Vaccine Redux - Vax up and go to Class

362,386 Views | 4701 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by movielover
Unit2Sucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

CDC data confirms the obvious: mRNA covid vaccines cause myocarditis.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/blog/2021/06/10/cdc-releases-stunning-data-showing-young-people-at-risk-of-heart-inflammation-from-covid-vaccine/
Can you show me where the CDC "confirms" that the vaccines cause myocarditis? Linking to a RWNJ blog which relies on misleading information and rhetoric doesn't accomplish that. Is it too much to ask that you try to make accurate representations when you are presenting your agenda?

Here's what Reuters says:
Quote:

A higher-than-expected number of young men have experienced heart inflammation after their second dose of the mRNA COVID-19 shots from Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna, according to data from two vaccine safety monitoring systems, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said on Thursday.

The CDC and other health regulators have been investigating heart inflammation cases after Israel's Health Ministry reported that it had found a likely link to the condition in young men who received Pfizer's (PFE.N) COVID-19 vaccine.

The agency said it is still assessing the risk from the condition and has not yet concluded that there was a causal relationship between the vaccines and cases of myocarditis or pericarditis.

While some patients required hospitalization, most have fully recovered from their symptoms, the CDC said.

EDIT: in case anyone wonders why I called his source RNWJ: Even talk radio host Mark Levin has called it a "kook site."

Get your head out of the sand. ANALYZE THE DATA AND THEN READ WHAT I WROTE. Did you graduate college? Your bias is clouding your reasoning.

You aren't analyzing the data.

**I clearly am. The CDC data that you ignore indicates that mRNA vaccines cause myocarditis at a rate 20x higher than the general population. The younger the vaccine recipient, the greater the disparity.

All you do is provide context free FUD to create vaccine hesitancy.

**You ignore data because you do not like the source. I do not need to provide compliments with criticism, which is what you appear to expect. You don't need context here. You ask for more context as an excuse to ignore the facts I present.

You do nothing to contextualize your claims or give anyone a reason to evaluate your agenda in light of all of the available data.

**See response above and the data I provided.

Your core claim left seems to be that you think MRNA vaccines cause myocarditis in some people and that myocarditis is scary.

**That is fair. A covid outbreak is scary too. I have never minimized the harm of covid 19, which you imply.

You haven't shown any data on how myocarditis resulting from vaccines impacts people. How many have died or are suffering from prolonged damage?

**I can provide several local newspaper articles and stories of such. For example, a championship soccer player just collapsed this morning on national television. He got the Pfizer vaccine a few days ago.

**U.S. mainstream media avoids compiling these stories in a meaningful way. Needless to say, MOST people that have a reported case of vaccine caused myocarditis are able to leave the hospital after 3 days, per the previously linked NY Times article.

How many would get myocarditis from COVID?

**If Covid was left uncontrolled and people partied like in was 1999, I suppose a lot would. However, I am not comparing the mRNA vaccine against letting covid run unchecked. I am comparing it to other preventative measures including, but not limited to, safer vaccines.

How many develop it without vaccines or COVID?

**Look at the actual data instead of bashing the site who published the CDC data. You might learn something.

Without this critical comparative information, all you have is your shrill scare tactics.

**You ignore data.

You seem to be broadcasting that you aren't going to vaccinate your kids due to the potential risk of myocarditis which seems to be perhaps 1 in 5,000 with the vast majority mild cases with quick resolution. That's fine for you, but most people aren't limiting their decision matrix to avoiding one potential outcome without evaluating the alternatives.

** I actually evaluate alternatives. You do not.

Most people will want to consider the probability weighted risks all in from COVID and the all in risks from a vaccine. That sort of comprehensive analysis is what public health professionals and physicians are doing. You are ignoring everything to focus on one single risk factor because you are agenda driven.

**You are ignoring everything because you have your mind made up that mRNA vaccination is the answer. I am open-minded enough that I got the mRNA vax but can still criticize it.

I'd you don't want to come off as an agenda-driven quack, you can start by avoiding completely ridiculous websites like conservative treehouse and by sharing balanced information that people might actually consider reliable and informative. But you won't do that. You will continue to mislead by dissembling and presenting misleading claims without context.

** I got the site link from a Twitter post. I got the Twitter post from a Facebook feed. I don't week out quack material. I would be open to looking at this very same data from other sources.

But please continue to pretend you are outraged that I have the temerity to question your claims.

**Just annoyed that you are narrow-minded and consider your viewpoint superior. You disappoint me.
These are a lot of words to confirm that you aren't applying rigorous analysis the way public health experts would need to in order to recommend vaccination. You have acknowledged that you are just here to point out risks of the vaccines. This is a crusade for you to create vaccine hesitancy but it's nowhere close to a balanced assessment of risk.

I heard a doctor on TV yesterday questioning whether we know enough to recommend vaccination of 11 and under at this point. He said they will continue to evaluate the data as it comes in. So long as our public health apparatus is not unduly influenced by politics, I trust the system to do what's best.

I hope that my kids never contract myocarditis, pericarditis, MIS-C or any other conditions associated with COVID. I don't know to what extent the vaccine will ultimately be determined to have a causal link to a y meaningful side effects and believe that the data will ultimately be comprehensively evaluated so that we can be provided with the best info to make a decision. Your biased view, amplified by wacko conspiracy theory websites like conservative treehouse, is far from what we need to make decisions.
Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Oski003's unbiased source on vaccine safety.

If Christian Eriksen got an mRNA vaccine within the last two weeks, I expect a full apology. Ideally, you would have an epiphany and realize how awfully biased you are.
Apology to who? I don't think anyone needs me to apologize for recommending they listen to their doctors, to public health officials and to unbiased sources of information. You continue to post unhelpful and potentially dangerous rhetoric.

No one will be harmed by following my "advice". People may be harmed if they buy into your motivated anti-vaccine agenda.

Edit: by the way, why are you saying 2 weeks? I thought the tweet said a few days and you had consistently said 3 or 4 days from injection.
AunBear89
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

If Christian Eriksen got an mRNA vaccine within the last two weeks, I expect a full apology. Ideally, you would have an epiphany and realize how awfully biased you are.

Because, as every good little MAGAt knows: correlation equals causation.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Apology to who? I don't think anyone needs me to apologize for recommending they listen to their doctors, to public health officials and to unbiased sources of information. You continue to post unhelpful and potentially dangerous rhetoric.

No one will be harmed by following my "advice". People may be harmed if they buy into your motivated anti-vaccine agenda.

Edit: by the way, why are you saying 2 weeks? I thought the tweet said a few days and you had consistently said 3 or 4 days from injection.

14 days has been a data point. A few days can be consistent with 14 days. It is hard to tell as this is not being reported.

Anyway, nobody asked you to apologize for recommending people listen to their doctors. Perhaps you should apologize for insinuating that I am criticizing you for that reason. Are you really that dense?
Big C

Fact: Since the mRNA vaccines for COVID-19 began being given approximately six months ago, thousands and thousands of the vaccine recipients have died. Just up and died, since. Thousands and thousands. Dead. This is an undisputed fact.

In related news, my 12 year old son is getting his second shot, as I post this.
oski003
Big C said:

Fact: Since the mRNA vaccines for COVID-19 began being given approximately six months ago, thousands and thousands of the vaccine recipients have died. Just up and died, since. Thousands and thousands. Dead. This is an undisputed fact.

In related news, my 12 year old son is getting his second shot, as I post this.

Your vague mockery data doesn't change the fact that the CDC data shows that teenagers getting an mRNA are at least 8x more like to have myocarditis than teenagers in the general population. Your decision to vaccinate your son is your and his doctor's decision. I am not judging you negatively. In fact, it is a noble decision.
Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

14 days has been a data point. A few days can be consistent with 14 days. It is hard to tell as this is not being reported.

Anyway, nobody asked you to apologize for recommending people listen to their doctors. Perhaps you should apologize for insinuating that I am criticizing you for that reason. Are you really that dense?

You are building up quite the list of public apology demands. Please let me know specifically what you are demanding I publicly apologize for. I find it ironic that the person constantly posting misleading information from a variety of biased and unreliable sources is the one demanding public apologies.

By the way, can you verify right now what date Eriksen received his Pfizer vaccine and that he collapsed from myocarditis today? Where else has that been reported? Did your Make Canada Great Again friend provide those details yet? What sources is he relying on? If you can't answer these questions, why are you presenting the information as factual and demanding we apologize for asking questions?
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

You are building up quite the list of public apology demands. Please let me know specifically what you are demanding I publicly apologize for. I find it ironic that the person constantly posting misleading information from a variety of biased and unreliable sources is the one demanding public apologies.

By the way, can you verify right now what date Eriksen received his Pfizer vaccine and that he collapsed from myocarditis today? Where else has that been reported? Did your Make Canada Great Again friend provide those details yet? What sources is he relying on? If you can't answer these questions, why are you presenting the information as factual and demanding we apologize for asking questions?

You can apologize privately if you would prefer. The main thing to apologize for is putting words in my mouth. You are attacking me for things that I simply do not do. Take a deep breath, stifle the emotions, and read the words I post.
Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

You can apologize privately if you would prefer. The main thing to apologize for is putting words in my mouth. You are attacking me for things that I simply do not do. Take a deep breath, stifle the emotions, and read the words I post.

Please provide evidence Eriksen received a vaccine dose within the last few days and that he collapsed from myocarditis.

I don't need to put words in your mouth- you have provided thousands of words which everyone can read and which make your position quite clear.

If you aren't willing to stand behind the things you've said in this thread, maybe it's time to stop promoting your agenda, or apologize for sourcing your content from unverified politically motivated conspiracy theory driven websites and other questionable sources.
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Please provide evidence Eriksen received a vaccine dose within the last few days and that he collapsed from myocarditis.

I don't need to put words in your mouth- you have provided thousands of words which everyone can read and which make your position quite clear.

If you aren't willing to stand behind the things you've said in this thread, maybe it's time to stop promoting your agenda, or apologize for sourcing your content from unverified politically motivated conspiracy theory driven websites and other questionable sources.

According to this, "He did not have COVID and was not vaccinated either," said the Director.

https://football-italia.net/marotta-eriksen-sent-inter-teammates-message/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

According to this, "He did not have COVID and was not vaccinated either," said the Director.

https://football-italia.net/marotta-eriksen-sent-inter-teammates-message/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Is that a public apology?
GivemTheAxe
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

After all that has been posted about Eriksen's death (as tragic as it was) we readers on his thread windup with a "Big Nothing Burger".
Who first came up with the idea that his death was associated with COVID vaccine. Who decided to make it a political football at so tragic a time for him his family and loved ones.
philbert
no clue about the vaccine rumors, but he's not dead.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/denmark-den/story/4406805/denmarks-christian-eriksen-collapsesreceives-cpr-as-euro-2020-game-with-finland-postponed
AunBear89
Erickson is not dead, and one of our resident RWNJs, oski003, posted a tweet from a Canadian RWNJ earlier in this thread claiming Erickson had received the Pfizer shot.

It's SOP for the Reich Wing: if the facts don't fit your narrative, make some up that do.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
Civil Bear
AunBear89 said:

It's SOP for the Reich Wing: if the facts don't fit your narrative, make some up that do.
Yeah, no kidding! That Russiagate one was a doozy.
oski003
AunBear89 said:

Erickson is not dead, and one of our resident RWNJs, oski003, posted a tweet from a Canadian RWNJ earlier in this thread claiming Erickson had received the Pfizer shot.

I am also the one who immediately corrected what is likely misinformation. I am interested in the truth, unlike the "narrative" of some posters in this thread.
oski003
AunBear89 said:

oski003
GivemTheAxe said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

After all that has been posted about Eriksen's death (as tragic as it was) we readers on his thread windup with a "Big Nothing Burger".
Who first came up with the idea that his death was associated with COVID vaccine. Who decided to make it a political football at so tragic a time for him his family and loved ones.

You are the only one who has posted that he is dead. Get off your soapbox.
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Yup, you still don't get it.
Chapman_is_Gone
Boy, you people never shut up, do you?
AunBear89
Says the genius that keeps reviving his absurd Coastal Carolina thread.
AunBear89
Civil Bear said:

AunBear89 said:

Yeah, no kidding! That Russiagate one was a doozy.

Unit2Sucks
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Here's what happened. You post anti vaccine information from questionable sources. I call you out for it.

You respond by posting more false anti-vaccine information from a questionable source. I call you out for it. Then you say this:

oski003 said:

Turns out that the RWNJ you relied on, without any verification, did in fact make up his anti-vaccine garbage from whole cloth and you fell for it because it fits your agenda. Even if it had been true, I would owe no apology because you sourced data from a highly suspect and unreliable RWNJ with an agenda.

Rather than do your mea culpa, you say sorry not sorry and blame me again. Sorry dude that isn't going to fly. My criticism were 100% on point and you validated them. This is the point where you are supposed to "realize how awfully biased you are" but we all know that won't happen because you aren't here to have a reasonable fact and science-based conversation but rather to continue to push an agenda.
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Here's what happened. You post anti vaccine information from questionable sources. I call you out for it.

You respond by posting more false anti-vaccine information from a questionable source. I call you out for it. Then you say this:

oski003 said:

Turns out that the RWNJ you relied on, without any verification, did in fact make up his anti-vaccine garbage from whole cloth and you fell for it because it fits your agenda. Even if it had been true, I would owe no apology because you sourced data from a highly suspect and unreliable RWNJ with an agenda.

Rather than do your mea culpa, you say sorry not sorry and blame me again. Sorry dude that isn't going to fly. My criticism were 100% on point and you validated them. This is the point where you are supposed to "realize how awfully biased you are" but we all know that won't happen because you aren't here to have a reasonable fact and science-based conversation but rather to continue to push an agenda.

I literally posted this with my link, you quack.

"Btw, please let me know if it is false that Eriksen got an mRNA vaccine a few days ago. Mainstream media is ignoring this information. They could be purposely doing so to cover for pfizer, or it may actually not be true and driven by those against mRNA vaccines."

Just because the vaccine link was likely wrong here does not negate the data I provided or give blanket support for your irrational attacks on anything questioning the safety of mRNA vaccines. I posted information and immediately corrected it when new information was made available. Get off your soapbox.
Unit2Sucks
You purposefully posted information that you knew was poorly sourced and was not being reported anywhere else. The only reason to do so was in order to amplify your agenda. Time for you to just own up to what you are doing and stop playing the victim card here.

Here's a pro tip: stop posting unverified information from shady sources with the intent of creating vaccine hesitancy.
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

You purposefully posted information that you knew was poorly sourced and was not being reported anywhere else. The only reason to do so was in order to amplify your agenda. Time for you to just own up to what you are doing and stop playing the victim card here.

Here's a pro tip: stop posting unverified information from shady sources with the intent of creating vaccine hesitancy.

I did not realize that you were a pro. I have genuine concerns about mRNA vaccines and, yes, I post them here. Consider my post of the soccer director's quote as affirmation that I seek the truth, not silence, as you appear to seek. I fear that, in the long term, mRNA covid vaccines will result in distrust of the medical community and vaccine hesitancy.
Zippergate
more FUD (unless it's your daughter)

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1404408955149991939.html

"19-year-old Simone Scott was excited to get her second dose of @moderna_tx's #Covid vaccine on May 1.

Now her mother Valerie Kraimer is arranging her funeral."

Unit2Sucks
Zippergate said:

more FUD (unless it's your daughter)

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1404408955149991939.html

"19-year-old Simone Scott was excited to get her second dose of @moderna_tx's #Covid vaccine on May 1.

Now her mother Valerie Kraimer is arranging her funeral."

Any time a parent loses a child it's a tragedy and I feel awful for them. The fact that Alex Berenson, who has been dubbed the pandemic's wrongest man is using this as an opportunity to spread anti-vaxxine rhetoric before the doctors have even determined what happened to Simone is disgusting but not surprising.

According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, 270 out of the 285 cases of suspected myocarditis/pericarditis for those under 30 following the vaccine with a known outcome have been discharged and 81% have already made a full recovery. 15 are still hospitalized with 3 in ICUs. So even among those who suffer from myocarditis following the vaccine (whatever the cause), the vast majority fully recover very quickly. So we are talking about something that seems on the order of magnitude of a few dozen serious cases for perhaps 30 million vaccine recipients.

If the vaccine caused this to happen to Simone, it would appear to be a very rare outcome. But we don't know what happened. Similar to oski003 posting information from a terrible source (which, unsurprisingly, proved to be false), you are posting from an incredibly biased source with a long history of false claims. I will continue to rely on information from trustworthy sources rather than internet nutjobs who make a living taking advantage of people like you.
Zippergate
Your data is biased, whether intentional or not because it relies on voluntary reporting. Long before Covid, it was widely understood that VAERS captures only a tiny fraction of the adverse events following vaccines.

You may not like the messenger but I see no reason to doubt the basic facts of the case.
https://dailynorthwestern.com/2021/06/12/campus/medill-freshman-simone-scott-dies-from-pneumonia-complications/

What do you have to say about Ivermectin?
Unit2Sucks
Zippergate said:

Your data is biased, whether intentional or not because it relies on voluntary reporting. Long before Covid, it was widely understood that VAERS captures only a tiny fraction of the adverse events following vaccines.

You may not like the messenger but I see no reason to doubt the basic facts of the case.
https://dailynorthwestern.com/2021/06/12/campus/medill-freshman-simone-scott-dies-from-pneumonia-complications/

What do you have to say about Ivermectin?
VAERS captures whatever people put into it, so it also includes lots of false positives or garbage data. It's incomplete and also overinclusive but you haven't made a case for it being biased. Alex Berenson is biased. He has an obvious agenda and it's to monetize the sorts of people who buy into his BS. I can't imagine anyone out there would argue he isn't biased.

I don't doubt that Simone tragically died but you haven't presented any evidence as to what caused her death. The article you linked from NU doesn't mention anything about Simone receiving the COVID vaccine or her tragic death having any relation to it. Did you even read the article? I'm not saying that I know what happened to her, but it's irresponsible to make claims about her death without a reasonable basis. You certainly haven't given any reasonable basis to assume that her death was caused by a reaction to the vaccine.

I don't have anything to say about Ivermectin, having never heard of it before. Is there a reasonable basis to believe that it may have something to do with Simone's death?
Zippergate
Everything you say about the article is true. And yet we have a very plausible account from a blue checkmark regarding the death of a 19-year-old woman from a disease that has been associated with the vaccine. You could be right, this could be a hoax or disinformation campaign, but is this likely?

As for Ivermectin, I find it very sad that I highly intelligent, well-informed person such as yourself has not heard of Ivermectin. Ivermectin is a Nobel-prize winning drug that has saved countless lives in the third world and has a sterling safety record. It has well-known anti-viral properties and is now being used in dozens of countries to safely treat Covid and limit the spread of the infection.

Here is Dr. Kory talking about Ivermectin before a Senate Hearing last December. Do yourself a favor and spend 5 minutes to watch this.
https://vimeo.com/490351508

Dr. Kory has been repeatedly banned and censored from many social media platforms as have many who have posted his interviews.

Here's a great article on the background of the team behind Ivermectin and Covid by a NYT best selling author
https://covid19criticalcare.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/The-Drug-that-Cracked-Covid-by-Michael-Capuzzo.pdf

summary of 58 clinical trials of Ivermectin in the treatment of Covid
https://c19ivermectin.com/

I don't know how anyone can examine all the evidence on Ivermectin and the treatment of medical experts like Dr. Kory and conclude that our health policy is purely being driven by science.
Unit2Sucks
Zippergate said:

Everything you say about the article is true. And yet we have a very plausible account from a blue checkmark regarding the death of a 19-year-old woman from a disease that has been associated with the vaccine. You could be right, this could be a hoax or disinformation campaign, but is this likely?

As for Ivermectin, I find it very sad that I highly intelligent, well-informed person such as yourself has not heard of Ivermectin. Ivermectin is a Nobel-prize winning drug that has saved countless lives in the third world and has a sterling safety record. It has well-known anti-viral properties and is now being used in dozens of countries to safely treat Covid and limit the spread of the infection.

Here is Dr. Kory talking about Ivermectin before a Senate Hearing last December. Do yourself a favor and spend 5 minutes to watch this.
https://vimeo.com/490351508

Dr. Kory has been repeatedly banned and censored from many social media platforms as have many who have posted his interviews.

Here's a great article on the background of the team behind Ivermectin and Covid by a NYT best selling author
https://covid19criticalcare.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/The-Drug-that-Cracked-Covid-by-Michael-Capuzzo.pdf

summary of 58 clinical trials of Ivermectin in the treatment of Covid
https://c19ivermectin.com/

I don't know how anyone can examine all the evidence on Ivermectin and the treatment of medical experts like Dr. Kory and conclude that our health policy is purely being driven by science.
What are you talking about? Having a blue check doesn't mean a twitter user posts reliable info. Berenson is laughing all the way to the bank while maintaining his status as the wrongest man on the pandemic.

As for your bizarre pivot to Ivermectin, after 5 minutes of research I still have no idea why you are asking me about it or how it relates to a discussion about unreliable information you've posted regarding vaccines. Apparently it's an anti-parasitic developed by Merck. With all of the advances in COVID treatment I have no idea whether it's a good candidate or what the impact could be. We know how to treat COVID and are fortunate enough to have safe and effective vaccines in the US. Ivermectin doesn't seem to be particularly relevant to the conversation. Given the availability of vaccines and the fact that virtually no one who is vaccinated will require COVID treatment, I am not spending a lot of time paying attention to new treatments.

That said, Merck says they don't recommend it for COVID and are still evaluating the data. I did notice that there is a high frequency of tachycardia for Ivermectin users and given all of your concerns about cardiac impacts, I'm surprised you don't seem to care.

Even your blue check buddy Alex B has chosen not to promote it so maybe ask him? Doesn't he pretend to be science driven?

sycasey
Zippergate said:

I'm not going to claim it's a hoax, but you should examine what that thread ACTUALLY says, which is that this girl got the vaccine, then started to have health problems (eventually diagnosed as myocarditis), and later died. Her parents say they think the vaccine was related, but they are not doctors and can't be sure. That's all the information contained here. It's a compelling anecdotal example, but that's it. You need much broader evidence to know exactly what the risk is.
Zippergate

As for your bizarre pivot to Ivermectin, after 5 minutes of research I still have no idea why you are asking me about it or how it relates to a discussion about unreliable information you've posted regarding vaccines.

Information about Ivermectin has been suppressed. It is inconvenient for the pharmaceutical industry because a safe, effective treatment for Covid obviates the need for their wildly profitable, patent protected vaccines.

https://www.biznews.com/thought-leaders/2021/05/12/mailbox-ivermectin
"What if there was a cheap drug, so old its patent had expired, so safe that it's on the WHO's lists of Essential and Children's Medicines, and used in mass drug administration rollouts? What if it can be taken at home with the first signs COVID symptoms, given to those in close contact, and significantly reduce COVID disease progression and cases, and far fewer few people would need hospitalisation?
The international vaccine rollout under Emergency Use Authorisation (EUA) would legally have to be halted. For an EUA to be legal, "there must be no adequate, approved and available alternative to the candidate product for diagnosing, preventing or treating the disease or condition." The vaccines would only become legal once they passed level 4 trials and that certainly won't happen in 2021.
This would present a major headache for the big public health agencies led by the WHO. The vaccine rollout, outside of trials, would become illegal.

Apparently it's an anti-parasitic developed by Merck. With all of the advances in COVID treatment I have no idea whether it's a good candidate or what the impact could be.

You don't know because you haven't looked at the literature. There is tons of it and is ambiguous, but you don't care because it doesn't fit the narrative being perpetuated by the Big Pharma-captured medical establishment. Did you listen to Dr. Kory's testimony before the Senate? Have you looked at his credentials? Did you see his testimony about corticosteroids early in the pandemic which have now become the standard of care? ....

We know how to treat COVID and are fortunate enough to have safe and effective vaccines in the US.

Um, want a chance to take this ridiculous statement back? Vaccines are NOT treatments. Vaccines are used to train the immune system before exposure to a pathogen. And the process is much more complex than you (or I) understand. Vaccines can REDUCE the ability of the body to respond to infection under certain circumstances. And your vaccines are not FDA approved. FACT. EUA is not approval. So your "safe and effective" statement is unproven and to make that prematurely make that claim before full approval is unscientific.

Ivermectin doesn't seem to be particularly relevant to the conversation. Given the availability of vaccines and the fact that virtually no one who is vaccinated will require COVID treatment, I am not spending a lot of time paying attention to new treatments.

Guess you've never heard of breakthrough cases, pathogenic priming, antibody dependent enhancement etc.
Also, you are apparently unaware that numerous pharma behemoths such as Novartis and Merck are spending hundreds of millions of dollars to develop Covid therapies like monoclonal antibodies. What do they know that you don't? Nothing apparently.

That said, Merck says they don't recommend it for COVID and are still evaluating the data. I did notice that there is a high frequency of tachycardia for Ivermectin users and given all of your concerns about cardiac impacts, I'm surprised you don't seem to care.

I wonder why? It couldn't be because the patent for Ivermectin expired two decades ago and Merck is developing a proprietary, patent-protected therapy that would have to compete with Ivermectin. No, that would be a conspiracy theory because we know that Big Pharma always acts altruistically putting health above profit. rriiiiiight.
Zippergate

I'm not going to claim it's a hoax, but you should examine what that thread ACTUALLY says, which is that this girl got the vaccine, then started to have health problems (eventually diagnosed as myocarditis), and later died. Her parents say they think the vaccine was related, but they are not doctors and can't be sure. That's all the information contained here. It's a compelling anecdotal example, but that's it. You need much broader evidence to know exactly what the risk is.

Well said, and if it were just this one anecdote or even a few here and there, it wouldn't merit discussion. But that's not what we're seeing. There's a flood of these anecdotes. Just because they don't appear on CNN doesn't mean they aren't out there.
First Page Last Page
Page 9 of 135

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.