Vaccine Redux - Vax up and go to Class

370,425 Views | 4741 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by movielover
oski003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Article about Novavax being the best vaccine. It is a few months old.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/619276/
Unit2Sucks
Keep up the good work 003. This is what you and your ilk are accomplishing.

You can talk all you want about your real goals, but this was the obvious and inevitable outcome of the anti mRNA movement.
dajo9
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

I'm a sample size of 1, but I've been more sick some years from a flu shot than I have been from any of my 3 Covid vaccinations. Anyway, let's keep working towards better vaccines.
I've had three Pfizer shots with zero side effects from any of them. I spent Christmas in a red state where I felt like I was living amongst a death cult in which people crowded into stores, restaurants, and hotels and did not wear masks. I definitely exposed myself more than usual because the spirit of the season, I guess. Fingers crossed, so far I am healthy.

I wished a colleague from a different red state a happy holiday season only to learn that her husband was in the hospital with Covid. We did not discuss vaccines, but I'm doubtful her husband was vaccinated (upper middle aged white guy in a red state).

Crazy times.
oski003
Unit2Sucks said:

You can talk all you want about your real goals, but this was the obvious and inevitable outcome of the anti mRNA movement.

An mRNA vaccine is better than no vaccine. Blaming me (and my ilk) for people not getting vaccinated is cheap and low. This is clearly not an audience where my posts are convincing BI readers to not get dose 1 and 2. If you can't criticize the junk vaccines available here, where can you?
dajo9
oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

An mRNA vaccine is better than no vaccine. Blaming me (and my ilk) for people not getting vaccinated is cheap and low. This is clearly not an audience where my posts are convincing BI readers to not get dose 1 and 2. If you can't criticize the junk vaccines available here, where can you?
Is your argument that your posts are not harmful because the people here are too smart to listen to them?
oski003
dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Is your argument that your posts are not harmful because the people here are too smart to listen to them?

I got a Moderna shot in March and April. I am still relatively protected against severe disease. I advise everyone to get some protection against severe disease. I believe almost everyone in this forum is vaccinated and has some protection. mRNA and JnJ adenovirus vaccines are the only ones available in the USA and therefore the only way to do so.

I will also continue to post facts about the mRNA vaccines even if people here do not like these facts. I have been wrong roughly twice in the past year. I have been told I was wrong about 50 times only to be proven right days or weeks later because the media just had hidden the facts.
AunBear89
You have a shifting definition of 'facts' - here's a clue: wanting something to be true does not make it a fact.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
oski003
AunBear89 said:

You have a shifting definition of 'facts' - here's a clue: wanting something to be true does not make it a fact.

You never say anything of substance, ever.
AunBear89
I've written plenty of things of substance. All of them are well above your 1st grade reading comprehension level.

You don't even know the difference between 'saying' and 'writing' - so we're supposed to take anything you write (or "say") seriously?
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
oski003
AunBear89 said:

I've written plenty of things of substance. All of them are well above your 1st grade reading comprehension level.

Let's stay on topic. If you have something factual and relevant, please post it. Making general accusations, assertions, and personal attacks is not welcome here.
AunBear89
First time on Off Topic?
oski003
AunBear89 said:

First time on Off Topic?

https://bearinsider.com/forums/6/topics/97517/replies/1862846#1862846
bearister
T cells come to the rescue as studies show they buck omicron | National | bakersfield.com

https://www.bakersfield.com/ap/national/t-cells-come-to-the-rescue-as-studies-show-they-buck-omicron/article_d997503d-5856-5153-a793-0fb9a0b82a94.html
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
oski003
bearister said:

T cells come to the rescue as studies show they buck omicron | National | bakersfield.com

https://www.bakersfield.com/ap/national/t-cells-come-to-the-rescue-as-studies-show-they-buck-omicron/article_d997503d-5856-5153-a793-0fb9a0b82a94.html

I have criticized the USA on this board for an antibody dependent vaccine strategy for more than a year. There has never been antibody durability on coronavirus vaccines. Inovio was the only company that had succesfully completed MERS vaccine human trials. South Korea indicated they would grant EUA if MERS returned there and Inovio progressed into a CEPI sponsored MERS trial in the Middle East. Their MERS t-cell based DNA vaccine showed 18 month durability. MERS is the closest relative to SARS-2 COVID 19 (not SARS 1).

I posted this on 12-8-21:

We're all living in an interesting case study. We have a global pandemic still out of control. mRNA vaccines were anointed as being our savior for the pandemic. People bought into mRNA because we had to as no other real options were made available despite the side effects and massive distribution expense.

Less than a year after most people were vaccinated with mRNA we are finding the wonder drug mRNA may not be what it was all supposed to be unless we get vaccines every 3-6 months.

Pivotal point right now - find a way to introduce better vaccines that target T Cells like Inovio hopefully and at the same time convince people to accept a new vaccine direction after you've spent most of the pandemic glorifying mRNA. And also try to explain all the massive sunk costs in subsidizing the sub-optimal mRNA vaccines. Hard sell IMHO.

Winners in all this could be the 3rd world population which hasn't been hard coded to think mRNA is the savior.
oski003
Dr. Fauci was interviewed today about Covaxin, a traditional vaccine that applied for approval and the FDA put on hold in November. He is surprisingly unfamiliar with its status and also surprised that the interviewer is asking about it. The interviewer says that numerous viewers had asked about the availability of a traditional vaccine. This apparently catches him off guard.

BearForce2
oski003 said:

bearister said:

I have criticized the USA on this board for an antibody dependent vaccine strategy for more than a year. There has never been antibody durability on coronavirus vaccines. Inovio was the only company that had succesfully completed MERS vaccine human trials. South Korea indicated they would grant EUA if MERS returned there and Inovio progressed into a CEPI sponsored MERS trial in the Middle East. Their MERS t-cell based DNA vaccine showed 18 month durability. MERS is the closest relative to SARS-2 COVID 19 (not SARS 1).

We're all living in an interesting case study. We have a global pandemic still out of control. mRNA vaccines were anointed as being our savior for the pandemic. People bought into mRNA because we had to as no other real options were made available despite the side effects and massive distribution expense.

Less than a year after most people were vaccinated with mRNA we are finding the wonder drug mRNA may not be what it was all supposed to be unless we get vaccines every 3-6 months.

Pivotal point right now - find a way to introduce better vaccines that target T Cells like Inovio hopefully and at the same time convince people to accept a new vaccine direction after you've spent most of the pandemic glorifying mRNA. And also try to explain all the massive sunk costs in subsidizing the sub-optimal mRNA vaccines. Hard sell IMHO.

Winners in all this could be the 3rd world population which hasn't been hard coded to think mRNA is the savior.

With more people infected with Omicron, do you think this will encourage people to transition to a new non-mRNA vaccine if it becomes available or make them more vaccine hesitant since most people will presumably have recovered without serious incident and may be experiencing vaccine fatigue at some point?
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
oski003
BearForce2 said:

oski003 said:

bearister said:

With more people infected with Omicron, do you think this will encourage people to transition to a new non-mRNA vaccine if it becomes available or make them more vaccine hesitant since most people will presumably have recovered without serious incident and may be experiencing vaccine fatigue at some point?

Even though Omicron appears milder, a safe tolerable vaccine is preferable to unvaccinated exposure. As for those previously vaccinated or infected, t cells don't last forever. Part of the reason Omicron is perceived as safer is because it is infecting young healthy people and those already vaccinated. People who have vaccination fatigue need to realize that the vaccines are making omicron milder.
BearForce2

CDC just dropped "new science" on PCR tests.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
bearister
Two years of coronavirus: how pandemic unfolded around the world

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/31/two-years-of-coronavirus-how-pandemic-unfolded-around-the-world?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

We can vaccinate 70% of the world against Covid by mid-2022. Here's how

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/commentisfree/2021/dec/31/world-health-organization-who-we-can-vaccinate-the-world-against-covid-by-mid-2022?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
BearForce2

Pfizer CEO's tweet was back in April, 2021.
Eastern Oregon Bear
BearForce2 said:

Pfizer CEO's tweet was back in April, 2021.
I must have missed the part where Glenn Greenwald was banned from social media. Or does it just apply to some people that don't show the proper deference to the decrees of pharmaceutical giants?
Eastern Oregon Bear

Double post. I'm not sure how that happened.
oski003
Interesting article about boosting, etc...

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2021/12/how-many-covid-19-booster-shots/621132/
bearister
US experts question whether counting Covid cases is still the right approach

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/jan/01/us-covid-case-counts-omicron?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

*I agree with this approach for places like the Bay Area, but as the article implies, in the vax resistant Red States it compounds their idiocy and perpetuates the flooding of their ERs.
sycasey
bearister said:

*I agree with this approach for places like the Bay Area, but as the article implies, in the vax resistant Red States it compounds their idiocy and perpetuates the flooding of their ERs.

Doesn't it also work for those places? Reporting on hospitalizations would show they have a problem.
bearister
sycasey said:

bearister said:

Doesn't it also work for those places? Reporting on hospitalizations would show they have a problem.

What I am saying is that in the Bay Area they don't need to keep reporting on cases, just hospitalizations and deaths. In the vax resistant Red States, I would still try to scare them into compliance by reporting case information with them….but it is probably futile because a high percentage of them believe the diagnosis of Covid and the statement of the cause of death as Covid is fraudulent so that hospitals can get government reimbursement for treatment. My Evangelical golf buddies started telling me this in mid 2020.
sycasey
bearister said:

sycasey said:

bearister said:

What I am saying is that in the Bay Area they don't need to keep reporting on cases, just hospitalizations and deaths. In the vax resistant Red States, I would still try to scare them into compliance by reporting case information with them….but it is probably futile because a high percentage of them believe the diagnosis of Covid and the statement of the cause of death as Covid is fraudulent so that hospitals can get government reimbursement for treatment. My Evangelical golf buddies started telling me this in mid 2020.

Seems like the case reporting also doesn't have any impact in the red areas. May as well just report on what matters now: hospitalizations and deaths.
concordtom
Humans have infected wild deer with Covid-19 in a handful of U.S. states and there's evidence the virus has been spreading between deer, according to recent studies, which outline findings that could complicate the path out of the pandemic.

Scientists swabbed the nostrils of white-tailed deer in Ohio and found evidence of at least six separate times that humans spread the coronavirus to deer, according to a study published last week in Nature.

About one-third of the deer sampled had an active or recent infection, the study says. Similar research in Iowa of tissue from roadkill and hunted deer found widespread evidence of the virus.
oski003
This is troubling. We need more durable vaccines.

https://twitter.com/drdavidsamadi/status/1477627858428256257?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
bearister
concordtom said:

Humans have infected wild deer with Covid-19 in a handful of U.S. states and there's evidence the virus has been spreading between deer, according to recent studies, which outline findings that could complicate the path out of the pandemic.

Scientists swabbed the nostrils of white-tailed deer in Ohio and found evidence of at least six separate times that humans spread the coronavirus to deer, according to a study published last week in Nature.

About one-third of the deer sampled had an active or recent infection, the study says. Similar research in Iowa of tissue from roadkill and hunted deer found widespread evidence of the virus.

"I was nowhere near that deer, occifer, I was with the Mrs. that night."
Big C
concordtom said:

Oh, I can't help thinking of poor little Bambi!

Time to get all deer (ages 5 and up) fully vaxxed and then boosted! In the meantime, they all should be wearing masks (except when eating, of course).
BearForce2
Big C said:

concordtom said:

Time to get all deer (ages 5 and up) fully vaxxed and then boosted! In the meantime, they all should be wearing masks (except when eating, of course).

9 Lions And Tigers At The National Zoo Are Being Treated For COVID

Six African lions, a Sumatran tiger and two Amur tigers have tested presumptive positive for the virus that causes COVID-19 and are undergoing treatment, the zoo said in a news release Thursday.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/09/17/1038295149/national-zoo-tigers-lions-covid-coronavirus
AunBear89
bearister said:

concordtom said:

"I was nowhere near that deer, occifer, I was with the Mrs. that night."

Not cool! You should not post private videos of helltoupee on this public forum.
Big C
BearForce2 said:

Big C said:

concordtom said:

9 Lions And Tigers At The National Zoo Are Being Treated For COVID

Six African lions, a Sumatran tiger and two Amur tigers have tested presumptive positive for the virus that causes COVID-19 and are undergoing treatment, the zoo said in a news release Thursday.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/09/17/1038295149/national-zoo-tigers-lions-covid-coronavirus

Damn, I would hate to be the zookeeper tasked with making sure the tigers were wearing their masks properly!
oski003
A U.S. study finally confirmed what other countries already know: mRNA, specifically Moderna, is not healthy for young men.

**** the corruption. Health > $$$

https://twitter.com/VPrasadMDMPH/status/1477707606135226372?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
First Page Last Page
Page 45 of 136

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.