Breaking News

981,392 Views | 11779 Replies | Last: 54 min ago by bearister
oski003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Scientists find new clue in what led to megalodon's demise

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/07/03/world/megatooth-shark-warm-blood-scn/index.html
dimitrig
smh said:

dajo9 said:

Pretty soon CA and FL homeowners insurance may be as expensive as Texas
> The reason homeowners insurance is so expensive in Texas is because the state is at worsening risk for a myriad of natural disasters, including hurricanes, wildfires, tornadoes and hail, which could damage your home.

not natural, gradually increasing for the rest of our pathetic lives

I am sure it has nothing to do with the fact that Texas opposes regulation.

movielover
smh said:

dajo9 said:

Pretty soon CA and FL homeowners insurance may be as expensive as Texas
> The reason homeowners insurance is so expensive in Texas is because the state is at worsening risk for a myriad of natural disasters, including hurricanes, wildfires, tornadoes and hail, which could damage your home.

not natural, gradually increasing for the rest of our pathetic lives

Computer models (guesswork).
movielover
tequila4kapp said:

Reports indicate cocaine was found in the White House.

Hunter Biden was there before going to Camp David.

https://nypost.com/2023/07/04/cocaine-found-on-white-house-premises-dispatch-call-shows/
smh
BearHunter
tequila4kapp said:

Reports indicate cocaine was found in the White House.

It wasn't powdered donuts Joe was eating with the grandkids?
BearHunter
AunBear89 said:

Just how big are the American and Trump flags in the bed of your pickup truck?
Cal88
smh said:

Current temperature levels are not out of the ordinary, and the future projections on the chart above are projections using models which have shown to be consistently flawed and alarmist.

This reconstruction of northern hemisphere paleoclimate is much more consistent with historic data:

PS - Thorium.

Eastern Oregon Bear
Cal88 said:

smh said:

Current temperature levels are not out of the ordinary, and the future projections on the chart above are projections using models which have shown to be consistently flawed and alarmist.

This reconstruction of northern hemisphere paleoclimate is much more consistent with historic data:

PS - Thorium.

The two charts don't look too different given the varying axis values, except that your chart cuts off in 2000 when temperatures started taking off.
dimitrig
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

Cal88 said:

smh said:

PS - Thorium.

The two charts don't look too different given the varying axis values, except that your chart cuts off in 2000 when temperatures started taking off.

Cal88

Notice that the latter parts in this graph and yours are hypothetical projections.

Bottom line, the baseline CO2 concentrations from just a couple of centuries ago in the 200ppm range are some of the lowest CO2 concentrations in the entire history of the planet, going back billions of years. Life/photosynthesis would cease at CO2 levels below 200ppm, the earth has been starved of CO2, which is a powerful and essential fertilizer, and whose effect as a greenhouse gas is marginal at the current concentration levels.

Cal88
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

Cal88 said:

smh said:

PS - Thorium.

Only if you tack on that end Mann's fraudulent hockey stick produced by drylabbed data. They've also lowered historical data, practically erasing the Medieval and Roman warm periods in order to "hide the decline", and they were caught making that sausage in climategate, where the content of their email was revealed by a whistleblower.

Also bear in mind that in SMH's chart, the lower temperature periods in the white zone corresponded to the ice age, New York and half of Europe were under a mile-deep layer of ice only 10-12,000 years ago. Those temperature levels are among the coldest in the entire 4 billion year history of the planet, as are CO2 levels in the 200-300ppm range, which were the lowest in the last billion plus years.
smh
worst of co2's dirty tricks is leverage, screwing the pooch with low sounding numbers.
as of May 2022 > The current global average concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere is (0.04%) 421ppm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_dioxide_in_Earth%27s_atmosphere
movielover
New York Post: Bill de Blasio and wife Chirlane McCray are separating to date other people without moving out or divorcing

https://nypost.com/2023/07/05/de-blasio-announces-split-from-wife-chirlane-mccray/
movielover
President Trump righly asks where the SECURITY TAPES are from the recent WhitecHouse cocaine drug imbroglio?
BearHunter
movielover said:

President Trump righly asks where the SECURITY TAPES are from the recent WhitecHouse cocaine drug imbroglio?

There was no one among the press corps smart enough to ask that question?
SFCityBear
smh said:

worst of co2's dirty tricks is leverage, screwing the pooch with low sounding numbers.
as of May 2022 > The current global average concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere is (0.04%) 421ppm

"The worst of CO2's dirty tricks" ??? What are the others? Never mind. CO2 is a fertilizer, vital to your and my survival. It is essential for plants to live and grow, so they can produce food for you and I, and oxygen for you and I to breathe.

I have been regularly walking in the park for years, using the same particular paths bordered by grasses, shrubs, and trees. Beginning in the spring, the plants on either side of these paths began to grow. Soon the shrubs and grasses and weeds all began to grow. Over the last 3 months the growth in plant life has narrowed the paths, to where two people can not pass each other on the trail, without one of us having to step into the bushes to let the other person pass by. The foliage on the trees has grown so much that it has become too heavy for the branches to bear without bending. The canopy is so low now, that I have to bend way down to get under it and continue on my way. This is by far the most growth I have ever seen in a single season, and the growth season is not even half over. In 2 more months, there will be no path at all. I expect crop yields to be way up this year. I'd guess much of it is due to the increase in CO2 in the air.

And to top off your post, you actually cite Wikipedia as your source!!! Wikipedia is a source where anyone, anyone at all can post an article. You or I could post an article.

Wikipedia is a source all right, a source of propaganda. Wikipedia has been controlled by the Left for many years. Take any hot-button political topic or issue, and Wikipedia will take the view of the Left. In fact they have people they pay to originate, or revise articles on Anthropogenic Global Warming to express the view they believe to be correct, the view that best states their agenda. Here is one such editor, the greenie, William Connelley.

https://www.conservapedia.com/William_M._Connolley
SFCityBear
bearister
movielover said:

tRump made millions selling the invasion of Iran memo to Israel and the House of Saud and he thinks a bag of cocaina gets him outa dat?
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Cal88
^Agree completely about Wikipedia and Connolley, who was the subject of a debate here on the 1970s scientific consensus on global cooling, he was one of the main deniers of that current, incredibly active in that debate, and incredibly dishonest.

The huge overgrowth in coastal California you've seen this year however is much more the result of a long and intense rainy season than the rise in CO2. CO2 is also a factor, no doubt, but its effects are more observable over a longer period, as the rise in CO2 concentration is very slow and steady, while the variations in rainfall vary greatly from season to season.

But yeah, if you compare average vegetation growth from periods decades apart, the rise in CO2 is the primary factor, as proven by objective observers like NASA.

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/2016/carbon-dioxide-fertilization-greening-earth

Quote:

Carbon Dioxide Fertilization Greening Earth, Study Finds

From a quarter to half of Earth's vegetated lands has shown significant greening over the last 35 years largely due to rising levels of atmospheric carbon dioxide, according to a new study published in the journal Nature Climate Change on April 25.

An international team of 32 authors from 24 institutions in eight countries led the effort, which involved using satellite data from NASA's Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectrometer and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's Advanced Very High Resolution Radiometer instruments to help determine the leaf area index, or amount of leaf cover, over the planet's vegetated regions. The greening represents an increase in leaves on plants and trees equivalent in area to two times the continental United States.
SFCityBear
Cal88 said:

^Agree completely about Wikipedia and Connolley, who was the subject of a debate here on the 1970s scientific consensus on global cooling, he was one of the main deniers of that current, incredibly active in that debate, and incredibly dishonest.

The huge overgrowth in coastal California you've seen this year however is much more the result of a long and intense rainy season than the rise in CO2. CO2 is also a factor, no doubt, but its effects are more observable over a longer period, as the rise in CO2 concentration is very slow and steady, while the variations in rainfall vary greatly from season to season.

But yeah, if you compare average vegetation growth from periods decades apart, the rise in CO2 is the primary factor, as proven by objective observers like NASA.

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/2016/carbon-dioxide-fertilization-greening-earth

Quote:

Carbon Dioxide Fertilization Greening Earth, Study Finds

From a quarter to half of Earth's vegetated lands has shown significant greening over the last 35 years largely due to rising levels of atmospheric carbon dioxide, according to a new study published in the journal Nature Climate Change on April 25.

An international team of 32 authors from 24 institutions in eight countries led the effort, which involved using satellite data from NASA's Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectrometer and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's Advanced Very High Resolution Radiometer instruments to help determine the leaf area index, or amount of leaf cover, over the planet's vegetated regions. The greening represents an increase in leaves on plants and trees equivalent in area to two times the continental United States.

Thanks for the correction, and for the information.
SFCityBear
SFCityBear
smh said:

In a debate on science, we need to pay close attention to the sources we use, as to their background and expertise as they relate to the subject. In this case, Gardner is an ecologist, with some expertise in conservation, while Morton was or is a clinical psychologist. They may have good intentions or not, but in any case, neither one has direct experience or expertise in the science, certainly not enough to be making or judging predictions in future temperatures, or in evaluating scientific research which results in those predictions. They are self-proclaimed climate activists, which is a political avocation, a passion, but only detracts from a debate on the facts of the science which we need to digest in order to decide whether AGW is real, and whether it is dangerous, in order to act on it. People like Gardener and Morton may be well meaning, but spreading unproven theories only results in confusion at best, or in fear, which is worse.
SFCityBear
bearister

Makes perfect sense to me.
movielover
movielover
movielover
tequila4kapp
movielover said:

I am not sure what's going on in France and whatever that is, I doubt it is possible to have a rationale discussion about it on BI OT.
sycasey
movielover said:

Having actually watched the video, it seems like most people are a bit surprised but accepting of the fact. What are you trying to demonstrate by posting this and then following up with the image of French protesters waving Algerian flags?
HearstMining
SFCityBear said:

smh said:

"The worst of CO2's dirty tricks" ??? What are the others? Never mind. CO2 is a fertilizer, vital to your and my survival. It is essential for plants to live and grow, so they can produce food for you and I, and oxygen for you and I to breathe.

I have been regularly walking in the park for years, using the same particular paths bordered by grasses, shrubs, and trees. Beginning in the spring, the plants on either side of these paths began to grow. Soon the shrubs and grasses and weeds all began to grow. Over the last 3 months the growth in plant life has narrowed the paths, to where two people can not pass each other on the trail, without one of us having to step into the bushes to let the other person pass by. The foliage on the trees has grown so much that it has become too heavy for the branches to bear without bending. The canopy is so low now, that I have to bend way down to get under it and continue on my way. This is by far the most growth I have ever seen in a single season, and the growth season is not even half over. In 2 more months, there will be no path at all. I expect crop yields to be way up this year. I'd guess much of it is due to the increase in CO2 in the air.

And to top off your post, you actually cite Wikipedia as your source!!! Wikipedia is a source where anyone, anyone at all can post an article. You or I could post an article.

Wikipedia is a source all right, a source of propaganda. Wikipedia has been controlled by the Left for many years. Take any hot-button political topic or issue, and Wikipedia will take the view of the Left. In fact they have people they pay to originate, or revise articles on Anthropogenic Global Warming to express the view they believe to be correct, the view that best states their agenda. Here is one such editor, the greenie, William Connelley.

https://www.conservapedia.com/William_M._Connolley

Hmmm - a single season growth spurt. And you propose that the cause is the increased CO2. Don't you think it might it just possibly be due to NORTHERN CALIFORNIA'S WETTEST RAINY SEASON IN 38 YEARS?
bearister
Look at the way the French treat Americans, you know, the guys that kept them from having to speak German. How you reckon they treat their immigrants of color? Ample research available on the subject.
sonofabear51
Is this the proposed building at Sloat near Ocean Beach?
Start Slowly and taper off
movielover
The proposed high rise near the zoo.
sycasey
movielover said:

Oh wait!

https://www.boomlive.in/fact-check/algerians-protest-place-de-la-republique-bouteflika-france-unrest-fact-check-22452
Quote:

Video Of Protest Against Algerian President Falsely Linked To France Unrest

BOOM found that the video is from 2019 when the Algerian diaspora in France protested against a fifth term of President Abdelaziz Bouteflika of Algeria.
Every time. You guys get fooled every time!
Cal88
movielover said:

The proposed high rise near the zoo.
Even for a pro-business, pro-growth anti-NIMBY guy like me, that looks ridiculous!

They should however build lots of these in areas like downtown Berkeley and the industrial and business districts in SF.
MinotStateBeav

Unit2Sucks
sycasey said:

Oh wait!

https://www.boomlive.in/fact-check/algerians-protest-place-de-la-republique-bouteflika-france-unrest-fact-check-22452
Quote:

Video Of Protest Against Algerian President Falsely Linked To France Unrest

BOOM found that the video is from 2019 when the Algerian diaspora in France protested against a fifth term of President Abdelaziz Bouteflika of Algeria.
Every time. You guys get fooled every time!
Hang on just a second - are you insinuating that Trollstoy88, which is quite obviously a Kremlin-funded and managed misinformation account - is anything but trustworthy? From what I could gather before permanently ignoring the shills in the Ukraine thread, they rely almost entirely on Kremlin-funded misinformation accounts like ts to provide content for their firehose of falsehoods.

Here's a great example which I'm sure was parroted in OT at some point by the shameless war promoting shills but has been proven laughably false.

Got to give the Kremlin bonus points for choosing 88 (the white supremacist secret handshake) to this troll's account. It's certainly not an accident or coincidence that they chose 88 for this account and given the way they resource this effort they could have chosen any handle they wanted. As I've stated over and over, the firehose of falsehoods relies on an overload of contradictory statements, much like Trump's propaganda. While they sometimes pretend that the Ukraine war is somehow related to Putin wanting to do something about nazis, they still like appealing to nazis with dog whistles.
First Page Last Page
Page 211 of 337

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.