UN report: Effects of climate change even more severe than we thought

35,831 Views | 450 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by Palestinian Chicken
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
movielover said:

bearister said:

"The Global Warming religion is packed w politics."

Yes, every denier is on the Right. Do you know why?

Because we follow the facts, not emotion.

No, because complying with environmental regulations is an overhead factor and thus a drag on the bottom line.

Everywhere there's lots of piggies
Living piggy lives
You can see them out for dinner
With their piggy wives
Clutching forks and knives to eat the bacon
-George Harrison
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
movielover
Is Greta eating bugs?
concordtom

Quote:

It's mostly financial - some conservatives do acknowledge the impacts and cause of climate change. The ones who are tied to fossil fuels, who shill for Putin, or who follow their tribe blindly of course continue to miss the mark.

Look at one of the most prominent GOPes in America right now - Elon Musk. He broke ties with Trump over Trump's climate change denialism. You can see in his tweets that he attempted to knock sense into Trump, was initially hopeful Trump would do the right thing (because Trump I'm sure told him what he wanted to hear before someone else convinced him otherwise).

There are also plenty of stories about this. Here, here and here.

Tillerson of XOM was his Sec of State at the time.
Hmmm..

You've heard Rod R. Blagojevich, former Gov of Illinois, talk about the value of getting to choose a Senator to take Obama's spot - "I've got something of value here, and I'm not just going to give it away."

How much you wanna bet that Trump thought the same way?
Who knows what was traded.
bear2034
movielover said:

Is Greta eating bugs?

If Greta, John Kerry, Klaus Shwab, and Bill Gates start eating bugs, the rest of the climate change cultists should too.
Eastern Oregon Bear
bear2034 said:

movielover said:

Is Greta eating bugs?

If Greta, John Kerry, Klaus Shwab, and Bill Gates start eating bugs, the rest of the climate change cultists should too.
I hate to burst your bubble but they already eat bugs. We all do. It's an allowed part of our food supply as long as it's not too noticeable.
bear2034
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

bear2034 said:

movielover said:

Is Greta eating bugs?

I hate to burst your bubble but they already eat bugs. We all do. It's an allowed part of our food supply as long as it's not too noticeable.
What's your favorite bug and why?
Cal88
Unit2Sucks said:

bearister said:

"The Global Warming religion is packed w politics."

Yes, every denier is on the Right. Do you know why?
It's mostly financial - some conservatives do acknowledge the impacts and cause of climate change. The ones who are tied to fossil fuels, who shill for Putin, or who follow their tribe blindly of course continue to miss the mark.

Look at one of the most prominent GOPes in America right now - Elon Musk. He broke ties with Trump over Trump's climate change denialism. You can see in his tweets that he attempted to knock sense into Trump, was initially hopeful Trump would do the right thing (because Trump I'm sure told him what he wanted to hear before someone else convinced him otherwise).

There are also plenty of stories about this. Here, here and here.

Shocker - the owner of the largest electric auto company supports the ban of fossil fuels.
movielover
Musk bought SolarCity from his cousins. It's struggled, and a cost of $50,000 per roof installation doesn't help.

https://fortune.com/2023/11/20/elon-musk-solar-city-solar-roof-sales-low-tesla/
movielover
The Guardian: A nuclear plant's closure was hailed as a green win. Then emissions went up

"Shuttering of New York facility raises awkward climate crisis questions as gas not renewables fills gap in power generation"

File under "duh".

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2024/mar/20/nuclear-plant-closure-carbon-emissions-new-york
bearister
Let me see if I'm tracking this:

1. Climate change is bullsh@it;

2. Putin good;

3. Covid vaccine bad;

4. 2020 Election rigged;

5. January 6 Insurrection was an FBI sting resulting in innocent patriots going to jail;

6. 2024 Election is rigged if tRump loses but not rigged if tRump wins.

Close?
bear2034
bearister said:

Let me see if I'm tracking this:

1. Climate change is bullsh@it;

2. Putin good;

3. Covid vaccine bad;

4. 2020 Election rigged;

5. January 6 Insurrection was an FBI sting resulting in innocent patriots going to jail;

6. 2024 Election is rigged if tRump loses but not rigged if tRump wins.

Close?

Bearister, after ALL this time you're still confused? Do we need to release helltopay1 to slap some sense into you?
movielover
Try this shorthand:

1. Climate is highly complex and Global Warming is unproven. ClimateGate revealed researchers submitting Fake data.

Contradiction: if CO2 - aka plant food - is the enemy, why is the same crowd against nuclear power? (California Libs don't define NP or Hydro as "green".)

2. America pushed Putin into conflict, putting 12 secret CIA bases on his border, putting NATO in Ukraine, and funding a coup (Darth Nuland). Lloyd Austin MIC shill said, "We want to weaken Russia." Opps. FAFO. Yes, Putin will reclaim historic Russian areas which are also quite valuable; Russia now has arguably the strongest military in the world; and NATO / EU / USA ammunitions are hallowed out.

3. Covid not-a-vaccine untested & unproven. Dr. Fauci funded the research in a Chinese lab for the virus and covered it up. Sure looks like a high-level Big Pharma game. Pfizer makes $400 Billion?

Contradiction: miracle medication Ivermectin pilloried in Western media, Vitamin D, Zinc, and weight loss ignored.

4. 2020 Election rigged in multiple ways. Mathematically impossible: 6 states shut down computers; near simultaneously; all swing states; all swing by hundreds of thousands of votes; all swing to Biden / Obama. Drop boxes, vote by mail, & Lockdowns facilitated The Steal.

Further, the documentary 2000 Mules used geolocation to track vote "mules" illegally collecting and submitting thousands of illegal votes.

We should return to traceable paper ballots.

5. January 6 protest was very American, but Democrats plotted to prevent election challenges. Ringleader Ray Epps (FIB?) went from Top 10 Most Wanted to anonymous overnight. President Trump and Capitol police request for 10,000 National Guards were prevented by Nancy Pelosi & DC Mayor.

Epps and others directed & urged the entry into the Capitol! Reportedly dozens of FIB & other IC officials were inside the Capitol, leading many to conclude that this was a planned trap & Biden was installed.

J6 Americans are to this day jailed in inhumane conditions.

6. All elections are now in question. We need to return to traceable paper ballots. Drop boxes are ripe for abuse, and Biden / Obama appear to be rigging the next election - in part - with the aid of 8-15 Million unprecedented, new, highly orchestrated illegal immigrants. Somebody hates America.

7. High tech & MSM drones facilitated all of the above with censorship and the misinformation / disinformation game. Our MSM is completely corrupt.
Eastern Oregon Bear
movielover said:

Try this shorthand:

1. Climate is highly complex and Global Warming is unproven. ClimateGate revealed researchers submitting Fake data.

Contradiction: if CO2 - aka plant food - is the enemy, why is the same crowd against nuclear power? (California Libs don't define NP or Hydro as "green".)

2. America pushed Putin into conflict, putting 12 secret CIA bases on his border, putting NATO in Ukraine, and funding a coup (Darth Nuland). Lloyd Austin MIC shill said, "We want to weaken Russia." Opps. FAFO. Yes, Putin will reclaim historic Russian areas which are also quite valuable; Russia now has arguably the strongest military in the world; and NATO / EU / USA ammunitions are hallowed out.

3. Covid not-a-vaccine untested & unproven. Dr. Fauci funded the research in a Chinese lab for the virus and covered it up. Sure looks like a high-level Big Pharma game. Pfizer makes $400 Billion?

Contradiction: miracle medication Ivermectin pilloried in Western media, Vitamin D, Zinc, and weight loss ignored.

4. 2020 Election rigged in multiple ways. Mathematically impossible: 6 states shut down computers; near simultaneously; all swing states; all swing by hundreds of thousands of votes; all swing to Biden / Obama. Drop boxes, vote by mail, & Lockdowns facilitated The Steal.

Further, the documentary 2000 Mules used geolocation to track vote "mules" illegally collecting and submitting thousands of illegal votes.

5. January 6 protest was very American, but Democrats plotted to prevent election challenges. Ringleader Ray Epps (FIB?) went from Top 10 Most Wanted to anonymous overnight. President Trump and Capitol police request for 10,000 National Guards were prevented by Nancy Pelosi & DC Mayor.

Epps and others directed & urged the entry into the Capitol! Reportedly dozens of FIB & other IC officials were inside the Capitol, leading many to conclude that this was a planned trap & Biden was installed.

6. All elections are now in question. We need to return to traceable paper ballots. Drop boxes are ripe for abuse, and Biden / Obama appear to be rigging the next election - in part - with the aid of 8-15 Million unprecedented, new, highly orchestrated illegal immigrants. Somebody hates America.

7. High tech & MSM drones facilitated all of the above with censorship and the misinformation / disinformation game. Our MSM is completely corrupt.
January 6th was very American? How often have we stormed the Capitol, state Capitols or City Halls to prevent certifying elections? Name a few cases.

As for the rest, it's all been debunked before and you ignore it, so I won't bother doing so again. Well, I will say I'm against nuclear power because if there's a power plant accident, it renders large areas uninhabitable for hundreds of years. That's only after many endangered lives trying to stabilize the situation at very high expense. See Chernobyl and ***ushima. Even if the plants are run properly, outside actions can cause similar events. See the currently endangered nuclear power plant in Ukraine.
bearister
My favorite January 6 Insurrectionist nugget of the week:

" According to the Times, the unnamed valet also said Trump appeared unconcerned when he was told a civilian had been shot dead as the Capitol was stormed.

"I just remember seeing it in front of him," the valet said of a card given to Trump as he watched the riot on television. "I don't remember how it got there or whatever. But there was no, like, reaction."

* Ashli Babbitt is considered by the Right a patriot/soldier that died in tRump's war against the Deep State. Babbitt was just another chump to tRump (I'm a poet and don't know it) consistent with tRump's statements about soldiers.
https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/mar/21/trump-mike-pence-jan-6
movielover
The Guardian typically omits:

- President Trump told civilians to March "peacefully and patriotically" to the Capitol

J6 tweets included:

"Please support our Capitol Police and Law Enforcement. They are truly on the side of our Country. Stay peaceful!"

"I am asking for everyone at the U.S. Capitol to remain peaceful. No violence! Remember, WE are the Party of Law & Order respect the Law and our great men and women in Blue. Thank you!"

"These are the things and events that happen when a sacred landslide election victory is so unceremoniously & viciously stripped away from great patriots who have been badly & unfairly treated for so long. Go home with love & in peace. Remember this day forever!"

The Guardian also omits that magically, six swing counties all had their computers go down on election night, all miraculously swung hinds of thousands of votes in Biden's favor, and the election change was mathematically impossible.
bear2034
movielover said:

Try this shorthand:

movielover

movielover
Cal88

bear2034

Bad omen?
bear2034

Another bad omen? This is dajo9 territory.
movielover
bearister
World faces 'deathly silence' of nature as wildlife disappears, warn experts | Biodiversity | The Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2024/apr/16/world-faces-deathly-silence-of-nature-as-wildlife-disappears-warn-experts-aoe
Cal88
bearister said:

World faces 'deathly silence' of nature as wildlife disappears, warn experts | Biodiversity | The Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2024/apr/16/world-faces-deathly-silence-of-nature-as-wildlife-disappears-warn-experts-aoe

The main reason for the reduction in the number of birds is feral and domestic cats, which kill billions of birds in America every year.

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/news/faq-outdoor-cats-and-their-effects-on-birds/#:~:text=Feral%20cat%20colonies%20are%20a,human%20populations%20(Roebling%20et%20al.
movielover
My family had one cat who killed thousands of birds in his lifetime.
Unit2Sucks
bearister said:

Birds. Aren't. Real.

Everyone who is paying attention has known this for years. Decades ago the US government replaced all birds with drones to spy on US citizens. Thats what the whole FISA (Flying Identification and Surveillance Apparatus) debate has been about.

Of course, this stark reality won't stop the numerous conspiracy theories about the depopulation of birds. Some propagandists point to climate change, others blame car accidents or destruction of natural habitats including wetlands.

There was one study in 2011 funded by the federal government in order to hide its genocide of birds which extrapolated kills by 9 cats in Virginia to claim that cats kill billions of birds when we all know the a simple glass window would be the largest natural predator birds have if not for the feds. In fairness, you could argue that fat cats in DC are the real killers.

While we should mourn for birds, the drone industry has benefited greatly and it was just a matter of time before we lost every last bird to thr sliding glass door oligarchy. Don't even get me started on the Andersen and Marvin wars.

Eastern Oregon Bear
Cal88 said:

bearister said:

The main reason for the reduction in the number of birds is feral and domestic cats, which kill billions of birds in America every year.

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/news/faq-outdoor-cats-and-their-effects-on-birds/#:~:text=Feral%20cat%20colonies%20are%20a,human%20populations%20(Roebling%20et%20al.
So cats are killing more birds now than in the past?

Quote:

From your article:

• Feral cat colonies are a major part of the cat problem: feral or unowned cats are responsible for an estimated 69% of all cat-killed birds in the U.S.

Cats that don't get fed twice a day hunt more than family pets. Duh.

Cal88
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

Cal88 said:

bearister said:

So cats are killing more birds now than in the past?

Quote:

Cats that don't get fed twice a day hunt more than family pets. Duh.
Cats hunt and kill birds for sport.
Cal88
Unit2Sucks said:

bearister said:

Birds. Aren't. Real.

Everyone who is paying attention has known this for years. Decades ago the US government replaced all birds with drones to spy on US citizens. Thats what the whole FISA (Flying Identification and Surveillance Apparatus) debate has been about.

Of course, this stark reality won't stop the numerous conspiracy theories about the depopulation of birds. Some propagandists point to climate change, others blame car accidents or destruction of natural habitats including wetlands.

While we should mourn for birds, the drone industry has benefited greatly and it was just a matter of time before we lost every last bird to thr sliding glass door oligarchy. Don't even get me started on the Andersen and Marvin wars.

If you really want to make us laugh, you could re-post your Ukraine war analyses and predictions from 22 and 23 instead of engaging in bad attempts at humor.
movielover
They also must impact frogs, they did in my backyard. One outdoor dog, 3 cats, frogs gone.
Palestinian Chicken
Cal88 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

bearister said:

Birds. Aren't. Real.

If you really want to make us laugh, you could re-post your Ukraine war analyses and predictions from 22 and 23 instead of engaging in bad attempts at humor.
I think I might pay good money to see U2Sucks at an open mic comedy night just for the schadenfreude. He better bring the people that star his posts with him though if he wants to hear anybody laughing with him, as opposed to at him.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.