cal's monster class deux

1,376,076 Views | 6499 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Admin
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
update: 2016 global rankings are out & cal is still the #1 ranked public university in the world:acclaim:

coach martin (channeling his inner shocky) tells the assembled cal elite camp attendees yesterday that "this is the number one public university in the world...not number two...not everyone wants to play at a school like this"

kinda disappointed that coach didn't also them to not be a ******* dumb azz:headbang

Shocky1;842696584 said:

http://www.usnews.com/education/best-global-universities/rankings

us news is ranking cal #3 in their 2015 collegiate world rankings, it's also the #1 ranked public university in the world

a cal degree is like a winning lottery ticket, it will open an unlimited number of doors in the future in your quest to achieve your dreams & goals in life...ask your favorite headhunter of elite talent, today's highly competitive global marketplace favors those that are well educated, that's just the way it is...if you go to an academically mediocre school like arizona or oregon & get injured you are ******, that's why you got to be mentally limitless

but you gotta have academic ambition to graduate from cal, are you willing to do the work?

yeah, ambition is priceless, it's something in your veins

50 year decision#
thekuma
Shocky1;842720801 said:

update: 2016 global rankings are out & cal is still the #1 ranked public university in the world:acclaim:

coach martin (channeling his inner shocky) tells the assembled cal elite camp attendees yesterday that "this is the number one public university in the world...not number two...not everyone wants to play at a school like this"

kinda disappointed that coach didn't also them to not be a ******* dumb azz:headbang

Shocky, what's the scoop on the offer to 2018 Wing, Jules Bernard, from the Winward School in LA? Does he have an actionable offer?
Shocky1
coach martin extended an actionable offer this week to 6'5" 180 lbs jules bernard a top 50 player in the 2018 class from the academically rigorous winward school in los angeles & the compton magic aau team

most importantly jules got good hair

jules along with his dad jules sr (a native of trinidad, a usc grad & a systems analyst) met with the cal staff in late june on an unofficial visit

bernard is a plus one athlete that flys with an uber helicopter...he is in attack mode offensively as a slasher that can also knock down free throws & is working to continue improving his perimeter game

jules is not a dumb azz, he's extremely articulate & is receiving interest from cal, ucla, usc, asu, utah & stanford...he is currently taking honors french along with ap english this year & told ryan gorcey that he got a 3.5 gpa

jules bernard would be a fabulous addition to cal's started at the bottom class (2018), he's got crazy azz hops & can push tempo

[video=youtube;5umQXZgJXQA][/video]

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including trinidad)
Shocky1
the staff's current plan is to take 5 guys for cal's all the way up class (2017)
Vineyardview
Would that really be four with one after a mission a couple of years later?
concordtom
How many millions did Shawn Bradley's mission to Australia cost him?

Cost the church, too.
Tithing.
Shocky1
Vineyardview;842720910 said:

Would that really be four with one after a mission a couple of years later?

the staff's current plan is to target 5 players for enrollment in 2017

if trevin knell commits to cal, he will sign during november but then defer enrollment until 2019
Shocky1
theo john is on his 4th official visit (has already tripped to cal, purdue & oklahoma) this weekend to marquette, he will visit minnesota next weekend

marquette got a passionate fan base but i sure hope wojo don't take theo on a tour of milwaukee's top attractions like the jeffrey dahmer fun house, that would be a really bad idea

yeah wisconsin isn't exactly sweater weather

america's dairyland (and bar)#
Shocky1
troy, sincerely hope you enjoy your 1st official visit this weekend to ohio state

serious question, has anybody with a 3.7 gpa like you actually ever enrolled at osu?

don't be a dumb azz#
Shocky1
there are only 3 days left in the summer of 2016

do you got a yoga/meditation practice & cal basketball season tix(s)?...are you gonna be at haas pavilion on gamedays or not?

don't be a fake model#
Shocky1
young ivee, so you're having trouble sleeping lately?

that's totally understandable my friend, you shocked the game by deciding to pass on being a probable nba lottery pick to return to the university of california, berkeley for a 2nd season...you are considered the best returning player in college basketball, nba scouts will be closely monitoring your continued development, are you gonna demand the ******* ball or what?

you told those closet to you that you don't wanna just make the league, that you wanna be physically (strength & perimeter shooting) ready to dominate in the nba to ensure a 2nd lucrative contract that will get you minted for life so you can make a positive impact in your community & take care of moms tami

ivan, you got big dreams but most importantly you're willing to do the necessary relentless work on the basketball court, in the s&c program with coach christopher & in the classrooms of the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world

friday november 11th, an epic nite for the ages, can't get here quick enough for either of us

let's do this, ivan

raidahs#
UrsaMajor
I agree that tOSU isn't Cal, but it's not Alabama or ASU, either. It's a solid public university, and yes, there are lots of 3.7 students there.
UrsaMajor
Shocky:

A recommendation: when this hits 1000 posts, it's time to shut down the thread and start a Part Trois.
OdontoBear66
UrsaMajor;842721224 said:

I agree that tOSU isn't Cal, but it's not Alabama or ASU, either. It's a solid public university, and yes, there are lots of 3.7 students there.

But that is a pretty typical pic of their students on football Saturdays I hear from a number of good sources. Hard to step on asphalt in the roads around the stadium with all the beer can litter.
Shocky1

i dunno i'm kinda skeptical that kam is gonna be a vegetarian & that it's also gonna help him build muscle & strength, not many 250+ lbs vegans in the nba...no more krabby pattys with extra onions at the krusty krab with kristy that's for sure

both kameron & his little sis khayla an emerging 6'1" 2017 prospect at mission hills high school have dedicated their upcoming seasons in loving memory of their dad sean

kam has worked very hard this offseason & is poised for a breakout season...the pac 12's most talented centers are all gone: jakob poeltl at utah, kaleb tarczewski at arizona, josh scott at colorado, eric jacobsen at asu and hybrids rosco allen at stanford & nikon jovanovich at usc

Shocky1;842685018 said:

kameron rooks told me at the banquet that he played ball in high school at 300 lbs, that he currently weights 250 lbs & that he would feels "too light" right now & that he would like to play next season at 255-260 lbs...coach nicodemus told me that he's more focused upon rook's overall conditioning than any specific lbs goal...my take is that kam is very powerful in his upper body but not as strong in his lower body

when i asked with the departures of both poeltl at utah & zeus at arizona who's gonna be the biggest challenge at the 5 in the pac 12 next season he said dusan ristic for the wildcats, he bangs the whole time...it should be pointed out that when chris boucher at oregon plays the 5 that ivan rabb usually plays the 5 too

kam is not a dumb azz, he entered cal with a 3.5 gpa & with his summer school classes he told me he is scheduled to graduate at the end of next year with a focus upon legal studies...at that point he could either play as a graduate transfer at another school or apply to one of cal's grad school programs which are usually 2 years, my take is that there's a very strong probability that rooks will be leaving berkeley after next season

so let's celebrate kam's academic achievements & appreciate his every moment as a california golden bear next season, he turned down an actionable offer from the donut boy of tucson (and his dad sean's school) to graduate from the #1 ranked public university in the world

kam is soft spoken & sitting near him he was genuinely surprised & emotionally moved when coach martin announced his award as the team's defensive mvp, his handshake is respectful & not bone crunching

k(rooks) owned up to me his secret crush on alicia keys & that he went to see her on bart at the super bowl festivities the night before the game concert in downtown san francisco, it was a zoo but he got to hear her sing from outside the staging area

but make no mistake about it, kam's true love is kristy at the krusty krab, she throws batting practice at him & although he used to play baseball she mostly strikes him out...such is the price of love, kam

Shocky1
there are only 2 days left in the summer of 2016

do you got a yoga/meditation practice & cal basketball season tix(s)?...the magic of cal basketball starts again on friday november 11th at haas pavilion, are you gonna be there?

sweet disposition#
Shocky1
"never settle for less"

-jaylen brown, noted philosopher & life coach

heavy is the head that wears the crown#
Shocky1
congrats to taeshon cherry on being named #33 in the most recent national rankings for the class of 2018

Shocky1;842711133 said:

coach martin just offered 6'8" 205 lbs taeshon cherry top 35 player in the 2018 class from st augustine high school in san diego & the oakland soldiers, the 2 are texting almost every day

cherry is an elite athlete with a non stop motor & smooth stroke along with an advanced handle/passing skills for a 3/4...most importantly he's got mental toughness, a great attitude & is very coachable

taeshon got a good but not great 3.0 gpa, he can definitely work harder in the classroom, cherry is a bright young man with academic ambition

the staff is hoping to host taeshon & ideally his family too during early august for an unofficial visit in berkeley

[video=youtube;kUFIRu5jsQw][/video]

yeah, taeshon along with #2 ranked jordan brown would be the key foundations of cal's started at the bottom class (2018)

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including san diego county)

jaylen brown jr (get minted)#:bravo
Shocky1
jordan brown took an unofficial visit to nevada (huf) today
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5] interview with All American [COLOR="#0000CD"]Isabella Marten[/COLOR]
triple and long jumper from Germany[/SIZE]

[video=youtube;IfQRErf6ZNg][/video]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Sam Singer supporting the Bears in their big win over Texas[/SIZE]

Shocky1
my favorite cal women's soccer player isabel damiani is no longer on the team, she's apparently focusing on her schoolwork in the haas biz school with a minor in music...hope isabel makes it to haas pavilion this season so her haas classmate sammy can introduce us & i can tell her in person how her special musical talents resonate with me

yeah that's just crazy:tree

the voice#

Shocky1;842699266 said:

isabel, your voice speaks to me...you got a very special gift & i hope that you will be invited to sing (with your unique style & sense of interpretation) the national anthem at a cal basketball game this season

yeah, that would be ******* crazy

[video=youtube;GFPBHVxbHLQ][/video]
Shocky1
are you a dumb azz with a low gpa that plays basketball on a basketball court with a basketball at an academically mediocre school like arizona or oregon or are you a renaissance cal man?

men take care of their biz, thanks marco for the reminder

https://soundcloud.com/the-tribe-akashic/keep-me-company-feat-master-wendu-tae-haru

mentally limitless#
Shocky1
there is only 1 day left in the summer of 2016

are you gonna be in haas pavilion on gamedays this season, are you gonna celebrate the magic of cal basketball in person?

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]4 star Cal commit Jemarl Baker in a crazy double overtime win
Baker with all the clutch plays[/SIZE]

[video=youtube;FVGhd4ntfJ8][/video]

Shocky1
check out how articulate (which is what you would expect from a true student athlete with a 3.5 gpa) & poised jordan brown is despite the kinda awkward questioning from the interviewer

most importantly the #2 player in the 2018 class is both humble & appreciative of the support from his family, friends & hometown roseville, there's no big time attitude or sense of self entitlement just like jaylen brown & ivan rabb

and yeah the #1 ranked public university in the world was the 1st school that came to jordan's mind when he named his potential future college destination:gobears:

[video=youtube;s75Y8q-PRW8][/video]
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]it's all about buckets
[/SIZE]
Shocky1
HoopDreams;842722605 said:

[SIZE=5]4 star Cal commit Jemarl Baker in a crazy double overtime win
Baker with all the clutch plays[/SIZE]

jemarl, when you throw down one of them ******* ice in your veins game winning moneyballs during your cal career, i'm gonna lead the floor stormin' at haas pavilion (and on the road) every single time...there's no security force (including the clownz at tsa) that are gonna keep me from celebrating with you, it's in my veins, this is what we came for

this **** is getting live

[video=youtube;N7QqouIxulM][/video]

beware the dumb azz in the purple shirt/cal golf cap#
Shocky1
jemarl, this is a strong fashion (and yoga/meditation flat stomach) statement

this not so much

purple is the new black#:bravo
Shocky1
coach martin has been building a relationship/monitoring the development of 5'11" 170 lbs point guard james akinjo from salesian high school & the oakland soldiers since his freshman year

congrats to james on getting selected to the top 100 rankings for the 2018 class, the bears staff knows akinjo can score, they just wanna see more leadership on the court

akinjo also got a good relationship with salesian grad jabari bird & is being coached up by cal grad head coach bill mellis & the fastest rising assistant coach in nor cal in joshua calbert (gotta love that name, he also works with splash city under armour & has relationships with marcus lee & tolu jacobs yaffa)

james blew up at the recent 2016 nor cal classic at contra costa college with 12 points, 8 assists (arguably 10 by some accounts) & 6 rebounds in addition to attending the cal elite camp (he got similarly sized charlie moore's number too for future conversations)

yeah james akinjo is a grinder that works out 2-3 times a day that maximizes his talent, he could potentially be a key cog of cal's started at the bottom class (2018)

[video=youtube;yd0Wqoa8LeQ][/video]

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including the east bay):woohoo
Shocky1

como tele vous, roger?
the summer of 2016 is flying by & tonite is the final nite, did you relentlessly pursue your dreams?:axe

the time is now#
Shocky1

what up 89b, any updates re: your family's summertime new rescue dog addition desi?

everybody loves des
Shocky1

the summer of 2016 is over but not wasted if you raised your gpa, if you got stronger/more flexible in the cal s&c program or your yoga/meditation practice, if you built trusting relationships with the bears coaches, if you eliminated academically mediocre schools like arizona, oregon & minnesota from your collegiate finalists, if you met a curvy brunette yoga female with a flat stomach, if you adopted a rescue dog/cat or if you got season tix(s) to cal basketball

don't be a dumb azz

welcome to paradise (a cal degree opens unlimited doors in life)#:cheer
HoopDreams
Shocky1
the biggest question facing the cal basketball program, are they gonna get the 2016 pregame intro song right this season or not?

Shocky1;842716898 said:

is the shockster bitter about anything in his life?

**** yeah, i'm still scarred by tsubasa onozaki & his staff's decision to not select diamonds are forever as the cal pregame intro song last season...check out the link below, even my man jaylen wants to collaborate with kayne...what a ******* dumb azz decision

hopefully tsubasa will select all the way up as this season's pregame intro song, our guys need uber helicopters at haas pavilion so that nothing can stop us when we're stormin' the court....and if they ask you where we live, point to the berkeley hills & go all the way up
[video=youtube;y2ak_oBeC-I][/video]

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_30198421/could-jaylen-brown-and-kanye-collaborate-studio

First Page Last Page
Page 29 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.