White House has settled in

680,286 Views | 4703 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by cbbass1
GBear4Life
How long do you want to ignore this user?
sycasey said:

GBear4Life said:

Hasn't been a candidate worth voting for in my adult life. Plus I live in California.

If you were paying attention, my post was about blow-hard hypocrisy, morally and politically, not about making fun of politicians.

You sure hold forth on political matters in general, though.

And in every election there should be some candidate you like more than the other. No excuse.
You put way too much credence in who occupies the WH. People think dropping a piece of paper gives them the license to have an opinion. Spare me. California contrarian vote is useless. The vote matters in a swing state.
B.A. Bearacus
Some of us are deeply disturbed that we have a straight up pathological liar as president. Others are eh, so he's a jerk with some character flaws.

concordtom
bearister said:

I bet Tony the Mooch wishes Mueller's crack team of investigators had some leakers so that the Trump Syndicate could get a heads up with enough lead time to pack Go bags and light out for Rio. The first warning they are going to get is seeing Federal Marshals flooding onto the White House grounds with perp walks through the Rose Garden to follow.
that would be so awesome.
They should do it at a time when all the GOP leadership is over there, too. Snag em all at once:

Trump
Pence
Sanders
McConnell
Graham
Et al......

Take about 50 of them, march them to the Potomac and have them keep on going. Particularly when it's frozen over in January.

concordtom
sycasey said:

GBear4Life said:

Hasn't been a candidate worth voting for in my adult life. Plus I live in California.

If you were paying attention, my post was about blow-hard hypocrisy, morally and politically, not about making fun of politicians.

You sure hold forth on political matters in general, though.

And in every election there should be some candidate you like more than the other. No excuse.
GB4Life sat on a hill and watched the ashes fall all around his town, smoked a cigarette and then said, "well anyways, dear, there's nothing to be done about it, so let's get away from this mess and visit your parents in the country."
B.A. Bearacus
Another Bear
Voting isn't just about "worthy" candidates but also PARTICIPATION IN DEMOCRACY.

In any case my old pappy has a saying about voting, if you don't vote, don't biitch...you didn't do your part.
B.A. Bearacus

Why would you ever do things on principle? Where's the transactional value in that? Sounds dumb.
Another Bear
B.A. Bearacus said:

Why would you ever do things on principle? Where the transactional value in that? Sounds dumb.
Man what the hell you doing, trying some grand Trumpian logic trick here?
bearister

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Another Bear

bearister
Siege review: Michael Wolff's Trump tale is Fire and Fury II fire harder

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jun/02/siege-review-michael-wolff-trump-fire-and-fury?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

"As Wolff describes it, Donald Trump calls Kushner "a girl". As for his vice-president, he's a "religious nut". "Why does he look at me like that?" Trump asks about Pence's beatific gaze. As for Pence's wife, Karen? "She really gives me the creeps."

Also see:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/may/28/bannon-trump-organization-criminal-enterprise-comments-michael-wolff-book?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

"The former White House adviser Steve Bannon has described the Trump Organization as a criminal entity and predicted that investigations into the president's finances will lead to his political downfall, when he is revealed to be "not the billionaire he said he was, just another scumbag"
bearister
bearister

"There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart that you can't take part. You can't even passively take part. And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all."
Mario Savio

*Tomorrow marks the 30th Anniversary of Tank Man.
B.A. Bearacus

bearister
Another Bear
Re: impeachment... Pelosi has inferred the Dems will only proceed with a airtight case against Trump (keep true 10 House investigations going) and Majority Whip John Cornyn says it's all in the timing.

I think the tide has turned. Now it's a matter of momentum and playing the hand.

bearister

As much as I hate to say this, that is a good look for tRump's hair. He looks less Mad Kingish....unless of course they sent Fake tRump and Fake Melania out this weekend.
bearister
"The second season of our TV show, "Axios on HBO," premiered at 6 pm ET with an interview with President Trump's son-in-law and senior adviser Jared Kushner." Axios Kushner discussed his Middle East Plan.

My question:
Why would the Palestinians have any interest what the thoughts are of a mediocre high school student, a guy whose daddy purchased his slot in college, and a failed businessman with regard to one of the most complex political problems in history?
Another Bear

Majority House Whip, John Clyburn is saying impeachment is coming. Not if but WHEN.

Pelosi wants an ironclad process. Clyburn is calling it efficient process. Keep investigating, gain public support.
B.A. Bearacus
God-given follicle location:

bearister
bearister

A 'Bridge' to China, and Her Family's Business, in the Trump Cabinet

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/02/us/politics/elaine-chao-china.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share
BearNIt
Jared Kushner's interview with Axios was an absolute **** show. How could this idiot be in the position that he is? How the hell did he get a security clearance? Why would the Palestinians trust this guy to construct a fair and equitable peace plan? How could he not contact the FBI if he were contacted by the Russians offering a clandestine meeting, knowing what he knows now? What about birtherism is not racist? Get rid of this clown before he gets American servicemen killed.
B.A. Bearacus
bearister

The 10 Steps to Impeach a President by Robert Reich

https://www.google.com/amp/s/robertreich.org/post/162982167115/amp
B.A. Bearacus
Could see how DT would be nauseated by the concept of service.

GBear4Life
That's $999,999 more than was warranted. DT was being generous.
B.A. Bearacus
bearister said:

As much as I hate to say this, that is a good look for tRump's hair. He looks less Mad Kingish....unless of course they sent Fake tRump and Fake Melania out this weekend.

Regarding that new look...

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/04/politics/trump-church-virginia-beach-shooting-pastor-letter/index.html
B.A. Bearacus

Quote:

A recent sampling:

CNN: "The Mueller report: A catalog of 77 Trump team lies and falsehoods."

Minneapolis Star Tribune: "President Trump lies to troops about pay raise."

Financial Times: "The real reason Donald Trump lies."

Los Angeles Times: "Mueller report exposes all the president's liars."

Chicago Tribune: "Why are Trump's lies not ruinous to him? Because truth can be in the eye of the beholder."

The New Yorker: "It's True: Trump Is Lying More, and He's Doing It on Purpose."

Foreign Policy: "Does It Matter That Trump Is a Liar?"
B.A. Bearacus
DT to Piers Morgan: "Nobody ever heard of the country [Vietnam]" during the U.S.'s war in that country and "I wouldn't have minded serving" in the military.

He is not ****ing allowed to say this.
Another Bear
Trump went to military school. He knows the deal...anyone serving with Dump would soon surmise the only way to deal with him would be a good old fashion fragging.
B.A. Bearacus

Quote:
"The House, assuming an impeachment inquiry leads to a conclusion of Trump's guilt, could choose between presenting articles of impeachment even to a Senate pre-committed to burying them and dispensing with impeachment as such while embodying its conclusions of criminality or other grave wrongdoing in a condemnatory "Sense of the House" resolution far stronger than a mere censure. The resolution, expressly and formally proclaiming the president impeachable but declining to play the Senate's corrupt game, is one that even a president accustomed to treating everything as a victory would be hard-pressed to characterize as a vindication."

"[T]he idea would be to build into the very design of this particular inquiry an offramp that would make bypassing the Senate an option while also nourishing the hope that a public fully educated about what this president did would make even a Senate beholden to this president and manifestly lacking in political courage willing to bite the bullet and remove him."
Another Bear
So Speaker Pelosi wants Trump in prison in response to the calls for impeachment. Her main point, still need the Senate and they won't do their job, so impeachment isn't a solution.

At this point there's 17 months until the 2020 election. I'd concentrate on winning that, securing the House and taking the Senate. Then if Trump wins...start impeachment proceedings. Throw his second term into turmoil.
Unit2Sucks
Another Bear said:

Throw his second term into turmoil.
As long as Trump lives he will generate turmoil. It's his natural state and has been the one consistent thing about him. Well I guess that and lying.
Another Bear
Unit2Sucks said:

Another Bear said:

Throw his second term into turmoil.
As long as Trump lives he will generate turmoil. It's his natural state and has been the one consistent thing about him. Well I guess that and lying.
Hahaha...point taken. Still if you want to see turmoil and pure bat guano cray...I think Trump under impeachment would be peak.
First Page Last Page
Page 87 of 135

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.