The Non-Yogi Israel-Palestine war thread

189,393 Views | 2533 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by tequila4kapp
sycasey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Genocide Joe said:

sycasey said:

I see no reason for continuing to aid Israel as long as this guy is still in charge.

Yeah, but you'll still cast your vote for Genocide Joe cause mean tweets and failing at business ethics are worse offenses than supporting genocide.
Trump would not be any better on this issue than Biden, so not sure what your point is.
Lets Go Brandon
Genocide Joe said:

Love the fire here as Marc Lamont Hill lambasts the Mother Emanuel AME Church for inviting Genocide Joe onto holy ground. **** Joe Biden.

cbbass1
CaliforniaEternal said:

It's pretty clear you place all the blame on Israel and absolve the Palestinians of their heinous crimes and any agency for their own actions. If you think Hamas wants a two state solution, you are completely blind to everything they stand for and have done. It's the same thing with their supporters in the US. Hamas could have avoided this entire war if they hadn't launched a brutal massacre and stuck to their own territory in Gaza. There's no turning back the clock now and a ceasefire without a release of all hostages is not possible.
I don't play that game.

Go back and look at the words that I wrote. If I didn't say it, then that's not what I'm saying. Are we clear?

If you have an argument with something I wrote, or an assertion that I made, then quote me, and let's have at it.

But I refuse to debate your straw-man crap. I understand that when you don't have a compelling argument, winning against a straw man is the best you can do. But... come ON, man....!

Just read the Introduction on the 1st page of S Africa's case. They're clear (as am I) that Hamas' 10/7 attack was, by itself, a war crime.
Quote:

South Africa unequivocally condemns all violations of international law by all parties, including the direct targeting of Israeli civilians and other nationals and hostage-taking by Hamas and other Palestinian armed groups.
They go on to make an extremely important point:

Quote:

No armed attack on a State's territory, no matter how serious even an attack involving atrocity crimes can, however, provide any possible justification for, or defence to, breaches of the 1948 Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide ('Genocide Convention' or 'Convention'),1 whether as a matter of law or morality. The acts and omissions by Israel complained of by South Africa are genocidal in character because they are intended to bring about the destruction of a substantial part of the Palestinian national, racial and ethnical group, that being the part of the Palestinian group in the Gaza Strip ('Palestinians in Gaza'). The acts in question include killing Palestinians in Gaza, causing them serious bodily and mental harm, and inflicting on them conditions of life calculated to bring about their physical destruction. The acts are all attributable to Israel, which has failed to prevent genocide
and is committing genocide in manifest violation of the Genocide Convention, and which has also violated and is continuing to violate its other fundamental obligations under the Genocide Convention, including by failing to prevent or punish the direct and public incitement to genocide by senior Israeli officials and others.

What is abundantly clear is that Hamas knew exactly how Netanyahu, Israel's Zionist extremists, and the IDF would respond to 10/7, because they've made their intentions of genocide and ethnic cleansing clear, repeatedly, in public statements, for years.

The harsh reality is that Hamas was willing to sacrifice their own neighbors & families in order to put Israel in the spotlight regarding human rights.

It's unlikely that Israel (or the U.S., for that matter) survive this without becoming 2nd-class citizens in the court of world opinion.

Hamas wants exactly what the Bibi & the Likudniks want: Total victory. "From the River to the Sea." All of it.

Neither will get what they want. Fortunately, the rest of the world is smart enough to not leave it to either the Israeli Government or the Palestinians & Hamas to make that call.

That's why we have the U.N. Every year, the U.N. General Assembly passes a resolution to create a Palestinian State, containing the West Bank & Gaza.

Of course, the U.S. is the lone vote on the U.N. Security Council to veto the resolution. And so it goes.

This is a case where JFK had it right: "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."

Israel and the U.S. are very concerned about S Africa's genocide case. It's a very solid case, and it's painstakingly documented. I've already shared the most recent update of the extensive database of Israeli Expressions of Genocidal Intent. What I'll share here is something that you'll never see on corporate media, because it'll never get past the pro-Israel censors.

[Note: These expressions are shocking and disturbing. DO NOT expose children or sensitive people to this level of depravity. Use discretion.]

What is wrong with these Israelis?

I thought that "Never Again" meant Never. Again.

Here are some videos for the S African case against Israeli genocide. In the U.S., only the Israeli response was streamed live. The original live stream for the presentation of the case was not streamed live by corporate media.

S Africa's case - long version (3 hrs)

Irish lawyer's stunning speech at The Hague accusing Israel of genocide in Gaza (30 min)

S African lawyer lays out case against Israeli genocide

Lets Go Brandon
Quote:

I thought that "Never Again" meant Never. Again.
"Never Again" meant "Again."

IOIYAJ
CaliforniaEternal
lol, South Africa's govt is nothing more than the Hamas foreign ministry. Politicizing genocide because they will try anything to stop a war they're losing badly is pathetic. Somehow, they rabidly support Hamas which actually calls in its charter to destroy Israel and wage jihad against Jews.

Btw, Kfir Bibas turned one year old in some filthy tunnel while imprisoned with his toddler brother and mom. Keeping an infant hostage underground for months without daylight or fresh air is hard to comprehend. Anyone calling for a ceasefire without their release is morally corrupt but that's what many so-called human rights organizations and other virtue signalers are doing.

Hamas will continue to get their due and it's terrible that they've caused so much calamity to civilians. The Palestinians sure have some great friends worldwide egging them on to wage armed conflicts.
Cal88
CaliforniaEternal said:

lol, South Africa's govt is nothing more than the Hamas foreign ministry. Politicizing genocide because they will try anything to stop a war they're losing badly is pathetic. Somehow, they rabidly support Hamas which actually calls in its charter to destroy Israel and wage jihad against Jews.

Btw, Kfir Bibas turned one year old in some filthy tunnel while imprisoned with his toddler brother and mom. Keeping an infant hostage underground for months without daylight or fresh air is hard to comprehend. Anyone calling for a ceasefire without their release is morally corrupt but that's what many so-called human rights organizations and other virtue signalers are doing.

Hamas will continue to get their due and it's terrible that they've caused so much calamity to civilians. The Palestinians sure have some great friends worldwide egging them on to wage armed conflicts.

Keeping an infant hostage underground for months without daylight or fresh air is hard to comprehend, but blowing 20,000 Palestinian children to pieces is perfectly understandable!
CaliforniaEternal
Wow, you follow the Hamas company line of refusing to identify how many of the dead are combatants. Have a good time going off to block freeways with your friends.
Big C

Hamas sucks! Why, if Israel could isolate them and round 'em up, I wouldn't mind at all if they then "brought them to justice", if you know what I mean. However, I'm not sure if it's a humane or even a productive strategy to destroy most of Gaza in this pursuit.
cbbass1
sycasey said:

Genocide Joe said:

sycasey said:

I see no reason for continuing to aid Israel as long as this guy is still in charge.

hxxs://x.com/ap/status/1748034010079502589?s=46&t=V7xIXbvJu4pWYQrZSv3olA
Yeah, but you'll still cast your vote for Genocide Joe cause mean tweets and failing at business ethics are worse offenses than supporting genocide.
Trump would not be any better on this issue than Biden, so not sure what your point is.

Since both Biden & Trump are in full & unwavering support of Israeli genocide, they're both equally horrible.

From his interviews, I thought RFK Jr might be a politician who would work toward peace. Nope. He's even more committed, calling Israel like our battleship in the Middle East, helping the U.S. control the world's oil supply.

Looks like I'll be voting for Dr. Cornel West. Because I'm not going to vote for anyone who supports genocide. Period.
tequila4kapp
"No armed attack on a State's territory, no matter how serious even an attack involving atrocity crimes can, however, provide any possible justification for, or defence to, breaches of the 1948 Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide ('Genocide Convention' or 'Convention'),1 whether as a matter of law or morality. The acts and omissions by Israel complained of by South Africa are genocidal in character because they are intended to bring about the destruction of a substantial part of the Palestinian national, racial and ethnical group, that being the part of the Palestinian group in the Gaza Strip ('Palestinians in Gaza'). The acts in question include killing Palestinians in Gaza, causing them serious bodily and mental harm, and inflicting on them conditions of life calculated to bring about their physical destruction. The acts are all attributable to Israel, which has failed to prevent genocide and is committing genocide in manifest violation of the Genocide Convention, and which has also violated and is continuing to violate its other fundamental obligations under the Genocide Convention, including by failing to prevent or punish the direct and public incitement to genocide by senior Israeli officials and others."

===

I appreciate whoever posted this. Literally by definition, Israel is not committing genocide. They are not committed to destroying the people of Gaza. They are committing to destroying Hamas. Palestinians in Gaza have been killed as a consequence of the military actions taken against Hamas. There is a difference and it matters.
Cal88
tequila4kapp said:

"No armed attack on a State's territory, no matter how serious even an attack involving atrocity crimes can, however, provide any possible justification for, or defence to, breaches of the 1948 Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide ('Genocide Convention' or 'Convention'),1 whether as a matter of law or morality. The acts and omissions by Israel complained of by South Africa are genocidal in character because they are intended to bring about the destruction of a substantial part of the Palestinian national, racial and ethnical group, that being the part of the Palestinian group in the Gaza Strip ('Palestinians in Gaza'). The acts in question include killing Palestinians in Gaza, causing them serious bodily and mental harm, and inflicting on them conditions of life calculated to bring about their physical destruction. The acts are all attributable to Israel, which has failed to prevent genocide and is committing genocide in manifest violation of the Genocide Convention, and which has also violated and is continuing to violate its other fundamental obligations under the Genocide Convention, including by failing to prevent or punish the direct and public incitement to genocide by senior Israeli officials and others."

===

I appreciate whoever posted this. Literally by definition, Israel is not committing genocide. They are not committed to destroying the people of Gaza. They are committing to destroying Hamas. Palestinians in Gaza have been killed as a consequence of the military actions taken against Hamas. There is a difference and it matters.

Military actions taken against Hamas... that have killed 20,000 women and children (to date)?

Israel is destroying the people of Gaza, they have already killed or wounded 5% of their population, destroyed their houses, schools, civil infrastructure. hospitals, mosques, churches, colleges, powerplants, dropping 30,000 bombs and shells in a densely populated area the size of Manhattan, a massive and indiscriminate bombing campaign.

They are going into buildings and killing civilians, they are sniping old ladies in front of churches, and shooting anyone that tries to rescue them. They are targeting ambulances, doctors, journalists and their families in targeted bombing campaigns. Israel is conducting collective punishment on a massive scale, carpet bombing entire neighborhoods then telling their residents to go somewhere else, only to bomb these areas as well.

This is not a targeted military operation in any sense, the motivation here is clearly revenge and bloodlust. This has been a massive depopulation and ethnic cleansing campaign. They are literally starving millions of innocent people, with our tax money and bombs. It fits every definition of genocide.

Lets Go Brandon
Quote:

Literally by definition, Israel is not committing genocide. They are not committed to destroying the people of Gaza. They are committing to destroying Hamas.

Lets Go Brandon

cbbass1
tequila4kapp said:

===

Thanks for the talking points that Israel's apologists always repeat, on censored Western corporate media, to explain why their mass-murder of 24,000+ civilians isn't genocide.

Everyone else in the world can clearly see what's happening, and they're repulsed by it.

Besides, the IDF knows that Hamas is in the tunnels, which are well-protected from Israel's U.S.-made "bunker-buster" 2000-lb bombs. They know that civilians are above ground, and Hamas is below. And still, they bomb & kill civilians by the thousands.

It IS genocide. You're just gullible enough to believe the Israelis and the IDF.

U.S. corporate media constantly repeats the Palestinian calls for taking back their homeland, and destroying Israell.

What you don't hear/see is Israelis expressing the same sentiments against the Palestinians.

IF the Israelis interpret the Palestinians' call for "From the River to the sea" as calling for genocide, then by the same logic, the Likud Party platform is also a similar call for genocide.

I urge you to watch this video -- all the way through -- and let us know what you think (before it gets censored):

The video is 3 weeks old; there have been many more public expressions of genocidal intent by Israeli officials in government, media, the IDF, and by individuals through all levels of Israeli society since this video was produced.

Think about it: IF Israel isn't intending genocide & ethnic cleansing, then they should be fine with a cease-fire, no? We've had exchanges of hostages during the previous cease-fire, but not since. IF they wanted to get the hostages back, why wouldn't they just stop the killing?

The IDF has lost around 500 soldiers trying to 'search & destroy' Hamas fighters on the ground. When they're doing that, they're actually fighting Hamas. But when they're dropping 2000-lb bunker-busters on apartments, hospitals, and refugee camps, they're intentionally killing civilians.

Congratulations, you're one of the few educated people in the world who's gullible enough to believe that Israel's mass-murder is OK because they're fighting Hamas.

If the roles were reversed, and Hamas was dropping 2000-lb bombs on Israelis, you would agree that it was genocide -- no matter what they said to justify it after the fact.
Lets Go Brandon 2
LOL at all the censorship in this thread

And this one especially for CaliforniaEternal

Jaylen Brown on the right side of history:

tequila4kapp
News report: 12 members of UNRWA voluntarily participated in the 10/7 Hamas terrorist attack. US pauses further aid.

The UNRWA is supposed to be the neutral UN agency that delivers aid, etc. UN employees are not just "not neutral", they are actual terrorists.
movielover
tequila4kapp said:

News report: 12 members of UNRWA voluntarily participated in the 10/7 Hamas terrorist attack. US pauses further aid.

The UNRWA is supposed to be the neutral UN agency that delivers aid, etc. UN employees are not just "not neutral", they are actual terrorists.

The UN is allegedly helping illegal immigrants pour into the USA.
Cal88
Good summary of the International Court of Justice case against Israel:

ICJ orders Israel to prevent acts of genocide in Gaza

The International Court of Justice (ICJ) on Friday ordered Israel to take measures to prevent acts of genocide in Gaza while announcing its initial ruling on a case South Africa brought to the court.
https://www.france24.com/en/middle-east/20240126-%F0%9F%94%B4-live-int-l-court-of-justice-to-rule-on-request-for-urgent-measures-in-gaza-genocide-case
tequila4kapp
movielover said:

tequila4kapp said:

Is that meant to be humor?
Cal88
tequila4kapp said:

UNRWA has a staff of 30,000.

The US suspending their aid because 0.04% of that organization (12 members) were allegedly involved in the Hamas attack is at best a copout, and more concretely a gesture that is going to further aggravate the ongoing genocide in Gaza, which has been largely enabled by US participation.
tequila4kapp
cbbass1 said:

tequila4kapp said:

===

Thanks for the talking points that Israel's apologists always repeat, on censored Western corporate media, to explain why their mass-murder of 24,000+ civilians isn't genocide.

Everyone else in the world can clearly see what's happening, and they're repulsed by it.

Besides, the IDF knows that Hamas is in the tunnels, which are well-protected from Israel's U.S.-made "bunker-buster" 2000-lb bombs. They know that civilians are above ground, and Hamas is below. And still, they bomb & kill civilians by the thousands.

It IS genocide. You're just gullible enough to believe the Israelis and the IDF.

U.S. corporate media constantly repeats the Palestinian calls for taking back their homeland, and destroying Israell.

What you don't hear/see is Israelis expressing the same sentiments against the Palestinians.

IF the Israelis interpret the Palestinians' call for "From the River to the sea" as calling for genocide, then by the same logic, the Likud Party platform is also a similar call for genocide.

I urge you to watch this video -- all the way through -- and let us know what you think (before it gets censored):

The video is 3 weeks old; there have been many more public expressions of genocidal intent by Israeli officials in government, media, the IDF, and by individuals through all levels of Israeli society since this video was produced.

Think about it: IF Israel isn't intending genocide & ethnic cleansing, then they should be fine with a cease-fire, no? We've had exchanges of hostages during the previous cease-fire, but not since. IF they wanted to get the hostages back, why wouldn't they just stop the killing?

The IDF has lost around 500 soldiers trying to 'search & destroy' Hamas fighters on the ground. When they're doing that, they're actually fighting Hamas. But when they're dropping 2000-lb bunker-busters on apartments, hospitals, and refugee camps, they're intentionally killing civilians.

Congratulations, you're one of the few educated people in the world who's gullible enough to believe that Israel's mass-murder is OK because they're fighting Hamas.

If the roles were reversed, and Hamas was dropping 2000-lb bombs on Israelis, you would agree that it was genocide -- no matter what they said to justify it after the fact.

I quoted the definition and expressed a cogent argument for applying the definition. You responded with a conclusion (it is genocide) and a justification (everyone knows it) then an attack (gullible). Weak sauce.

Hamas' "constitution" literally calls for the killing of all Jews and the destruction of Israel. Hamas has said 10/7 will happen again and again. Hamas is an existential threat to Israel. Of course they are not going to agree to a permanent cease fire. That is an absurd proposition because it allows Hamas to survive, in which case this cycle continues again another day.

Of course there are outraged Israelis who use unfortunate language. How are people supposed to react when their citizens are burned alive, beheaded, raped, killed and kidnapped? Give me a break.
Unit2Sucks
tequila4kapp said:

UNRWA is unlike every other UN agency. It's been problematic for decades due to its close ties to Hamas leadership and its way past time for the UN to do something about it. Hiding weapons caches, teaching anti-semitism, teachers housing hostages post 10/7, etc. It needs to be re-constituted as an independent organization after Hamas is eliminated.

I believe I've posted about it in this thread or others have, but this is about the least surprising news I've heard today.
Eastern Oregon Bear
tequila4kapp said:

movielover said:

tequila4kapp said:

Is that meant to be humor?
Allegedly, movielover doesn't consider it a full day unless he flings poo in a few places.
Lets Go Brandon 3
International Court of Justice rules against the genocidal state of Israel.

Cal88
Lets Go Brandon 3

Chapman_is_Gone
Go Israel Go! Push them all into Egypt!
Lets Go Brandon 3
Unit2Sucks said:

tequila4kapp said:

UNRWA is unlike every other UN agency. It's been problematic for decades due to its close ties to Hamas leadership and its way past time for the UN to do something about it. Hiding weapons caches, teaching anti-semitism, teachers housing hostages post 10/7, etc. It needs to be re-constituted as an independent organization after Hamas is eliminated.

I believe I've posted about it in this thread or others have, but this is about the least surprising news I've heard today.

Cal88
Chapman_is_Gone said:

Go Israel Go! Push them all into Egypt!

Nancy agrees with you.

bear2034

What's Nancy up to these days?
Lets Go Brandon 3
Continues to be amusing how easily people fall for Israeli propaganda.

Eastern Oregon Bear
Genocide Joe said:

Unit2Sucks said:

tequila4kapp said:

Point of clarification: it says right in the tweet that Noga Arabella is a former Israeli official.
cbbass1
tequila4kapp said:

Let me correct that for you:

Israel alleges that "12 members of UNRWA voluntarily participated in the 10/7 Hamas terrorist attack."

Of course, we know that Israel's intelligence services have water-tight evidence of this, because even though they can see & hear everything that all Palestinians do with their smartphones, Hamas took them completely by surprise on 10/7. Just like we "know" that there was a Major Command & Control Center underneath the Al-Shifa Hospital. Riight.

Israel considers UNRWA biased, because a few participated in 10/7. A few out of the 30,000 who live & work in Gaza. Never mind that 152 UNRWA workers have been killed since 10/7. Along with the 26,000+ innocent civilians in Gaza. So far.

What Are We Doing?? by Ryan Grim

By cutting funding from UNRWA, the U.S. moves Israel closer to its goal.
Quote:

If you read the Western media, this is a simple situation: the relief agency employed terrorists, so it has to go.

Yet those same people would never say the same thing about, say, a major police force found to have employed a militiaman from a white supremacist group. If a janitor at a university was found to be a terrorist, would we defund the university? You'd fire them, charge them if they committed a crime, and review what went wrong in your process. That's exactly how UNRWA responded.

Norway is a close ally of Europe, but it is among the few not to abandon the refugee agency, and their foreign minister's comment reads, to me, unimpeachably sound and ethical. "If you have 30,000 employees who are embedded in society," he said "to try to be absolutely certain that you have zero risk is very difficult even if you have zero tolerance, which is exactly why I want to continue our funding. I urge other donors to do so and then we will collectively work with UNRWA to make sure everything comes on the table with what actually happened and what UNRWA will do to prevent something like this from happening again, but we cannot collectively punish all the people who are refugees."

In a sane world, that would be that, and we'd wait for the investigation. In this world, the agency is staring down the barrel of bankruptcy by the end of February, as they announced today.

Lets Go Brandon 3
Israel disguises themselves as doctors to kill Palestinian patients in the West Bank

Once again, Israel is unable to provide any evidence for their claims about underground tunnels

Cal88
This thread has gone from people arguing whether the bombing that killed dozens at the entrance of Al Shifa hospital was done by Israel or by Hamas, and whether a dead baby was real or some kind of expensive doll prop, to ignoring that most of Gaza has already been bombed out.

Those who were lucky enough to not belong to the 5% of the population that was killed or injured are now having to face disease and starvation with thousands of corpses rotting under the rubble, no sanitation and no running water, left to the elements without shelter.

This is the current harrowing picture today, showing the extent of the Israeli carpet bombing of nearly all neighborhoods in Gaza:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/ng-interactive/2024/jan/30/how-war-destroyed-gazas-neighbourhoods-visual-investigation

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.