Vaccine Redux - Vax up and go to Class

356,624 Views | 4606 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by bearister
sycasey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dimitrig said:

Many schools started in LA last week.

By Friday at least two different colleagues of mine who have elementary school aged children who went back to school had developed a cough, fever, head/body aches and sore throat.

They got COVID tests over the weekend and, yep, they have it.

Both were vaccinated although I don't know with which vaccine.

What a mess.
Sounds like the symptoms were fairly mild, though, which means the vaccines are working.
Cal89
sycasey said:

dimitrig said:

By Friday at least two different colleagues of mine who have elementary school aged children who went back to school had developed a cough, fever, head/body aches and sore throat.

What a mess.
Sounds like the symptoms were fairly mild, though, which means the vaccines are working.
Based upon that alone, I don't think we can say that means the vaccines are working. With the few I know who contracted the virus (tested positive), one a neighbor well into his 80s, they all had such minor symptoms and experienced no noteworthy downtime. The guy in his 80s later was compelled to take a vaccine (Moderna) and that kicked his butt in major way. He lives alone and texted me for help.
Sig test...
sycasey
Cal89 said:

sycasey said:

dimitrig said:

What a mess.
Based upon that alone, I don't think we can say that means the vaccines are working. With the few I know who contracted the virus (tested positive), one a neighbor well into his 80s, they all had such minor symptoms and experienced no noteworthy downtime. The guy in his 80s later was compelled to take a vaccine (Moderna) and that kicked his butt in major way. He lives alone and texted me for help.
Single examples don't mean the vaccines are working, no. Larger data sets do, which back up the experience of dimitrig's friends.
Cal89
sycasey said:

Cal89 said:

sycasey said:

dimitrig said:

What a mess.
Single examples don't mean the vaccines are working, no. Larger data sets do, which back up the experience of dimitrig's friends.
Agreed there, single examples as in the few dimitrig referenced or myself... But as I recall, the vast, vast majority (90+%?) who contracted the virus experienced such minor cold/flu-like symptoms only, much like dimitrig shared with respect to his/her colleagues. Just saying that because a couple vaccinated colleagues had minor symptoms described does not equate to the vaccine working. Otherwise, of course, follow the recommendations and that of one's doctor...
Sig test...
BearForce2
Cal89 said:

Maybe now with full FDA approval for Pfizer, ages 16+, I would like to think the most vax-reluctant PhDs (Carnegie Mellon University study) will finally feel more comfortable with the decision.

Triple blind studies into the vaccine's efficacy and safety won't be completed until May 2, 2023.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
BearForce2
Millions of people fully recovered from COVID (99.7%)

And I can't remember a single story from the media about any of these recoveries.

Wonder why?

The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
sycasey
BearForce2 said:

Cal89 said:

Maybe now with full FDA approval for Pfizer, ages 16+, I would like to think the most vax-reluctant PhDs (Carnegie Mellon University study) will finally feel more comfortable with the decision.

Triple blind studies into the vaccine's efficacy and safety won't be completed until May 2, 2023.
And there's the new excuse.
Cal89
sycasey said:

BearForce2 said:

Cal89 said:

Damn, triple? I'm just a science minor at Cal, but back in the day it was double (RDBPC). That was the gold standard of sorts...

It's sad how political this has become and remains. My default position is to wait a while for that major software release, not to download it on the first day, week, etc, not to buy the new make/model car, to wait a year or so for them to sort-out any issues...

Last summer when I expressed the same concerns about what might be a soon-to-be-released vaccine, something that goes into our bodies, I received supportive feedback on that approach, sometimes with unsolicited responses about 'F Trump and his rushed vaccines'. Geez. Now such a position gets one labeled a "Trumper", lol, by the same folks even. Pretty damn sad.

I got vaccinated a couple months back on a whim when my wife had an appt, as I was accepted as a walk-in. I didn't tell anyone within my circle, minus my parents. Pretty interesting, even amusing regarding the treatment and condescending language encountered from those who assume I'm not vaccinated.
Sig test...
Unit2Sucks
Cal89 said:

sycasey said:

BearForce2 said:

Cal89 said:

Last summer when I expressed the same concerns about what might be a soon-to-be-released vaccine, something that goes into our bodies, I received supportive feedback on that approach, sometimes with unsolicited responses about 'F Trump and his rushed vaccines'. Geez. Now such a position gets one labeled a "Trumper", lol, by the same folks even. Pretty damn sad.

A lot has changed since last summer. Over two billion people have been vaccinated worldwide and we know the vaccines are both safe and effective. The US wasn't the first to approve the vaccines and Trump didn't manipulate other countries into doing so. That gave a lot of people here confidence that our agencies operated based on sound science, albeit on an escalated basis.

The more vaccinated a community is, the safer it is from COVID. The vaccines don't entirely prevent infection but they still do a lot to blunt the impact of COVID (including Delta).

Anyone still operating under the same assumptions of last summer who hasn't been paying attention to what's happened in the last 12 months is going to be pretty out of touch.
BearForce2

The F Trump crowd are killing millions for not giving Trump a platform to spread his his message to get vaccinated. Am I doing this right? They are truly hypocrites.
Eastern Oregon Bear
BearForce2 said:

The F Trump crowd are killing millions for not giving Trump a platform to spread his his message to get vaccinated. Am I doing this right? They are truly hypocrites.
If Trump limited his twittering to getting vaccinated, you might have a point. However, he hasn't in the past and will spread falsehoods on a wide range of subjects if allowed back on Twitter, so as usual, you have no legitimate point.
dimitrig
dimitrig said:

What a mess.

I also had a colleague tell me today that her two kids went back to school last week and now they are back at home in quarantine because there was a case in the middle school and there were three cases in the elementary school. So they were at school for three days and are now out again for two weeks because they wanted a "normal" experience.

This is Southern California, not Florida. What the hell is going on?

Well, I think we know the answer to that which is that there are reckless people everywhere.

Cal89
dimitrig said:

dimitrig said:

What a mess.

I also had a colleague tell me today that her two kids went back to school last week and now they are back at home in quarantine because there was a case in the middle school and there were three cases in the elementary school. So they were at school for three days and are now out again for two weeks because they wanted a "normal" experience.

Well, I think we know the answer to that which is that there are reckless people everywhere.

SoCal is getting hit hard now, LA County the worst in the nation from color shaded map I saw yesterday... High population areas, especially those densely populated, areas with higher proportions of people of color and of course those with a relatively higher number of elderly are more apt to be negatively impacted. Thankfully CA is one of the "younger" states at less than 15% of its population 65+.

Sadly, I got such a school email last night regarding our 10 year old. Just reading through it now:

Dear Parent/Guardian:

We understand that your child was identified as a close contact to a confirmed COVID-19 case on August 16, 2021. The Public Health Department directs that your child quarantines, if required, depending on the situation in which close contact occurred and your child's vaccination status. Please refer to the appropriate quarantine plan below, as directed by your school, even if your child doesn't have COVID-like symptoms.
A. If the exposed person is a child/youth, follow the recommendations below:

Quarantine Plan #1: If the child/youth is fully vaccinated and has no symptoms, they may remain on campus.3 However, they still need to get tested on Day 5 after exposure.

Quarantine Plan #2: If the child/youth is symptomatic (regardless of vaccination status), they will need to be tested immediately for COVID-19 and be excluded from campus for 10 days.

Quarantine Plan #3: If the child/youth is unvaccinated and has no symptoms, and both the COVID-19 positive person and exposed child/youth were wearing masks during exposure, the child/youth may remain on campus3 but needs to be excluded from extracurricular activities. The contact should get tested immediately and on Day 5 after the exposure. If the test taken on or after Day 5 from last exposure is negative, student may resume extracurricular activities on Day 8.

Quarantine Plan #4: If the child/youth is unvaccinated and has no symptoms, and either the COVID-19 positive person or the exposed child/youth were NOT wearing masks during exposure, the child/youth must quarantine for 10 days if untested. The child/youth's quarantine may shorten to 7 days if they have a negative test 5 days after exposure.3
++++++

Looks like Plan #3. We forge ahead...
Sig test...
Unit2Sucks
Cal89 said:

dimitrig said:

dimitrig said:

What a mess.

SoCal is getting hit hard now, LA County the worst in the nation from color shaded map I saw yesterday... High population areas, especially those densely populated, areas with higher proportions of people of color and of course those with a relatively higher number of elderly are more apt to be negatively impacted. Thankfully CA is one of the "younger" states at less than 15% of its population 65+.

Sadly, I got such a school email last night regarding our 10 year old. Just reading through it now:

Dear Parent/Guardian:

We understand that your child was identified as a close contact to a confirmed COVID-19 case on August 16, 2021. The Public Health Department directs that your child quarantines, if required, depending on the situation in which close contact occurred and your child's vaccination status. Please refer to the appropriate quarantine plan below, as directed by your school, even if your child doesn't have COVID-like symptoms.

Quarantine Plan #1: If the child/youth is fully vaccinated and has no symptoms, they may remain on campus.3 However, they still need to get tested on Day 5 after exposure.

Quarantine Plan #2: If the child/youth is symptomatic (regardless of vaccination status), they will need to be tested immediately for COVID-19 and be excluded from campus for 10 days.

Quarantine Plan #3: If the child/youth is unvaccinated and has no symptoms, and both the COVID-19 positive person and exposed child/youth were wearing masks during exposure, the child/youth may remain on campus3 but needs to be excluded from extracurricular activities. The contact should get tested immediately and on Day 5 after the exposure. If the test taken on or after Day 5 from last exposure is negative, student may resume extracurricular activities on Day 8.

Quarantine Plan #4: If the child/youth is unvaccinated and has no symptoms, and either the COVID-19 positive person or the exposed child/youth were NOT wearing masks during exposure, the child/youth must quarantine for 10 days if untested. The child/youth's quarantine may shorten to 7 days if they have a negative test 5 days after exposure.3
++++++

I don't understand plan 2. Why aren't they allowed back after a negative test?
sycasey
Unit2Sucks said:

Cal89 said:

dimitrig said:

dimitrig said:

What a mess.

Dear Parent/Guardian:

++++++

L.A.'s COVID policies have been a bit haphazard.
Cal89
Unit2Sucks said:

Cal89 said:

dimitrig said:

dimitrig said:

What a mess.

Dear Parent/Guardian:

++++++

Geez, I don't know, but I would surmise because any sick kid (has symptoms) should stay home.

If interested, the rest of that email concludes with:

If your child is unvaccinated, and if the COVID-19 positive case is a household member, all unvaccinated household members must quarantine, monitor for symptoms, and contact their health care providers to schedule testing. Instructions on how to quarantine can be found at sccstayhome.org. If the confirmed COVID-19 case is a caregiver or dependent and cannot be separated from your child, then your child's quarantine will end 10 days after the COVID-19 positive case completes their isolation.

If your child develop's COVID-like symptoms or becomes sick, you should contact a healthcare provider so that your child can be evaluated and get tested for COVID-19 immediately. Anyone, vaccinated or not, who develops COVID-like symptoms needs to get tested right away.

If your child does not have a healthcare provider, additional testing resources are available through the Public Health Department at sccfreetest.org. Be sure to let the provider know that your child is a close contact to a confirmed COVID-19 case. After receiving test results, we request that you share the results with us immediately, if the result is positive so that we can ensure appropriate safety measures are being taken on campus.
We hope that the rest of your family stays healthy. We will contact you to obtain, or provide you with, any necessary information. While in quarantine, if you need assistance with housing, food, healthcare, or other supportive services, the Public Health Department can refer you when they call you for contact tracing.
Sig test...
Unit2Sucks
Cal89 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Cal89 said:

dimitrig said:

dimitrig said:

What a mess.

Dear Parent/Guardian:

++++++

Geez, I don't know, but I would surmise because any sick kid (has symptoms) should stay home.

If your child is unvaccinated, and if the COVID-19 positive case is a household member, all unvaccinated household members must quarantine, monitor for symptoms, and contact their health care providers to schedule testing. Instructions on how to quarantine can be found at sccstayhome.org. If the confirmed COVID-19 case is a caregiver or dependent and cannot be separated from your child, then your child's quarantine will end 10 days after the COVID-19 positive case completes their isolation.

If your child develop's COVID-like symptoms or becomes sick, you should contact a healthcare provider so that your child can be evaluated and get tested for COVID-19 immediately. Anyone, vaccinated or not, who develops COVID-like symptoms needs to get tested right away.

If your child does not have a healthcare provider, additional testing resources are available through the Public Health Department at sccfreetest.org. Be sure to let the provider know that your child is a close contact to a confirmed COVID-19 case. After receiving test results, we request that you share the results with us immediately, if the result is positive so that we can ensure appropriate safety measures are being taken on campus.
We hope that the rest of your family stays healthy. We will contact you to obtain, or provide you with, any necessary information. While in quarantine, if you need assistance with housing, food, healthcare, or other supportive services, the Public Health Department can refer you when they call you for contact tracing.

The rest of it kind of makes sense but if your child has a runny nose, tests negative for COVID and then gets better, why should they be out for 10 days mandatory?

I think this is going to be a pretty common occurrence seeing as kids frequently have some symptoms. My kid used to have a runny nose quite frequently. In fairness, it's been greatly reduced since everyone wears masks now. But this is still relevant- my kids both had the most mild of colds last week and tested negative for COVID twice and almost had to miss the first day of school. Fortunately their symptoms resolved right before they went back.
Cal89
Unit2Sucks said:

Cal89 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Cal89 said:

dimitrig said:

dimitrig said:

What a mess.

Dear Parent/Guardian:

++++++

The rest of it kind of makes sense but if your child has a runny nose, tests negative for COVID and then gets better, why should they be out for 10 days mandatory?

I think this is going to be a pretty common occurrence seeing as kids frequently have some symptoms. My kid used to have a runny nose quite frequently. In fairness, it's been greatly reduced since everyone wears masks now. But this is still relevant- my kids both had the most mild of colds last week and tested negative for COVID twice and almost had to miss the first day of school. Fortunately their symptoms resolved right before they went back.
I'm guessing they will re-word Plan #2; possibly adding if testing comes-back negative, the child can return to campus. My wife is looking for nearby testing now. Nothing at CVS this week, she's checking Walgreens now...
Sig test...
oski003
The link shows return to school for a child after negative test or physician alternate diagnosis OR 10 day quarantine. Where do u get 10 days no matter what?
Cal89
oski003 said:

The link shows return to school for a child after negative test or physician alternate diagnosis OR 10 day quarantine. Where do u get 10 days no matter what?
He was referring to Plan #2:

Got an appt for my 10 yo after school on Thu...
Sig test...
oski003
I see this

c. Advise staff members and students with symptoms of COVID-19 infection not to return for in-person instruction until they have met CDPH criteria to return to school for those with symptoms:

i. At least 24 hours have passed since resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications; and
ii. Other symptoms have improved; and
iii. They have a negative test for SARS-CoV-2, OR a healthcare provider has provided documentation that the symptoms are typical of their underlying chronic condition (e.g., allergies or asthma) OR a healthcare provider has confirmed an alternative named diagnosis (e.g., Streptococcal pharyngitis, Coxsackie virus), OR at least 10 days have passed since symptom onset.

I don't see plan #2.

https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/COVID-19/K-12-Guidance-2021-22-School-Year.aspx#
oski003
Cal89 said:

dimitrig said:

dimitrig said:

What a mess.

Dear Parent/Guardian:

++++++

I guess I will rephrase. Plan #2 is just based on that school, right? I can't find it anywhere in CDC policy. It sounds like the school is being unreasonable.
Cal89
oski003 said:

Cal89 said:

dimitrig said:

dimitrig said:

What a mess.

Dear Parent/Guardian:

++++++

I guess I will rephrase. Plan #2 is just based on that school, right? I can't find it anywhere in CDC policy. It sounds like the school is being unreasonable.
Hey, sorry, have been busy. Yup, that info was copied from an elementary school email communication... Probably more accurately, it's for the school district.
Sig test...
BearForce2

blasphemy
oski003
This shows the need for boosters, at least for preventing infection. Natural immunity appears to last longer.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.08.19.21262111v1
Unit2Sucks
For some perspective on vaccine efficacy, the CDC has updated its breakthrough page through August 16, so we can now do some time-based analysis.

I found some info on prior version (from August 2) and it looks like over that 2-week period, we had about 300 total breakthrough deaths, and about 20% of all "breakthrough" deaths are for patients who were asymptomatic or who died of something else. During this period we had less than 1k breakthrough hospitalizations.

The updated page also now breaks out by 65 and over so now we know that there have been only about 200 total breakthrough deaths for people under 65 from the beginning, which is around 10% of all breakthrough deaths. We don't know how many were immuno-compromised or had underlying conditions.

By comparison, over the same 2 week period we averaged about 600 deaths per day and 11k hospitalizations per day. So, doing the quick math, about 4% of all COVID deaths over that period were vaccinated (presumably 90% over 65 as with all breakthrough deaths) and less than 1% of all hospitalizations were vaccinated.
Unit2Sucks
Imagine being so misled as to call people who take vaccines sheep but poisoning yourself with livestock medicine that literally is for sheep? Like, has a sheep on the bottle? Actually, you don't have to imagine it at all - people like Zippergate and Minot advocate for this poison. And poison control is being overrun with idiots ODing on sheep meds - calls are up over 550% in Texas.

baa baa baaaaa
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

Imagine being so misled as to call people who take vaccines sheep but poisoning yourself with livestock medicine that literally is for sheep? Like, has a sheep on the bottle? Actually, you don't have to imagine it at all - people like Zippergate and Minot advocate for this poison. And poison control is being overrun with idiots ODing on sheep meds - calls are up over 550% in Texas.

baa baa baaaaa

I wouldn't know what Ivermectin was if Unit2 didn't post about it every other day. I did Google it, however, and discovered that it is prescribed to humans (obviously not for covid treatment as it is not approved). I imagine prescription controls are looser for veterinarian products, so that is why people are seeking that avenue.
Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

baa baa baaaaa

I wouldn't know what Ivermectin was if Unit2 didn't post about it every other day. I did Google it, however, and discovered that it is prescribed to humans (obviously not for covid treatment as it is not approved). I imagine prescription controls are looser for veterinarian products, so that is why people are seeking that avenue.

Feel free to search BI for ivermectin references and see where and how it started. A few lost souls brought it up multiple times - I hadn't heard of it either.
BearForce2
oski003
Pfizer data for Israel in July shows that Pfizer was only 16% effective against symptomatic infection for those vaccinated in January (at 6 months).

Since preventing infection appears to be a failure, hopefully the U.S. will support alternative vaccines with safer profiles that will still prevent hospitalization and death.

Some, such as INO 4800 which the U.S. defunded due to pfizers success, have superior cellular immunity and little to no side effects.
Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

Pfizer data for Israel in July shows that Pfizer was only 16% effective against symptomatic infection for those vaccinated in January (at 6 months).

Since preventing infection appears to be a failure, hopefully the U.S. will support alternative vaccines with safer profiles that will still prevent hospitalization and death.

Some, such as INO 4800 which the U.S. defunded due to pfizers success, have superior cellular immunity and little to no side effects.
Inovio is just about to start phase 3 trials so it's too soon to claim that it has superior safety and efficacy. It is also unlikely to convince any anti-vaxxers to change their position - it's still a DNA vaccine and they will claim it's turning us into robots or whatever.

I welcome all safe and effective vaccines and hope we can add Inovio and others to our arsenal. As others have said, we need people to get vaccinated to control the pandemic. I don't think anyone here (besides you) has religion on what those vaccines are.

Quote:

"The real problem in this country is not that we need to boost the vaccinated - it's that we need to vaccinate the unvaccinated," Offit said. "That's the problem. Until we do that, we're going to suffer in this country."

Moore put it even more starkly: "There are 100,000 to 200,000 people walking around America today who will be dead by the end of the year, and mostly self-inflicted, by refusing vaccination," he said. "That's the bigger issue."
source
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Inovio is just about to start phase 3 trials so it's too soon to claim that it has superior safety and efficacy. It is also unlikely to convince any anti-vaxxers to change their position - it's still a DNA vaccine and they will claim it's turning us into robots or whatever.

I welcome all safe and effective vaccines and hope we can add Inovio and others to our arsenal. As others have said, we need people to get vaccinated to control the pandemic. I don't think anyone here (besides you) has religion on what those vaccines are.

Quote:

"The real problem in this country is not that we need to boost the vaccinated - it's that we need to vaccinate the unvaccinated," Offit said. "That's the problem. Until we do that, we're going to suffer in this country."

Moore put it even more starkly: "There are 100,000 to 200,000 people walking around America today who will be dead by the end of the year, and mostly self-inflicted, by refusing vaccination," he said. "That's the bigger issue."
source

Pfizer (Gottlieb) and Moderna (Hahn and Fauci) made sure that non-BP vaccines were not given an opportunity to run a P3 in the USA.

The FDA put a hold on Inovio's P3 trial the week before it was to start. The FDA has not lifted the hold a year later and Inovio changed their strategy to a worldwide approach about 3 months ago. The Department of Defense was going to fund their P3 but cancelled due the impossibility of running a USA P3 with EUA vaccines available. They are finally about to start in Brazil, Czech, China, Mexico, and other places.

Inovio only has data on about 1000 people but the efficacy is strong and the cellular responses are better than the mRNA vaccines. I know about a dozen people in the trial. Some are doctors, nurses, and pharmacists.
The humoral response is not so strong, which is what the Moderna led OWS and Fauci have focused on. The safety data from Inovio's P1 and P2 is like a flu shot, unlike mRNA, which leads the league in side effects.

Yes, Inovio is a DNA tech. So is JnJ. Did you know that? Well, you learn something everyday. The government is fraudulently marketing JnJ as a traditional vaccine. Instead, they should be advancing DNA tech. Inovio's delivery method, although different, is safer that JnJ's, based on p1 and P2 trials.

Edited to add three things:
1) Generally, cellular immunity is what prevents severe disease while humoral immunity prevents infection;
2) I am a HUGE fan of vaccines that don't cause myocarditis; and
3) I do not know whether or not Inovio causes myocarditis. All I know is that mRNA does at an alarming rate and had a WAY WORSE safety profile in P1 and P2 than Inovio.
Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Quote:

source

Pfizer (Gottlieb) and Moderna (Hahn and Fauci) made sure that non-BP vaccines were not given an opportunity to run a P3 in the USA.

The FDA put a hold on Inovio's P3 trial the week before it was to start. The FDA has not lifted the hold a year later and Inovio changed their strategy to a worldwide approach about 3 months ago. The Department of Defense was going to fund their P3 but cancelled due the impossibility of running a USA P3 with EUA vaccines available. They are finally about to start in Brazil, Czech, China, Mexico, and other places.

Inovio only has data on about 1000 people but the efficacy is strong and the cellular responses are better than the mRNA vaccines. I know about a dozen people in the trial. Some are doctors, nurses, and pharmacists.
The humoral response is not so strong, which is what the Moderna led OWS and Fauci have focused on. The safety data from Inovio's P1 and P2 is like a flu shot, unlike mRNA, which leads the league in side effects.

Yes, Inovio is a DNA tech. So is JnJ. Did you know that? Well, you learn something everyday. The government is fraudulently marketing JnJ as a traditional vaccine. Instead, they should be advancing DNA tech. Inovio's delivery method, although different, is safer that JnJ's, based on p1 and P2 trials.

1) Generally, cellular immunity is what prevents severe disease while humoral immunity prevents infection;
3) I do not know whether or not Inovio causes myocarditis. All I know is that mRNA does at an alarming rate and had a WAY WORSE safety profile in P1 and P2 than Inovio.
Yeah, I knew JNJ is DNA based. It doesn't bother me but I'm not an anti-vaxxer.

As for Inovio's safety profile, let's see what happens in p3. The fact that it uses a new novel injection device is both interesting and perhaps one of the challenges it faces but I haven't looked that deeply at in development vaccines.
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Quote:

source

Yeah, I knew JNJ is DNA based. It doesn't bother me but I'm not an anti-vaxxer.

As for Inovio's safety profile, let's see what happens in p3. The fact that it uses a new novel injection device is both interesting and perhaps one of the challenges it faces but I haven't looked that deeply at in development vaccines.
"Inovio is just about to start phase 3 trials so it's too soon to claim that it has superior safety and efficacy. It is also unlikely to convince any anti-vaxxers to change their position - it's still a DNA vaccine and they will claim it's turning us into robots or whatever."

You made the above argument while knowing JnJ is a DNA vaccine? You are an interesting fellow.

You are very concerned about convincing anti-vaxxers to get vaxxed. I am very concerned about offering a safer vaccine for those who are willing to get vaccinated.

The Health authorities have made an effort to make sure American citizens are not informed of vaccines in development because their primary concern is getting as many people as possible to take the existing vaccines.

By the way, you know who got screwed?

The people who got vaccinated by non OWS vaccines that must now get mRNA or JnJ because of mandates and exclusions. This also interferes with these companies' trials as they are supposed to still be tracking safety and efficacy data.
First Page Last Page
Page 24 of 132

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.