Breaking News

861,200 Views | 10885 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Big C
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
oski003 said:

concordtom said:

sycasey said:

Big C said:

82gradDLSdad said:

Cal88 said:

FYI Bearister, Sanna is single!

This was a prime minister?

Age 34 when she assumed the "PM throne" in Helsinki. But alas, after 3 1/2 years, she was Finnished.

Somebody remind me again why the US doesn't have a Prime Minister?
Because we have a Presidential system with a separate legislature, not a legislature that elects a leader directly (parliamentary system).

Wrong.
We have a Party system (controlled by unknown Dark Money funders) that selects members of all 3 branches and hopes it can convince enough votes via a complex mechanism of opponent-denigration, fear-mongering, brand marketing, group-think, crowd-momentum propaganda tactics - all paid for by said Dark Money funders. The voters are merely the mice in the maze whom the socials scientists are trying the coax into a response desired by their respective backers.

So are the selected politicians, by the way. If they behave accordingly, they remain. If they don't, they are primaried and removed from the maze experiment. It's like breeding cattle where the farmer selects for desired traits: milk production, muscle growth size, disease resistance, etc.

I'm picturing cattle as the politicians farmers as the social scientists, and I'm not sure if oxpeckers or gmo grass seed represent the voters.

But wait, how do we fit a cow in the maze?

If they cant primary someone out because they are too popular, they now find a friendly court jurisdiction and bend laws and enact new ones to get someone out.

They would only be found guilty if proved to a unanimous 12 beyond a reasonable doubt.

When trump shoots someone on on 5th Ave., well, I look forward to your posts!

Two impeachments.
Rape, or sexual assault.
Funneling Federal business to his properties.
Stealing of classified documents and lack of cooperation with those attempting to recover: lies, hiding, moving of documents.
Multi-faceted scheme to overturn a national election in coup d'etat style, including false accusations of fraud, extorsion, fake electors, mob gathering at the scene, mob talk ("fight like hell", "we're going to March to the Capitol", etc), violent insurrection.

And that doesn't even consider:

Cheating on wife. No, wiVES!
Calling POW and KIAs losers
Not revealing taxes, breaking tradition and his prior commitment, and lying to public about why (under audit).
NYTimes expose on Trump taxes paid.
NYTimes expose on lifetime of Trump family financial maneuvers to avoid taxes.
Not paying contractors for work they've done.
Countless lawsuits threatening those seeking payment for work they've done.
Race-baiting.

Because this second category is just "character" stuff, but might reasonably be taken into consideration when determining guilt in the first category.

I know I'm forgetting 2x as many problems of his.
Cal88
^ At least you didn't rag on the looks of his 17 year old daughter this time.
concordtom
Cal88 said:

^ At least you didn't rag on the looks of his 17 year old daughter this time.

Hahaha.
Yeah. Shoot the messenger! Classic diversion!
Cal88
There are 8 Trump threads on the first page alone, and clearly that's not enough for you...
Cal88
Macron and Scholz crushed in European elections today.

Macron got only 15%, had to dissolve parliament and call for snap elections.

In Germany, they lowered the voting age to 16, it turns out they voted much further right than older Germans...
concordtom
Gather your belongings.
concordtom
Cal88 said:

There are 8 Trump threads on the first page alone, and clearly that's not enough for you...

If you follow the chain of conversation, I was reply to SOMEONE ELSE who was referring to Trump.
dajo9
Cal88 said:

I don't follow politics in France too closely. Aside from immigration and trade what are Le Pen's big views? I take it she still supports universal healthcare, which by itself is very liberal by American standards.
American Vermin
movielover
Cal88
dajo9 said:

Cal88 said:

I don't follow politics in France too closely. Aside from immigration and trade what are Le Pen's big views? I take it she still supports universal healthcare, which by itself is very liberal by American standards.

She's been trying to soften her image for years, moving from the far right to the right. In additin she is perceived as having inherited her daddy's party and lacks personal political gravitas. Her party is not as aggressively anti-immigrant as say Gert Wilders' far right party in Holland or the other far right party run by her niece.

Universal health care repeal would be a non-starter. in fact she would be to the left of Macron on this and his other attempts to privatize state assets and services.
dajo9
That was a complete non sequiter to my question. Why is it always so hard to hear anything concrete about policy from the right?
American Vermin
Cal88
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine_Le_Pen#Ligne_politique
bearister
The man has talent:

2024 Commencement Address by Roger Federer | Dartmouth

https://home.dartmouth.edu/news/2024/06/2024-commencement-address-roger-federer

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bear2034

BREAKING: On January 6, 2021, Nancy Pelosi took responsibility for the lack of National Guard troops at the Capitol. It was only afterwards, she blamed Trump.
movielover

Big C

^ You and YourLordBebo long for the 1950s, don't you.
movielover
Big C said:

I believe we long for competence. Two young police officers should be able to easily handle an over 50, in poor shape man. Indeed, one average-sized, non professional easily got compliance. Both officers clearly feel physically inferior.

Our FBI has real-world statistics that show the worse outcomes when female officers are involved, and better outcomes when black officers are part of the law enforcement team.
82gradDLSdad
bearister said:

The man has talent:

2024 Commencement Address by Roger Federer | Dartmouth

https://home.dartmouth.edu/news/2024/06/2024-commencement-address-roger-federer

Nice speech.
movielover
MinotStateBeav
Scary times man. FBI literally sees half the country as terrorists. Have to clean house since this has been their hiring practice the FBI is ideologically captured.
bearister
That's funny in light of the fact tRump very publicly and in an unsavory manner acknowledged that Comey literally delivered the 2016 Election to him on a silver platter.

AunBear89
MinotStateBeav said:

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
Big C
movielover said:

Big C said:

I believe we long for competence. Two young police officers should be able to easily handle an over 50, in poor shape man. Indeed, one average-sized, non professional easily got compliance. Both officers clearly feel physically inferior.

Our FBI has real-world statistics that show the worse outcomes when female officers are involved, and better outcomes when black officers are part of the law enforcement team.

1. I'm guessing that there is a greater context to that video, beyond "weak female cops need male Good Samaritan to help them arrest perp".

2. I seriously doubt that any two full-fledged female cops couldn't/wouldn't do whatever was necessary to subdue a bad guy (even though the average male cop is bound to be physically stronger than the average female cop). Female cops are reasonably strong, tough humans, who have been well-trained to use the necessary amount of force they need to get the job done.

3. And this is where we probably agree: If they can't do the job required, they shouldn't be out there.
bearister
It's in France, they are all wimps.
Cal88
bearister said:

It's in France, they are all wimps.

Looks like Marseille in the south, the white knight is getting a date with the straight gendarmette.
dajo9
President Biden has unwound the Trump crime surge

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/fbis-latest-data-show-historic-drop-crime-garland/story%3fid=110989589
American Vermin
movielover
Thirty one percent of law enforcement agencies didn't report crime statistics in 2022.

"The missing agencies include the LAPD, the NYPD, and police departments in Phoenix, San Jose and New York's Suffolk County."
Eastern Oregon Bear
movielover said:

Thirty one percent of law enforcement agencies didn't report crime statistics in 2022.

"The missing agencies include the LAPD, the NYPD, and police departments in Phoenix, San Jose and New York's Suffolk County."
Yet despite the massive underreporting in 2022, crime statistics are lower now. Very impressive!
oski003
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

movielover said:

Yet despite the massive underreporting in 2022, crime statistics are lower now. Very impressive!

You have 2023?
Eastern Oregon Bear
oski003 said:

Eastern Oregon Bear said:

movielover said:

You have 2023?
I don't but the FBI does. Read the linked news story. It references crime statistics for 2023 and Jan-Mar 2024.
bearister
"54 years ago today, Pirates pitcher Dock Ellis threw his infamous no-hitter against the Padres while high on LSD, Jeff writes.

Whoops: The L.A. native spent his off day back at home dropping acid, but accidentally took another hit on Friday, thinking it was still Thursday. His friend then reminded him he had to be back in San Diego to pitch, so he hopped on a plane, arrived 90 minutes before the game, and threw a 6-strikeout, 8-walk no-no.

"I started having a crazy idea in the fourth inning that Richard Nixon was the home plate umpire. And once I thought I was pitching to Jimi Hendrix, who was holding a guitar and swinging it over the plate." Ellis, years later."
-YahooSportsAM

MinotStateBeav
Merrick Garland, the Attorney General of the United States has been held in contempt of congress. This administration setting all kinds of records. All because the House wants the audio recording of Biden talking about his stolen documents case with FBI agent Robert Hur, and Garland is refusing to turn it over.
bearister
Why do you suppose Hannity telegraphed on Monday night that tRump may back out of the debate?
I say the Vegas "broken teleprompter" rally really scared his handlers.

Captain Queeg:
"Ahh, but the strawberries that's... that's where I had them. They laughed at me and made jokes but I proved beyond the shadow of a doubt and with... geometric logic... that a duplicate key to the wardroom icebox DID exist, and I'd have produced that key if they hadn't of pulled the Caine out of action. I, I, I know now they were only trying to protect some fellow officers..."
MinotStateBeav
Curious how you think the Detroit Lions will do this year?
bearister
MinotStateBeav said:

Curious how you think the Detroit Lions will do this year?

The Republicans want the recordings so that they can edit them, air them on Fox News, and make it look like Biden is senile (they were not satisfied with Robert Hur's gratuitous comments about Biden's mental state).

You didn't frame the real issue in your comment so I did it for you by discussing tRump's mental state.

Let America decide who is more degraded mentally, Biden or tRump. The debates will show it is tRump because he cannot process the simplest question or formulate even a basic responsive answer (which is why he can't testify on his own behalf…that and being guilty and all).

Nice try with your cute question that was suggesting my comment had nothing to do with yours….but in fairness to you, maybe you never connected the dots why the Republicans want the recordings.

With regard to your question, I hope the Lion's sneak into the SB and give it a shot. I bought this hat and I'm ready to go:

First Page Last Page
Page 306 of 312

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.