Game Thread: Cal versus Unribbed because they don't even care about her pleasure

74,362 Views | 1028 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by going4roses
GivemTheAxe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
socaltownie said:

This so far isn't on BB. It is the lack of speed and USC is putting _11_ guys within like 8 yards of the LOS on the first down play in the last series. I honestly dont know what they are supposed to do.

In general I have not had a problem with the play calling all season. The problems are in the execution primarily the Oline and the
QB. Is that his fault. To some extent yes. To a large extent it is a recruiting problem.
JSC 76
Troll On You Bears said:

metabear said:

What shall be the penalty to the BI posters who threw the towel in during the first quarter?
I'll admit I threw in the towel a bit at the end of the second quarter. So glad we gutted it out. Our offense remains very disturbing but getting the SC monkey off our back can't be understated. Go Bears.
When we were down 14-0 I said "We're hosed. No way this offense can score 14." And I was right ... they scored 13. But thanks to the D that's all we needed.
Another Bear
This is an odd one but Cal OWNS Pac12 After Dark...Bad AQ fire season edition.

Last year WSU at CMS, this year U$C and LA Coliseum.
sycasey
JSC 76 said:

Troll On You Bears said:

metabear said:

What shall be the penalty to the BI posters who threw the towel in during the first quarter?
I'll admit I threw in the towel a bit at the end of the second quarter. So glad we gutted it out. Our offense remains very disturbing but getting the SC monkey off our back can't be understated. Go Bears.
When we were down 14-0 I said "We're hosed. No way this offense can score 14." And I was right ... they scored 13. But thanks to the D that's all we needed.

And both TDs were set up by short fields, thanks to the defense.
510 Bear
Another Bear said:

Well, I wouldn't exactly root for more fires, but maybe we can light a bunch of tires on fire near CMS before the Big Game, then put it all out afterwards.
HoopDreams

cal83dls79
NYCGOBEARS said:

UrsusTexicanus said:

01Bear said:

ColoradoBear said:

i'm outta beer. if we get a stop ima break out the 18 year scotch.

go D.

Yup, the Bears drive Cal fans to drink.
And the liquor stores in Texas are closed by now. Crap!!!

What the hell? Are you guys rookies? First time?
try living in rural Maine. No blue laws like Texas but they control licenses here wicked bad
01Bear
Another Bear said:

Big Game bonfire effect?
GivemTheAxe
socaltownie said:

BB is a genius ;-)

BB is a genius when the players execute the play called, When the line blocks, the QBmakes the throw and the WR hangs onto the ball
bear2034
calumnus said:

Playaction, rolling Garbers out with a run option, McMorris on the block outside....THIS is what we should have been doing all year!
No doubt about it. BB should let Garbers roll out once in awhile.
calumnus
oskirules said:

calumnus said:

Playaction, rolling Garbers out with a run option, McMorris on the block outside....THIS is what we should have been doing all year!
No doubt about it. BB should let Garbers roll out once in awhile.

With Garbers as a threat to run, moving him outside the pocket after a faking the handoff to Laird opens everything upif the WRs are defended the run should be wide open.
TheFiatLux
ajm9191 said:

Hardly any Cal fans at the Colisuem today. I can recall going to USC games as a kid and the USC Cal games as being one of the more evenly split crowds (this was the early aughts). I really wanted revel in this one, kept my celebration to a sh*t-eating grin and a Go Bears! to anyone wearing Cal gear I could spot.

Where were you sitting? I thought the official Cal rooting section was smaller than normal and I was sort of surprised there weren't many students there, but I think that's what happens when the conference destroys tradition and basically kept an entire generation+ of Cal students from having a true LA weekend game. Think about it, the last time Cal played USC or UCLA on a Saturday in LA was in 2013!! a 1/2 decade of students not doing the 1-5 road trip and eventually institutional memory, habit, tradition all get eroded.

Having said that, we sat on the 50 about 2/3rds the way up behind the Cal bench. We were impressed with how many Cal fans there were throughout the good seats (something that Cal fans would be *****ing about at Memorial if it were SC fans) and around the enclosed endzone.
TandemBear
oskidunker said:

Amazing. Glad I didn't turn it off!
Didn't 1982 teach us to NEVER, EVER leave or turn off a Cal game before 00:00???

(My first Cal game in person, so I learned early!)
B.A. Bearacus
Wilcox has good Naked Gun umpire moves.

going4roses
Well he is from that era... those movies were wild

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.