Go Goff!

33,132 Views | 277 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by golden sloth
calumnus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sonofabear51 said:

IMHO,. Lions heading to be the new power in then NFC North if not the NFC in a year or 2.

They have the Rams' #1 in the next draft (zin addition to their own).. Hopefully they use it to build around Goff and not on a QB.
Cal88
calumnus said:

sonofabear51 said:

IMHO,. Lions heading to be the new power in then NFC North if not the NFC in a year or 2.

They have the Rams' #1 in the next draft (zin addition to their own).. Hopefully they use it to build around Goff and not on a QB.

I think that's pretty much settled by now, Goff and the Lions have put aside their disastrous season start, going from a BDW to an up and coming NFC power with Goff at the helm.

The last game vs GB should be interesting, especially if Rodgers' broken thumb heals by then.

Updated playoffs picture:

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2022/12/18/23516041/updated-nfc-playoff-picture-detroit-lions-1-game-wild-card-race

The Detroit Lions took care of business on Sunday, even if it didn't come easy. With a hard-fought road win over the New York Jets, the Lions are now 7-7 and winners in six of their last seven games. They've seen their playoff odds jump from under two percent, now to over 40 percent

The Detroit Lions gained a full game on the Commanders and Seahawks this week, and are now within striking distance of surpassing both as soon as next Sunday. That's right, the Lions could be in control of their own destiny as soon as next week.

okaydo
rkt88edmo
philbert said:

bearister said:

Just stating facts. No editorializing.
Carr just tossed a Pic 6.

In fairness, Carr looked pretty good on last drive. Looks like unneeded "The Play" strategy didn't work out for Pats.
This is such a crazy ending. What were the Pats thinking?

lololololol "Stanford band nowhere in sight"
bipolarbear
okaydo said:

"Doing well is the best revenge."
bearister
….and…

…McVay is running out of scapegoats and now has to play the Mark Fox "injury card."
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
okaydo
Content like this is why I read the New York Post.

bearsandgiants
The hands strike again. Chilly weather and a fumbled snap on first and goal. Smh. Why can't it be easy? The Lions make SO many stupid mistakes. Their coach, or the players, or both, are somewhat moronic. They have heart though.
KoreAmBear
bearsandgiants said:

The hands strike again. Chilly weather and a fumbled snap on first and goal. Smh. Why can't it be easy? The Lions make SO many stupid mistakes. Their coach, or the players, or both, are somewhat moronic. They have heart though.
It would be a horrible way to end their playoff run against a garbage team.
golden sloth
KoreAmBear said:

bearsandgiants said:

It would be a horrible way to end their playoff run against a garbage team.

If they want to win the defense needs to make a stop.

4 touchdowns on drives of over 70 yards.
2 field goals.
2 pints this far.
bearsandgiants
Tons of missed tackles. Horrible penalties. And really, the momentum completely shifted when Goff muffed the snap. They immediately countered with a full drive touchdown so effectively a 14 point swing. It deflated the balloon. The defense gave up after that nonsense. This is a professional football team often playing like they're coached by Tom Holmoe. They don't have their heads in the game and it's on the bonehead coaching staff. Embarrassing.
golden sloth
bearsandgiants said:

Tons of missed tackles. Horrible penalties. And really, the momentum completely shifted when Goff muffed the snap. They immediately countered with a full drive touchdown so effectively a 14 point swing. It deflated the balloon. The defense gave up after that nonsense. This is a professional football team often playing like they're coached by Tom Holmoe. They don't have their heads in the game and it's on the bonehead coaching staff. Embarrassing.

I'm sorry are you blaming goff for the defense giving up 37 points? Because that makes no sense.

Momentum is not a thing because momentum can change with every play, it's just a question of whether or not you make a play. Every single snap is a chance to change momentum.
bearsandgiants
golden sloth said:

bearsandgiants said:

I'm sorry are you blaming goff for the defense giving up 37 points? Because that makes no sense.

Momentum is not a thing because momentum can change with every play, it's just a question of whether or not you make a play. Every single snap is a chance to change momentum.
in part, yes. they figure "what's the point of working our asses off if you're just going to fumble the ball away?" it's a childish attitude enabled by a weak coaching staff. it's not the only reason, but i would be willing to be if the lions score on that drive, they win the game, regardless of the 37 points. goff had a good game overall, and yes, the defense sucked, but so did the play calling on offense, the clock management in the second half, and the overall preparedness. this team wasn't pumped up for the game at all, and whatever spark they had was lost on that fumble. they probably all had visions of sugarplums in their heads, too, so ok to dismiss some of this. road games on the holdays are extra tough. they haven't looked great since the thanksgiving game, though, and if they don't step it up immediately, they won't be making the playoffs. another missed opportunity for a franchise whose only consistency is disappointment
KoreAmBear
bearsandgiants said:

golden sloth said:

bearsandgiants said:

in part, yes. they figure "what's the point of working our asses off if you're just going to fumble the ball away?" it's a childish attitude enabled by a weak coaching staff. it's not the only reason, but i would be willing to be if the lions score on that drive, they win the game, regardless of the 37 points. goff had a good game overall, and yes, the defense sucked, but so did the play calling on offense, the clock management in the second half, and the overall preparedness. this team wasn't pumped up for the game at all, and whatever spark they had was lost on that fumble. they probably all had visions of sugarplums in their heads, too, so ok to dismiss some of this. road games on the holdays are extra tough. they haven't looked great since the thanksgiving game, though, and if they don't step it up immediately, they won't be making the playoffs. another missed opportunity for a franchise whose only consistency is disappointment
Sounds like a college football program we follow.
bearister
Goff threw for 355 yards; 3 TDs; 0 INT

Goff got Sonny Dyked by the D giving up 37 points.

GoBears89
Another solid week for Goff....

21/29 for 255 yards. 3 TD, 0 INT. 133.5 QBR

The Lions may be my new favorite NFL team....
bearister
KoreAmBear
bearister said:

Today vs Bears

255 yards; 3 TD; 0 INT; 133.5 RTG

GO GOFF! GO CAL BEARS!

He's way more comfortable at home
bearister
GoBears89 said:

Another solid week for Goff....

21/29 for 255 yards. 3 TD, 0 INT. 133.5 QBR

The Lions may be my new favorite NFL team....

They are mine. It was tough when the Rams wore that title. Thank God they f'ed him and traded him. Love Chargers too because of Herbert. Will root for Raiders anytime Chase plays.

*Good News/Bad News NFL RedZone:
Good News is I get to monitor Lions and Charger games;
Bad News is RedZone induces TV psychosis with rapid editing and ever changing color/play by play announcers and no commercials to stop the madness for a couple of minutes.
cal83dls79
Kicking ass. I'd love fi fo back on the Jack asses here
Priest of the Patty Hearst Shrine
okaydo
Damnit. They're probably goi g to make Packers vs Lions the final game of the season,
BearSD
okaydo said:

Damnit. They're probably goi g to make Packers vs Lions the final game of the season,
They might.

Lions will still need help in addition to needing a win over the Packers. If the Seahawks and Packers win today, and it looks like they will, then all three teams are 8-8.
Then, a Packers win next weekend puts Green Bay in the playoffs, because they would have a better conference record than the Seahawks. If Lions and Seahawks both win, Seahawks go to the playoffs because of their win over the Lions earlier this season. The Seahawks will be at home next weekend vs. the Rams, who have only one win all season away from SoFi.
heartofthebear
BearSD said:

okaydo said:

They might.

Lions will still need help in addition to needing a win over the Packers. If the Seahawks and Packers win today, and it looks like they will, then all three teams are 8-8.
Then, a Packers win next weekend puts Green Bay in the playoffs, because they would have a better conference record than the Seahawks. If Lions and Seahawks both win, Seahawks go to the playoffs because of their win over the Lions earlier this season. The Seahawks will be at home next weekend vs. the Rams, who have only one win all season away from SoFi.

I was just going to post the same thing. It's one thing to beat the Packers at Lambeau now that GB and the Packers have momentum. It's another thing to expect the horrible Rams to win up in Seattle where even the best teams have trouble winning. I expect that Green Bay will be the 7th seed.
Econ141
Goff has to be "Comeback player of the year"
okaydo
KoreAmBear
Lions blew it against the Bills at home then laying an egg at Carolina. Otherwise they have had a nice run since starting 1-6. Let's go Jared!
okaydo
Goff is 3-2 vs.Rodgers, by the way.
bearsandgiants
Tad ironic that Goff will be rooting for the Rams this weekend.
okaydo
Goff at Cal:

Year 1: Disaster
Year 2: Vastly improved
Year 3: Win Bowl game

Goff at Rams:

Year 3: Super Bowl

Goff at Lions

Year 3:

oski003
okaydo said:

Goff at Cal:

Year 3: Win Bowl game

Goff at Rams:

Year 3: Super Bowl

Goff at Lions

Year 3:

Wolf -> Dragon -> Bear. Power Up!
okaydo
There is hope Goff won't play in Limbaugh in primetime.

okaydo
Econ141 said:

Goff has to be "Comeback player of the year"

Goff's stats compared to last year are improved, but not dramatically different..

His completion percentage is lower, he went from 8 to 7 interceptions and has 10 more TD passes.
okaydo
Too bad Mooch's son didn't do this next week.

BearSD
okaydo said:

There is hope Goff won't play in Limbaugh in primetime.

Seattle homers keep making this argument that it would be unfair for Rams-Seahawks to be played first, but from the Lions' point of view, the whole situation is unfair to the Lions.

Seattle is playing a Rams team that has absolutely no reason to try hard to win. You think Sean McVay is going to try hard to win, and help Jared Goff make it to the playoffs? No way. At best, there will be a bare minimum of effort to avoid accusations that the Rams didn't even try.
sonofabear51
Seattle/LA at 1:25
Detroit/GB at 515

https://www.espn.com/nfl/schedule/_/week/18/year/2022/seasontype/2
Start Slowly and taper off

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.