cal's monster offensive line

1,524,223 Views | 9937 Replies | Last: 58 min ago by wifeisafurd
ColoradoBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1 said:

max's bear claws in colin (ouch)#

Hope Collin can reply 'congrats on ur first major max!' sometime in the next few years.
bearsandgiants
Notice how he says "Oh, we made it!?" Total selfless class act. What a great Bear.
Shocky1

cal's monster offensive line 1st day fall camp update:

very insightful interview with the king of the hill coach bloesch:

"we got 31 days until gameday, we're way better than we were in the spring and there's no doubt we're gonna be better in denton"

"gotta find the 5 guys that can play well as a unit...there's a lotta competition, this spring we were limited on depth with cindric not there and the transfer guys, gonna be fun to see how it plays out during the next month"

matthew cindric: "a guy who's been here a long time, he wants to do anything he can do to win...he's the 1st guy i called when i got the job, knew he would the leader of the room...he's an extension of me and the coaching staff"

brian driscoll: "brian has done a great job, super intelligent, another experienced guy that got a lotta experience...knows he gotta improve"

matthew wykoff: "known wykoff since he wuz a sophomore in high school, maybe his 1st scholarship offer...started as a freshman at a&m, got room to grow"

barrett miller: "a no brainer, a guy who has played 30 games, there's no substitute for that...i'm excited to see him develop"

frederick williams iii: "fred is gonna be a fun project, super talented played wide receiver in high school, super long...very high ceiling"

1st day out depth chart (will change during fall camp):

left tackle: brayden rohme, everett johnson, barrett miller
left guard: brian driscoll, matthew wykoff, joshua stovall
center: matthew cindric, bastian swinney, dashaun harris
right guard: sioape vatikani, trent ramsey, dylan jemtegaard
right tackle: tj session, ender aguilar, martin tine

monster odds & ends: great news that bastian is healthy for fall camp & competing at center (at 6'6" that's a lotta flex to snap to a 5'11" qb)...legit 6'6" 310 lbs martin tine is in berkeley & not outta shape which historically is an issue for jc lineman making the transition, kudos to martin...barrett miller started primarily at guard for the cards, now competing at left tackle for the bears after recovering from a physical issue this summer...current starting 5 guys is the same 5 guys that started during spring ball (but without the salty as **** fries & tasty chocolate shakes)

1st day out in berkeley (on 10 paws we stood tall)#
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

monster collegiate presidential/chancellor background analysis:

guess who wanna be the next prez of stanford university?

that would be the highly ambitious arizona's current prez dr robert c robbins who did his residency in cardiothoracic surgery on the farm back in the day & later spent 19 years in palo alto as the director of cardiothoracic transplantation laboratory at the stanford school of medicine

robbie don't want the reputation as the guy who blew up in the pac 12 when he interviews for stanford's next prez despite consensus in tuscon it's the right move to join the truck stop skools in the big 12...there's professional safety for him if the 3 other corner schools join him in making the jump

yeah tuscon is a dump & robbie wants out

also ambitious but not in a slimy way like robbie is san diego state's dr adela de la torre who got 3 berkeley degrees & is arguably the favorite to become the berkeley chancellor when carol christ retires july 1, 2024...it would bolster her professional aspirations/networking if the aztecs join the pac 12 & pay the $34m mountain west buy out with some financial assistance from the pac 12

i reached out to adela recently & she responded back to me (unlike the con artist), not gonna share her response but she luvs the university of california, berkeley

https://instagr.am/p/Cvcvh0xOTJ3
mr silverleaf sun angel update: now believes that robbie & asu athletic director ray anderson have convinced longtime staunch pac 12 (and larry scott) advocate michael crow to flip to the big 12 in the current game of musical chairs

arizona board of regents will authorize the conference affiliation switchs for asu & arizona thursday nite with a public big 12 announcement friday morning...utah is also on the clock
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

Official announcement from the empty desk of the Athletic Director:

Greetings Cal Bears Fans!

As someone who lives almost half the year in Colorado Springs while building up my real estate empire here while commuting to the kinda Commie Bay Area, I share your deep disappointment with yesterday's news that was relayed to me today that Colorado is departing from the Pac 12.

No doubt it's going to be significantly more challenging for me to expense my trip homes for key Rocky Mountain Wednesday Night Senior League hockey matches on a go forward basis.

Our student athletes in all of our non revenue sports just set a world record for the most trash bags ever collected on Telegraph Avenue plus I've directed my CFO to borrow $11,000,000 to ensure my $1,300,000 annual salary checks are safeguarded from the likelihood of diminished future revenue flows.

Go Bears!!!

General James Arthur Knowlton

sit down & shut the **** up, shocky (stormin' the floor is against the rules)#

Shout out to all Cal Bears Fans!

Just a quick update, our Colorado Springs Senior All Star hockey team defeated the Durango squad 5-4 in overtime last nite, now we're advancing to the next round of the playoffs with a huge upcoming rematch at Castle Rock.

Markeisha tells me everything is going good back at the office and that the next round of call back interviews with prospective candidates to add to our current understaffed Communications team of 11 professionals will take place Friday morning.

Go Bears!!!

Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

super fun 1st round at the 2023 scottish open at the renaissance club in north berwick, scotland

walked most of the en fuego course record 61 for byeong hun an, if you listen carefully to the above twitter feed u can hear the monster yell upon his 9th (final hole) 25 foot birdie putt, "wow, go bears"...when ben lost his pga card after the 2021 season, he went home to lake nona (above average fazio design in orlando) & finally got his body right during his 2022 season on the korn ferry tour...an absolutely pounds the ball off the tee with length (averaged 318 yards on drives today) & accuracy and his short game is creatively on point

followed max homa (and his caddie joe greiner) for all 18 holes en route to his 66 which included 2 missed 4-5 footers

on the dramatic par 4 coastal 13th hole which doglegs around the beautiful firth of forth, max & joe had a lengthy conversation about the carry yardage on homa's wedge which included the downwind 2 club wind & also the sloping right to left green site which favors a shot bounced in from the right side kickplate...then max stuffs it to 2 feet & joe is kinda giddy giving his buddy his putter in the fairway

so after max taps in for a birdie 3 & both he & joe are exiting the green walking directly towards me the following **** goes down:

shocky: joe, that birdie is on you!

greiner who looks like the guy in zz top is smiling broadly at the compliment

adam scott's caddie (playfully patting joe on the shoulder): at least somebody around here loves you

shocky (as max walks by): forget homa, your the man joe!

adam scott (while smirking at max who is giving me the side eye & tryna ignore me): that's right, mate!

next hole homa almost makes a hole in one on the par 3 knocking it to a foot

max taps in for a birdie 2

shocky: ladies and gentlemen, dialing up the yardages, mr joe greiner!

everybody in the crowd including max is laughing at that comment

michael kim didn't show his best stuff en route to a 72 but got time to further adjust to links golf before next week's british open at royal liverpool in northern england for which he & max are already qualified (ben needs a top 3 finish among those not already earning a berth to be invited to next week's open)

gonna do it all again tomorrow (43,000+ steps) with them california golden bears, yeah hitting over thousand year rock walls is kinda fun (if u got good dental insurance or something)

cal is a golf school (shut up, shocky)#

byeong hun an continues his remarkable season with an opening round 63 at the wyndham, ben is in the best physical shape of his life & his short game around the greens is one of the best on the pga tour (and the statistics bear that out)...after 3 putting his 1st hole for a bogey, got it going with 17 out of 18 greens in regulation, that's serious ball striking

on the korn ferry tour fellow haas biz ad grad brandon hagy went low with a 66 in the 1st round in utah playing the last 5 holes 4 under par...when brandon drives the ball accurately, he's a contender with his unreal clubhead speed which is accentuated this week playing at altitude

cal is a golf & yoga/meditation school (life is not linear)#

https://instagr.am/p/Cr4LlPtuDq0

wow, go bears#
Shocky1
arizona gone

juarezbear
Shocky1 said:

arizona gone

Is it now official?
eastcoastcal
juarezbear said:

Shocky1 said:

arizona gone

Is it now official?
Not "done" yet but effectively official.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/38130567/sources-arizona-deal-big-12-expected-finalized-soon
Shocky1
Quote:

Quote:

Colorado gets 32 mil for being in the B12. They are a crappy football team in a worse media market.

So what are we worth? Are we worth more than Colorado or did the B12 overpay for Colorado?

Would the B1G be getting a freaking deal if they get us for $20 mm? Or would they be getting a lemon?

I just can't wrap my head around why the B1G wouldn't want to be in the Bay area especially with the number of B1G alums (and even more when UCLA/USC join).

Also to address your question directly I believe it's because we are either lock and step with some sort of furd shenanigans to abstain. Or we've already been engaged in big 10 discussions well before any of this stuff even started as had been rumored. That would certainly explain why Christ and Jimbo have been quiet.
cnhth, ur explanation is wrong

zero communication#

Shocky1

the above fascinating interview with barrett miller is 100% insightful (and easily the most revealing interview with a cal football player in the last decade) in explaining/detailing the true love & camaraderie within cal's monster offensive line...just like basketball's cal's monster class back in the day these are truly amazing individuals that have come together in such a special way to connect with one another & ima honored to take this ride with coach bloesch's trench workers

barrett's fiance "this is the place" tells u all u gotta know & no blue is not "hotter" than red if ur colorblind at the #1 ranked public university in the world...there r no "limits" on the field when the bears "ground a pound"

r u truly engaging new energies into ur life with a receptive heart?

unicorns for bloesch (adventures of unlimited personal growth)#
Shocky1

girl dad#
Shocky1

ben holing out from south of 100 yards on his finishing hole for an eagle 2 on the par 4 9th hole, he's got the all around game to compete for a trophy this weekend...walking all 18 holes with an at the scottish open during his course record 61 wuz fun but his best stuff is all in front of him & his virtually unlimited upside

the program is gonna have 3 players in the world top 25 sooner than later in the monster's opinion

cal is a golf school#
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

Greetings Cal Bears Fans!

As someone who lives almost half the year in Colorado Springs while building up my real estate empire here while commuting to the kinda Commie Bay Area, I share your deep disappointment with yesterday's news that was relayed to me today that Colorado is departing from the Pac 12.

No doubt it's going to be significantly more challenging for me to expense my trip homes for key Rocky Mountain Wednesday Night Senior League hockey matches on a go forward basis.

Our student athletes in all of our non revenue sports just set a world record for the most trash bags ever collected on Telegraph Avenue plus I've directed my CFO to borrow $11,000,000 to ensure my $1,300,000 annual salary checks are safeguarded from the likelihood of diminished future revenue flows.

Go Bears!!!

sit down & shut the **** up, shocky (stormin' the floor is against the rules)#

Shout out to all Cal Bears Fans!

Just a quick update, our Colorado Springs Senior All Star hockey team defeated the Durango squad 5-4 in overtime last nite, now we're advancing to the next round of the playoffs with a huge upcoming rematch at Castle Rock.

Markeisha tells me everything is going good back at the office and that the next round of call back interviews with prospective candidates to add to our current understaffed Communications team of 11 professionals will take place Friday morning.

Go Bears!!!

r any of these announcements legit???#
Shocky1

"We are not watching and waiting from the sidelines."

con artist translation: carol is tryna fire my sorry crooked broken down azz but ima just ignore everything & get ready for this week's senior all star league playoff game while negotiating the best possible severance package for myself...i dunno maybe tom lowry should borrow $100,000,000 from the central campus to keep the department afloat a bit longer but that's not really my problem or something...go bears
Shocky1

cal's monster class exclusive announcement:

athletic director james arthur knowlton is authorizing me (he's very busy rite now with the current conference realignments) to share with "cal bears fans" the upcoming schedule
http://www.csahl.org/leagues/3909830/schedule

https://instagr.am/p/CvWU2gXp3hY
life is not linear#
Shocky1

byeong hun an heading into the final round with a 66 & in 4th place while michael kim with a career low 62 despite a 3 jack national bogey on the 1st hole & all 18 greens hit in regulation en route to a current 6th place

after an eagle 3 yesterday on the uphill par 5 15th hole after a 315 yard bombed driver, ben made the bizarro decision today to tee off with his driving iron (saw him utilize this club at the scottish open in very windy conditions, it's not windy at all this week in humid north carolina) which he then pulled into the rough which led to a par 5

with it's head coaching position endowed for the future thx to alex and marie shipman & both max homa and colin morikawa funding schollys (the ncca limits d1 men's team to 4.5 schollys), the cal golf program is financially well situated to compete for a national championship...regardless of the con artist's "solution" to the current mess, shocky is gonna amp up his travel to pga tournaments in 2023/2024 to beautiful places on planet earth that are further afar

the magic of cal golf (is not contingent upon dumb *****)#
Shocky1

this is by far the most congent & understandable explanation of the pac 12 implosion, there is still zero meaningful communication from the con artist other than the markeisha's bureaucratic 100% untruthful dumb azz statement that "We are not watching and waiting on the sidelines."

forks up (at modern yoga, better to touch a tight azz than b a dumb azz)#
oskiswifeshusband
Mr. Shocky, is there any hope for Cal football?
Shocky1

oskiswifeisinrehab, it's kinda late in the game & the bears need a buzzer beater: the most realistic & effective strategy is to terminate knowlton as quickly as possible, appoint andrew mcgraw as the interim athletic director (with a bump in pay) to start cutting teams to 16/reduce the bloated bureaucracy and financially rightsizing the department until the next chancellor is hired effective july 1, 2024...and yeah firm up the ucla calimony (which of course has not been done yet, it's just an idea right now)

then the cal football team needs to ball out this 2023 season in the pac 12's final year while playing with a massive ******* grudge on our shoulders & knocking the **** out of the defectors with those that truly bleed blue & gold at memorial stadium along with the seagulls circling from high above while the cannon blasts warning shots into scorpio skies...win 8+ games and ******* storm the field after every victory with the band playing non stop our lifetime's greatest hits & get selected to a major bowl game (we will be the national media darlings with our paws & claws dangerously tipped out over ledges on the golden gate bridge)

that would likely create further interest from the big 10 (their prezs r pro cal/stanford, their athletic directors/media partners not so much) or some other consortium depending upon what happens to the acc's gor & big 12 (which is gonna be in for a bumpy ride with espn cutting costs as they continue to lose viewers to cord cutting)...streaming (with apple or amazon) is the future, the bridge to this future technology needs to be built by someone with visionary skillz, not the current athletic director

our california golden bears r most likely gonna stay together for this season which starts in a couple of weeks in denton, love zony bear's "you only live once" mantra for this road game & yeah shocky will be rooting/sweating his azz off there too...then we gotta do a brutal beatdown of sec auburn in front of a national espn audience with my boy jaydn rushing for 200+ yards behind cal's monster offensive line (and rohmie pulling/trapping like a boss man)...and yeah good luck to the yellowjackets in stopping the stormin' the field after that epic win for the ages...but if we lose to either north texas or auburn we r ******

joining a lousy conference or declaring now an intention to become an independent is a suicidal death wish, ima optimistic that players value their teammates/coaches & berkeley educations & will wait until after the final game of the season before assessing whether or not to enter the transfer portal when it reopens on december 4th

the bear would not quit, the bear would not die (but jim knowlton needs to be fired immediately)#
sonofabear51
knowlton should have been fired yesterday already or sooner. Do it now already!
Start Slowly and taper off
Shocky1
sonny boy, knowlton is hiding out in colorado springs as an absentee bureaucrat, that's why this site's mind boggling decision to support him is so remarkable...u would think there would be an editorial why cal got the only ad in the united states that don't got any social media would be a red flag

no way the con artist could've made it this far in his destruction of cal athletics without the bearinsider.com

we're all sunshine pumpers (why else be a fan of anything?) to a certain extent but being a candy azz soft dumb azz is a whole another thing
harebear
Shockster you are equal parts enjoyable and exasperating. Usually more the former. Did you miss the poll "How are you feeling about the job Jim Knowlton is doing as Cal's Athletic Director?". It was on this site and I don't believe it was put there by aliens.
Shocky1
hare, it's actually the only poll i've ever responded to in my life

so where's the follow up article re: the poll results?

we got literally the most worser athletic director in the united states of america & its territories (including ibiza) & this site has failed to demand his termination

let's forget about the fans/donors for a minute, ok?...knowlton's mismanagement is literally affecting the lives of our amazing student athletes but also the careers/financial stability of a lotta fine professionals within the department, is that acceptable to u?

colorado springs sr league hockey matters (as does house flipping)#
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/Ct4gSDCrRjs
ima gonna start participating in polls & filling out surveys on a go forward basis, here's a sample letter that will be very useful to the individual being evaluated:

dear yoga teacher,

how r u?

ima fine

i enjoy hearing you speak about ur life philosophies & also staring at your butt when ur not looking

shocky

p.s. it's not my fault i got kinda t-rex arms & can't do handstands or a lotta of the other **** ur teaching
Shocky1

max is not a good dad#
calumnus
Shocky1 said:

hare, it's actually the only poll i've ever responded to in my life

so where's the follow up article re: the poll results?

we got literally the most worser athletic director in the united states of america & its territories (including ibiza) & this site has failed to demand his termination

let's forget about the fans/donors for a minute, ok?...knowlton's mismanagement is literally affecting the lives of our amazing student athletes but also the careers/financial stability of a lotta fine professionals within the department, is that acceptable to u?

colorado springs sr league hockey matters (as does house flipping)#

There should be a law requiring California state employees making $1.3 million per year to reside and pay taxes in the state of California.
82gradDLSdad
Shocky1 said:

max is not a good dad#

Cal golf has faced hardship before. In 1977 I walked on to the team as I started school in the spring quarter. After a week of driving from SF to Berkeley to Boundary Oaks in Walnut Creek, practicing until dark, then driving back to SF to study I knew I'd flunk out if I tried to play. I told head coach/pro Bob Boldt that I had to quit. He told me to come back out for the team after the summer and he'd try to get me some scholarship money so I could live on campus. After the 1977 season Cal golf was cut. They came back as a club sport but I had lost interest. It appears that Cal golf has come back full circle and is now great. Cal will survive the Pac 12 destruction and thrive one way or another. There are too many people who care.
eastcoastcal
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

https://instagr.am/p/CrEHDvbPdHb
the monster made a post a month ago wondering why there aren't any interviews with james arthur knowlton, that post has since disappeared but no worries here are my questions & the responses from beth tafolla-voetsch the senior associate athletics director & chief development officer reprinted in their entirety (beth's answers are in italics)

question: I've been told my multiple major donors that Knowlton has been allegedly been told by Jennifer Simon-O'Neil that "for every dollar spent on men's basketball that a dollar needs to be spent on women's basketball," I'd like to get to the bottom of that misinterpretation of Title IX which is not shared by any other University in the nation.

answer: We need to invest in our men's basketball program and our commitment to gender equity won't impact our commitment to a successful men's basketball program. It should be noted, the law does not require us to spend the same amount of money but does require the experience of student-athletes to be equitable. We believe in gender equity and are committed to equitable experience for our student-athletes.

question: I'd also like to know if Jennifer Simon-O'Neil has signed off any academic silver bullet admissions for any incoming women's athletes during the last 5 years and if so how the compliance team is monitoring her potential engagements with those families to ensure there are no Varsity Blues repercussions.

answer: We would ask you to please reference the Cal Athletics Department Policy Manual that we shared with you last fall.

question: Would also like Markeisha Everett's marketing plans for Cal football and basketball, how come both programs are not making inroads in selling tickets with those without a Berkeley affiliation (particularly families) that are priced out of buying Golden State Warriors tixs and with the departure of the Oakland Raiders?

answer: Our pricing model for football and basketball is reflective of the market we are in and we have affordable tickets and payment plans for fans.

question: How are these 2 market share spaces being systematically pursued for season tix/gameday tixs selling opportunities?

answer: We continue to do market research and implement strategic plans to make us competitive in the market.

question: Why does she (Markeisha Everett) still got a 11 person communications team, can the coaches of these non revenue sports not write their own gameday reports which would allow this department to be rightsized to a couple of employees like her peer institutions that don't have Big 10 financed affluence?

answer: Our athletic communications staff has a myriad of duties in addition to writing game recaps and their work helps ensure our coaches can focus on our student-athletes.

question: Has Tom Lowry borrowed any funds either externally or internally from the University during the last year and if so what are the repayment terms for that debt?

answer: Yes, the department has. Please contact the Campus CFO to inquire about the repayment terms for the bridge loan we took from the campus in FY22.

further update: I've asked Beth for a one or two sentence response summarizing the total dollars that have been borrowed from the Central Campus.

question: Was Coach Charmin Smith's contract extended another year like other coaches due to COVID and when does her current contract expire?

answer: Yes all coaches including Coach Smith's contract was extended due to the pandemic.

question: What steps is the Athletic Department taking to reduce costs given the uncertainty of future revenue flow?

answer: We continue to monitor the changing landscape of college athletics and will continue to review and adapt when necessary. We are always looking for ways to increase revenue and hold down costs. Over the past three years, we have instituted hiring slowdowns, temporary pay reductions for coaches/staff, and reductions to sport and administrative operating budgets in order to balance revenue with expenses.

question: Will Knowlton consent to an interview with me?

answer:

as this transparent conversation indicates beth is an exemplary senior employee doing her best in a challenging work environment with both of the department's top 2 ranked bureaucrats currently under investigation by the chancellor's office which will hopefully result in their terminations & potentially even criminal charges

when the con artist & o'neil are walked to their cars, andrew mcgraw will be hired as the next athletic director to bring focus to the revenue sports of football & basketball while downsizing the currently financially unsustainable 30+ sports with beth tafolla-voetsch promoted to the #2 position within the department

the curse of the red baron (shut up, shocky)#
latest update: former air force employee/current athletic department cfo tom lowry is now refusing to share with me in a sentence or two the total amount borrowed by the athletic department during the 2022 fiscal year & the general terms of the repayment

i've made a public records request for this information & also emailed the cfo of the central campus with a carbon copy to lowry requesting this simple information that should less than a minute to share with me

at a time of declining conference revenues/future uncertainty & less projected future donations to the athletic department (dollars will instead flow nationwide to nil collectives) it is financially reckless that knowlton decided to borrow money that will never have the funding for repayment rather than address the real issues of 30+ financially unsustainable sports, non performing coaches like sam crosson & charmin smith and costly buyouts due to his mismanagement of fox's contract & bureaucratic bloat within the department

a tale of two cities:

in pullman they are recognizing the new financial realities & cutting costs as financially responsible stewards to ensure cougars sports can compete in the future

in berkeley the con artist & his trusted confidante "jenny" have instructed cfo tom lowry (former air force employee, his dislike of cal football is apparent within 5 minutes of speaking with him) to borrow money from the central campus which will never realistically be available for repayment (long after they've departed berkeley never to be seen again)

and that's why they are requiring me to submit public records requests, they do not want to transparently share with me (and by extension you) the debt that they are amassing in berkeley

and that's just ****** up

the good news is that the original munger redacted report is not favorable for knowlton & simon-o'neil, the current chancellor investigation into both of them will be grounds for their terminations...u can bookmark this prediction, ok?

the con artist with his $1,300,000+ salary is taking a page out of the larry scott career management playbook...he's not gonna cut any of his financially unsustainable 30+ sports or reduce his hot mess of lazy azz bureacrats, that's gonna be someone else's problem

cal's monster class exclusive update:

the cal athletic department has borrowed $11,000,000 from the central campus instead of cutting teams/rightsizing the internal bureaucracy

cfo tom lowry has responded to my public information requests with the following statement:

"In FY 22, Cal Athletics borrowed $11M from Central Campus to help offset short term revenue losses, and properly characterized the loan for NCCA and external audit reporting. Campus agreed to provide an $11M interest only/forgiveable loan (FY22), with a 29 year loan (FY22-FY51), interest/payment free for ten years (FY22-32), at a 3% interest rate."
good catch, coastie, ur financial studies in berkeley r transforming u into a high tech roots renaissance man in a non wall street bro kinda way so let's do lunch at bar pitti

a factor in the big 10's reluctance to offer cal now is the financial instability of the athletic department, setting aside memorial stadium debt which has been forgiven by christ, it's not a pro move to do biz with organizations that r sliding into bankruptcy, got it?

do u agree with cfo tom lowry's above statement that knowlton needed $11,000,000 to "help offset short term revenues losses?"
eastcoastcal
sometimes an organization needs a wake up call to get everything rightsized and the books in order, is something i learned in my financial accounting class last semester (which shocks suggested I take). hopefully these recent developments cause our athletic department to realize it doesn't make financial sense to keep 30+ sports, especially in a highly volatile and uncertain media future as the balance between linear and streaming is worked out. hopefully we can cut down our AD (both removing bloated bureaucratic salaries and financial drain sports) and focus on our revenue sports (football, mbb), and secure a solid conference spot
Shocky1

pga tour update: current rain delay in greensboro, north carolina (not sedona)

byeong hun an es en fuego rite now with birdies on the last 2 holes, at 18 under par with 4 holes to go & only 2 strokes behind glover & henley...let's ******* go, ben!

but then in a bizarro decision once again hits his driving iron (instead of a driver) on the par 5 15th hole for the 2nd day in a row narrowly escaping the lush bermuda ruff (read my last an post re: why this club choice strategy makes no sense)

michael kim just birdied the 15th with a 2 putt birdie, he's at 12 under & tied for 6th

justin thomas (who is a good guy, he took colin morikawa out to dinner during his 1st week on tour back in the day at the canadian open & coached him up on the finer points of traveling on the pga tour) just banged his chip shot off the 18th hole flagstick, he will miss the playoffs...this is a positive development however as it improves the odds of colin and/or honorary golden bear rickie fowler (thx to berkeley grad wifey allison) being selected (max homa is already a lock) to the september usa ryder cup team for the matches in italy

cal is a golf & yoga/meditation school (and if ur not interested in that u should quit reading the monster)#
Shocky1

mike meadows is now in the transfer portal, this has nothing to do with any conference **** but rather the changing direction of semi pro college athletics with hired players that really don't got any academic goals (jack plummer's biological dad tole me that the cert program required about an hour+ a day for his son who wuz 100% focused on his fb development) at the #1 ranked public university in the world plus competing skools still making nil offers (ncca oversite is as absentee as the athletic director) even after meadows wuz on campus in berkeley (this is an era of unlimited collegiate free agency)...mikey wanna get buckets & a lotta playing time that is realistically not available to him in berkeley during the upcoming season with a stacked roster of combo shooting guards/wings that can flat out (unlike last season) shoot the basketball including true freshman standout rodney brown (the player comparison is alan crabbe)

this is not cal's monster class#
Shocky1
byeong hun an finishes tied for 2nd place at 20 under par & michael kim with a closing birdie on the brutal 18th hole to finish tied for 5th at 13 under par

an made the switch from a conventional putter to the long broomstick before the scottish open & it's working marvelously, he's already one of the longest guys with the driver on the pga tour (6th in driving distance stats) & also got an elite short game (5th in scrambling stats) around the greens...ben is gonna join max & colin at the top of the world rankings on planet earth in the near future

ben is now ranked #57 in the world & michael is ranked #112, huge jumps in 2023 for them california golden bears

degrees r overrated#
Shocky1

cal's monster offensive line update: practice 4

cindo (#73) is the fearless indisputable leader of coach bloesch's trench workers, his pancake takedown of true freshman zurich ashford at the 3:00 minute mark is part of the o-line culture of "ground a pound"

1st look at matthew wykoff, he's been clearly well coached during his career, check out the yoga like bend/flexibility of #74 in the 1st set of drills for the 6'6" +1 athlete

good to see #76 bastian swinney back competing on the field

#71 sioape vatikani no longer looks like he's carrying during the 3rd trimester, my fellow poly bad azz looks cored out like a ******* nfl predator...no plays off this season, sioape, no plays off (listen to inky, do u got a non stop motor?)

#68 trent ramsey looks more sturdy than last season, #70 martin tine is a physical specimen at 6'6" 310 lbs & 6
8" 300 lbs #52 nick morrow still looks lean with a body that could still add another 25+ lbs of muscle in the cal s&c program

First Page Last Page
Page 131 of 285

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.