Hey Dodgers Fans

1,006,061 Views | 5504 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Big C
dimitrig
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GMP said:

dimitrig said:

GMP said:

Will the Dodgers end May above .500?

Some of their biggest problems right now are on offense and we KNOW they can straighten that out.

The bullpen has been shaky but part of that is because of injuries.

When their bats come alive again (Betts and Seager in particular) a lot of the hand-wringing will be put to rest.

I agree they will turn it around. But 4-14 in any stretch from a team that talented is shockingly bad.

Also, no Bellinger...

sycasey
I think that's enough games. Maybe we can just start the playoffs right now.
GMP
oski003 said:

He is 26. Bitter much? Yes, all of the guys I named have the potential to be MVP caliber.

Gavin Lux is the number two prospect in ALL OF BASEBALL, you moron.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mlb.com/amp/news/ranking-2020-mlb-rookies-by-future-value.html

Let's check in on young Lux, shall we?

OPS+ of 45. lollllllllll.
HighlandDutch
Don't be so hard on the Dodgers. They're only one game out of the second wild-card spot.
71Bear
HighlandDutch said:

Don't be so hard on the Dodgers. They're only one game out of the second wild-card spot.
The seven games between SF and LA at the end of May will give us a clue re: whether LA's struggles are for real and, of course, whether the Giants will be a contender.
GMP
GMP said:

oski003 said:

He is 26. Bitter much? Yes, all of the guys I named have the potential to be MVP caliber.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mlb.com/amp/news/ranking-2020-mlb-rookies-by-future-value.html

About time.
oski003
GMP said:

oski003 said:

down by two bottom of 8th, Lux hits a Game winning 3 run homer. He is 23, and it was like his 80th at bat on the season. He will be fine. Tonight's game raised his batting average almost 20 points
GMP
oski003 said:

GMP said:

oski003 said:

down by two bottom of 8th, Lux hits a Game winning 3 run homer. He is 23, and it was like his 80th at bat on the season. He will be fine. Tonight's game raised his batting average almost 20 points

He might be. But I was reading some stats about him and it's not good. That home run was big, but he does not hit the ball hard almost ever.

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/savant-player/gavin-lux-666158?stats=statcast-r-hitting-mlb

There are some very worrisome numbers in there. Frankly, I was hoping he'd show the Dodgers juuuuuust enough this year that they'd let Seager walk in the offseason. But I don't think he's going to show them, so I think they re-sign Seager for big dollars.
dimitrig
GMP said:

oski003 said:

GMP said:

oski003 said:

He might be. But I was reading some stats about him and it's not good. That home run was big, but he does not hit the ball hard almost ever.

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/savant-player/gavin-lux-666158?stats=statcast-r-hitting-mlb

There are some very worrisome numbers in there. Frankly, I was hoping he'd show the Dodgers juuuuuust enough this year that they'd let Seager walk in the offseason. But I don't think he's going to show them, so I think they re-sign Seager for big dollars.

On the plus side, he's one of the few Dodgers playing good defense.

oski003
GMP said:

oski003 said:

GMP said:

oski003 said:

Lux 2-4 tonight with a ribby. The pitchers must be throwing where he is swinging.
okaydo
bonsallbear
Gavin hit it hard enough last night. The ship seems to have been straightened out.
dimitrig
bonsallbear said:

Gavin hit it hard enough last night. The ship seems to have been straightened out.

Sucks to have lost Seager now for a while...

And PUJOLS! PUJOLS!?

He is a shell of himself but still hits LEFT handers pretty well.

oski003
Gavin Lux 2-4 last night in a Dodger victory at SF. He has moved his batting average up 35 points since being bashed by a fantasy baseball player. Time to add him to your roster?
Chapman_is_Gone
Nobody cares, brah. But there are lots of baseball boards where people might be interested.
oski003
Muncy Cove?
GMP
KenBurnski
Don't hold out on us, my dude. Give us more insight into the Dodgers and Lux!
bonsallbear
Soooooo..... GMP are you a Lux believer yet?
GMP
bonsallbear said:

Hot week, no doubt. As I said, I'd love him to show just enough to make the Dodgers let Seager go. This is perfect.
bonsallbear
It remains to be seen if the Dodgers can afford to keep Seager; however, Lux plays second base.
Giants can exact revenge in a couple of days.
dimitrig
GMP said:

bonsallbear said:

Hot week, no doubt. As I said, I'd love him to show just enough to make the Dodgers let Seager go. This is perfect.

What was perfect was the Dodgers sweeping the Giants after some SF fans wondered if they would finish May above .500 and in particular bashed Gavin Lux who has mashed 2 grand slams in a week!

philbert
this is a legit take from a SF beat writer

sycasey
philbert said:

this is a legit take from a SF beat writer

The Giants are way ahead of schedule in being competitive this year. The farm system should start bearing fruit soon after, and then we'll see what they've been building.
bonsallbear
I agree but I think it will take more than 2 years to bring the starting rotation up to snuff. Barring injuries, the Dodgers will have Buehler, May, Gonsolin, Urias, and Bauer around for a few years. Smith, Barnes, Lux, Seager, Rios, Bellinger, Taylor, Muncy, and Betts are all young enough to play together for a few years as well.
philbert
bonsallbear said:

I agree but I think it will take more than 2 years to bring the starting rotation up to snuff. Barring injuries, the Dodgers will have Buehler, May, Gonsolin, Urias, and Bauer around for a few years. Smith, Barnes, Lux, Seager, Rios, Bellinger, Taylor, Muncy, and Betts are all young enough to play together for a few years as well.
The real question for LA is how big of a payroll are they willing to shell out? They are way over $250M this year.
Bauer can opt out and Seager is a FA. Kershaw, Jansen, and Taylor are too. Taylor probably walks, but what about franchise icon Kershaw? Bellinger and Buehler are also due for big contracts in the coming years. Yes, they have lots of cheap talent. But how many $20-30M+/year contracts can they have?
89Bear
philbert said:

bonsallbear said:

The real question for LA is how big of a payroll are they willing to shell out? They are way over $250M this year.
Bauer can opt out and Seager is a FA. Kershaw, Jansen, and Taylor are too. Taylor probably walks, but what about franchise icon Kershaw? Bellinger and Buehler are also due for big contracts in the coming years. Yes, they have lots of cheap talent. But how many $20-30M+/year contracts can they have?
As long as the current ownership is in charge, they will do what it takes to win big.
oski003
GMP said:

bonsallbear said:

FYI, you can commemorate the Dodgers World Series Championship by taking advantage of the buy 1 get 1 free jersey offer.

https://cfbproducts.com/collections/dodgers-bogo
GMP
oski003 said:

GMP said:

bonsallbear said:

FYI, you can commemorate the Dodgers World Series Championship by taking advantage of the buy 1 get 1 free jersey offer.

https://cfbproducts.com/collections/dodgers-bogo

Just like the championship, the shirt is worth half.
Big C

Damn, I just had some choice remarks about the scum-sucking Dodgers, but I mistakenly posted them on the "Hey CHANTICLEERS Fans" thread...
sycasey
3 of 4 in L.A. Nice revenge series.
GMP
dimitrig said:

GMP said:

bonsallbear said:

What was perfect was the Dodgers sweeping the Giants after some SF fans wondered if they would finish May above .500 and in particular bashed Gavin Lux who has mashed 2 grand slams in a week!

Fun to revisit this. Also perfect was the Giants taking 3 or 4 in L.A., with young Lux going 2 for 20 since you got harder than a diamond over his one hot week. More than that, I loved watching the Giants throw their right handed line out there and pound Mr. May so badly I thought it was October.
oski003
GMP said:

dimitrig said:

GMP said:

bonsallbear said:

Fun to revisit this. Also perfect was the Giants taking 3 or 4 in L.A., with young Lux going 2 for 20 since you got harder than a diamond over his one hot week. More than that, I loved watching the Giants throw their right handed line out there and pound Mr. May so badly I thought it was October.

I am loving this! Lux only went 1-4 yesterday, so that means the Dodgers will likely resign Seager. This could not have worked out better.
chazzed
oski003 said:

GMP said:

dimitrig said:

GMP said:

bonsallbear said:

I am loving this! Lux only went 1-4 yesterday, so that means the Dodgers will likely resign Seager. This could not have worked out better.

Lux hit two HRs yesterday. Looks like his "one hot week" included a game well after that week.
sycasey
I can't believe it's June 1st and the Giants have the best record in the National League.

Maybe they're getting lucky, but unlike other teams that usually manage this with a not-so-impressive roster they aren't getting lucky in one-run games or something. Their run differential is at least in the same realm as that of the Dodgers and Padres (slightly worse, but close). The underlying metrics are pretty good. They're actually winning by playing well.

Maybe it doesn't keep up for the whole season, but it appears the record isn't some massive fluke.
First Page Last Page
Page 133 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.