Warriors in 5 over Rocket men

16,949 Views | 160 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by gobears
SRBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Guess you didn't watch the 4th quarter.
oskidunker
i did.
Go Bears!
concordtom
bearister said:

Harden and Chris Paul flopping around like fishes on a dock signals a distinct lack of courage, and courage is required to win this deep in the playoffs. When he was on the Clippers Paul was always a whiny little b@tch when they played the Warriors and Harden seems to be locked into the title of Best Player Never to Win a Major. If I'm wrong who cares, Lacob is shafting Oakland anyway. Go Celtics!
Worst Bearister post of the year.

It would be one thing for me to roast you, another to simply recognize that this is great basketball drama.
I'll go with the roast: you suck, and I'm pissed that the Warriors are against the wall.
Okay, never mind, this is nervy!

ducky23
Ok just allow me to rant for a bit cause I'm utterly disappointed and pissed w this team.

If you're going to showboat and shimmy and shoot your mouth off all year, I'm totally fine with that. I like arrogant.

And if you're going to tank the regular season and concede home court to conserve energy for the one playoff series that matters all year, I'm good with that too.

But what you absolutely cannot do is do all those things above and then play with no energy, no heart and no balls when things finally get a little tough. You've been conserving energy all year, now you're gonna play tired? And when cp3 shimmies in your face, rather than playing with reckless vengeance, you wilt?

I'm sorry, but if the dubs end up losing this, they deserve all the **** coming their way from the media and other fan bases across the country calling them a bunch of front runners with no heart.

Look they probably still pull this out based on sheer talent alone (especially with cp3 out or severely hobbled) but man. Two of the biggest games of your lives, and you choke.

All I ask if my teams is that they play hard and play with courage and heart. That's been severely lacking this series.
bearister
concordtom said:

bearister said:

Harden and Chris Paul flopping around like fishes on a dock signals a distinct lack of courage, and courage is required to win this deep in the playoffs. When he was on the Clippers Paul was always a whiny little b@tch when they played the Warriors and Harden seems to be locked into the title of Best Player Never to Win a Major. If I'm wrong who cares, Lacob is shafting Oakland anyway. Go Celtics!
Worst Bearister post of the year.

It would be one thing for me to roast you, another to simply recognize that this is great basketball drama.
I'll go with the roast: you suck, and I'm pissed that the Warriors are against the wall.
Okay, never mind, this is nervy!

As I posted previously, I hate myself. I'm available by private message to give stock and horse racing tips. Maybe Warriors will win by default if CP's hammy is bad enough.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
UrsaMajor
ducky23 said:

Ok just allow me to rant for a bit cause I'm utterly disappointed and pissed w this team.

If you're going to showboat and shimmy and shoot your mouth off all year, I'm totally fine with that. I like arrogant.

And if you're going to tank the regular season and concede home court to conserve energy for the one playoff series that matters all year, I'm good with that too.

But what you absolutely cannot do is do all those things above and then play with no energy, no heart and no balls when things finally get a little tough. You've been conserving energy all year, now you're gonna play tired? And when cp3 shimmies in your face, rather than playing with reckless vengeance, you wilt?

I'm sorry, but if the dubs end up losing this, they deserve all the **** coming their way from the media and other fan bases across the country calling them a bunch of front runners with no heart.

Look they probably still pull this out based on sheer talent alone (especially with cp3 out or severely hobbled) but man. Two of the biggest games of your lives, and you choke.

All I ask if my teams is that they play hard and play with courage and heart. That's been severely lacking this series.
Interesting stat I heard. Since the beginning of the 2017 playoffs, the Warriors have had 32 playoff games, and all but 4 have been decided by double digits. They have lost 3 of the 4 that were decided by fewer. They are masters at blowouts, but don't have much experience in close games that count.
Big C
ducky23 said:

I'm not sure it's a lack of courage/heart. Rather, thery're in a bad situation, playing a team that had a better regular season record, and now they are minus Iguodala and McCaw and only have a bunch of centers left on their bench. The great Warriors now have a roster problem.

They sure came up short last night though...
ColoradoBear
Warriors and Cavs both down 3-2. What are the chances it's all rigged up by the NBA to see two comebacks and another Golden State vs Cleveland final. Ratings would be through the roof for all remaining games.
concordtom
I think the ratings already are thru the roof!
This is getting to be like magic vs bird, lakers vs celtics. Everyone loves a front runner for everyone else to try and dethrone.
The sixes and celtics had some battles, bird vs dr. j
The lakers were pressed by Olajuwon and the rockets.

There's a good chance that both defending conference champs come back and meet up for a FOURTH title matchup! Very good stuff.

OdontoBear66
Anybody else believe that although D. Green does so much for the Dubs that his inability to shoot the three ball against a team as good as Houston, allows their defense to overplay the other three shooters on the perimeter. It is killing the team in the last two games in the fourth quarters as the Rocket D pushes the three shooters to the sidelines or midline.
concordtom
I'll predict that Iggy comes back, Paul is out, the W's advance.
And it sets up a delicious re-challenge between Warriors and Rockets next season.

In the east next season, the Celtics will have Gordon and Kyrie back, which is its own great story line, to go with whomever else (giannis, Lebron if he stays or wherever he goes, the sixers "process")

The NBA loves the storylines that just happened!!

Can we just fast forward to the start of next year's playoffs already??
concordtom
I don't care who you are rooting for or against. If you didn't love the Chris Paul shimmy in Curry's face then you don't love competition. That was so awesome. It almost made me root for the rockets for a brief second.

concordtom
Curry is past his prime, I hate to say. And he's soft (slight build).
Draymond made a ton of mistakes at the end of the game.
Klay has not gone off in a long time.

Very interesting seeing the arc of the Warriors appears to have reached its zenith.

That said, they may still win this year, and next as well. But they've been on a four year run. How much longer do these runs last?

What new younger blood do they have coming in to augment their bench? Patrick Mccaw back from injury is not enough.
petalumabear
UrsaMajor said:

ducky23 said:

Interesting stat I heard. Since the beginning of the 2017 playoffs, the Warriors have had 32 playoff games, and all but 4 have been decided by double digits. They have lost 3 of the 4 that were decided by fewer. They are masters at blowouts, but don't have much experience in close games that count.
Good info. I also heard that curry is 0-6 on shots inside of the last minute during those games. Sphincter gets too tight it sounds like. Missing Iggy is huge and McCaw has the playoff experience that the Dukie lacks plus size. CP3 is out and Iggy is questionable for tonight. McCaw will Dress but my guess is he doesn't play tonight....

totally agree that they've been disappointing. Too much ISO ball and TO's..... not enough passing.
bearister
Just putting this out there: Do Warriors have a morale problem?

Edit:
Shortly after posting this the Warriors started getting back in the game. I am happy to serve the function of a reverse barometer in this thread.
concordtom
Warriors now down 2.

Very nervous! Don't look good..
concordtom
Curry is not the same player he was.
Lacking confidence last time, couple trips, missing this time..

Klay doing better though.
concordtom
Rockets look way looser.
If it comes down to the end, I say rockets win it.
concordtom
Better hope Iggy can play game 7 or we don't win there at all!
If we make it, that is...
concordtom
Wow. Bell did something right.
O board and 1-2 from FT
concordtom
Wow, Warriors now up by 5?

Roaracle wont say us Monday, if we make it.
concordtom
Gordon missed 3 FT.
Fatigue?
I hope so.
Big 4th qtr coming up.
concordtom
bearister said:

I am happy to serve the function of a reverse barometer in this thread.
So, did you pass out?
concordtom
Klay, hahahaha, Klay is The Man tonight!
concordtom
Im telling you, though, the NBA wants a game 7. This game is not officiated the same way in Houston!
concordtom
These western conference and eastern conference games have been the best ever!
concordtom
Shocking.

Houston scored 39 in first qtr, finishes with 86?
bearister
concordtom said:

Im telling you, though, the NBA wants a game 7. This game is not officiated the same way in Houston!

In Houston they let Harden create space for his shot by stiff arming or shouldering the defender. At Oracle they often call that move an offensive foul as so they should. Harden was incredulous. In Houston every Harden flop is a Warrior foul. Tonight Harden got several but many of his flops left him crying on the hardwood as the Warriors transitioned to offense.
concordtom
Right. I noticed that, too.
Officials play a huge role in hoops and yet don't get enough credit for their W-L record, which is pretty impressive.
We'll see who shows up in Boston and Houston.
Does the league favor a 4th Titans Rematch, or a battle of the upstarts?
Perhaps whoever wins in Boston also wins in Houston.
south bender
Conspiracy theory nonsense.

Not to say "vibes" of homecourt don't affect calls.

NBA has best officials there are.
OneKeg
Just got home and watched the game on DVR (had successfully avoided finding out).

Officials influenced by the home crowd might end up being the difference in a 3 or 4-point game. Not in a 29-point blowout.

I could see Monday night going either way with Houston at home. We'll see what happens. Hope the Warriors pull it out.
oskidunker
All I know is the warriors got tons of open looks last night while the game at Houston therevwere none. Maybe Houston was tired and
maybe people that never played had to play in the 4th quarter.

Harden looked tired and got several offensive fouls. Nba wanted a game 7.
Go Bears!
concordtom
How much do home teams make hosting a game?
How much TV revenue does the league get for these extended series?

It works out for Houston to have lost last night, in the macro.
Unit2Sucks
Eric Gordon isn't used to starter minutes. They basically only can play 6 guys so it's natural for them to wear down as the game goes on. Same thing will happen Monday unless CP3 plays. By the way, no different from what happened to the Warriors when Iguodala went out. We are deep into the season and these guys are all gassed. Losing 30 minutes of productivity per game makes a big difference when there are only a few guys to suck up those minutes.
ducky23
oskidunker said:

All I know is the warriors got tons of open looks last night while the game at Houston therevwere none. Maybe Houston was tired and
maybe people that never played had to play in the 4th quarter.

Harden looked tired and got several offensive fouls. Nba wanted a game 7.

OR the warriors decided to start playing like themselves and play with movement, passing and pace.

There will be a very simple "tell" tomorrow on whether the warriors win or lose. See if draymond is in a hurry to inbound the ball after rockets made buckets.

If the warriors just keep moving on offense and insist on pushing the pace for 48 mins, I can't see them losing.

(Btw picking up harden full court was brilliant. It puts pressure on rocket's ballhandlers without cp3, runs time off shotclock, tires out harden and Houston's short bench and picks up pace. Dubs need to find all the possible energy they have and keep doing this)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.