Go Goff!

33,144 Views | 277 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by golden sloth
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
okaydo
KoreAmBear
okaydo said:

I'm proud that Jared is a Cal alum and played football for us. He is such a quality guy. I am expecting a Pro Bowl type season. I've become a Lions fan.
bearister
Tough opener for Goff & Co. At KC, everyone's Power Rank #1 -4.5.
Betting against Mahomes is almost always folly.
Hopefully Goff lights it up and makes it a barn burner.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bearister
"Goff was 24 of 34 for 278 yards, throwing five touchdown passes for the first time since 2018 when he played for the Rams, and didn't have a turnover. He joined Houston's C.J. Stroud as the only QBs to throw for five TDs in a game this season."AP News
okaydo
bearister said:

"Goff was 24 of 34 for 278 yards, throwing five touchdown passes for the first time since 2018 when he played for the Rams, and didn't have a turnover. He joined Houston's C.J. Stroud as the only QBs to throw for five TDs in a game this season."AP News
Vikings lose. Packers lose.

Cowboys losing. What a weekend for Goff, who I learned today owns 3 houses in the South Bay beach cities.

okaydo
bear2034
okaydo said:

This is an amazing stat. Some of the greats retired during this period and others sat out inured but still...
golden sloth
bear2034 said:

okaydo said:

This is an amazing stat. Some of the greats retired during this period and others sat out inured but still...

It's also a testament to his toughness that he has been starting since 2017 and only missed a handful of games. Breaking his thumb and playing a few weeks after surgery and playing in the cold of flambeau is gutsy as hell.
okaydo
Goff vs. Stafford

Either Goff is going to have one of the greatest days of his life or one of the worse days.
bearister
okaydo said:

Goff vs. Stafford

Either Goff is going to have one of the greatest days of his life or one of the worse days.

When you get old you lose the passion that you had when you were younger. As a young guy I would be p@issed for 2 or 3 days if Cal lost an important game (hoop or football) or the Raiders did. I haven't felt like that for many years.

With that said, if that jelled faux hawk weasel McVay beats Goff and the Lions, I WILL BE P@ISSED OFF FOR A MONTH!

*Carr lucked out that the Packers win eliminated NO from the playoffs. Otherwise you would have seen the boy who threw for 4 TD today, sh@it the bed in the first playoff game and preserve his legacy of never winning a playoff game.
golden sloth
It's hard to know what would have happened in the SF - LA game, but the ref's failure in the Lions - Cowboys game last week definitely cost the lions the 2 seed (and an easier GB matchup) and might have cost them the 1-seed and a bye week.

I'd just like the NFL to acknowledge the ref made an error, and for the company line of 'it's the player's responsibility to know the ref knows you are eligible' to die on the stupidity branch, because the refs actions are not the responsibility of the player and I'm tired of people always blaming the players.
okaydo
golden sloth said:

It's hard to know what would have happened in the SF - LA game, but the ref's failure in the Lions - Cowboys game last week definitely cost the lions the 2 seed (and an easier GB matchup) and might have cost them the 1-seed and a bye week.

I'd just like the NFL to acknowledge the ref made an error, and for the company line of 'it's the player's responsibility to know the ref knows you are eligible' to die on the stupidity branch, because the refs actions are not the responsibility of the player and I'm tired of people always blaming the players.

I would rather the Lions play Green Bay, but I feel that the Lions aren't great against NFC North opponents, even though they won 4-2 this season.
golden sloth
okaydo said:

golden sloth said:

I would rather the Lions play Green Bay, but I feel that the Lions aren't great against NFC North opponents, even though they won 4-2 this season.

I feel too much bad juju gets resurrected with the Goff - McVay / Stafford - Detroit storylines. I'd also rather go against a qb making their first playoff appearance than a grizzled veteran. I'd rather Goff not have to worry about Aaron Donald. Finally, the Rams have been on a pretty good hot streak the last half of the season.
bearister
"…. the Rams have been on a pretty good hot streak the last half of the season.."

…making them overdue for a loss. A pox on their house!
Oski87
golden sloth said:

okaydo said:

golden sloth said:

I feel too much bad juju gets resurrected with the Goff - McVay / Stafford - Detroit storylines. I'd also rather go against a qb making their first playoff appearance than a grizzled veteran. I'd rather Goff not have to worry about Aaron Donald. Finally, the Rams have been on a pretty good hot streak the last half of the season.

I think Goff had more playoff wins than the Tams QB.
okaydo
Oski87 said:

golden sloth said:

okaydo said:

golden sloth said:

No. Stafford is 4-3. Goff is 2-3.

Stafford's 4 wins come from the Rams Super Bowl run.

Goff's playoff history:

Loses to the Falcons in his second season.

Beats the Cowboys and Saints in his third season and loses to the Patriots in the Super Bowl.

Loses to the Packers in final game with the Rams in his fifth season. (John Wolford started the previous game against the Seahawks and gets the win, even though Goff won that game.)
okaydo
WalterSobchak
okaydo said:

LOL. One rebuilt a dumpster fire into a contender and the other got handed the keys to an elite team and rode it down to mediocre. Total parity.
Please give to Cal Legends at https://calegends.com/donation/ and encourage everyone you know who loves Cal sports to do it too.

To be in the Top 1% of all NIL collectives we only need around 3% of alumni to give $100/mo. OR 6% to give $50/mo. Please help spread the word. "If we don't broaden this base we're dead." - Sebastabear
bear2034
Matt Stafford watched a reporter who was talking to him fall off the stage and did nothing to help her.
golden sloth
okaydo said:

Oski87 said:

golden sloth said:

okaydo said:

golden sloth said:

No. Stafford is 4-3. Goff is 2-3.

Stafford's 4 wins come from the Rams Super Bowl run.

Goff's playoff history:

Loses to the Falcons in his second season.

Beats the Cowboys and Saints in his third season and loses to the Patriots in the Super Bowl.

Loses to the Packers in final game with the Rams in his fifth season. (John Wolford started the previous game against the Seahawks and gets the win, even though Goff won that game.)

There is no way in hell I'm giving the quarterback that played a drive and a half and scored no points the win in that Rams / Seahawks game.
calumnus
WalterSobchak said:

okaydo said:

LOL. One rebuilt a dumpster fire into a contender and the other got handed the keys to an elite team and rode it down to mediocre. Total parity.

Exactly. An upward sloping line and a downward sloping line average the same, so they are the same!
okaydo
okaydo
oski003
calumnus said:

WalterSobchak said:

okaydo said:

Exactly. An upward sloping line and a downward sloping line average the same, so they are the same!

Stafford is a very good quarterback, elite when healthy. Goff is a very good quarteback. However, Goff has benefited by the Lions rebuild brought on by several early first round picks because of their lack of success before and after Goff arrived. Stafford is rolling with a few veterans and third (Kupp) and fifth round picks (Puka Kyren).
sketchy9
EDIT: nvm
WalterSobchak
oski003 said:

calumnus said:

WalterSobchak said:

okaydo said:

Stafford is a very good quarterback, elite when healthy. Goff is a very good quarteback. However, Goff has benefited by the Lions rebuild brought on by several early first round picks because of their lack of success before and after Goff arrived. Stafford is rolling with a few veterans and third (Kupp) and fifth round picks (Puka Kyren).
Jaquiski Tartt
Please give to Cal Legends at https://calegends.com/donation/ and encourage everyone you know who loves Cal sports to do it too.

To be in the Top 1% of all NIL collectives we only need around 3% of alumni to give $100/mo. OR 6% to give $50/mo. Please help spread the word. "If we don't broaden this base we're dead." - Sebastabear
okaydo
oski003 said:

calumnus said:

WalterSobchak said:

okaydo said:

Like I always say, Goff keeps stumbling onto teams that start off as disasters and end up being pretty good. He's like the Forrest Gump of the NFL. He's so lucky.
oski003
okaydo said:

oski003 said:

calumnus said:

WalterSobchak said:

okaydo said:

Like I always say, Goff keeps stumbling onto teams that start off as disasters and end up being pretty good. He's like the Forrest Gump of the NFL. He's so lucky.

He is a very good quarterback. Stafford is better. That is all. Goff developed and started getting very good around the time his supporting cast did. The Lions are a good team. It will be a good game this weekend. The Lions had the 12th overall, the 18th overall, and 35th pick this year, and they selected a dynamic RB and excellent tight end. 2022 they drafted 2nd and 12th, getting a wr who slid because he was hurt last year. 2021 they drafted a LT 7th overall. Solid picks.
bencgilmore
I may be a nominal Rams fan but lets go Jared!
72CalBear
bencgilmore said:

I may be a nominal Rams fan but lets go Jared!
I've lived in So Cal just about all my life except when at Cal. I despise the Rams for lots of reasons (one being the way the team and the fans treated Jared) and so want him and the Lions to shut them the F up.
Cal88
I'd give the Rams some credit for having traded up to snap Goff as the top draft pick.
golden sloth
Cal88 said:

I'd give the Rams some credit for having traded up to snap Goff as the top draft pick.

With the game earlier today, I think the 'Goff was a bust crowd' has finally breathed their last breath. It was a small group still remaining, but his body of work speaks for itself. He is near the top of the league in yards, touchdowns, completions, and has lead two different teams deep into the playoffs. He might not a generational talent like Brady or Rodgers, but the dude ain't no bust.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.