UN report: Effects of climate change even more severe than we thought

35,856 Views | 450 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by Palestinian Chicken
Eastern Oregon Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
chazzed said:

I'm pretty sure this is all natural cyclical variations. Besides, it was cold somewhere last week.
dimitrig
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

chazzed said:

I'm pretty sure this is all natural cyclical variations. Besides, it was cold somewhere last week.

Yes, Southern California. The entire spring.

movielover
The Brits shut down nuclear power plants = zero CO2.

movielover
Poland taking a stand again.

movielover
Cal88
chazzed said:

"There has been lots of discussion about the recent North Atlantic sea surface temperature anomaly (SSTA). Although the current temps in the North Atlantic are unprecedented in the satellite era they are not significantly different than those observed in the late 1930s (plot 'e' below). These temperatures are driven by poorly understood multidecadal variabilities with the possible influence of yet unidentified longer term oscillations."

https://pastglobalchanges.org/publications/pages-magazines/pages-magazine/10517
movielover
Financial Post: Ross McKitrick: The truth about forest fires goes up in climate-change smoke

We're told we should listen to the science, but the science on forest fires is that they peaked in the 1980s

Author of the article:Ross McKitrick, Special to Financial Post

Less numerically and smaller size.

https://financialpost.com/opinion/truth-about-forest-fires-up-in-climate-change-smoke
movielover
Where's the warm weather?

movielover
movielover
movielover
movielover

movielover
Eastern Oregon Bear
movielover said:

Where's the warm weather?
Asia. Here's your warm weather.
Haloski
movielover said:

Catturd doesn't know how to read.
dimitrig
Haloski said:

movielover said:

It's weird how these people cheer on the destruction of our planet and think that eating bugs is somehow among the worst things that could ever happen to us.

dajo9
Haloski said:

movielover said:

The tactic catturd used is pretty common by some people on this board too
American Vermin
Cal88
Quote:

It's weird how these people cheer on the destruction of our planet and think that eating bugs is somehow among the worst things that could ever happen to us.

What destruction? We're on the verge of nuclear war, planetary annihilation, and you're worried about a hypothetical rise of a degree or two over the next century, on the basis of faulty mathematical models that have been proven to be wrong decade after decade?

Also, bugs are toxic to humans, there is no reason to eat them.
dajo9
Cal88 said:

Quote:

What destruction? We're on the verge of nuclear war, planetary annihilation, and you're worried about a hypothetical rise of a degree or two over the next century, on the basis of faulty mathematical models that have been proven to be wrong decade after decade?

Yes Putin and climate change are the great external threats of our time
American Vermin
Cal88
The Dr. Strangeloves in this conflict are on our side, playing a game of nuclear chicken. Some of these ideologically-driven wingnuts actually believe they can survive a "limited" nuclear exchange, others think Russia has no real red lines.

Every doomer prediction of climate change since the 1980s has not been realized. Record crops every decade since, lower natural disaster rates, despite what the media hypes.
movielover
Cal88 said:

Quote:

More plant food (CO2), record food priduction.

Not to mention ClimateGate, where they cooked the books (temp records).
movielover
Cal88 said:

The Dr. Strangeloves in this conflict are on our side, playing a game of nuclear chicken. Some of these ideologically-driven wingnuts actually believe they can survive a "limited" nuclear exchange, others think Russia has no real red lines.

Every doomer prediction of climate change since the 1980s has not been realized. Record crops every decade since, lower natural disaster rates, despite what the media hypes.

We'd have substantially less forest fires if we logged, thinned, conducted hundreds of controlled burns, and still had logging roads (the Sierra Club sued to remove them). Remove trees killed by beetle infestation, and replanted with appropriate native trees.
movielover
dajo9
movielover said:

There was no reason to think Ford would be able to deliver a good EV product. As an organization they don't care about fuel economy. Years ago I went to a Ford dealership to learn about the Ford Fiesta and their new higher mpg. The salesman on the lot literally told me he prefers trucks and basically left me on my own. It's not in their dna.
American Vermin
concordtom
You post garbage all the time.
Buzz off.
concordtom
This story was really something!!
It's a Washington Post piece about Crawford Lake Ontario Canada that is quite unique. It's very small, but deep. And because of various features, it's extremely rare in that it's lakebed contains an annual record of seasonal sediment. They've taken cores back to 1300 and analyzed the impacts of man.

Crawford Lake is being considered the poster child, along with other areas like Greenland's melting ice, to represent the dawn of a new Era:

The Anthropocene.

https://apple.news/AxbwNJdkJTtGHbXW5wrs21A

dimitrig
movielover said:

EVs are such a disaster that the car company with the largest market cap in the world - larger than Toyota, GM, and Ford combined - is an EV-only company.

What a stupid take.

AunBear89
dimitrig said:

What a stupid take.

Well, consider the source and the troll that cited it.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
BearHunter
dimitrig said:

These people cheer on the destruction of underwater gas pipelines and dams if it fulfills their political agenda.
MinotStateBeav
movielover
BearHunter said:

dimitrig said:

These people cheer on the destruction of underwater gas pipelines and dams if it fulfills their political agenda.

Not to mention over 400k men killed in Ukraine.
movielover
He's a pleasure to listen to. I first heard him on the Dr. Bill Wattenburg program - Open line to the West Coast on KGO radio years ago.

FTR, Dr. Bill was a Cal alum (grad school), worked on the Apollo Mission, was an inventor, founded Berkeley Scientific, was a contemporary of Dr. Glenn Seaborg, and conducted research at Lawrence Livermore Labs. One of Dr. Bill's side gigs was fighting fires in the mountains, and he helped strategize on putting out the Kuwaiti oil rig fires.
concordtom
MinotStateBeav said:

I googled this guy and listened to an hour long presentation on YouTube by him.
Alarmed by what he said, I did a bit more research.

It appears he's a total quack.
I assume he's being funded by vested interests.
It was hard to have him try to convince me that seabirds swallowing plastic to serve as the grinding agent in their gizzards (as opposed to pebbles) was a good thing. He claimed the photos of dead birds with batteries in their guys was staged. This one, specifically. Really? How would he know. Was he there when the photographer was setting the scene? Gimme a break, these are all over the internet. But he's say something like, "birds die anyways, whether they consume plastic or not, the photos are proof of anything."

This article takes the Greenpeace betrayer head on:

https://thetyee.ca/Analysis/2021/06/04/Fact-Checking-Patrick-Moore-Climate-Skeptic/
sycasey
concordtom said:

MinotStateBeav said:

I googled this guy and listened to an hour long presentation on YouTube by him.
Alarmed by what he said, I did a bit more research.

It appears he's a total quack.
I assume he's being funded by vested interests.
It was hard to have him try to convince me that seabirds swallowing plastic to serve as the grinding agent in their gizzards (as opposed to pebbles). He claimed the photos of dead birds with batteries in their guys was staged. Really? How would he know.

https://thetyee.ca/Analysis/2021/06/04/Fact-Checking-Patrick-Moore-Climate-Skeptic/

You will find similar things with virtually everyone the deniers like to reference here.
concordtom
movielover said:

We'd have substantially less forest fires if we logged, thinned, conducted hundreds of controlled burns, and still had logging roads (the Sierra Club sued to remove them). Remove trees killed by beetle infestation, and replanted with appropriate native trees.

Appropriate native trees. Hmmm.
How's that? You think the burning Canadian forest is invasive species?

And tell me… these beetles, where did they come from and how did they get there?

Honestly, how did you get to be someone who goes against the grain on most all common thinking?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.