Breaking News

1,001,291 Views | 11826 Replies | Last: 36 min ago by movielover
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
New season of It's Only Sunny in Philadelphia, Episode 1: Yep.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
okaydo
concordtom
Excellent video report by Dana Bash! Thank you for the assist, Okaydo!

I had not heard of these moderate Dem badasses. Love the development.
bearister
I guess tRump isn't satisfied just looting America:

Ireland paid Trump resort 100k to host police protecting him

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/sep/29/ireland-paid-trump-resort-100k-for-hosting-officers-protecting-him?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
concordtom
I thought this was very good yesterday. I've queued the link to 29:16 so the pertinent quote plays. Insightful and well said.
Lemmings will be fooled.

"....they (the media) make a very convenient enemy. And he wants to position the press as being the opposition party so that the press will not be believed, so that he can undermine the credibility of the press.

And that's what he's trying to do. He's trying to disqualify the press as an arbiter of fact so that there's only one person, one institution that is believed, the White House and himself. So that his -- so that the public will only believe him and believe no one else.

And it's not just disqualifying the press as an arbiter of fact, it's disqualifying the courts as an arbiter of fact, the intelligence agencies as an arbiter of fact, the scientists as an arbiter of fact, historians as an arbiter of fact. Any independent source of information is being disqualified as an arbiter of fact or would be if he had his way."

concordtom
Is it possible for Giuliani to disgrace himself any further?

The segment is one continual interruption of blather. Somebody send him onto a Florida cruise ship where he can get some fresh air and consider jumping overboard.

"And we are joined now by the President's personal lawyer liar."
bearister
Jake Tapper's One on One with Jim Jordan today is MUST SEE TV. Jordan responding to questions regarding tRump, Rudy and the Ukraine in a speaking voice twice the speed of an auctioneer is not good optics. He is like a 12 year old boy that got caught by his grandma looking at a Penthouse.
concordtom
If I were 12 and caught by grandma, I would've just hung my head in shame.
B.A. Bearacus
We are all Robert De Niro.

bearister
concordtom said:

If I were 12 and caught by grandma, I would've just hung my head in shame.

....and with regard to Stephen Miller on Chris Wallace's show, I'm not quite sure what his grandmother caught him doing.

Mr. Miller did nicely sum up the mindset of tRump supporters:

"You either want a Democracy in this country or a country controlled by THE DEEP STATE."

concordtom
I recall long ago hearing someone say that when they did the post WW2 analysis of how it came to pass that Hitler came to power and whipped up a nation into starting WW2, it was revealed that Hitler was just saying a bunch of nonsense, like "Germany is great" and "we have determination".... Like, these were at the same time normal things that any nation would want to say, and at the same time they were nuts, because he wasn't really saying anything at all.

It was THE WAY he said it that got the crowds all riled up and into a tizzy.
Basically, hypnosis. "Take me to your leader!"

The Force is strong in Darth Vader, Hitler, and Trump.

concordtom
bearister said:

Jake Tapper's One on One with Jim Jordan today is MUST SEE TV. Jordan responding to questions regarding tRump, Rudy and the Ukraine in a speaking voice twice the speed of an auctioneer is not good optics. He is like a 12 year old boy that got caught by his grandma looking at a Penthouse.
What a f'ing loser.
He has really angered me in the past with his style and his bullchit.
But in this one I really feel sorry for him, and I'm not sure which display is more embarrassing: Giuliani or Jordan?

Mama said if you can't say anything nice about the person then don't say anything at all. Here's something nice:
The best thing about Jordan are his growing bald spots in the front of his scalp which make me laugh.

It's amazing what passes for political discourse these days.
The Republican Party is a sad sack of chit.

bearister
The worst thing about that pastey, male rape enabling weasel is that he is a bad a$$ with extreme fighting skills that could back up his Brown Shirt filibustering act in a street fight if he had too.
concordtom
bearister said:

The worst thing about that pastey, male rape enabling weasel is that he is a bad a$$ with extreme fighting skills that could back up his Brown Shirt filibustering act in a street fight if he had too.
You mentioned that once before.
But it is actually meaningless since nobody here (or anywhere) is going to get into any kind of physical altercation with him. Let him take as many PEDs as Barry Bonds - he's still a rude interrupting attack hound.

Jake was pretty fed up with him and I thought would cut off the interview at any moment. I kept thinking, "Why the hell do they even schedule these jokers on air to allow them to spew their BS???
"No. This show is not open to you if you are going to just spew a bunch of lies and rhetoric."
bearister
concordtom said:

....I kept thinking, "Why the hell do they even schedule these jokers on air to allow them to spew their BS??? "

Whenever anything seems inexplicable, FOLLOW THE MONEY. Having trolls like Stephen Miller, Rudy, and Jim Jordan on otherwise legitimate political discussion shows makes for Jerry Springer Must See TV. I hate many of the people on MSNBC as much as I detest some of the people on Fox News. In the build up to the 2016 Election, human grease stains like Chris Mathews and Chuck Todd did everything in their power to undermine Hillary. You bet your a$$ they distanced themselves from that narrative after the failed businessman and gameshow host won.
FuzzyWuzzy
bearister said:

I kind of hope Trump appoints JJ to a position in his Administration because JJ would not be able to control himself from doing something illegal and I might then have the pleasure of seeing him go to jail. Odds of him going to jail as a Congressman are slimmer.
GBear4Life
She seems centered and probably really fun at parties

bearister
FuzzyWuzzy said:

bearister said:

I kind of hope Trump appoints JJ to a position in his Administration because JJ would not be able to control himself from doing something illegal and I might then have the pleasure of seeing him go to jail. Odds of him going to jail as a Congressman are slimmer.

Thanks to a divided country and jury nullification, anyone from either party that is a major player will never get convicted of anything...but they have to have the balls not to enter a plea.
concordtom
bearister said:

concordtom said:

....I kept thinking, "Why the hell do they even schedule these jokers on air to allow them to spew their BS??? "

Whenever anything seems inexplicable, FOLLOW THE MONEY. Having trolls like Stephen Miller, Rudy, and Jim Jordan on otherwise legitimate political discussion shows makes for Jerry Springer Must See TV. I hate many of the people on MSNBC as much as I detest some of the people on Fox News. In the build up to the 2016 Election, human grease stains like Chris Mathews and Chuck Todd did everything in their power to undermine Hillary. You bet your a$$ they distanced themselves from that narrative after the failed businessman and gameshow host won.

Can I cry now?
Should have finished trump at the start!!!!
concordtom
bearister said:

FuzzyWuzzy said:

bearister said:

Thanks to a divided country and jury nullification, anyone from either party that is a major player will never get convicted of anything...but they have to have the balls not to enter a plea.

The scandal also resulted in the indictment of 69 people, with trials or pleas resulting in 48 being found guilty, many of whom were top Nixon officials.

I hope they all get rolled!
bearister
The tRump Administration, the gift that keeps giving:

"Do a quick search for health insurance, and you'll find plenty of ads for "Trumpcare" plans that cost $59 or less per month. But there's a catch: Trumpcare doesn't exist, and many of these advertised plans offer bare-bones coverage, writes Axios' Bob Herman.

Reality check: The primary way the Trump administration has altered the insurance market is by expanding niche products including short-term plans, association plans and health reimbursement arrangements.
Why it matters: For people who buy health insurance on their own instead of receiving it through an employer, searching for a plan is already challenging. And deceptive marketing only makes it harder, especially when these plans will leave consumers on the hook for potentially ruinous medical bills." Axios
bearister
If your Stage 1 is sending a National punchline out as your surrogate:*

Eric Trump on impeachment fight: 'We're going to win again. This is going to backfire on them' | Fox News

https://www.foxnews.com/media/donald-trump-win-impeachment-fight.amp
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/media/donald-trump-win-impeachment-fight.amp?client=safari

...then Stage 2 is:

*Guilfoyle must have advised tRump Lite to shut his pie hole and pack a Go bag.
okaydo

concordtom
That's some nice levity interruption on a busy news day. Bravo.
Another Bear
okaydo said:

HA...use to do that back in the day at Jack in Box...with 6 people in the car at 2 a.m., rather toasted.
okaydo

okaydo

okaydo
B.A. Bearacus
okaydo said:

Guy in the red cart is Adam Schiff.
Another Bear

Trump's next Attorney General...or whatever sundry cabinet post is open this week.
bearister
Another Bear said:

Trump's next Attorney General...or whatever sundry cabinet post is open this week.

That is actually above average for a Texan. tRump's rally in Texas needs just a single Talking Point: " If you let the Deep State impeach me the first thing that will happen is THEY ARE GOING TO COME FOR YOUR GUNS!"
bearister
America's most polarizing brands: News media companies - Axios

https://www.axios.com/america-polarizing-brands-media-fd1be16b-81fa-47d4-9176-e0a240e4322d.html
sycasey
bearister said:

America's most polarizing brands: News media companies - Axios

https://www.axios.com/america-polarizing-brands-media-fd1be16b-81fa-47d4-9176-e0a240e4322d.html
Not too shocking:

Quote:

In total, Republicans held more negative views than Democrats of every media outlet on the list except for Fox News.
So who is in the bubble again?
bearister
First Gwynnie brought us "conscious uncoupling" (and yoni eggs with goop) and now these Red ba$tard rich guys (as tRump will call them) are pushing "Conscious capitalism."

We are businessmen in the 1%. It's time to increase taxes on us

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/oct/02/patriotic-millionaires-who-want-to-pay-more-taxes?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
B.A. Bearacus
Fox for those who commute.

"His removal comes a few days after he said on his radio program on Monday that Democrats do not believe in the Christian God and instead may worship Moloch, a pagan god often associated with child sacrifice. When asked for comment, Fox News confirmed the news that Starnes is no longer working at the network but did not elaborate on the reasons behind Starnes' departure."
First Page Last Page
Page 16 of 338

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.