CAL vs Ducks Game thread

39,585 Views | 640 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearForce2
calfanz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Biggest losers of the day are the Duck Fans.

They blow big time
calumnus
blungld said:

Gutsy play by Bears, but man...just enough dumb calls and mistakes to lose.

Feel bad for the players
Strykur
calumnus said:

WavyBear said:

GOD MUSGRAVE. NEVER GO EMPTY
There is no room for all those receivers. At least have a fly sweep get the defense moving the wrong way
No one going over the middle on the last play, blitzers vacated the whole middle of the endzone.
SBGold
Yes, especially when our oline is trash and can't pick up blitzes
blungld
Chase retreated and threw off back foot those last few plays. I would have made sure he stepped up into pocket or rolled him out. Feels like one of those litlle errors that make it a loss.

"The Bear will not quilt, the Bear will not dye!"
bluehenbear
Well at least we didn't have to lose to the indignity of missing a PAT
bearsandgiants
Run was working all night so we abandoned it when we needed it most. Painful. Great effort by the Bears. One of the hardest losses to take in awhile.
GoOskie
BadNewsBear1 said:

And we wasted a play by spiking on first and goal.
Should've given it to Brooks. Oregon D wasn't even ready.
Bobodeluxe
westcoast101 said:

Such a winnable game. This Oregon team might be the worst top 10 team I've ever seen. Still makes zero sense that they won at Ohio State. 1-5 and hopefully one step closer to dumping Wilcox.
Not even close. When Cal was ranked #2, with #1 losing, that was the worst of all time.
RonO
BadNewsBear1 said:

And we wasted a play by spiking on first and goal.
Yes, I've never understood that. You need a much practiced play to run in those situations.
chazzed
SBGold said:

We should have spread them out and run it again

From Tedford to Dykes to Wilcox, we always abandon the run. And to those who say you have to mix it up, I say witness those last few "passing plays."
Golden One
blungld said:

GoOskie said:

Feel bad for Brooks. Just forgot about him. What a waste.
We had time and timeouts to pound with Brooks. Missed opportunity...again.
That's exactly what I was thinking. Brooks is our best weapon in that situation, and we didn't use him. But when you have a head coach that doesn't know his a$$ from a hole in the ground, what do you expect?
BearForce2
calumnus said:

WavyBear said:

There is no room for all those receivers. At least have a fly sweep get the defense moving the wrong way

Did you also think it would have been better to run Brooks on 4th down?
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
Golden One
BearForce2 said:

calumnus said:

WavyBear said:

Yes. And 3rd down also.
graguna
i suppose it would have been more CAL-like to score, go for two and get stopped at the one foot line. that would have been more painful. that's what I was expecting. but this lost was only kinda painful.
HoopDreams
Chase made an amazing play to get the first down as he was being tackled

Nikko had both hands on the pass at the goal line

Not sure how two defenders got immediately through to Chase without being touched to absolutely blow up that play. Chase had no chance

Unfortunately we didn't have one more magical play left

nwbear84
I'm convinced now more than ever that the PAC 12 north is the weakest it's been ever. Cal is not very good, but is close enough to make it hurt.
BearForce2
Golden One said:

BearForce2 said:

calumnus said:

WavyBear said:

Yes. And 3rd down also.

Thank you. It's you, me, everyone I was watching the game with, everyone except Musgrave.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
BearForce2
nwbear84 said:

I'm convinced now more than ever that the PAC 12 north is the weakest it's been ever. Cal is not very good, but is close enough to make it hurt.

Yup.
sonofabear51
Golden One
nwbear84 said:

Yes, and Oregon is not even close to a top-10 team. In fact, I'm not sure they should even ranked in the top 25.
sonofabear51
YES, RUN THE F'CKNG BALL
Start Slowly and taper off
calumnus
graguna said:

i suppose it would have been more CAL-like to score, go for two and get stopped at the one foot line. that would have been more painful. that's what I was expecting. but this lost was only kinda painful.

I'd be a lot happier with that. Our coaches did not put the players in the best position to succeed.
westcoast101
Bobodeluxe said:

westcoast101 said:

Such a winnable game. This Oregon team might be the worst top 10 team I've ever seen. Still makes zero sense that they won at Ohio State. 1-5 and hopefully one step closer to dumping Wilcox.
Not even close. When Cal was ranked #2, with #1 losing, that was the worst of all time.

We had D Jax, Mack, Best, Alualu, amongst multiple other NFL players. That team was stacked.
HoopDreams
Interesting on those last two play calls (and probably rest of game), Wilcox was not in the huddle with the offense during the timeouts

Calls completely by Musgrave
82gradDLSdad
Shocker, another kick to the nuts night. Good night everyone.
TheFiatLux
westcoast101 said:

Bobodeluxe said:

westcoast101 said:

We had D Jax, Mack, Best, Alualu, amongst multiple other NFL players. That team was stacked.
We were 5-0, with wins that included a thrashing of a mighty SEC team on the prime time National TV game, and on the road against #11 Oregon with Game Day present. Had Longshore not got hurt, we beat Oregon State and we would have absolutely been deserving of a #1 ranking.
Strykur
westcoast101 said:

Bobodeluxe said:

westcoast101 said:

If Tedford wasn't an obstinate ******* and played Riley instead of Longshore the rest of the way, we would have been fine going forward, coaching killed us after that night.
GoOskie
HoopDreams said:

Interesting on those last two play calls (and probably rest of game), Wilcox was not in the huddle with the offense during the timeouts

Musgrave needs to be fedex'd out of state. He's a gd disaster.
calumnus
HoopDreams said:

This is the problem with promoting a defensive coach to His first HC job.
chazzed
calumnus said:

graguna said:

I'd be a lot happier with that. Our coaches did not put the players in the best position to succeed.

You are correct. Put another way, what the phuc was the thinking behind that last series of plays?
WavyBear
bearsandgiants said:

Run was working all night so we abandoned it when we needed it most. Painful. Great effort by the Bears. One of the hardest losses to take in awhile.
I just dont understand why Musgrave gets so cute in the redzone / at goalline. its unbelievable.
Golden One
HoopDreams said:

Wilcox is NEVER in the huddle with players and assistant coaches on the sideline. It's as though he is completely detached with the strategy and play calls. I attend every home game, and this behavior is standard for him. That's just one (of many) reason why he has to go.
dimitrig
LunchTime said:

dimitrig said:

LunchTime said:

Garbers is better than you all give him credit.

The offense as a whole sucks, garbers doesn't.

4th year senior…

He doesn't suck but he's not good enough to win at Cal

Jesus... That bar is pretty ****ing high. I don't think Rodgers would be much better wins wise with this team.

Of all the problems with this team, blaming a pretty good QB is kind of low intelligence.

Oh, I think Rodgers would be a lot better.

You are underestimating how weak our offense is and the QB is a big part of that.

30 points is an offensive explosion for this team.

It's not all on Garbers, but he is not a "pretty good QB." He is an average to below average QB.

A team lean on talent like Cal needs a really good QB to win.

calumnus
Strykur said:

westcoast101 said:

Bobodeluxe said:

westcoast101 said:

If Tedford wasn't an obstinate ******* and played Riley instead of Longshore the rest of the way, we would have been fine going forward, coaching killed us after that night.

Agreed.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.