Bidenomics

51,895 Views | 771 Replies | Last: 19 hrs ago by dajo9
calbear93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dajo9 said:

dajo9 said:

calbear93 said:

dajo9 said:

calbear93 said:

bear2034 said:

Where did Kamala come up with the idea proposing price control on food? Someone or some group is whispering this in her ear?

Would love to understand when more government regulation on price has improved quality and options.
Health care for senior citizens, water, and electricity to name a few big ones.
Medicare suppresses healthcare prices for all? Who knew.No wonder prices are so low for healthcare.

Electricity and water price regulation are as a result of government mandated monopoly in a municipality because of the cost of the building the infrastructure. Are you suggesting we create and mandate food producer monopoly by the government like Russia in the 80s and Cuba?

You seem well informed.

I'm suggesting the capitalist tendency to consolidate has already created something approaching water and electricity market distortions and government action is appropriate.

You seem well informed

This is a great podcast on the consolidation of the food industry, which is far from competitive. Idiotic neoliberal establishment conservatives think this is all fine.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/audio/2024-03-27/odd-lots-how-big-ag-controls-what-americans-eat-podcast

So you go from incorrectly saying Robinson Patman Act has been ignored to now saying that the Hart Scott Rodino Act and Clayton Act on monopolistic acquisitions have been ignored? You throw these concepts around without understand what you are writing.

And then you throw in some tribalistic political nonsense hoping for fellow tribalist to give you some credence.
AunBear89
You must be a crap lawyer. You make all kinds of assumptions about people with very little evidence. Maybe you're one of those a-holes that never sees the inside of a courtroom and just sits around in board rooms and golf courses racking up billable hours with wealthy clients who are trying to get wealthier.

You are the moron who pretends to be a Christian. When someone identifies as such, the implication is that they live a Christlike life. In the majority of cases, they do not. They only pay lip service to the idea. I am well aware of the human named Jesus, and his teachings. And it is clear to me that you are not living by the standards that you claim.

Christian hypocrite. I have no problem with people who truly follow what they believe. I have zero respect for Richards like you who cosplay as Christians but live lives of avarice and look down on people they judge as beneath them. I do not recall any parts of the gospels where Jesus says this is cool.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
calbear93
AunBear89 said:

You must be a crap lawyer. You make all kinds of assumptions about people with very little evidence. Maybe you're one of those a-holes that never sees the inside of a courtroom and just sits around in board rooms and golf courses racking up billable hours with wealthy clients who are trying to get wealthier.

You are the moron who pretends to be a Christian. When someone identifies as such, the implication is that they live a Christlike life. In the majority of cases, they do not. They only pay lip service to the idea. I am well aware of the human named Jesus, and his teachings. And it is clear to me that you are not living by the standards that you claim.

Christian hypocrite. I have no problem with people who truly follow what they believe. I have zero respect for Richards like you who cosplay as Christians but live lives of avarice and look down on people they judge as beneath them. I do not recall any parts of the gospels where Jesus says this is cool.

And you must have been a crappy teacher.

You are the one with all the assumptions about Christianity.

Where in the Bible does it say a Christian is a Christian because he behaves that way? Dumb assumption. But your pathetic life accomplishments reflect your lack of understanding.

Could Christianity be about who we believe is Lord and Savior as opposed to acting religious like Pharisees? Acting like you understand without ever having cracked the gospels is such a fake liberal thing.

You think a mere human based teacher who claimed he was God and can forgive sins is not a crazy person? You come here completely uneducated (typical of bad teachers like you) about even the basics of apologetics.

What you confuse is some works based salvation, which is not Christianity. But you wouldn't know that because there isn't a lot that you know or have experienced.

And you may say I am a crappy lawyer but I suspect I have been recognized and rewarded a lot more than you have as a public school teacher now slumming in Kitsap.

But who cares about actual results when you can act like some big troll in what you call a stupid site. What else do you have?

And as far as avarice, I suspect I give a lot more to charities than you have living in your hick town. But who cares about your own sacrifice when you can point fingers at others

I will compare my life accomplishments against those of a loser like you any day.
AunBear89
Arrogant and belittling- just like Jesus.

The Bible says, "We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands. The man who says, 'I know him,' but does not do what he commands, … the truth is not in him" (1 John 2:34).

But what I know? I've only read most of the Bible. I'm sure you've read it all and understand everything and have all the answers.

Just another blowhard, sanctimonious, holier than thou "Christian".
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
calbear93
AunBear89 said:

Arrogant and belittling- just like Jesus.

The Bible says, "We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands. The man who says, 'I know him,' but does not do what he commands, … the truth is not in him" (1 John 2:34).

But what I know? I've only read most of the Bible. I'm sure you've read it all and understand everything and have all the answers.

Just another blowhard, sanctimonious, holier than thou "Christian".

And what kind of blowhard are you? Just a self-professed piece of dung failure who never claimed to be good? Just a self-designated troll of BI?

And what are His commandments? To appear holy to trolls? And why do you care so much about my obedience? Did Paul appease the idiot nonbelievers like you? Is your understanding that Christians are saved by what you believe to be obedience to the commandment?

My Christianity is not for you. I honestly do not care what you think about my Christianity. Your opinion of my beliefs adds nothing to your miserable existence where you and I will not meet in this life time or next nor take away from my relationship with God. If you are right, I have accomplished a lot more in this life and had a lot more comfort, resources and authority contributing to more people than you did in your pitiful existence, and we will both be forgotten in time. If I am right, you go from this misery of your existence to something even worse for eternity. Where is the upside for you?

So is your argument that I may do more for society and more than your trolling in Kitsap, but because I am Christian, you are morally superior because you never claimed to be anything but a piece of dung?

Only on BI would a complete failure like you ever get access to engage with people who are not complete loser like you.

But if you are still confused on Salvation by Faith Alone that your google search did not reveal:

Romans 3:
21 But now the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, although the Law and the Prophets bear witness to it-
22 the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction:
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
24 and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,
25 whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God's righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins.
26 It was to show his righteousness at the present time, so that he might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.

Ephesians 2:

8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,
9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast.
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.
AunBear89
You are a prlck , and your opinions about everything mean less to me than my opinion of you means to you.

" not a result of works, so that no one may boast.". You must have missed this part.
calbear93
AunBear89 said:

You are a prlck , and your opinions about everything mean less to me than my opinion of you means to you.

" not a result of works, so that no one may boast.". You must have missed this part.

And you are idiotic enough to think you can measure levels of indifference. How little must you have in life that you compete on who cares less. All I know is that nothing gets you out of your shed like responding unsolicited to my posts addressed to others. I don't recall ever responding to your posts to others. Strange obsession for someone who is measuring indifference. Gee, it really looks like you don't care and your indifference has led you to your obsession.

Let's just say no one cares about our respective opinions. And yet you are deluded enough to think anyone cares what someone like you who is so lacking in accomplishment, education, status or knowledge thinks. Wow, maybe I can give weight to his opinion to one day live in Kitsap in old age as a failed teacher. Someone who at this advanced age comes on an Internet forum to call someone a name thinks his opinion matters enough to offer it at every opportunity to a forum full of people who think he is a dumb joker.
AunBear89
Wow. Touched a nerve, did I? Don't blow a gasket.

I'm just going to leave things here in order to avoid risking your well being.

I hope you sort out whatever it is in your otherwise exemplary life that makes you so hostile and condescending on an anonymous internet message board.
calbear93
AunBear89 said:

Wow. Touched a nerve, did I? Don't blow a gasket.

I'm just going to leave things here in order to avoid risking your well being.

I hope you sort out whatever it is in your otherwise exemplary life that makes you so hostile and condescending on an anonymous internet message board.

Delusional and obsessed. How does a person so insignificant constantly assume greater impact than he is capable? I cannot imagine you have any impact even in a place like Kitsap. So why do you think you have any impact here? Touch a nerve? With what statement? Calling me names? The clever and original statements you are famous for? You really need to get out more and deal with reality and your place in it.

Being honest about you and your trolling failures is not condescending although it is almost impossible for a normal person not to be condescending with someone so inferior like you unless they intentionally lie to make you feel better.

The fact that you actually wrote about someone else being hostile on an anonymous message board makes me think you are clinically divorced from reality. Isn't that your whole act here? Are you that unaware?

How sad of a person can you be? Just cut to the chase and tell us you are miserable and that we are your support system for you get out of the shed.
AunBear89
I am as happy as can be. You take the bait every time because you can't resist the temptation to reveal your true self: a bitter, pathetic cuck that feels the need to insult and abuse.

If you had half a clue you would recognize that I only poke snowflake bears like yourself who insult others first. This is 003's excuse for insults, as it is your own.

So I guess we have reached the "I didn't start it, you did!" stage. But honestly, your verbose and unhinged reactions have become so predictable that the sport is gone.

So, you can pretend you scored a victory, or however you want to frame it, but remember: you have been exposed for fake Christian that you truly are.
calbear93
AunBear89 said:

I am as happy as can be. You take the bait every time because you can't resist the temptation to reveal your true self: a bitter, pathetic cuck that feels the need to insult and abuse.

If you had half a clue you would recognize that I only poke snowflake bears like yourself who insult others first. This is 003's excuse for insults, as it is your own.

So I guess we have reached the "I didn't start it, you did!" stage. But honestly, your verbose and unhinged reactions have become so predictable that the sport is gone.

So, you can pretend you scored a victory, or however you want to frame it, but remember: you have been exposed for fake Christian that you truly are.

Looks like you have no self-control or anything meaningful in your life. You can rationalize it all you want but you are seeking my attention by constantly looking to respond to my posts addressed to others. The fact that you come to an anonymous board and delude yourself that you are only trolling "snowflakes" without any attempt at real discussion reveals more about how little you have to occupy your time. You can write that you are happy but we are all experienced enough in life to know that your behavior does not match the lies you tell yourself. And that's how you end up in your advanced age where you are, and others like BearGoggle, Diablo, etc. end up in our retirement with more resources in life without having to rationalize like you do that money, comfort and accomplishment do not matter.

As I mentioned, the fact that you can develop complete obsessions over a stranger like me reveals that you have so little in real life to anchor you to reality and normalcy.

Example. After writing that you will not waste any more time on this discussion in the prior post, your strong desire for my attention from, as I mentioned, your odd obsession with a male stranger on a message board prevents you from restraining even for one post after coming all big like you have the self-control to refrain.

Your life is sad and not happy, fanboy.

For me, I will be done with this conversation with you in this thread . More to help you break your obsession with me and maybe get out once in awhile. Also because you really have no place on a thread discussing economy. You don't participate in it. So, I will demonstrate for you how to exercise self-control.
dajo9
I hope somebody tells Bloomberg that they are using the wrong definition of "wall of worry"

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-08-18/asia-set-for-steady-start-into-jackson-hole-week-markets-wrap?srnd=homepage-americas
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
DiabloWags
dajo9 said:

I hope somebody tells Bloomberg that they are using the wrong definition of "wall of worry"

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2024-08-18/asia-set-for-steady-start-into-jackson-hole-week-markets-wrap?srnd=homepage-americas

If you actually subscribed to Bloomberg ($625 for 2 years) you'd have realized that the quote that you take issue with is NOT from Bloomberg. I would have thought you'd be more astute, MBA or no MBA.

"Investors 'climbed a wall of worry' as the stock-market relief rally gained momentum," said Craig Johnson at Piper Sandler. "Equities will likely consolidate ahead of Fed commentary at Jackson Hole this week."
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
dajo9
DiabloWags said:

dajo9 said:

If you actually subscribed to Bloomberg ($625 for 2 years) you'd have realized that the quote that you take issue with is NOT from Bloomberg. I would have thought you'd be more astute, MBA or no MBA.

"Investors 'climbed a wall of worry' as the stock-market relief rally gained momentum," said Craig Johnson at Piper Sandler. "Equities will likely consolidate ahead of Fed commentary at Jackson Hole this week."
A couple things:
- Are you saying Craig Johnson at Piper Sandler is using the wrong defintion of wall of worry? If not, then who cares?
- At the time I copied the link, Bloomberg had "Wall of Worry" in the headline. They have since changed the headline. So, Bloomberg was, in fact, using that definition of "wall of worry" as they have many times in the past.
- I have a Bloomberg subscription.
bear2034

On Wednesday, the Bureau of Labor Statistics will downward revise jobs for the April 2023-March 2024 period by up to 1 million! This means that the US job market is in far worse shape than the Biden administration would admit.
DiabloWags

It's an annual benchmark revision.

Biggest downward revisions were as follows:

Professional & Business Services - 358,000
Leisure & Hospitality -150,000
Manufacturing - 115,000
Trade, Transport, Utilities - 104,000

Upward Revisions:

Health Services +87,000
Transportation and Warehousing +56,400
Other Services +21,000

Non-Farm payroll jobs totaled 158.7 million through July, an increase of 1.6% from the same period in 2023.

calbear93
DiabloWags said:

Biggest downward revisions were as follows:

Professional & Business Services - 358,000
Leisure & Hospitality -150,000
Manufacturing - 115,000
Trade, Transport, Utilities - 104,000

Upward Revisions:

Health Services +87,000
Transportation and Warehousing +56,400
Other Services +21,000

Non-Farm payroll jobs totaled 158.7 million through July, an increase of 1.6% from the same period in 2023.

I read a downward revision estimate from Goldman Sachs report yesterday of about a million so the 810K was somewhat of a relief. I think 25 basis cut in September seems like 100% now.
DiabloWags
The "Wall of Worry" now becomes whether or not the FED is behind on the curve.

Probability for a 1/4 point cut in September is 67.5% (down from 71.0% a day ago).

Why?

Because the probability for a 1/2 point cut is now up to 32.5% from 29.0% a day ago.

CME FedWatch - CME Group

dajo9
I do believe, even with this downward revision to jobs, it still holds that President Biden's worst jobs year (2023) delivered more jobs than Donold's best jobs year (2018). Won't know for sure until I look at month-by-month revisions but based on averages what I say above is true.
calbear93
DiabloWags said:

The "Wall of Worry" now becomes whether or not the FED is behind on the curve.

Probability for a 1/4 point cut in September is 67.5% (down from 71.0% a day ago).

Why?

Because the probability for a 1/2 point cut is now up to 32.5% from 29.0% a day ago.

CME FedWatch - CME Group

Sorry, I meant to write at least 25 basis points.

My guess would be .25% in September. The FED may still be worried about restarting inflation more than causing recession.

I think they pause in November and cut again in December, but they may cut both times.
bear2034
DiabloWags said:

Yikes!
bear2034

Kamalanomics
tequila4kapp
How is it that a years worth of data is so massively wrong? Serious question.
bear2034

Bidenomics
bearister
If you do the exact opposite of anything Larry Elder reccommends, you won't go too far astray in life.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bear2034
dajo9 said:

I do believe, even with this downward revision to jobs, it still holds that President Biden's worst jobs year (2023) delivered more jobs than Donold's best jobs year (2018). Won't know for sure until I look at month-by-month revisions but based on averages what I say above is true.

It depends. Which job numbers are you using, the correct ones or the fake ones?

dajo9
bear2034 said:

dajo9 said:

It depends. Which job numbers are you using, the correct ones or the fake ones?

Anyone who knows anything about these processes knows you are exposing yourself as completely ignorant.

Carry on
DiabloWags
I don't know who's dumber when it comes to how the Labor Dept presents job data . . .

Charlie Kirk or Bear2034

2024 Preliminary Benchmark Revision : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (bls.gov)

AunBear89
DiabloWags said:

I don't know who's dumber when it comes to how the Labor Dept presents job data . . .

Charlie Kirk or Bear2034

2024 Preliminary Benchmark Revision : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (bls.gov)

They can be equally extremely very dumb.
bear2034
dajo9 said:

Anyone who knows anything about these processes knows you are exposing yourself as completely ignorant.

Carry on
bear2034
bear2034

Anyone here qualified for Kamala's new proposal for taxes on unrealized capital gains?
dajo9
bear2034 said:

Anyone here qualified for Kamala's new proposal for taxes on unrealized capital gains?

Unlikely anyone here qualifies for either rate. You have to have income above $1M to have the 44.6% capital gains rate. Assets above $100M for the unrealized gains tax.
tequila4kapp
I'm afraid we may have to live through a Kamala Nightmare for people to realize how devoid of good ideas this version of the D party really is. So far the media cover up and Kamala Hiding Compaign appears to be working
dajo9
tequila4kapp said:

I'm afraid we may have to live through a Kamala Nightmare for people to realize how devoid of good ideas this version of the D party really is. So far the media cover up and Kamala Hiding Compaihn appears to be working

The wealthy are competing with each other to fly around in space and you think they are taxed enough?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.