Game Thread: Cal versus Unribbed because they don't even care about her pleasure

74,828 Views | 1028 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by going4roses
kirklandblue
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Breaks way overdue to go our way. We are going to do this.
Econ141
GoOoOoOoOoBears! said:

LunchTime said:

GoOoOoOoOoBears! said:

Why go deep like that? Hoping for a PI or holding call? It's just so damn low probability
force them to play outside 10 yards from scrimmage.

If we don't throw deep, even 0% passes, they do what Washington State did, and keep 9 inside 5 yards, and 11 inside 10 yards. Then Cal fans complain the run game isn't good enough.
Honest question - do very low probability passes that haven't come close all year loosen up defenses? Don't they have to work every now and then to be effective in that regard?

Baldwin goes by feel and he always thinks it's going to work. That is the definition of crazy.
upsetof86
Troll On You Bears said:

We coached up the D

Nobody's coaching up the O

Changes need to be made

Yep. To put it simply...they are big timing us. Where are our coaches ??????????????
LunchTime
GoOoOoOoOoBears! said:

LunchTime said:

GoOoOoOoOoBears! said:

Why go deep like that? Hoping for a PI or holding call? It's just so damn low probability

If we don't throw deep, even 0% passes, they do what Washington State did, and keep 9 inside 5 yards, and 11 inside 10 yards. Then Cal fans complain the run game isn't good enough.
Honest question - do very low probability passes that haven't come close all year loosen up defenses? Don't they have to work every now and then to be effective in that regard?
not doing it is zero % effective.

What is a better strategy? Do nothing v do something

If you don't do it, they will all cram the box and you won't move the ball at all. If you do try, they might now. 1% > 0%
blungld
We ran Laird on 1st down. Interesting.

"The Bear will not quilt, the Bear will not dye!"
KenBurnski
I like you kb. I feel very awful about it. But I appreciate you.
calumnus
fat_slice said:

Well we are going to need 10 points to win so we are pretty much ex screwed now.

If we get too far behind and don't score a TD in 3 quarters Baldwin will put McIkwain in so the fans can blame McIlwain for the loss.
blungld
The difference in the games right now is the refs. Disgusting.

01Bear
We need a new QB. Garbers has no accuracy.
upsetof86
I think BB is gone end of season , new HC job or whatever. But he is,gone. Dude is not up to the task.
GoOoOoOoOoBears!
LunchTime said:

GoOoOoOoOoBears! said:

LunchTime said:

GoOoOoOoOoBears! said:

Doing it has a negative effect. We waste a down for jack squat benefit. I disagree with you. If they are utterly ineffective then they don't loosen up the defense.
LunchTime
calumnus said:

fat_slice said:

Well we are going to need 10 points to win so we are pretty much ex screwed now.

If we get too far behind and don't score a TD in 3 quarters Baldwin will put McIkwain in so the fans can blame McIlwain for the loss.
That isn't what people have blamed him for.
oursdor
touchdownbears43 said:

Update - BB is terrible
we're quickly transitioning from BB is terrible to retaining BB is a serious mark against as Wilcox as a HC
bearsandgiants
01Bear said:

He has one long overthrow and that's about it. He's done fine. That last one was a perfect lead pass that was simply dropped.
bearister
calumnus said:

fat_slice said:

Good point, Mr. McIlwain.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
socaltownie
This so far isn't on BB. It is the lack of speed and USC is putting _11_ guys within like 8 yards of the LOS on the first down play in the last series. I honestly dont know what they are supposed to do.
upsetof86
Let's be clear.

Clay Helton as acting OC for USC is out-coaching BB.

Period.
kirklandblue
Just stick with me, it's gonna work.
NYCGOBEARS
We need some Deltha O'Neil action, quick.
Skeedabear
fat_slice said:

GoOoOoOoOoBears! said:

LunchTime said:

GoOoOoOoOoBears! said:

Baldwin goes by feel and he always thinks it's going to work. That is the definition of crazy.
And he does the same thing over and over expecting different results...the definition of insanity.
LunchTime
GoOoOoOoOoBears! said:

LunchTime said:

GoOoOoOoOoBears! said:

LunchTime said:

GoOoOoOoOoBears! said:

Doing it has a negative effect. We waste a down for jack squat benefit. I disagree with you. If they are utterly ineffective then they don't loosen up the defense.
Well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
LunchTime
NYCGOBEARS said:

We need some Deltha O'Neil action, quick.
the good old days.
01Bear
bearsandgiants said:

01Bear said:

He has one long overthrow and that's about it. He's done fine. That last one was a perfect lead pass that was simply dropped.

His receiver was wide open. He somehow missed his receiver's hands. Maybe Jeremiah Hawkins wasn't expecting the ball to fo to him (though I find that hard to believe given that he was safety valve on the play).
ColoradoBear
oh hell yeah. slide initiate before line to gain. exactly as it happend.

good replay ref, you get a cookie.
packawana
upsetof86 said:

Let's be clear.

Period.

I mean it's Clay's offense. He also used to be USC's OC so it's not like he doesn't know how to do this.
blungld
How about Brendan in the backfield on a few plays? How about him in the slot?How about some designed QB draws? How about something unexpected?

TheSouseFamily
We can blame Garbers and McIlwain all we want but not even Goff or Rodgers is gonna do anything with these OL and WR units.
KenBurnski
I can't wait for 3 hours from now when I'm consoling KAB in some humorously and accurately titled thread and we talk about chill topics like hash oil and beers.
bearsandgiants
upsetof86 said:

Let's be clear.

Period.

It should be 7-7 if they are going to allow holding. It should be 0-0 if they aren't. It's 7-0 because they are calling holding on us and not on $c.
calumnus
oursdor said:

touchdownbears43 said:

Update - BB is terrible
we're quickly transitioning from BB is terrible to retaining BB is a serious mark against as Wilcox as a HC

Baldwin was terrible last year. I get that we don't have a lot of playmakers, but you have to have a logical plan for using what you have. If you have dominant playmakers you can be predictable, but if you don't you absolutely cannot be.
westcoast101
This USC team isn't good, there's no crowd, and all of their fans want their coach fired. If we are ever going to beat them, tonight is the night.
GoOoOoOoOoBears!
LunchTime said:

GoOoOoOoOoBears! said:

LunchTime said:

GoOoOoOoOoBears! said:

LunchTime said:

GoOoOoOoOoBears! said:

Well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
A great quote! I now concede the discussion! The Big Lebowski rocked!
LunchTime
01Bear said:

bearsandgiants said:

01Bear said:

His receiver was wide open. He somehow missed his receiver's hands. Maybe Jeremiah Hawkins wasn't expecting the ball to fo to him (though I find that hard to believe given that he was safety valve on the play).
Ok dude.. lol
GoOoOoOoOoBears!
Great run Garbers except for the end. Though he looked down to me.
KenBurnski
We should punt on first down

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.