Game Thread: Cal versus Unribbed because they don't even care about her pleasure

74,843 Views | 1028 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by going4roses
calumnus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
LunchTime said:

510 Bear said:

Skeedabear said:

I've got to believe that JW will give BB an absolute earful at halftime.. he has to realize a change needs to be made with the OC!
LOL. That's how normal college FB programs work. This is Cal. BB probably has a job for life.
that's how zero programs work unless they are in their last year.

I can't imagine where coaches arguing or "giving and earful" is going to turn out better.

This is like people who think coaches go into the locker room and berate a team for poor play and then see some magical turnaround.

Agreed. Only coaches who have no answers berate the players. If Baldwin can't figure out how to run an offense getting yelled it will not increase his IQ
NYCGOBEARS
Sonny cursed us on the way out.
NYCGOBEARS
At least we're not Rutgers?
oldblue83
Sonny cursed us when we hired him. There was no need to curse us on the way out.....
KenBurnski
And where the F is the Strong family!
blungld
Aside from one screen pass, i have seen just one conservative expected call play after play. How do you not have a couple tricks, a few shots with Davis or Brendan in the slot...why is Morris so wasted?

"The Bear will not quilt, the Bear will not dye!"
blungld
This defense deserves better.

"The Bear will not quilt, the Bear will not dye!"
JimSox
Any word on the absence of Wharton?
packawana
blungld said:

Aside from one screen pass, i have seen just one conservative expected call play after play. How do you not have a couple tricks, a few shots with Davis or Brendan in the slot...why is Morris so wasted?
I mean, we can't really just put Davis or McIlwain in there if they don't really know how to play that position. Ashtyn did start out a receiver but can Ashtyn catch a ball?
HoopDreams
is it right that we only have 69 yards of offense and a fumble?
Bear_Territory
Honest question...do we even have enough talent on offense to make any OC not look bad?
ColoradoBear
01Bear said:

Why is Baldwin still the OC at Cal?

Cuz with this staff we'd need a different OC to finish the season and Hue Jackson said no last week.
510 Bear
blungld said:

This defense deserves better.
It's nothing short of remarkable that they've played this hard for so long this season under hopeless conditions (as in an offense so bad the D has to pitch near-shutouts for Cal to win).
calumnus
packawana said:

blungld said:

I mean, we can't really just put Davis or McIlwain in there if they don't really know how to play that position. Ashtyn did start out a receiver but can Ashtyn catch a ball?

It is late in the season but it is not a new problem.

I would hope that the guy who has been our kick returner all year can catch.

McIlwain was a multi sport star, he is a QB so he should know the pass plays.
Golden One
HoopDreams said:

Yep. 30 yards passing and 39 yards rushing.
packawana
calumnus said:

packawana said:

blungld said:

I would hope that the guy who has been our kick returner all year can catch.
You know as well as I do that's a different kind of catching.
kirklandblue
Existential moment for BB, time to see whatcha got.
JimSox
Golden One said:

HoopDreams said:

Yep. 30 yards passing and 39 yards rushing.
And 20 of that 39 ended with a fumble!
Troll On You Bears
Bear_Territory said:

Honest question...do we even have enough talent on offense to make any OC not look bad?

You might have asked the same question about our defensive personnel at the end of Sonny's tenure and yet here we are
Another Bear
Get the ball back.
packawana
Troll On You Bears said:

Bear_Territory said:

You might have asked the same question about our defensive personnel at the end of Sonny's tenure and yet here we are
At the end of Sonny's tenure though all of these guys were young. They might've just needed to be coached up. A lot of our O is young so it makes sense to see some inexperience but our line should be better than this.
oursdor
Bear_Territory said:

do we have enough talent on defense to make any DC not look bad? two years ago you might have said "no". The difference between then and now hasn't been recruiting.
01Bear
safety! would've been better were it a scoop and score, but i'll take it!
Another Bear
Defense scores 2!
Troll On You Bears
Not a religious man but praying that we do something with this
KenBurnski
That was more the miracle sort of thing we needed
Bear_Territory
Lmao
kirklandblue
I'm tellin ya, we still have breaks to redeem.
NYCGOBEARS
More please!
BearRaidNation
Booyahhhhhhhh
Skeedabear
calumnus said:

LunchTime said:

510 Bear said:

Skeedabear said:

QI've got to believe that JW will give BB an absolute earful at halftime.. he has to realize a change needs to be made with the OC!
LOL. That's how normal college FB programs work. This is Cal. BB probably has a job for life.
that's how zero programs work unless they are in their last year.

I can't imagine where coaches arguing or "giving and earful" is going to turn out better.

This is like people who think coaches go into the locker room and berate a team for poor play and then see some magical turnaround.

Agreed. Only coaches who have no answers berate the players. If Baldwin can't figure out how to run an offense getting yelled it will not increase his IQ
No mention of screaming or berating....an earful does not have to be confrontational nor argumentative. It can be instructional and rational and effective.
Bear_Territory
Guess for now...I'm staying up
oursdor
01Bear said:

safety! would've been better were it a scoop and score, but i'll take it!
Tevin Paul was celebrating when the ball popped free at his feet, unfortunately.
calumnus
Troll On You Bears said:

Bear_Territory said:

Two years ago we had the #1 offense in the PAC-12.
packawana
Ooooh SC's sideline is starting to get at each other. This is exactly what we would need to win.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.