...andrew andrews (15.0 ppg & 4.3 apg) is the only experienced d1 player on the roster...there's young talent coming in but how many of the freshmen will transfer out when playing time expectations/team chemistry are an issue?

"after careful consideration and discussions with coach romar, i have decided that it is in my best interests to transfer from the university of washington...while i have enjoyed my time in the dawg pound, with the absolute upheaval surrounding the washington basketball program at this time, now is the time to transfer effective immediately...i would also like to take this opportunity to set the record straight that lindsay brauner's recent tweets that i'm gonna be a guard dog at robert upshaw's trap house are completely baseless and factually inaccurate"
-the washington husky

the washington husky is the 8th member of the program to leave the program:

**mike anderson (out of eligibility)
**shawn kemp jr (out of eligibility)
**jernard jarreau (tulane)
**darin johnson (cal state earthquake)
**gilles dierickx (seattle pacific)
**nigel williams-goss (gonzaga)
**robert upshaw (nba and/or prison)

"after meeting with coach romar it has become abundantly clear that he's heading in an entirely new direction and therefore we will no longer be cheering for the washington huskys at future basketball games"
-washington huskys cheerleaders & dance team

what this means for the bears: the cal staff has an opportunity to actively recruit true student athletes like jaylen nowell in the seattle metro area as the huskies class size imbalance will severely restrict the # of schollys washington can offer for incoming players for several years (kinda like usc football ncca scholly sanctions) regardless of whether romar is retained or not in the future

playing all the incoming freshmen with their playing expectations could create more chemistry problems in seattle
Shocky1

team: usc trojans

shockster 2015/2016 pac 12 prediction: 8th place

coach: andy "play that funky music" enfield

what you need to know about enfield: with a 2 year record of 41 losses & 2 basement finishes in the pac 12 (5-31), andy has shown absolutely no signs of progress that he can actually coach at a major conference level...sorry pat, you hired the wrong enfield

what up in south central?: the trojans return everybody including last season's biggest douche bag in the pac 12 katin "vanilla ice" reinhardt (12.5 ppg), nikola jovanovich (12.3 ppg & 7 rpg), jordan mclaughlin (12.1 ppg & 4.5 apg) & julian jacobs (8.4 ppg, 4.3 rpg & 3.5 apg) along with incoming freshmen former cal prospects chimezie metu (not priortized because of ivan) & bennie boatwright (dropped during the summer, dad is overly involved/demanding)...the trojans will win a few more games this season & with no seniors on the roster likely move into the pac 12's upper division the following year

what this means for the bears: not much, usc is consistently among the bottom 5 teams among the major conference teams in college basketball attendance...i dunno why but nobody gives a **** about trojans basketball, galen center is a graveyard

Shocky1

team: arizona state sun devils

shockster 2015/2016 pac 12 prediction: 7th place

coach: bobby "off to the races" hurley

what you need to know about hurley: did you know that despite earning millions in the nba that bobby hurley squandered much of his life's savings & lost his family's horse estate because of financial mismanagement/non performing investments related to the ponies

i dunno maybe bobby can mentor his sun devils re: the fastest mudder in the 3rd race at belmont, the best books in jersey, the tightest slots in vegas & **** like that...when he tells his guys we're off to the races, he means it

what up in tempe?: the sun devils lose their best player shaqueille mckissic but return starters savon goodman (11.2 ppg & 7.6 rpg), gerry blakes (11.1 & 4.2 rpg), eric jacobson (8.3 ppg & 5.9 rpg), point guard tra holder (7.0 ppg & 3.6 apg) & a pair of female best friends forever

during bobby's 1st week on the job in tempe he met with an influential donor group of sun angels & promised them he wouldn't build the program with disgruntled transfers & junior college dudes with criminal records like herbie...hurley promised them he would make asu the duke of the west with guys that excel in the classroom

but then reality got in the way

bobby has already chased off 3 student athletes:
**chance murray
**connor macdougal
**sai tummala

hurley has talked his buffalo point guard torian graham to transfer to asu, signed a junior college big obinna oleka who was suspended at central florida college for "violation of team rules" & also signed maurice o'field from midland community college after running into academic problems at the harvard of the southeast, east tennessee state

bobby is also making a run at 5 star thon maker who intends to arrive at his selected college in january & then leave in march...maker isn't even a one & done, he's more like on the 10 week plan

gotta check with my current 1st wife kat (a sun devil) to see if you can even graduate from asu in 10 weeks, who knows

one thing is known, bobby is no coach k, but his starting 5 is gonna be multiple...that's a sure thing

no wonder asu is the #1 ranked college in the world for producing the most strippers

what this means for the bears: 2 challenging games vs asu this season but that's about it, the sun devils & the bears are recruiting guys with totally different academic profiles...asu fans are gonna eventually figure out that bobby is recruiting a bunch of dumb azzs just like herbie
Shocky1

team: oregon state beavers

shockster 2015/2016 pac 12 prediction: 6th place

coach: wayne "who's your daddy" tinkle

what you need to know about tinkle: wayne's daughter elle plays at gonzaga & daughter joslyn plays at stanford

what up in corvallis?: the beavs return everybody including senior point guard gary payton ii (13.4 ppg, 7.5 rpg & 3.2 apg), malcolm dunvivier (10.7 ppg & 3.5 apg), victor robbins (10.3 ppg), berkeley's langston morris-walker (9.3 ppg & 4.6 rpg), jarmal reid (8.3 ppg) & olaf schaftenaar (7.8 ppg) plus tinkle's son tres & assistant coach stephen thompson's son jr (whose recruitment wisely ended by the cal staff when dad took the job in corvallis), both are top 100 2015 recruits...the beavs play fundamentally sound defense but their abysmal team shooting will hold them back, osu is gonna be tough when the final score for both teams is in the 50s & 60s

what this means for the bears: cal will need to push tempo vs the methodical osu, the new 30 second clock rule will not help the deliberate beavs
Shocky1

team: ucla bruins

shockster 2015/2016 pac 12 prediction: 5th place

coach: steve "rapist enabler" alford

what you need to know about alford: did you know that he is a "rapist enabler?"

check out the orange county register article: "alford's past paints blurry character portrait"
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/alford-535065-indiana-basketball.html

if steve alford has not protected his star basketball player after he raped the 1st student, then the 2nd victim most likely would have been spared this violent crime

if alford had been a basketball coach at an iowa middle school rather than the head coach at the university of iowa, then he would be in a prison today for his documented role in enabling/facilitating a convicted rapist to escape justice all in the name of his winning a few more basketball games

alford then waited a decade to make an insince apology as mandated by the ucla athletic director during april of 2013:

"at that time i instinctively and mistakenly came to (pierece's) defense before knowing all the facts...i wanted to believe he was innocent and in response to a media question i publicly proclaimed his innocence before the legal system had run its course"

"that was inappropriate, insensitive and hurtful especially for the young female victim and i apologize for that"

"i have learned and grown from that experience and now understand that such proclamations can contribute to an atmosphere in which similar crimes go unreported and victims are not taken seriously"

why did alford wait over a decade to apologize?

does alford truly feel any responsibility for the 2nd rape victim because of his actions?

steve alford=dana altman=joe paterno

what up in westwood?: the bruins lose stabilizing team leader normal powell (16.4 ppg & 4.7 rpg) & inefficiently underutilized future nba 1st rounder kevon looney (11.6 ppg & to be sorely missed 9.2 rpg)...bryce "whose your daddy" alford (15.4 ppg), tony parker (11.5 ppg & 6.7 rpg) & isaac hamilton (10.6 ppg) were inconsistent last season & will be joined by blue chippers prince ali & aaron holiday & former cal recruit thomas welsh...team chemistry & ball movement along with defensive toughness could be real issues this upcoming season

steve alford's program is now also in the middle of a major academic cheating scandal
http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2015/10/11/report-former-ucla-adviser-alleges-academic-wr

what this means for the bears: cal is in numerous recruiting battles with ucla for key 2017 prospects but will steve alford still be the coach in westwood given the unrealistic expectations of the ucla donor base?

this is ucla basketball#
First Page Last Page
Page 236 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.